• Published 27th Oct 2020
  • 1,045 Views, 126 Comments

Tale of the Dragon Twins - Ocellus The Changeling



During Season 8 of MLP, a pair of troublesome dragons are also attending the school of friendship.

  • ...
1
 126
 1,045

Field Trip Part 1

Flame and Frost were sitting in the school count yard as Frost placed his claw in the school fountain in boredom while Flame ate a flower. These past few days attention of the School of Friendship is somewhat enjoyable. The only good part about this school is when they met the young six.

Well, they don’t like Sandbar at first, but over time they grew to like him since he is friends with Ocellus and the others and they like his chill and ongoing personality. But overall this school is pretty boring and they wish something good would happen.

“Flame, Frost,” Twilight calls out, getting the twins' attention.

Flames and Frost look up from what they are doing to see Twilight along with the Young Six walk up to them.

“There you two are. I have an assignment for you two,” Twilight said

The twins stare at Twilight in boredom.

“That being?” Flame asks.

“A teamwork field trip. Since you eight are very good friends. I thought it would be great for you eight to go on a field trip together and import your friendship in teamwork,” Twilight said as she looked at the Young Six. “And I think it base for you two out get out and has some fresh air,”

“And are you leading this field trip?” Frost asks.

“No,” Twilight shook her head. “Two of my friends are,”

“And who are they?” Flame asks.

“Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Now come on, I don’t want to keep them waiting,” Twilight said, as she led the twins and the young six to one of the fields.

As they walk Flame and Frost listen to their friends talk about this field trip. Ranging from Ocellus not being on a field trip to Gallus saying that they can get out of class.

“Yak best at field tripping,” Yona said, as she trips herself and fall to the ground

“That's what we're doing! So fun” Silverstream said with excitement as she copied Yona.

Sandbar chuckled a little as he looked at the dragon twins who were listening to their convention.

“So Flame, Frost,” Sandbar said, getting the twin attention.

“Yes,” Frost said, as all of the Young Six look at them.

“Are you guys excited for this field trip that Twilight has planned for us?” Sandbar asks.

“No,” Flame said bluntly, as he sat down next to Silverstream.

“Why?” Ocellus asks, getting a look from the twins. “I mean, why are you guys not excited. I thought doing outdoor activity is your thing,”

“Yes, we enjoy doing outdoor activities, but not with ponies from equestria. No offense Sandbar,” Frost said, looking at the green earth pony.

“None taken,” Sandbar said.

“And we've been on the field with ponies before and it sucks. Those ponies have too much pride,” Flame said

“Like you,” Siverstream said with a grin.

Flame eyes lit up with annoyance and a small hit of anger as he glared at SIlverstream.

“That's it!” Flame shout, as he tracked the laughing hippogriff to the ground as they began to wrestle with one another. Slowly, one by one, each of the young six joined the wrestling match, leaving Frost, who was about to join, but looked at Twilight along with Applejack and Rainbow Dash who stared at them in shock and amusement.

Frost gave a small smile as he joined the wrestles match.

“Wow, the twins really love those six. He didn’t even hurt Silverstream for calling him out,” Rainbow dash said, as she watched the students.

“Well, I think they have a soft spot for them, even Sandbar. I am shock and suspend that they open up to Him. From what Starlight said, Flame and Frost dislike us ponies since their early childhood and,” Applejack pauses for a moment as she whispers to Rainbow Dash and Twilight.

“Did you two see those scars on them?” The farm ponies said, getting a nod from her friends.

“Yeah, most of them are deep and when I see Frost scars it sends me chills,” Rainbow Dash said.

“And the bite mark on one of Flame legs. It look like whatever Flame was fighting nearly took off his leg,” Twilight said, getting a shock look from her friends

Before either of them could say a word, Twilight walked over to the wrestling students. When she got to them, Twilight cleared her throat, getting the Young Six and Dragons Twin attention.

“Ok, fun time over guys. Mrs. No Fun is here,” Flame said, getting a small laugh from his brother and friends and a small glare from Twilight.

“That was a fun time Flame. Hope Yona and friends do it again,” Yona said, getting nods of agreement from her friends.

“Well, if you guys finish having your fun it time for the field trip,” Twilight said, as she motioned Applejack and Rainbow Dash to come forward. “Today, you will be learning the importance of working together,”

Flame raise a claw.

“Yes Flame,”

“We already know how to work together,” Flame said.

“True and this field trip will help to improve your teamwork and a strong friendship,” Twilight said.

“All the preachers all with their lies,” Frost whispered to Flame who nodded in agreement as Twilight stepped aside to let Applejack and Rainbow Dash talk.

Hey, all you want to get out there to learn the apple family way,” Applejack said as Rainbow Dash cuts in

“And this is going to be the Best field trip ever in history with me in charge,” Rainbow bloat.

“With us in charge,” Applejack internship as the two ponies glare at each other

Flame and Frost roll their eyes, knowing this going down badly.

“I had a bad feeling about this,” Flame said.

“About what?” Sandbar asks.

“This field trip and them,” Frost pointed at the two ponies. “Apple and Rainbow Crash may get us all kill,”

Both ponies give the young dragon a glare as Rainbow Dash flies up to him.

“What did you just call me,” Rainbow said with a glare.

“A Rainbow Crash, what else,” Flame grows as the two about to throw down till Twilight stops them.

“Ok, no fighting here and Flame and Frost. Not insult the teachers or else I'm giving you a failing grade,” Twilight said as she looked at her two friends. “So what activities do you two has today?”

“Canoe racing/Cabin building,” Both said, giving each other a confused look.

“No way. We get to do both? ” Silverstream said, excitedly as she lump into the air

“Well, I like Canoeing,” Frost whispered, which Twilight heard as she has a small smile on her face before looking at AJ and RD.

“I bet that's exactly what your teacher has in mind,” Twilight said, as Applejack and Rainbow dash look at each other in confusion.

“You started with shed building first,” Twilight said, as Applejack gave Rainbow Dash a knowing smirk.

“Don’t mind if I do. Follow me every creature,” Applejack said, as every creature besides from Flame Rainbow Dash and Twilight follow Applejack.

“I check in later to see how it's going. Remember to work together,” Twilight said, as Rainbow Dash gave a small groan as she slowly followed the others.

Twilight was about to leave till she noticed Flame who was looking at her with a worried look which surprised her. She never saw Flame like this before.

“Is everything ok Flame?” Twilight asks, as she walks up to him.

Flame stay silences for a moment before saying. “Do they have a rivalry?”

“They do,” Twilight said, “Why do you ask?”

“Well,” Flame paused for a moment before shaking his head. “Never mind, see, ya Twilight,”

Flame walks where the group not noticing a confused Twilight. Before Flame reach the group who were at their shed building area. Flame stops in mid walk as he turns around to see Twilight walking back to the school. Flame stared for a moment or two before having a sudden chill down his spine.

Flame eyes widening from the sudden chill as he charges up his lava element as he stares at the tree line waiting to blast the first thing that moves in the trees. What felt like hours, Flame noticed something move in one of the trees which caused him to blast it causing the tree to fall down. Flame then noticed something that was trapped under the falling tree and from the look of it. The creature seems to be knocked out when the tree lands on it.

So Flame slowly walked up to the falling tree, reading up a mold rock to blast the creature that was trapped under the tree. Before Flame could see or blast the creatures, he was suddenly jumped by creatures as it and Flame began to brawl destroying everything in their path.



Frost felt a sudden chill as he brought down the happen hard on Gallus claw causing the blue griffon to cry in pain.

“Ow!” Gallus yelled in pain getting the attention of his friends, Rainbow Dash and Applejack who gave looks of worry

“Gallus are you ok?” Ocellus asks, as she runs over and checks on the Ocellus

“I'm fine, but ow! Frost!” Gallus said, as he glared at the Ice dragon before noticing a shock on his face, which caused Gallus to give a worried look of his own. Something is wrong with Frost and he wants to know why. “Hey Frost you ok?

Frost snaps out of his shock state as he looks around for his twin brother. Where is Flame?

“Nothing, I just have a small chill that all,” Frost said, as he looks around for Flame

“Wait, you get chills? How?!” Silverstream asks. “I mean you a ice dragon and from what I know that Ice dragon don’t get chill,”

“Not that type of chill. The chill that you know that something is bad is going to happen,” Frost said.

“By the way where Flame?” Sandbar asked, as he and the rest of the young six looked around for the lava dragon.

“Stange, swear that he was with us when we left school,” Smolder said

“Maybe Flame left the field trip,” Yona said, causing Rainbow Dash to laugh

“See AJ, your way of doing things scare Flame off,” Rainbow Dash, whisper, while getting a glare from the farm pony.

“Don’t be pointing hoof at me Rainbow Dash and beside Flame may be talking to Twilight about…”

Suddenly there was an explosion that was so loud that it caused Applejack, Rainbow Dash and the Young Six to cover their ears. The group looked where the explosion was heard to see a mini nuke that looked like a mixer of smoke, ice and lighting which caused Frost eyes to widen in shock and fear. His brother, his other half, his own flesh and blood is in trouble.

“Flame!” Frost shouted as he flew toward the forest.

“Frost! Wait up!” Gallus shouted, as he followed the ice dragon.

One by one each of the Young Six, Rainbow and AppleJack follow the Isle of Armor student through the small forest wondering what is happening. They never see Frost this worry before and whatever happens to Flame is something that they need to hurry and find out before it is too late.

“What's happening,” Smolder asks, the group as she few thought the tree lines.

“I don’t know Smolder but what it is we need to help Frost and Flame since whatever the explosion is caused Frost to be super worried,” Applejack said, as she ran through the forest. She worries that if they didn’t make it in time that Flame and Frost may end up injured or worse.

Before any creature could speak up, there was another explosion as a lightning bolt was shot in their direction, causing the group to stop in their tracks and take cover behind some trees.

“Lighting!”Gallus shouted, as the lightning passed them and struck a tree causing it to fall down.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash and the Young Six stare in shock at the falling tree. Before any creature could say a word, a yellow dragon that looked like he was around Flame and Frost age, crashed into a tree as Flame flew in with a lava ready to punch the lighting dragon who dodges the attack and tackle Flame to the ground and started punching the lava dragons.

The group stares at the two dragons in amazing and fears and before either one of them could move a muscle, a huge blizzard came their way, causing Applejack, Rainbow Dash and the Young Six beside Yona to silver in the coldness.

“C..c..cold” Ocellus commented as she hugged Yona for warmth.

The Blizzard stopped and out came Frost and another dragon that looked like it had the same scale color as Frost but more white and smooth. Frost tackles the dragon to the ground and place a claw on the dragon chest holding it down. The two look at each other as Frost moves his eye to see Flame holding the living dragon by the neck.

“Flame!” Frost shouted, getting the attention of his twin brother as he tossed the dragon that he was holding to Frost. The lightning dragon lands roughly as Frost places his other claw on his crest, growling at the two.

“Whoa,” RD said in amazement as she, Applejack and the Young Six watch as Flame walked over to the two dragons. “Has to say that was awesome,”

“But, why did they attack Flame?” Silverstream asks.

“And do they know each other?” Sandbar asks.

“Not sure, but we won’t be getting any answer from standing here,” Applejack said, as she walked up to the twins and the two unknown dragons. She took it slow because she was not sure if these dragons would attack her or any of the students.

“Howdy,” Applejack said, quietly, as she stopped by Flame and Frost and looked at the two dragons. Now getting a good look at them, AJ notices that the white dragon is a she and looks prettier up close. “So I want to ask, why do you attack Flame and Frost?”

The two dragons stay silent as he glares at the earth pony then back at Frost. Frost gave a small sigh as he looked at Applejack with a bored look.

“Hey teach,” Frost spoke, getting the attention of the Earth pony.

“Yes, Frost,”

“It....fine,” Frost said, slowly as he motioned the other to come. “And you guys don’t have to worry about these two,”

“Why?” Yona raises a bow. “These two attack you two and twin dragons is fine with it,”

“And why did they attack you?” Silverstream asks, causing the Twins dragon to look at each other and back at the group.

“Because…” Flame pause for a moment before smirking. “They are our cousins,”

The look of the Applejack, Rainbow and Young Six was priceless which almost made the four dragon's laugh.

“WHAT!” Every creature yelled in shock.

“Cousin!” Smolder yell, grabbing the lava dragon. “Are you sure you didn’t hit your head on something?!”

“Yes, we sure,” Flame said, as he turned to see Frost and the other two dragons sitting down. “Ain’t I’m right Bolt, Snowy,”

“Agree and we would have beat you if Frost hadn't shown up on time,” Bolt, the yellow dragon, said.

“And that's the most fun we had in days since you guys left,” Snowy said, the white dragon said.

“Bolt, Snowy,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Cousins,” Gallus said, as he sat down on a fallen tree. “Are you guys sure that you didn’t hit your head on something?”

“We sure Gallus beside…”

Before Frost could finish the group heard footsteps behind, causing Flame, Frost, Bolt and Snowy to turn and ready to blast the intruders before noting who it was.

“Oh, it's you,” Frost said, as Twilight ran up to them.

“Applejack, Rainbow Dash! What happened!?” Twilight asks, as she stops in front of the group. “I hears an explosion in this direction and I was worried that you guys are hurt or worse,”

“Well, you see Twilight…” Rainbow Started.

“We met more of Flame and Frost family,” Applejack finished as she pointed to Bolt and Snowy. Who was sitting by their two cousins.

Twilight looked at them as she gave a blank stare at the four dragons.

“Family?”

Author's Note:

Yep, you guys meet more of Flame and Frost Family