• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 2,251 Views, 52 Comments

A Due - StarkyShy



Octavia invites you over to your home to practice for your next concert. Can you get it done?

  • ...
5
 52
 2,251

Prologue-Given the Pink Slip

(Note, this portion of the story is written in 3rd person for the sake of story. It shall go into your regularly scheduled 2nd person in the next part.)

It was dark out. Princess Luna had raised the moon long ago. All of Ponyville was asleep. All but one mare in a bakery. She was busy writing by candlelight. She quietly spoke aloud as her quill danced on a scroll, finishing what looked like a love letter.

“...I have loved your music for a long time. Every time I listen to your music, my heart leaps into the air, flying higher than any pegasus could ever soar. I want to meet you in person, but alas, I am too shy. Although my nerves prevent me from talking to you, my heart wants to send you these roses. May we finally meet one day.

Sincerly,

A secret admirer.”

She finished the letter, rolled the scroll up and placed in a box. She places the parcel in the kitchen table, planning to send it off tomorrow. Yawning, but somehow still full of energy, she bounced through the kitchen and up the stairs into her bed to retire for the night, her work done finally complete. Before she fell asleep, she said one thing to herself. “I hope he doesn’t find out...”

Meanwhile, a young stallion silently paced the room downstairs in the same building, he appeared to be talking to himself. “Augh...never eat that much cake at once ever again...Stomach...hurting...” as he slowly stumbled into the kitchen, he sensed something. He searched the entire room, until he came across a box on the table, he looked around to see if anyone was watching, then slowly started to unlock the contents. What he found was something that sent the colt into a state of shock. As he inspected the work, he whispered one single solitary word with intense emotion.

“You thought you could hide this from me, did you? Well, you thought wrong...I could see through your lies, and now what you’ve tried to hide is now mine...Pie...”