• Published 27th Oct 2020
  • 6,013 Views, 261 Comments

Against All Odds. - The_Chill_Author



[Displaced] John Oliver is sent to Equestria with his Six friends as Thanos. After being sealed in stone, he broke out. Now his gauntlet, his stones, his blade, and his team are now scattered across the planet. Can he back bring balance to Equis?

  • ...
42
 261
 6,013

PreviousChapters Next
Rescue 1: A Grievous Break Out.

Find the Infinity Stones! Seek out for them all!
You can journey around Equis with me
Listen for the cry, of the Infinity Stones!
What a great odyssey this will be

You can join my conquest because my friends won't wait
A deadly world, a terrifying journey!

For thousands of years, they've waited for me
When the Infinity Stones are together their wrath is set free
Killing, Killing, burning, unmatched ecstacy~

Glowing and sparkling, somewhere concealed
Mysterious and shining with their power revealed
Ageless, timeless, their destruction is surprising~

Let’s fight, fight, fight, fight all your foes
Fight the gods and the demons below
No mercy, mercy, mercy, there's no other way!
And find the Infinity Stones today~

Find the Infinity Stones! Seek out for them all!
Come and join my conquest with me
Listen for the cry, of the Infinity Stones!
What a great odyssey this will be

You can join my conquest because my friends won't wait
A deadly world, a terrifying journey!


1,695 years ago.

Thomas POV

I ran as fast as I could, there were 1000 men behind me, magic bolts shot across the sky and crashed into a tree. I fled to the Everfree Forest dodging magic like a dodge the haters. I look behind me, they were closer! I ran into a clearing full of grass where trees had not yet grown. I prepared my elemental swords, they ran at me and shot their magic and threw their spears. I prepared my Fire Swords as I slash, a huge horizontal fiery flash came at the ponies, the slash dispersed the magic bolts and turned the spears to ash, the impact on the ponies was something else. The ponies roared in pain, I raised my Earth sword high and slammed it on the ground making the earth burst from beneath them. They hit the ground, I turned around and ran for it, a magic bolt hit my ankle and I fell down. I got up and the troops surrounded me.

"Give up General, you are completely surrounded, lay your weapons down and stop this." Captain Black Shield said he was the Captain of the Royal Guard back then. I laughed, preparing my swords.

"Never, for I have yet begun to fight." They rained fire on me, I deflect the magic bolts. As they rapidly shot their magic at me, I held up for a while but after I started to get hit, first they got my right leg I fell on my knee but I continue to deflect the oncoming attacks. My extra arms came out and grabbed the water and air swords, but they were shot out of my hands by magic, I snarled in pain. I held my hand and that was all they needed to dominate me. I was on the ground, smoking and burnt, I couldn't move, two guards held me up and turned me to Black Shield.

"I didn't want it to end this way, trust me I didn't but you left me with no other option. Take him to Tartarus." He turned around and collected my swords. I said nothing as I was dragged away.


Present Time

I sat in the darkest corner of my cage. The cage was hanging from the ceiling and close to the ground, my cape was ripped and I was covered in battle scars. I heard a dog yelp and I snapped my head to the entrance, Thanos was riding Cerberus like a bull.

"Let's go free some villains!" Thanos laughed as he rode Cerberus towards the cages. Guards ran at them, he made Cerberus stomp on those fools.

"Hey, Thanos! Over here!" He turned his head to me and I waved. He smiled.

"There you are, how about I do this?" Thanos grabbed a sword from a guard who was now dead on the ground from being stomped on by Cerberus. He threw the sword at the cage chain and the cage fell from the ceiling and hit the floor. The bars were now far enough I can slip out of it. I leaped and landed on Cerberus.

"What took you so long?" I asked jokingly, he smirked.

"I had to tend to my farm, anyways where are the others?" Thanos asked as he made Cerberus stomp on oncoming guards.

"They're in different prisons, Sally is in an Abyssinia prison," I said as he pulled Cerberus around and headed towards the door.

"Grievous I have a favor to ask you, can you get my gauntlet and infinity blade for me? I promise I will repay the favor." Thanos said as he knocks out the heads of Cerberus. We jump off of him and run, I thought about it for a second.

"Okay, I will, but we need to do this before news reaches out to Canterlot we broke out." I tore the last of the cape off of me.

"I will meet you in the Mirror Pool." Thanos headed off, I saw Canterlot and ran towards it, we part ways. Getting the items back is going to suck.


I climbed up Mt. Canter, the stars lit up the night sky. I was a few meters below the Canterlot Palace. My claws dug into the mountain, I was almost up so I start to kick into maximum overdrive and I shot up, I saw a guard who was patrolling the area. I landed in a bush and hid in it.

"That was close..." I said aloud, I quickly covered my mouth.

"Who said that? Reveal yourself." He turned around, he looked to his left, to his right, no one was there. I sneaked up behind him and grinned, I took him out Batman: Arkham Knight style and bashed his head in. I scaled the Palace and with the power of sneakiness, I put out one metal finger, made a perfect circle, kicked it down without the glass breaking, and went inside. I was a thief way back when so I knew how to do this. I looked to my left, then my right, nopony was there.

I snuck past the guards as fast as possible, I started to look for the archives. I crawled on the ceiling looking for the archives, I then saw Celestia's room which gave me an idea, I let out a little evil laugh.

"What was that?" A guard guarding Princess Celestia's door searched for the laugh, the guards next to him turned towards him.

"Probably you going insane." He joked, the other guard deadpanned and turned towards him.

"Ha, ha, real funny, now let's stop talking before we wake her up. A princess does need her beauty sleep." The guards stood silent, while they were facing each other with Ultra Instinct super mega neo awesome moves I managed to slip past them. I was in her room, she was on her bed sound asleep, I got some ink and poured it on her subtly and got the heck out of there. If you want to know I poured it on her boobs, anywho I snuck past the guards again by throwing a piece of jewelry in another room by opening a little crack between the door. To my surprise, they both decided to check it out and I managed to sneak past them. Back on the ceiling, I searched for the archives and found it, it was far down a hallway with four guards guarding it. I mentally sighed in frustration, I dropped in front of them, and before they could even make a peep I easily dispatched them, snapping their necks and stabbing them with their own spears. I opened the door, blood on my cybernetic body, I looked at the water sword, gauntlet, and infinity blade all in one area.

"This is really easy, now I just gotta take these and-" As I took them an alarm went off or whatever of the sort, there was a loud noise, every single guard went into the archives, I put the water sword in the gauntlet, using my extra arms to carry the gauntlet I held the infinity blade and burst through the ceiling like a volcano. I ran as fast as my robotic leg could carry them and before I knew it they were raining fire on me like all those years ago. Zig-zagging is a good way to avoid things because it sure as heck worked for the guards who weren't even landing a hit. I then saw a white Alicorn and a dark Alicorn after me.

"Grievous! Get back here you fiend!" Celestia prepared her sword as Luna prepares her scythe that looked like the crescent moon. I did not want to fight Celestia AND Luna at the same time, not yet at least. I saw the train going to take off, I was running at full speed trying to hitch a ride. But the train moved on, I cursed mentally at myself I was too slow. We were now at the edge of Canterlot I was backed against the edge, I spun the infinity blade as fast as I could. I took one step back and a rock fell off the side, it was a long drop, I could survive it but I don't want to lose the things that I stole.

"Give up, tell us where Thanos is and we'll reform you." Celestia stepped forward, reform? Hah! Don't make me laugh, it's too late for me.

"It's too late for me sunbutt, I am too... How do you say it nowadays? Bloodthirsty. We call it bloodhungry but welp, things change." I said turning the infinity blade faster and faster.

"Things do indeed change, we changed our ways, I know it was Thanos' idea to bring the almost complete genocide of the beings of Equis. So please, work with us and we will beat Thanos." Celestia stepped forth yet again, the guard advanced.

"Heh, nice speech but no, yeet!" I jumped off the cliff and they gasped, they paused for a moment believing that I would choose death rather than serve them. Suddenly I came back up, spinning the infinity blade like a helicopter blade, I was a helicopter and I flew away. They were in too much shock to shoot me down. Luna turned towards Celestia.

"Is that ink?" She pointed to Celestia's breasts, Celestia blushed wildly and looked at it, you could see the anger on her face.

"GRIEVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!"

I laughed as I landed into the Everfree Forest.


I walked down the mirror pool, Thanos was sitting down waiting, he got up and smiled at me. I threw his gauntlet and his infinity blade at him, he caught his blade and his gauntlet still smiling.

"You have no idea how hard it was to get this, the whole kingdom now knows where we are," I said through my teeth though I did not have any which surprised me.

"Did you spill the ink on Celestia's boobs?" He asked with a chuckle, if I had a mouth I would've smiled.

"Heck yeah! For your information, Lucci is in the Minos, Rapunzel is underwater in the... In the uh... What do you call it? The uh... The half griffon half sea thingy kingdom! And Entity 303 is in the Griffin capital, Supergirl is in the Dragon Lands, and you already know where Sally is, but that begs the question. Who do we go for next?" I asked him, Thanos stood up and got his gauntlet on and put his blade in his sheath.

"I suppose we could get Lucci, after all we are bros." Thanos said, I nodded and I clenched my Water Sword.

"Lucci was your man wasn't he?" I turned towards him, he nodded, I got up and we walked up the steps, we reached the top and got out of the Mirror Pool area. We stood under the blessed moonlight, shining down upon us, seemingly glaring at us.

"Minos is a few weeks away, so we'll need a boat." Thanos said, I nodded, and again, if I had a mouth I would be grinning.

"I know exactly where to get a boat."


We arrived at Baltimare after a LONG ride, and the whole time we were getting looks, but thankfully we had dark robes on, we were also singing there, kinda like this.

"It's a long, long, way to Maltimare.
But when we get there we're gonna go and get some wares.
We're gonna rescue our friend
From an eternal prison that angers us to no end

This will a be very exciting adventure
But when we enter
We will remember
What our friend done to us

When we all unite
We will stand and fight
We'll stand up side by side
Nothing will beat us, not even the tides

They are not gonna be the winning side
The evil that we will vanquish will free Equestria
From the imbalance that will engulf the world

This will be a fun
Mysterious
Epic
Adventure!

That could be a theme song for a show, but now we're in Baltimare, it's still dark out, a few hours until sunrise, we walked forth cautiously, looking around for a certain shop by the port, as we searched for it, we bumped into someone. We looked down at the one we bumped into it was a stallion, the stallion looked up at us, angry.

"Hey watch where you're go...ing..." He saw how we were built, and he froze.

"I apologize, please excuse us." Thanos said before we walked around him, he was shivering at the sight of us. Though we were concealed, not our eyes. The stallion ran away, he ran to some guards nearby and he spoke with them.

"Those two right?" We heard the guards say, Thanos and I sighed. "Alright hold on." We bolted down the nearest alleyway.

"WE HAVE A RUNNER!!!!!!!" We hear them say I turn towards Thanos.

"Go and stall them, I'll search for "him" alright?" I ask him, Thanos nodded.

"Alright, go." I run off.


Thanos POV

I run down another alleyway and the two guards run after me, I ran up the walls beside me and I got up the roof, I hear them scrambling and getting up.

"Halt! Halt! We just wanna talk!" That's straight up bullshit and you know it, I ran from rooftop to roof top, they were hot on my trail but only because I allowed them to. I jumped down and I hit the plaza, spider-web cracks appearing when I land, they jump down, staggering in the process but following me anyways. Ponies were running away, panicking, guards nearby followed me as well, I groaned and I jump onto the roof tops again, trying to run away from them but not too far. They shot a magic bolt at me, I evaded.

"He evaded the numbing spell!" A guard cried, out, thanks for telling me what it was, jackass. I hate suppressing my strength.

"Stop! Stop! Stop for the love of Faust!" I hear one of them say and I stop immediately, I turn around and faced the guards, they were out of breath already and I haven't even begin getting serious.

"Thank Faust you stopped, why were you running?" A guard spoke, "Oh and by the way, the name's Fire Shine."

"Why was I running? Uh... I forgot, short memory." It was true but I didn't have that short of a memory.

"Oh, well some stallion said you guys looked scary, and told us to deal with you. Can you take off you cloak?" Fire Shine asked me, I looked at him blankly.

"No." I told him, he raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?"

"I don't want to."

"Why don't you want to?"

"I don't feel like it."

"Why don't you feel like it?"

"Tired."

"Why not go to sleep?"

"Because I don't want to."

"Where's your home?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know where your home is?"

"Yup."

"Anyways, we're straying from the point, take your cloak off."

"No."

"At least take off the hoodie."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Don't feel like it."

"..."

"..."

"Are you bald?"

"What kind of question is that?!"

"You refuse to take your mysterious cloak off or your hoodie, so you must be bald."

"That's false."

"Not it's not."

"It is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not"

"is."

"Not."

"Uh Fire Shine, I think we should leave him alone, plus, who are you to say he's bald?"

"Thank you!"

"Be quiet the men are talking."

"Did you just assume my gender?"

"I-I uh..."

"WOOOWWW Fire Shine, wow, how did you make it to the Guard?"

"U-uh... I mean you have a manly voice.:

"That's kinda gay."

"I-What?" The exchange went on for a few minutes, but it felt like an hour.


Grievous POV

I've been searching for this place for a whole hour, finally finding it, I opened the door and found an old stallion with a fisherman hat behind a counter.

"Mr. Miyagi, remember me?" I pulled over hoodie, the old stallion looked at me.

"Oh, my grandfather told me about you, the boat is ready." Mr. Miyagi said with a smile.

"Alright, I'll go get my friend." I bolt out of the building.

"So it's finally begun." Mr. Miyagi rocked back and forth in his chair.


"Why are you purple?" Fire Shine raised an eyebrow.

"Why do you have a horn?" I countered.

"Because I was born this way." He said while taking sip of the coffee a guard brought for us, I had coffee as well.

"Exactly." I said pointing at him.

"Anyways are you a minotaur?" He asked me, I frown.

"Did you just assume my race?" I asked him, he was caught off guard, meanwhile a Pegasi by the name of Aqua Rose, laughed.

"Did you just assume a part of his being, again?!" Aqua Rose laughed, Fire Shine chuckled nervously.

"THANOSWEHAVEASHIPLETSGO!!!!" Grievous ran and grabbed me and ran away.

"Bye, I'm going to Minos!" I waved farewell to them, they waved goodbye to me.

"...He was nice."

PreviousChapters Next