• Published 26th Oct 2020
  • 1,011 Views, 3 Comments

now we must rewrite the stars - GRYFFINDOR123456

  • ...
5
 3
 1,011

Why don't we rewrite the stars and start over, Sunset?

Sunset Shimmer was eating lunch with her 6 friends, Soarin, and Flash Sentry. They were talking about their day so far, and obviously, the latest gossip, the romance. It was pretty obvious that Flash really loved Sunset. Sunset herself felt the same way. She didn't reveal it. Everything was going smoothly until someone called out:

"Bitch! Sneak!"

"Anon-a-bitch!" called out Thunderlane

"Anon-a-miss!" shouted Lightning Dust

"Demon!" cried another student.

"Freak!" spat someone else

Sunset Shimmer ran out of the cafeteria, hiding her face behind the curtain of red hair. She tried to suppress a sob. Her friends glanced at each other.

"Sunset!" cried Flash Sentry, running after her. "Wait!"

Flash glared at Thunderlane before rushing out. "How could you say that?" he cried. "Rarity, do you know where Sunny may be?"


The first place he looked was in the girls' bathroom. She wasn't there. Next was the gym. Not one person. The 3rd and final place was the roof of Canterlot High. Flash climbed onto the roof. Sitting hunched up against a wall was Sunset Shimmer. Sunset's amber face was hidden by a mass of red-gold hair. Flash lifted the curtain aside, stroking her pale orange face gently. Flash remembered his favourite movie, the Greatest Showman.

"You know I want you," he sang. "There's not a secret I try to hide.

I know you want me

So don't keep saying our hands are tied.

Flash's blue eyes met her cyan eyes. "Sunset, you mean more to me than anyone else. Yes, you've been horrible. You've been mean. And yes, I won't be able to forget the bad things." Flash gasped as he looked deeper. Sunny, you've been drinking! I can tell."

"Flash, I'm glad you followed me, kind of. But the drink and the drugs won't flush her out. Demon Shimmer. That's from Remains. I've been reading Power and Conflict Poetry recently." Sunset said, with a small smile. "Flash, love isn't as easy as ABC. Remember last time. Flash, the thing is, I do love you. But I'm scared. I'm scared I'm gonna hurt you again. I don't want that to happen.

You think it's easy

You think I don't wanna run to you

But there are mountains

And there are doors that we can't walk through

I'm afraid, Flash. What if our relationship ends up like the first one?"

Flash sat down next to her. "It won't." he said gently "I dated the old you. I want to date the present you, the real you. The sweet you. Come on Sunset, let down your guard. Please, Sunset, don't be so distant. I need to see the real you. You're always studying with Twilight. Anon-a-miss has passed. So has the memory stone. And I want to take you on a date to Equestria Land. So, will you accept?"

"I-I think so." said Sunset. "But if I do anything to you, you can leave me if you want."

"It doesn't matter what the past was like, but who you are now, Sunset." said Flash.

"And that is why I love you. And since we're here, and you've calmed down, you wanna… um… kiss?"

"Um, sure." whispered Sunset.

Flash leaned towards her and cupped his hands around her face. He planted a kiss on her cheeks.

Sunset gave a small sniff. "Thanks, Flash. This meant alot."

Flash smiled. "I know."