• Published 31st Oct 2020
  • 791 Views, 3 Comments

Friendship is Failure #19: Write in the Head (Hour long special) - DakariKingMykan



Stone Heart Terrorizes Ponies in their dreams

  • ...
38
 3
 791

Act 7: Busted

ACT SEVEN

The trio waited, and waited…

Spike fell asleep to try and rest, which wasn’t easy given how hungry he was. Twilight and Starlight took turns staying awake as best they could, while ignoring their own hunger as well.

Suddenly, the alarm clock went off, and Stone got up almost instantly.

The ladies were almost started by the sudden ringing, but did all they could as not to make any noise, while Spike slept all through it sucking on the end of his tail innocently.

“It’s time.” Stone hissed, and he lit a candle.


“This is it.” whispered Twilight.

Starlight nodded, and she and Twilight watched as Stone got out of bed and pulled the carpet off the floor, exposing the secret door.

The two ponies moved along the walls to the floor, taking Spike with them and followed Stone into the cellar.

The lights flicked on and they saw Stone sit at the lone table with a typewriter on it.

“I think I’ll do a little warm up first.” Stone said to himself as he loaded paper into the machine.

Twilight and Starlight looked at each other and moved up further along the wall to get a good look at what he started typing.

His story was entitled “Deading Day.” and he began to type out…

“It was the day of the wedding for Spike and Rarity in Las Pegasus, and all their friends were gathered to bear witness, some were being rather annoying.”

At the same time, Spike began to toss and turn on Starlight’s back, which the ladies noticed.


Spike began to dream…

There he was in, Las Pegasus, all dressed in a little tuxedo, and his beautiful bride stood right next to him. His heart pounded hard, and his blood was twisting and turning with wrecked nerves, but Rarity fluttered her eyes at him behind her veil.

Snips was the Go-Between


Snips cleared his throat to start the ceremony…

“Dearly behooved… we are gathered here today--”

Suddenly, Pinkie came bursting into the chapel squealing, “Hold on, I have your flowers, Rarity! They’re right here! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em!”

Snip sighed in dismay, “Oh, my gosh! We’re never--!”

“They’re gorgeous,” said Rarity “Now how is my frock?”

Snips cleared his throat again, “Dearly behooved… we are gathered here today to--”

“How is my frock?” Rarity cut in again, much to Snips growing irate.

“Oh, my gosh! We’re never going to get through this!”

“Do you need more flowers?” called Pinkie “I think you need more flowers! I got more flowers for you right here!”

“Yes… We need more flowers!” grumbled Snips.

Twilight used her magic to levitate Pinkie up and out of the way so as not to interrupt anymore, while Spike just gazed at his bride, sweating bullets.

“Um… gosh…” he stammered “I… I don’t know what to say, but you look… beautiful.”
Rarity blushed and fluttered her eyes at him as she asked, “Have you got the rock?”

Spike blinked once, “…What?”

“Have you… brought… my… rock?”

Spike hesitated, “Uh… yeah, totally, um… I had some ponies help me bring it in because it’s kind of the size of Fillydelphiea.”

“Okay, we’re renting the hall by the hour!” wailed Snips “If you two want to get married, can we please focus!?”


Suddenly, there was an earthquake. The entire chapel began to tremble.

“What’s going?!” called Twilight.

Suddenly, she, Rarity, and Spike vanished in an instant.


Spike then reappeared in a deep cavern.

“Where am I?” he wondered, and then the sound of sinister laughing was heard, and HE appeared, wearing a demonic hood and cape.

“Stone Heart…?!”

Stone laughed at him, “Welcome, Spike. Sorry to break in on your wedding day, it’s just that I have a little lesson to teach you about life, and how sometimes… it won’t always end up happy-ever-after!”

Spike was very livid, “What are you talking about?”

Stone snickered, and tapped his magical hoof on the ground. The back wall of the cave lit up, showing Twilight and Rarity both bound by glowing chains that rendered their magic worthless, and they were hanging by ropes over a bubbling lava pit.

“Twilight…! Rarity…!!”


“Spike!!” called Twilight.

“Help me, Spikey-Wikey!” shrieked Rarity.

Spike tried to rush forth to save them, but he was suddenly frozen in place by Stone’s magic! “Sorry, but we’re playing by my rules… or rather the rules of life.”

“What do you mean?!” called Twilight.

Stone snickered, “I mean that sometimes in life we have to make difficult choices… even if it means we have to make sacrifices, and all the love, friendship, harmony and other fiddle-fuddle you preach and share about won’t save you this time!”

Suddenly, the ropes holding the ladies slowly began to lower towards the lava.

“No!!” cried Spike. “Let them go!!”

Stone only laughed at him, “You’ll have to choose, I’m afraid.

That’s when he was released from the spell, and a magical scepter appeared before him. “What’s this for?”

“That scepter has enough power in it to free one of the ladies… only one! You must choose Spike-- which one will live, and which you will lose!”


Spike gasped at such a horrible ultimatum.

“Why you dirty, wretched, beast of a monster!” thundered Rarity, but all this earned her was her mouth being magically gagged shut!

“You better hurry up and choose,” Stone taunted Spike “Lose your beloved bride, Rarity, or say goodbye to your mother figure, Twilight Sparkle.

Of course, if you don’t choose before they reach the lava… then you’ll lose them BOTH!”

A fine choice Spike had to make. No matter which option he chose, someone was going to die! How could he possibly choose?

Then again, the rope only seemed to go faster, and faster towards the lava before he could even get his thoughts going and the ladies screamed as they were both consumed by the fiery flames.

Spike wailed and screamed, “NOOOOOOOOOOOO…!!!”


…At that point, Stone was wrapping up the story. “Poor Spike kept calling out for Twilight and Rarity, but they were both gone, and poor Spike knew he would never feel the same again!

…The End!”

The very second he finished typing and the typewriter gave a little ding, Spike awoke screaming “…NOOOOOOOOOO!!”

Making Twilight and Starlight yelp and leap in fright, and Stone heart gasped and fell out of his chair.

“Who’s here?!” he called out “I heard you! Show yourself!”

Twilight and Starlight knew they had no choice, and they materialized, with Spike right before him.

Stone glared at Twilight, “You…!” Then he looked furious “You’ve been spying on me, snooping around my home and invading my privacy?!”

Twilight growled at him, but then turned to see Starlight comforting a shaken Spike.

“It was terrible!” whimpered Spike, “Twilight… Rarity… I couldn’t save them!”

Starlight held him close comforting him, but she looked up at Twilight, and she had the idea as Starlight.

Twilight took the page out of the typewriter.

“Hey!” snapped Stone.

“Spike, look at this.” Twilight said, holding up the story.

Spike could barely believe his eyes. “It’s here…! It’s all here! The wedding, the cave, the lava…” he stopped and looked up at Stone “…And you.”

Stone heart began to look nervous, knowing he was busted.


“It’s you…” said Twilight “You’re the one causing all the nightmares in Canterlot.”

Stone sighed and openly admitted. “Yes… I am, but I can’t take absolutely all the credit.” And he pointed at the typewriter.

“It must have some kind of curse on it.” Starlight deduced.

Stone nodded, “Anything that I write with this, the subject I write about magically dreams it. I use it to torment any pony or creature who wronged me, annoys me, or just plain deserves it.

…They’re just dreams anyway. They can’t physically harm you.”

The trio was astounded.

Spike gazed at the typewriter in awe. “It’s like a dream machine. You can get into the heads of any creature, and they’ll never be able to stop it.”

Starlight and Twilight did find it astounding, but they were horrified and livid with the fact he used the power to terrorize other ponies.

“This ends here!” decided Twilight, and she tried to use her powers on the machine, only to find that her magic was ineffective on it-- just faded out without even getting close to it.

“I’m sorry Princess Twilight, but even your magic will avail you naught against this sort of power.”

Twilight turned and gawked at him, and before he could further warn her, she then tried to grab the machine with her bare hoofs, only to receive a painful, burning shock.

Poor Twilight blew on her scalding hot hooves.

“Are you alright?” cried Starlight.

Twilight just rubbed her hooves together to ease the pain, and Stone walked up to the typewriter, stroking it softly, explaining “This machine and I have a sort of magical bond. I, and I alone, am the only one it lets use, and just as it protects itself from harm, it protects me as well.”

The trio gawked back and forth at one another. This meant that targeting Stone with magic or trying to fight with him would be totally useless.

“If you don’t believe me then try.”

“Um… we’ll take your word for it.” said Starlight.

Twilight didn’t know whether to be more astounded, or horrified by all this, but she was curious.

“Why would you do this? How could you do this?”

Stone quivered with outrage and a hint of misery, and he decided, since he had been found out, to give himself up quietly. “I will tell you at the royal palace in the morning, when everyone has awoken.”

Twilight was astounding that instead of flying into a fit of rage and resistance, Stone was willing to give himself up and go quietly.



The next morning, Twilight presented the case to Celestia, with the evidence, and Stone brought the machine to show. Princess Luna was present as well.

Twilight’s friends all looked a little tired because they, too, had been affected by the nightmare Stone had written the other night.

“So you’re the one behind all this?!” Rainbow thundered at Stone, and she looked ready to rush over and beat him up silly, but Twilight and Starlight used their magic to hold her down.

“Rainbow, control yourself!” demanded Twilight.

“Yes, please!” insisted Celestia “I will not tolerate unwanted physical violence!”

“But your majesty…” wailed Rarity, and she pointed at Stone, “This menacing pony has been terrorizing innocent ponies, including all of us.”

“I realize that,” said Celestia “But I also wish to hear his reasoning for why he did it before judgement is passed.”

Stone only snuffed at such a thing, and grumbled under his breathe. “…Yeah right, you do.”

She heard him, so did the others, and they were shocked he would say such a thing.

“Why are you being so pushy?” asked Fluttershy.

“Yeah, we only want to hear what you have to say.” added Pinkie.

Stone snuffed and looked away from them all with a sour expression. “No pony ever wants to hear what I have to say, even if I get word in edgewise, it’s always the same; no one listens, no one cares… just as long as they get what they want, usually at my expense.

Why should any of you be the same? You all have blind and terrible tastes. Why else would you favor that disgusting story I wrote, and continue to spread nonsensical notions about Friendship, Harmony and all that other stuff you handle without proper knowledge of what else can go on!”

Celestia was stunned by his tone, but more by his words.

“What are you insinuating?” asked Princess Luna “You are being held in close arrest. It would be foolish of you to remain stubborn and silent.”

“Come on, son,” added Applejack “You may as well come clean. It might even help you.”

Realizing that no one was giving him the choice, Stone sighed “Fine, I’ll waste my time and tell you everything. I doubt it’ll mean anything.”

Author's Note:

Don't be telling me about Discord. Even if he was in this fic (Which I'm thankful I left him out) I'd make it so even HIS power can't affect the machine.

It's a little thing I seem to portray Discord as... He may be able to manipulate reality, but when he comes up against someone or something that can ALSO affect reality, and/or pierce through it (Shatter it) he's as good beaten.