• Published 31st Oct 2020
  • 791 Views, 3 Comments

Friendship is Failure #19: Write in the Head (Hour long special) - DakariKingMykan



Stone Heart Terrorizes Ponies in their dreams

  • ...
38
 3
 791

Act 9: A Nightmare Come True

ACT NINE

All the friends gawked with their eyes wide and their mouths hanging open as if they had seen a ghost. Rarity fainted in such horrific shock, while Stone just stood where he was with a stern expression, and he snuffed at them all.

Twilight snapped herself to her senses unable to know what to think from all this. She couldn’t believe that Stone lived such a life, surrounded by heartless and cruel ponies, “…Still, this is horrid!” she stated “Terrorizing them in their sleep?! Why it makes you no different from the rest of them.”

“I’m aware of this.” Stone admitted “But don’t like they didn’t deserve it, because they did, and so did all of you.

I am so sick and tired of ponies like you TELLING me what I should like or hate, and willfully deciding that what I do isn’t good enough no matter what it is.

But more importantly than that, I’m sick and tired of all these lies and falsehoods about friendship and “getting along.” All it ever caused me was pain and suffering, while others go on rewarded and praised for bad behaviour and things.

What am I supposed to do: Just sit and let them all push me to the brink of instantly?”

Celestia spoke calmly to him. “Stone, I understand your anger now, but why didn’t you just write to me. I would have been more than understanding. I could have helped you.”

Stone sighed and shook his head, “Haven’t you listened to anything that I’ve been saying? I couldn’t trust you, Princess! Especially since you, too, favored The Strength of Friendship.

And, begging your pardon, but I knew you were just like all the rest-- blind, ignorant, concerned only with the Brightside of things while completely ignoring the few of us who just never get to walk down that path.”

Celestia felt and seemed visibly offended at such a statement. So did all the others.

Stone continued saying, “Even if you weren’t openly hostile with me, I still couldn’t trust you. You, like all the rest, would only resort to insisting I “Improve” myself or “Take other ponies’ advice.” the very things that I swore against and detested!

All you would do is make me become something I can’t trust and don’t want to be!”


Twilight had never seen such a pony so angry, and so upset against friendship and positivity, of course she still couldn’t blame him. “This still does not excuse what you’ve done.” she said.

The sisters agreed, “However…” said Luna “Other than given ponies a dreadful fright, you haven’t physically harmed anyone, and given your statements, and the understanding of what led to all this… it will be taken into account.”

“What?!” snapped Rainbow “You can’t seriously be thinking of going easy on this jerk!”

“You wretched monster!” added Rarity.

Stone’s features hardened.

“Rainbow Dash, Rarity…!” snapped Celestia “You will refrain from using such hostile words! That goes for the rest of you.”

“I agree.” said Applejack “The guy’s been through enough already, and while he can’t be excused, we’re not getting anywhere by making things worse throwing all these insults at him.”

“I agree,” said Fluttershy “He needs help.”

“He needs lots, and lots, and lots of help!” added Pinkie.


While everyone was talking, or rather arguing about what to do about Stone, the story that was recently typed on the typewriter slipped off in the drafts from an open window, and landed right near two guards in the back.

One of them picked it up, and he couldn’t help but read it aloud to his partner. “Check this out…“Deading Day.”

It was the day of the wedding for Spike and Rarity in Las Pegasus, and all their friends were gathered to bear witness, some were being rather annoying.”

“Aww…” said the other guard.”


“I think we’re all overreacting here.” protested Starlight. “They were dreams, and you can get hurt from them.”

Spike did agreed, “But it still counts as harassment and that’s--” he stopped when he noticed something unusual “Look at the typewriter.”

Everyone saw, it was glowing brightly, and before everyone knew it, there was a big white flash, and all the friends and Spike had vanished, leaving only Celestia and Luna.

“Where did they go?” asked Celestia.

Luna had not a clue.


There the friends were, at Spike and Rarity’s wedding, and there was Snips starting the ceremony.

“Dearly be-hooved, we are gathered here today…”


Spike and Rarity gawked at one another in shock, and so did all the others.

“What’s going on?” asked Spike.

“This is the nightmare Stone wrote.” said Rarity.

Twilight felt herself all over, “But this doesn’t feel like a dream.”

The others agreed, and suddenly, Pinkie leapt about going “Hold on, I have your flowers, Rarity! They’re right here! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em! I got’em!”

And Snips groaned, “Oh, my gosh! We’re never--!”

Everyone was astounded! Everything was happened exactly as was written in the story, and even though they were all aware of this, they couldn’t control their actions and were forced to go along as the story was written.

“Wait…!” cried Rarity “If this is how the story goes, then that means…!”

Indeed! The earthquake happened, and Twilight, Rarity, and Spike vanished… and then reappeared as Stone Heart’s prisoners in the cavern, and the ladies were dangling over the lava.

“Welcome…” he hissed.

All three of the prisoners knew what was coming next. “Stone!” called Spike “Your story, its coming true!”

“I know!” cried Stone. He wasn’t pretending, he was really concerned “I don’t understand it, but... I…” he stopped when he began to lower the ladies into the lava, and Spike was forced to choose again.

“No!!” cried Twilight.

Rarity only screamed and wailed.

“No!! Stop it!!” pleaded Spike.

“…I can’t!!” cried Stone. “What have I created…?!”



Celestia and Luna looked all around for the others, but all they could see were the two guards goofing off as they read the story.

“You two…!” she called to them, making the two guards jump, and they dropped the story which landed by Luna’s hooves, and at the very same time, all the friends and stone suddenly reappeared in a flash startling the guards and the sisters.

“What is the meaning of this?” Luna asked.


All the others looked pale and frightened out of their wits, and it was Stone who broke the silence. “That wasn’t a dream, was it?”

The others all shook their heads.

“We were really there.” said Twilight “You nearly killed me and Rarity.”

Rarity shuddered as several chills ran up her spine.

“But how did that all happen?” asked Starlight.

Stone scooped up the story on the floor.

The two guards stepped forth and one of them said, “…We were just reading it, that’s all.”

“Yes, you were.” said Celestia “And then we stopped you, and…” she paused and looked at everyone, implying the second the guards had stopped reading did they all reappear.

“What is going on?” asked Pinkie.

Stone looked over at the typewriter, “I think we’ve just discovered another special feature of my little dream machine.”

Everyone looked so perplexed yet astounded.



Meanwhile, whatever happened to those pages that got blown away from Stone’s pile he intended to destroy?

At that very moment, it was a typical day in Canterlot. Adults were heading for work. Children were walking to school, while friends were meeting in parks…

…When suddenly, from out of nowhere, these pages just seemed to drop in before them hitting some of them in the face, while others found them just lying on the ground or caught on bushes or trees and fetched them out.

“Hey, what’s this?”

“Where did this come from?”

“This looks like a story.”

“Maybe someone lost it.”


Back in the palace, everyone gathered around the typewriter, and Stone held the story in his hoof. “Watch carefully…” and he began to read from the page. “Deading Day”

It was the day of the wedding for Spike and Rarity in Las Pegasus…”

The typewriter began to glow again, and everyone suddenly began to fade away, just like before, and Stone stopped reading immediately, which made the glowing stop and everyone fully rematerialized.

“Whoa!” said Rainbow “Talk about a living nightmare.”

“That’s exactly what it is.” said Stone “Now I understand-- the letter that came with this machine warned me to beware of its power.”

“I get it,” said Starlight “It’s not just a dream machine! If someone reads a story that’s written on from it out loud, the story will come to life.”

Everyone stared in astounding awe at the machine.

“Which means,” Twilight cut in “If the guards hadn’t stopped reading,” she paused and clutched her throat “…Then Rarity and I would have been killed just like in the story.”

Rarity gasped softly with wide eyes.

Everyone was trembling with fear, including Stone. He had no idea of all this, as he had never read his finished stories out loud, but rather kept them as they piled up.

“This is incredible.” said Pinkie “We can type up anything we want and then make it really happen…!”

Applejack snapped at her before she got carried away. “Pinkie, this is serious! We have to think it through.”

Twilight agreed, “We’ve got to destroy this machine! It’s too dangerous to exist.”

The royal sisters agreed.

“It won’t work.” said Stone. “You already tried before. The machine can’t be destroyed, which is probably why the inventor hid it away.”

Twilight realized he was right.

Then Rainbow stepped forth, “Then we’ll try smashing it!” and she reached down to grab the machine.

“Rainbow wait…!!” cried Twilight. Too late…! Rainbow already received the same painful shocks she did, which threw her back hard. “Ow!”

Fluttershy came over and helped her up, “Are you alright?”

“Just peachy.” grumbled Rainbow.


“Calm down, everyone.” said Celestia “We need to think this through.”

“Agreed,” said Luna “So far, we know that if the stories are not read out loud, they shall not become real.”

Spike nodded, and realized “Wait…! We have two of the stories ourselves.”

Celestia held up her shark nightmare, and Twilight held up her other nightmare where she got her horn cut off.

“How did you get those?” asked Stone. He suspected immediately that he dropped the horn cutting story when he was last at the palace, but then he realized, “Oh, no…!”

“What is it?” asked Rarity.

Stone explained how he intended to destroy his large stack of nightmares he had written over the past weeks, “…But some of them blew away in the wind!”

Celestia gawked down at her own story and concluded how it slapped onto the bedroom window! “Are you suggestion that more of your pages may have scattered all through the village?!”

Stone’s throat went dry.

Author's Note:

and alternate song Idea I've always had is this one...

Replace "Warehouse" with "Nightmare" and imagine it's Twilight getting pushed around.

Heh-Heh-Heh!!