• Published 29th Oct 2020
  • 443 Views, 2 Comments

The Nightmare Night Fiasco - Musical_theatre_demon



When the CMCs and Cozy Glow encounter a haunted house near the place where Apple Bloom's parents died, they are in for a treat this Nightmare Night.

  • ...
 2
 443

Chapter 5: Arriving at the Cloudiminium

Author's Note:

This chapter kind of plays on the official information Lauren Faust put out that Scootaloo is handicapped and will never fly.

* * *

“Thanks for suggesting this, Scootaloo, " Apple Bloom said, "I think that one of Rainbow Dash's ghost stories is sure to help me figure out why I was visited by the ghosts of my parents!"

"Yeah, we're sorry for turning you down before," said Sweetie Belle, "Some friends we are."

"No, it's OK. I know you didn't want to come and I couldn't force you to," Scootaloo said.

Cozy Glow turned to Apple Bloom. "Do you think Rainbow Dash will know what the mystery is with your parents?"

"It's worth a try!" Apple Bloom chirped, "Hell, she's the best dang ghost story teller I've ever known!"

"I think in Equestria even," Scootaloo added.

"But what are we waiting for?" Cozy Glow said, "Let's go! We don't wanna be late!"

So Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Cozy Glow ran as fast as they could until they reached the Cloudiminium.

Rainbow Dash peeked out the window and saw them. She excitedly flew to the door and opened it. "Hey, guys! What brings your friends here tonight, Scootaloo?"

"They finally came around to staying the night. And what better night to tell ghost stories than Nightmare Night!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"That it is," Rainbow Dash replied, "Well, you fillies have fun." She briefly paused to catch her thoughts. "Wait, it's Nightmare Night. Aren't you gonna be late for trick-or-treating?"

"There's no trick-or-treating this year," Sweetie Belle lied.

"Then how come I see fillies and colts around Ponyville gathering candy?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Sweetie Belle turned red with embarrassment while the other three flashed a nervous smile.

"Maybe you could take us," Cozy Glow suggested.

"Sure I will!" she said, "Uh, did you guys even bring your costumes?"

"It's in my room," Scootaloo said, "I'll go grab it." So she tried to flutter her way to her room, but couldn't stop collapsing.

Rainbow Dash zoomed over to help her. "Just a sec, girls!" She caught Scootaloo in her wings. "Scootaloo, I know how damn bad you wanna fly and I don't want you to stop trying, but are you ready for the truth?"

Scootaloo sniffed. "I'm bracing myself any minute now," she said.

"Take your time," Rainbow Dash said with an affectionate smile.

A moment passed.

"OK, I'm ready." Scootaloo said.

"Scootaloo, you know I encourage you to keep trying 'cause I love you. I hate to break it to you, Scoots, but there will never be a day where you'll fly like me or be in the Wonderbolts."

"So, you're saying I'll never fly?" Scootaloo said.

"Don't take it too seriously, kid. I wanted to tell you that earlier, but I was afraid of how you would react," Rainbow Dash.

"Now knowing that I'll never fly is a bust, but that just makes me wanna try even harder!" Scootaloo said with a smile, "And you'll still catch me when I fall, right?"

"Damn straight," Rainbow Dash said, smiling at Scootaloo. "Just take it easy going to get your costume, alright."

Scootaloo nodded. "Sure thing, Rainbow Dash!"

So she ran to grab her costume and put it on. "Come, guys! I brought yours too!" Scootaloo said.

"I'm good," Apple Bloom said, "I'll search the house for any traces my parents left behind."

"Is something troubling you, Apple Bloom?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Apple Bloom sighed. "At school, I saw the ghosts of my parents. Applejack said they died right after they gave birth to me," she said, "So it was strange seeing them again. What were they doing at school? Were they looking for me? I thought you of all ponies would know about paranormal encounters."

"That's strange," Rainbow Dash said, "I'll see if Applejack noticed anything odd too."

"Thank you, Rainbow Dash," Apple Bloom said, "Maybe she'll know. But for now, I'll go with Sweetie Belle and Cozy Glow to get dressed for trick-or-treating."

"Sure thing," Rainbow Dash said. She pulled out her cell phone and texted Applejack.

Soon enough, Applejack replied and said that she did see some weird shadows the other night appearing to be Pear Butter and Bright Mac. But the reply also showed that she denied it and swore that the images were nothing and that ghosts don't exist.

"Ghosts exist too!" Rainbow Dash said.

The CMCs and Cozy Glow emerged in their costumes, ready to go.

Rainbow Dash looked over at them, flying over and giving them their pumpkin buckets. "You ready to go?"

"Yep!" all four said in unison.

"Alright then," Rainbow Dash, "Let's get this son of a bitch started!"

Cozy Glow looked at the CMCs. "Does she always swear?"

"Pretty much," Scootaloo replied, "But who cares when she's the coolest pony in Equestria?"

"Yeah, I guess so," said Cozy.

So they were off to go trick-or-treating.