• Published 29th Oct 2020
  • 448 Views, 2 Comments

The Nightmare Night Fiasco - Musical_theatre_demon



When the CMCs and Cozy Glow encounter a haunted house near the place where Apple Bloom's parents died, they are in for a treat this Nightmare Night.

  • ...
 2
 448

Chapter 7: In For a Thrill


"This is it!" Apple Bloom said with a quiver in her voice.

Scootaloo glanced at Sweetie Belle, Cozy Glow glanced at both of them smack dab in the middle.

"I'm not going in there," Scootaloo said.

"No way in hay!" Sweetie Belle cried, huddling onto Scootaloo and Cozy Glow as Apple Bloom went on ahead.

As Apple Bloom got closer and closer to the abandoned house, the ground shook below her hooves. "Guys, take cover! I think whoever's here found out we're here!"

They all huddled together, clinging onto Rainbow Dash.

"I'm scared," Scootaloo said.

"Me too," said Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom took a few deep breaths and continued forward.

"Apple Bloom, no! Please don't go any closer!" Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Cozy Glow cried, "You don't know what dangers lie ahead!"

The ground below their hooves shook even more until a big hole was dug around them.

"Alright, I'm gettin' the chills! Let's call this a night!" Apple Bloom screamed and ran as far away as she could from the house. She hid behind Scootaloo, Cozy, and Sweetie Belle.

"Do something, Rainbow Dash! You're so much braver than the four of us!" Scootaloo cried with tears in her eyes.

Rainbow Dash began to fly towards the house, but was stopped abruptly when she was grabbed by a creepy hoof. "H-holy shit! Le-lemme go!"

Scootaloo tried to fly after Rainbow Dash, but she kept getting scratches from falling on the ground. Soon enough the hole was restored and Scootaloo fell in.

"Scootaloo!" the other CMCs cried. They canter to Scootaloo, but get grabbed as well.

Cozy Glow was the only one left and boy was she scared. But what choice did she have? She had to try and save her friends at any cost. "Let my friends go!" she shouted.

The ghost ponies floated towards Cozy Glow. Cozy shrieked in fear, spreading her wings and tried to fly away from their grasp.

"J-just wh-who are you and why do you want me and my friends?" Cozy Glow trembled, "Sh-show yourself!"

Out from the shadows from the inside of the house came silhouettes of two innocent ponies. "You intruded on secret territory and now your friends are ours to do as we please!"

"No!" Cozy Glow said with tears in her eyes and a terrified look on her face. Cozy Glow then knew what she had to do. "Sorry if this is a little rude, but get outta my way!" She flew as fast as she could to the entrance doorway, which slowly and creepily creaked open to reveal Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Rainbow Dash sitting by the fire. But before she could enter the mysterious house, the two ponies blocked it.

"Who are you?" Cozy Glow said again.

The two ponies smiled as they led Cozy Glow inside.

"What're you gonna do with me?" Cozy Glow said.

"Nothing," said the male ghost pony, who was revealed to be Bright Mac.

"Oh, it's so fun to scare young fillies when you're dead!" It was Pear Butter. "Trick-or-treat, sugarcubes!"

Apple Bloom looked up to see them. Of course! This was where her parents grew up!

"Mom, Dad, I can't believe it!" Apple Bloom said, "I knew it was you but nopony believed me when I saw you at school!"

The ghost of Pear Butter floated closer to get a good look at her daughter. "Apple Bloom, is that you?"

"I'm sorry we didn't live to see you grow up, kiddo," the ghost of Bright Mac said.

Apple Bloom's eyes welled up with tears with how excited she was to see them again. "If only Applejack and Big Mac were here to finally see you again."

Pear Butter attempted to touch Apple Bloom's face, but being a ghost, her hoof went right through the living. "They never believed in ghosts, sugarcube."

"I doubted 'em at first too, Mom and Dad! Really, I did!" Apple Bloom said.

Bright Mac and Pear Butter smiled at each other.

"If it's not too much, may I ask you why I saw you at school today?" Apple Bloom asked, "I was both scared and excited at the same time! Uh, Mom, what's the word?"

Pear Butter smiled at Apple Bloom. "I think you're damn near lookin' for a silly word, sugarcube," she said endearingly.

"That's a question for me then, Apple Bloom," Bright Mac said, "All I've got is scarcited!"

"That's it!" Apple Bloom exclaimed, "Of course! That's the word!"

"Excuse me, Apple Bloom's mom, what exactly were you doing today at school?" Cozy Glow said.

"My, you have impressive manners, my dear," Bright Mac said.

"Shut the hell up, you!" Pear Butter said teasingly, nudging him. She turned to Cozy Glow. "We have a connection to Cheerilee's Schoolhouse," she said.

"What sorta connection, Mom?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Hush up and listen, sugarcube," Pear Butter said. She put a hoof to Apple Bloom's muzzle. "Believe it or not, your sister attended Cheerilee's school when she was about your age. We promised that we would never let anypony hurt her, but we still had to hide the best we could during parent-teacher conferences," Pear Butter said, "There was always a chance that we'd be frowned upon between the Apples and the Pears just like we were as foals. Oh, I remember just how much we got into trouble just for love when we were younger, so we moved here. But we've been watching over Applejack ever since. "

"Why does this place look like a freaking ghost town?" Scootaloo asked.

"You can't say that!" Rainbow Dash whisper-shouted, nudging her.

"Oh, it's OK," Pear Butter said, flashing a smile, "We're dead, you don't need to worry about our feelings!"

"Don't say that, Mom. You always need to consider the feelings of other ponies!" Apple Bloom said.

Pear Butter smiled warmly at her daughter. "You've grown into quite the young lady, sugarcube."

Apple Bloom turned red with embarrassment. "No, I ain't."

"Somepony needs to learn honesty from her sister," Bright Mac said.

"I know my good amount of honesty, Dad," Apple Bloom said.

"If you say so," Bright Mac replied.

"Now on to your question, sugarcube," Pear Butter said, "What's your name?"

Scootaloo wanted to look good in front of Apple Bloom's parents since this was her first time meeting them, even if she was talking to ghosts. They were still her parents and she wanted to make a good impression. But she didn't know whether or not to play it cool since they seemed so laid back.
She finally made her decision. "Hi, I'm Scootaloo." But then she couldn't help it anymore. She squealed. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! This is so cool! I'm talking to actual ghosts!"

"Well, this was once a beautiful hideout where the both of us could live freely from the rest of our quarreling families," Pear Butter explained, "They just don't know love can't be stopped even if you're families hate each other." She sighed. "So we made this place our little farm and then we got married. Then we decided that we didn't wanna stay hidden from Equestria because we were ponies in love too, so we moved to Sweet Apple Acres and had your brother."

"Big Mac," Apple Bloom said.

"Yep," Bright Mac said, "He was the cutest foal though he would deny it now." He laughed.

"But you, Apple Bloom, were the cutest little apple o' the bunch," Pear Butter said, "But after we had Big Macintosh, we settled down for about a year or so before we thought about having ourselves another foal. Your Granny Smith tried to kick me out as always, but I perserved and had Applejack."

"I knew that Applejack was younger than Big Mac, but I didn't know how many years apart they are!" Apple Bloom exclaimed, "What about me?"

"Our forbidden love didn't last very long, sadly. So, after we had you, the both of us ran away back to the house where it all began, hoping that they would never find us," Pear Butter said.

"Applejack said you died right after you had me," Apple Bloom sniffed.

"Now, now, sugarcube. Wipe your teary eyes," Pear Butter said, floating over to the tissue box and grabbed her daughter a tissue.

Apple Bloom grabbed the tissue. "Thanks, Mom," she said, "I really wish I could hug you."

"Me too, sugarcube," Pear Butter said, "Me too."

"May I ask how you two died?" Apple Bloom asked.

"It's getting late, sugarcube. You and your friends can go upstairs to the bedrooms if you like and we'll talk about it in the morning," Pear Butter said.

So Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Cozy Glow, and Rainbow Dash trotted up the stairs, where they were met with three rooms. All three bedrooms seemed to have creaky floorboards and damaged doors, but surprisingly there were still no signs of danger. In fact, the first room was decorated with a bunk bed and a couch that could be pulled out to become a bed. The second bedroom included two beds, whereas the third contained only one bed.

"This certainly has been a weird night," Rainbow Dash remarked, "Which room do you want?"

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo ran to the first room. Same with Cozy Glow. That left only two rooms for Rainbow Dash to choose from: the middle room with two beds or the far right room with only one bed. She wanted to be close to the fillies just in case they had nightmares, so she chose the second bedroom, and fell fast asleep. And so did the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Cozy Glow.