• Published 28th Oct 2020
  • 3,776 Views, 29 Comments

Average human gets snuggled by magic horses - TallBrew_CoffeePone



Exactly what the title says. Rated T for hints at abuse

  • ...
9
 29
 3,776

Luna

Author's Note:

Whelp second chapter. Just a warning this has some swearing, and more hints at abuse. As always I appreciate any feed back.

Edit: Fixed some grammar.

Edit 2: More grammar fixes and some other minor edits

Allen grumbled quietly as he woke up. Everything hurt, and he wanted to go back to the dream had last night. It was nice being snuggled, even if it was by an alien horsewoman. He reluctantly rolled over and sat up stretching. He froze as he saw where he was. This wasn’t his bedroom or even his house. The bed he was in was much bigger than his old one, the furniture was fancier, and he was pretty certain his room didn’t have a fireplace or a balcony or an attached bathroom. He got out of bed, the soft rug felt amazing on his feet.

‘Wait,’ he thought. ‘Wasn’t I in the park...?’

It was then he noticed his clothes, mainly he wasn’t wearing any except his boxers. He hurriedly looked around, finding his shirt, shoes, and jeans hanging next to the fireplace on a chair.

“I guess someone found me...brought me to a hotel or something...” Allen feels his clothes, they were dry, even warmed up a bit from being next to the fire. He starts getting dressed as the door to his room opens. In walks a maid pushing a cart with some clean clothes, and some warm food. What really caught his eye was her appearance, she was a horse person like the one from his dream, if it even was a dream at all. She was shorter, around 5’3” if he has to guess, and she didn’t have the wings or horn that the one from last night did. Her fur was a light cream color, contrasted by copper eyes and hair.

The maid notices Allen and smiles. “Oh hello. Nice to see you’re finally awake. It’s almost noon. I’ve got some clean clothes and a bowl of soup for you, courtesy of the princesses.”

Allen just nods, he’s kind of in shock that this is actually happening and completely forgets to speak.

The maid smiles awkwardly. “Well, I’ll just let you get dressed then. Princess Luna should be by soon to check on you.” She sets the clothes and soup on the bedside table and walks out, humming softly.

Allen sits on the bed and tries the soup. It was potato, one of his favorites. The taste brought back a memory he thought he’d forgot. Him as a child laying on the sofa with a cold, watching cartoons, while his mom took care of him. He snaps out of his thoughts when he realizes he’s starting to tear up. Allen blinks the tears away and puts the bowl down, deciding to check out the clothes. He picks up the clothes and holds them up to himself. The outfit was just a simple but high-quality shirt and pants.

Allen changes into the new clothes and is surprised to find they fit pretty well. He’s about to question how they got his sizes, then remembers they had his clothes to measure. Either way, he’s thankful for it.
As he’s looking at himself in the mirror when there’s a knock at the door.

“Come in.” He says, figuring it must be the Princess the maid mentioned.

Allen is surprised when instead of opening the door, the person knocking appears behind him. It’s even more surprising when he turns around and has to look to see her face, being almost six foot tall he’s not used to being the smaller one in the conversation.

The woman standing before was yet another horse person. Standing seven foot tall, sporting an elegant black dress and tiara that contrasted nicely with her dark blue fur. Allen smiles nervously, trying to not be distracted by the woman’s wavy ethereal star filled hair and tail, or her beautiful dark cyan eyes.

The woman smiles down at him. “Hello Allen. I am Princess Luna.”

“How do you know my name?” He asks, really confused now.


“Your wallet.” Luna says. “We wanted to know who you were...just in case. You needn’t worry, your ID was all we touched.”

Allen shrugs. “It’s fine, I didn’t have any cash and I doubt my bank card’s valid here anyway. Where exactly is here anyway?”

“This the Royal Palace of Canterlot, it’s in the heart of Canterlot City the capital of the nation of Equestria. My sister Celestia and I rule over it and it’s citizens as co-monarchs. She rules over the day, raising and lowering the sun, meeting with nobles and foreign dignitaries, handling the more public parts of running a country.” Luna says, “I rule over the night, raising and lowering the moon, making sure the castle is in order for the following day, and patrolling the dreams of Equestria’s citizens to protect them from nightmares.”

Allen blinks in confusion. “Ok, the dream part I can kind of understand. Magic exists here, I get that. But controlling the sun and the moon? Just...how? How does that even work?”

Luna smiles enthusiastically. “Well you see it all starts thousands of years ago during the time when Discord the Lord of Chaos ruled over Equestria. To grossly over simplify he used his “phenomenal cosmic power” to mess with reality, and that resulted in the planet swapping places with the sun, the sun and moon not being able to orbit properly, the weather in many parts of Equestria being thrown into disarray, and all of it requiring constant maintenance and supervision. We tried to get him to fix it after he reformed but being blasted by the Elements of Harmony and getting trapped in stone for several millennia left him...I believe the term he used was “nerfed”. So we’re stuck managing it for the time being. Make sense?”

Allen just nods along. “I think so? I’m still not sure if I’m dreaming or not to be honest with you.” He nervously rubs his arm, the movement jostling his shirt just enough to expose some of his scars.

Luna’s smile quickly fades when she sees them, replaced with a look of worry. Allen notices her looking and quickly covers them up. “Allen...” Luna starts.

“Don’t.” Allen says quietly, cutting her off. “Just...I don’t want to talk about it...”

Luna nods. “I understand, but if the time comes when you do want to talk, I’ll be more than ready to listen.”

Allen sighs. “I know you’re just trying to help, and I don’t want to be rude...but-“

This time it was Allen’s turn to be interrupted. “But how could I know what those scars mean to you?” Luna says, finishing his question.

Allen nods silently.

Luna turns around and uses her magic to part the fur on her back, revealing several long scars on the space in between her wings. She turns back to face him and does the same on her forearms and shoulders, showing more scars. Bite marks, scratch marks, even a well covered up stab wound on her abdomen. “I know more than you might think...”

Allen looks at the scars in silent shock, and is reminded of what happened to him...the hitting, the scratching, the screaming, the threats, the abuse. He can feel himself starting to tear up as his hands start shaking. Allen sees Luna reach out for him and he’s worried she’s angry with him for being weak. He flinches away out of instinct, barely registering that he did it all, only for Luna to gently pull him into a hug. She’s crying too, he can feel her sobbing as she holds him close. He hugs her back and the two stand there for a few moments, a silent understanding forming between them.

Eventually the two separate and stand there looking at each other. Allen takes a deep breath and nods. “Thank you...” he says quietly.

Luna simply nods. “Whenever you need to talk...I’ll be there, and so will Celestia.” Allen is about to protest getting Celestia involved, but Luna stops him. “She helped me...she’ll be more than willing to help you. If you want.”

Allen nods. “Alright...”

Luna gently rubs his shoulder. “C’mon, let’s get you familiarized with the castle. There’s no telling when or even if the portal that brought you here will be open again, so you can consider this your new home for a while.”

Allen smiles and nods. “Alright then, your highness. Lead the way.” He was already liking this place more than Earth.

— — — —

Luna smiled as she and Allen sat in the dinning hall. The two of them had stopped the tour to get something to eat. While they had walked she’d tried to get to know him some more. At first Allen had been quiet but he gradually started to open up. He’d told her a few things about his life back home. He had just turned 21 and was living with his family to save money while he went to school. When she had asked him about hobbies she was pleasantly surprised to find they shared a love of reading. Overall she thought he was a nice young man. She glances over at him, and sees him looking down at the table, seemingly lost in thought.

“Allen? Is everything alright?” She asks and gently nudges him.

Allen nods. “Yeah. I’m just...thinking.”

“What about?” Luna asks, his melancholy tone slightly worrying her.

Allen sighs. “I just don’t really get why you’re being so nice to me? I’m just some guy that showed up in your garden, and you’re letting me stay here, giving me food, and a bed.”

“Because it’s the right thing to do.” Luna says. “You needed our help. Simple as that.”

Luna can see that Allen doesn’t quite believe her, and decides the best way to convince him is just to show him. She’s about to say something else when she sees the sun setting outside. “Oh, my is it that time already? I’m sorry Allen but I have to go.”

Allen shrugs as he stands up. “It’s alright I understand,” he smiles a little. “Thank you.”

Luna smiles back and gives him a quick hug. “You’re welcome. If I have time, and you’re still awake, I’ll stop by later so we can chat, okay?”

Allen nods and heads to his room while Luna heads to a balcony to get a good view while she raises the moon.

— — — —

Allen runs through the seemingly never ending hallway while the sound of footsteps followed him. She was getting closer. He finds a door, a small broom closet, and hides inside it. Clamping his hands over his mouth to muffle himself he holds his breath as he sees a shadow move in front of the door


“Where the fuck are you?!”


Allen lets out a quiet whimper at the distorted sound of her voice. It’s barely audible but it’s enough to give away his hiding spot. The door is ripped open and a shadowy figure is standing in front of him, her red eyes boring into him.

“Found you.” She says and raises the studded belt in her hand.

Allen raises his arms to shield himself, but the blow never lands. A silvery light illuminates the dream, burning the shadowy figure away and replacing the hallway with moonlit field of stars. As everything starts to fade Allen’s pretty sure he can see Princess Luna flying down from the moon.

Allen wakes up with a start, jolting up to a sitting position and visibly shaking. He could feel tears running down his face, and starts to wipe them away as Princess Luna teleports into the room and walks quickly over to his bed and hugs him tightly. He hugs her back and starts crying again, the nightmare still fresh in his mind. Luna sits on the bed with him and pulls him close to her, rubbing his back and letting him cry into her shoulder.

“It’s okay...” Luna says softly. “It’s okay. She can’t hurt you.”

After a few moments, the crying stops and Allen takes a few deep breaths. “Can you stay here with me for a bit?” he asks quietly, to which Luna nods.

The two lay down and Luna pulls Allen on top of her, wrapping her wings around him. Allen turns to lay on his side, with his head resting on her chest. He closes his eyes as Luna starts humming quietly while she rubs his back. While he doesn’t fall asleep right away, Allen does relax. The scent of lavender perfume on Luna’s fur, and the sound of her humming helping to calm him. She uses her magic to pull the blanket over the two of them and gently kisses Allen on the forehead.

“Rest little one. All will be well.” Luna whispers softly in his ear. Allen slowly drifts off to sleep, the final sound he hears being Luna’s humming.