• Published 23rd Oct 2020
  • 1,323 Views, 57 Comments

Duel Monsters Are Magic GX - snivygamer97



The Main 6 and Spike go to the human world of Duel Monsters to help save their world.

  • ...
3
 57
 1,323

Five Part Fusion! VWXYZ!

“This is escort helicopter 2260 Eagle. We’ll rendezvous with you in three minutes,” One soldier said.

“Roger, Eagle. We have our destination in visual range. 8030 will be making landfall,” Another soldier said.

“All ships, be on maximum alert. No matter what it takes, we will protect our cargo! Prepare to make landfall!” A third soldier holding a Duel Academy briefcase yelled out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I beg you… God of duels, please let my grades on today’s first of the month test get me promoted from Slifer Red to Ra Yellow! Let it be a true “Monster Reborn”! I beg you, please save this humble Syrus from the graveyard…,” Syrus prayed only to be scared by a sudden noise. After a moment, he realized it came from the alarm clock. “Oh, the alarm clock… But big bro Jaden doesn’t seem worried. He didn’t study at all, and he’s fast asleep.” Syrus then placed a hand on Jaden’s shoulder. “Bro! You’re gonna be late to the test! Bro!”

Suddenly, Jaden moved in his sleep and knocked back Syrus. “It’s my turn!”

“End your turn already! We’re gonna be late to the test!” Syrus called out as he got back up.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was just starting to wake up from Syrus’s talking. “Is it morning already?”

“Yes, and we need to get up and moving! The tests for getting into Ra Yellow are going to start soon! I’ve heard from Blair that we should consider other Slifer Red’s our enemies for the test, but I can’t just leave you guys to be late and fail! I’d be a terrible little brother if that was the case!” Syrus explained.

“Well, thanks. But you don’t have to worry about us. Remember, we defeated Dr. Crowler. We can beat whoever we have to challenge with ease!” Rainbow Dash boasted.

“But still… Try and wake up Jaden! I need to get going!” At this, Syrus began to run off for the written exam.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Meanwhile in Applejack and Spike’s dorm room. Applejack was all ready to go while Spike and Blair were still getting ready.

“Come on, Spike! If we don’t hurry up we could be late! Remember, these exams could effect where we stand in this place. If you want to get better placement you need to get ready,” Blair, who was still in his pajamas, tried to coax Spike to hurry up.

“He has a point, sugarcube. If we’re gonna have a chance at advancing through the ranks, we need to get there on time,” Applejack said.

“Hey! Don’t blame me! Remember, not everyone gets up when the sun first comes up, you know!” Spike complained as he finished getting dressed and went to get everything in his backpack. “Besides, no offense Blair, but you shouldn’t really complain when you’re not even dressed yet.”

“Hey! I just don’t want other people to see me that way! Just get going and I’ll be dressed in no time!” Blair said. “Suddenly, Blair’s PDA gave a message saying that the group should head to class right now. “Oh, look at the time! You guys better get going!” Blair yelled out.

“B-But I don’t-,” Spike was interrupted as Blair pushed him out the door.

“Well? Aren’t you going too, Applejack?” Blair asked.

“Sure thing?” Applejack awkwardly responded as she left the dorm room.

Outside, Applejack noticed Spike fuming at being forced out the door.

“Uh, are you alright, sugarcube?” Applejack asked Spike.

“I’m fine. Sorry. It’s just that living with Blair has been a massive chore to do. I understand that everyone needs their space, but he really takes it to the next level,” Spike explained his thoughts.

“Don’t get me wrong. Blair can be a mite stubborn, but he likely has his reasons for it. We just need to be respectful,” Applejack said.

“You’re right. We better get going to class. Say, I forgot to grab a pencil before Blair kicked me out. Can you please go and get it for me?” Spike asked.

“Um, sure I guess. Just get to class, Spike.”

“Okay, thanks!”

Applejack then returned to the dorm room and was about to knock on the door when she heard a loud noise come from the room. While she didn’t want to take a risk of Blair being indecent, she also didn’t want her friend and roommate to be hurt. So, she quickly opened the door only to see that Blair was fully clothed and okay. However, one thing that she did notice was that Blair wasn’t wearing a hat, and that Blair’s hair was very long. Blair wasn’t a he. He was a she. Quickly, before Blair could notice her, Applejack closed the door and left, forgetting to do what she was sent to do in the first place as the thoughts of her roommate’s real gender clouding her mind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“That’s right. This is a duelist battlefield. It’s beat or be beaten. I need to become a hard-boiled duelist!” Syrus thought to himself as he ran to the main building only to slip and fall.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually, Rainbow Dash was able to wake up Jaden and ran for class. However, just when Jaden was up and ready, he realized that he was late.

“I’m late! I’m late! I’m late!” Jaden yelled as he ran down the dirt road for class. As he ran, he noticed a woman trying to push her broken down truck with trouble. Jaden screeched to a halt as he saw the woman and reluctantly decided to do the right thing and help her. “I’m such a sucker for things like this!” Jaden ran to help push the truck. “I’ll help you, ma’am.”

“No, you’ll be late… Don’t you have a test today?” The woman asked in concern.

“Who cares if I’m late? I couldn’t leave a lady in trouble!”

“Young man…”

“I’ll work it out somehow. Leave this to me.”

“I’m so sorry…”

“Come on, I’d know you’d do the same for me,” Jaden responded.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Bro… Bro… I’m sorry, Bro…” Syrus apologized in his sleep.

“Never. I’ll never forgive you!” Jaden joked as he woke up Syrus. “Come on, don’t waste all that studying by sleeping through the test! By the way, how is Rainbow Dash?” After a moment, he noticed that she was also asleep. “Hey Rainbow, Wake up!” At this, the girl woke up drowsily.

“Is the test over yet?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Shut up, Slifer Red! Give us some quiet! If you aren’t taking the test, get out!” Chazz Princeton yelled.

“Give me a break… I came all the way here. I’m not going home now!” Jaden countered.

“Yeah, Chazz! Why don’t you pick on someone your own size!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Jaden Yuki… Come get your question sheet already,” Professor Banner called. “There isn’t much time left.”

“H-He takes it so lightly. Thirty minutes late… Doesn’t he care about the written exam at all?” Alexis thought to herself.
“You’ve got so much talent. Why don’t you take things more seriously, Jaden Yuki?” Bastion thought.
“How could someone like him have beaten Dr. Crowler,” A Slifer Red student thought.
“Why?” Wondered Alexis.

The Mane 6 each took on the test in different ways. Twilight had already finished her exam and was currently reading a book from her dimension about magic. Spike, who had helped Twilight study, was just finishing up on his exam as he had the answers with ease. Rarity and Fluttershy had decided to skip some of the harder questions and return to them later. Pinkie Pie had strangely remembered all the answers and was just playing around in her hair as she answered the questions.

As for Applejack, she couldn’t care less about the test in front of her, as the mystery of Blair’s gender hiding was filling up her head. She was thinking through the possible reasons as to why Blair was hiding her true gender. While she was certain that Blair likely had no ill intentions, she couldn’t get over the fact that Blair had been lying to her, Spike, and the rest of the school. She decided that after class she would talk with Blair about what she was doing.

Eventually, in spite of their best efforts, Jaden, Rainbow, and Syrus fell asleep. Watching this, however, was Dr. Crowler. “As expected, he self-destructs on the written test. All that remains is the practical test. I cannot wait.”

After some time, the written test ended. “The written test is now over. The practical exam will take place at 2 PM, in the gym,” Professor Banner announced. After the announcement, mostly every student ran for the card shop in order to get their hands on the rare cards.

“Let’s hurry!” Chazz’s blue haired friend said.

“We’ve gotta be fast!” The brown haired friend reminded Chazz.

“I know,” Chazz responded.

“Hey, wake up, you three!” Bastion said as he shook the trio, waking them up. “The test already ended!”

“Bastion’s right. You three need to get up, now!” Twilight Sparkle said.

“I’m done for! What was the point of all that studying?” Syrus cried.

“Don’t sweat it. The real test is the practical in the afternoon,” Jaden tried to calm down Syrus.

“Jaden’s right! So long as we win our duel, we should be fine!” Rainbow also reassured.

“Huh? Where’d everyone go?” Syrus asked upon seeing that they were the only ones left.

“Is it lunchtime already?” Jaden asked.

“They went to the school store. During the noon break, it’s getting a big shipment of new cards,” Bastion informed.

“A big shipment of new cards?!” Syrus yelled out.

“Everyone went to buy stuff to buff up their decks before the practical test,” Twilight explained.

“A-Aren’t you two going?” Syrus asked the duo.

“I have faith in my current deck,” Bastion answered.

“I can win with my current deck. At least, I hope I can,” Twilight reluctantly agreed. “Besides, there’s no guarantee that the cards I could get would be helpful.”

“B-Bro?” Syrus asked Jaden.

“I’m- curious! I’ve just gotta see what kinds of cards they have!” Jaden excitedly yelled. “Let’s go see, Rainbow and Syrus.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Applejack was looking for Blair, having left after her once they were dismissed from their written test. She looked everywhere she could think of, even checking to see if she was among the crowd of students waiting for the cards. Eventually, she found Blair splashing her face with water in the boy’s bathroom. Fortunately, there was no one else present so Applejack decided to enter and confront Blair.

“Hello, Blair,” Applejack said, which caught Blair off guard.

“Applejack! What are you doing in here?! This is the men’s room!” Blair yelled.

“Look, Blair. I saw your hair this morning. I know you’re a girl!” Applejack decided to get right to the point.

“W-What?!” Blair was shocked and a bit scared at having been found out.

“Look, I just want to know why you did what you did. Preferably somewhere else seeing as how we are in the men’s room,” Applejack said.

“Alright,” Blair agreed as the two left the bathroom and walked to the card store. “So, you see, for the longest time I’ve had the biggest crush on my hero Zane Truesdale. I thought that I could get closer to him, maybe even have him feel the same way I do, if I came to this school. However, only people that are 15 or older are normally allowed into Duel Academy. So, I decided to pretend to be a boy that is older than I am. I’m currently 13, by the way. However, I do have some interest in dueling myself.”

Applejack wasn’t sure what to think about Blair’s reasoning. After all, she just wanted to be loved by a crush. However, she also could tell that her plan was flawed. “So, first of all, who is Zane?”

“Oh, Zane is an Obelisk Blue third year and is at the top of his class,” Blair explained.

“Okay, and you believe that he will be okay being with someone that is well underneath his age group and also not turn you in for being an underage girl, right?” Applejack asked.

“Well, things sound a lot more difficult now that you bring that up, but I’m game for a challenge,” Blair stubbornly said.

“I guess she’s not too different from me in the stubbornness department,” Applejack thought. “You know I can’t let you continue to lie to the school. You have to turn yourself in.”

“B-But if I do I’ll be kicked out of Duel Academy!” Blair was worried.

“I know, but I’ve been around the block when it comes to lying and trust me it never works out. You’re better off being honest and trying to have another chance at love when you’re older,” Applejack suggested.

“I won’t give up like this, Applejack! Besides, this is true love!” Blair yelled.

Applejack proceeded to sigh before saying, “How about I make you a deal? We’ll duel against each other for the dueling exam. If you win I’ll keep quiet on you being a girl. However, if I win you’ll have to confess the truth. Understood?”

Blair just stood there, unsure of what to say or do. However, after a minute, she agreed. “Okay. We’ll duel. But just so you know I’m a very good duelist.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was banging on the metal door for the shop, trying to get the rare cards. “Open up! Open up! Show us the rare cards already!” The students yelled. Eventually, a bunch of SWAT officers entered the room in front of the card shop. “Who are those guys?” The students asked.

“Stand back! Stand back!” The officers called out.

“We have what you’re after right here!” The lead officer said as he walked down the hall with a briefcase. Everyone present cheered as the man walked to the metal door, lifted it up and walked in. Before he entered, however, he said, “They’re going to start selling them now.”

“At last the rare cards are…” The students yelled as the door opened, only for the briefcase to be empty. “... gone!”

“What happened to the rare cards?” An Obelisk Blue student asked.

“This person bought them all,” The cashier revealed.

“This person?” Some of the students asked.

“I have already paid for all of them,” A mysterious man revealed.

“Hey!”

“That’s cheating!”

“You selfish jerk!”

“Monster!”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hurry!” Jaden called out as the trio ran.

“Wait!” Syrus called out, only for them to stop upon seeing the store nearly empty.

“What’s going on here? Rainbow Dash asked.

“If everyone’s gone, then that means…” Syrus started to realize.

“They’ve already sold out?” The trio realized.

“Ma’am! Ma’am! Miss, where are the new cards?” Jaden asked the cashier as they ran up to her.

“A student came and bought most of them. This is all that’s left,” The cashier said as she handed a single green card pack.

“O-Only one?” The trio asked.

“What do we do, Bro and Sis? I bombed the written test so bad. I was really hoping to build up my deck for the practical…” Syrus was saddened.

“It’s okay. You buy it,” Jaden suggested.

“Yeah! My deck is already perfect! I just wanted to see what cards were available,” Rainbow Dash agreed with Jaden.

“You’ll let me have it? But it’s the last pack!” Syrus protested.
“No worries,” Jaden said.

“But, Bro… Today’s an important test,” Syrus reminded Jaden. “And we’re all supposed to be enemies.”

“Enemies? Why?” Jaden and Rainbow asked.

“Yeah! You guys are my friends! I never leave my friends hanging,” Rainbow pointed out.

“Well, you know…” Syrus tried to explain.

“Anyway, we still have time before the practical test,” Jaden reminded Syrus. “Let’s go work on our decks!”

“Bro…”

“Hold it!” A familiar voice yelled out. It belonged to the lady that Jaden helped earlier.

“You’re the same lady from before!”Jaden realized.

“Don’t call me “lady.” Call me Dorothy! Dorothy!” The lady introduced herself.

“So you run the school store, Ms. Dorothy?” Jaden asked.

“You know her, Bro?” Syrus asked.

“Yeah, we sorta met.”

“Anyway, step right this way. I’ve got something good to sell you!” Ms. Dorothy giggled.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Who was the guy that bought up all the cards?” The blue haired friend asked.

“I couldn’t buy any… What will we do about this afternoon’s test?” The brown haired friend asked.

“Stop panicking. There’s no point in integrating new cards for a mere monthly test. No one in Obelisk Blue could beat me anyway,” Chazz calmly responded.

“But what if your opponent were Jaden Yuki?” A voice asked.

“What?” Chazz harshly asked the owner of the voice, who was the man that bought all the cards.

“Can you beat Jaden with your current deck?” The man asked.

“You’re the one who bought all the cards!” The blue haired kid realized.

“Those cards are right… in here!” The figure opened his cape, revealing a variety of rare cards.

“Who are you?” The brown haired friend asked.

“Why did you buy all the cards?!” The blue haired friend asked.

The figure laughed as he said, “You still do not know, Signor Manjome, my true identity?” The figure revealed himself to be Dr. Crowler.

“You’re Dr. Crowler, who lost to Jaden Yuki,” Chazz responded.

Crowler nearly fell, only to pick himself back up and say, “A drop-out boy such as Jaden Yuki must be crushed, posthaste, by an elite like yourself! That is why I have come to ask you… Fight Jaden!”

“But the practical test is conducted among members of the same dorm,” Chazz pointed out the problem in Crowler’s plan.

“Just you leave that to me!” Crowler said. “And then that drop-out boy will learn just how rare elites such as we, really are.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jaden go the news that he was facing off against Chazz Princeton, he was shocked. “Why am I dueling Chazz?”

“You see, you performed so well on your entrance exam, no one in Slifer Red is a balanced match for you. Hence, I have determined that Signor Manjome would be a more appropriate opponent for you! Of course, should you beat him, you will be promoted to Ra Yellow. What do you think, Jaden Yuki?” Crowler offered. “Do you accept this proposal?”

“Bro really is amazing…” Syrus muttered.

“I know! At this rate, he’ll be in Obelisk Blue by the end of the year,” Rainbow agreed.

“If Jaden wins, he’ll be in the same dorm as me. So soon after getting in,” Bastion thought.

“Sounds great!” Jaden accepted. “I want to duel all kinds of people. I want to accept any challenge, from anyone!”

“Then you do accept the duel with Signor Manjome?” Crowler made sure.

“Okay… We’ll settle things from last time,” Chazz decided.

“Duel!” Both duelists called out.

“Let’s go, Chazz!” Jaden yelled out. “I go first! Draw!” Jaden drew Winged Kuriboh, which cooed as he was drawn. “Winged Kuriboh, huh?” “Hey, pal. I feel better having you here at the start. In that case...” “I summon Elemental HERO Clayman in defense position (2000 Defense)! I end my turn.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack and Blair got to the arena, with their friends being in the stands watching the duel. Granted, Rainbow Dash and Twilight were splitting their attention between their duel and the duel between Chazz and Jaden, but they did their best to support both teams.

“Ah, the roar of the crowd as we get ready to duel. It sounds good. Fortunately, this won’t be the last time I’ll hear it,” Blair said.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about it, Blair. This duel can go either way, but I won’t be holding anything back!” Applejack yelled out.

“Duel!” Both Duelists yelled as they began their duel.

“I’ll start off by playing one monster facedown in defense mode! I place one card face down. That's it for my turn,” Applejack ended her move.

“Really? That’s it? You couldn’t think of anything else to do other than summon a defense monster? This duel will be even easier than I thought. My turn! I draw, and summon Fairy Lancer!” (Level 4/Light/Fairy/1600 Attack/1300 Defense), a fairy dressed in white robes with green eyes and hair and holding a lance. “Time to battle! Oh, and when my Lancer attacks a monster in defense mode, you still take piercing damage!”

Applejack

2600

Blair

4000

“You activated my facedown monster’s ability! Go Naturia Cherries (200 Attack/200 Defense)! Now I can bring out two more of them onto my field in facedown defense mode!” Applejack played.

“Not bad. However, I’m far from done. I place one card facedown and end my turn. Good luck,” Blair ended her turn.

“Go Applejack! Go Blair! Woo hoo!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

“This duel seems pretty intense so far,” Rarity said.

“Still, the question is who will be the winner of the duel,” Fluttershy brought up the question on the group’s mind. “I really hope Applejack will win, but I also hope Blair does well. Oh, I can’t decide.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A bum HERO deck full of small monsters… Let me show you how fragile it is,” Chazz tore down. It’s my turn. Draw!” Chazz began his turn. “One of the rare cards Dr. Crowler gave me…” “I activate my spell card Magical Mallet!”

“What?” Jaden was shocked.

“This card lets me put any unneeded cards from my hand back into my deck, shuffle, then draw an equal number of new cards. And now…”

“Huh? He can replace four whole cards?!” Syrus was shocked at the power of Magical Mallet.

“That can’t be a fair move!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“I’m afraid it is. By removing unneeded cards from his hand and replacing them with new cards, he increases the possibility of getting good cards for his hand,” Bastion explained.

“Not only that, but Magical Mallet has another ability,” Twilight commented as she turned her attention to Jaden’s duel.

“You see, Magical Mallet isn’t discarded after I use it. By putting it into my deck over and over, it will enter my hand over and over! Once again, I activate Magical Mallet. I return Magical Mallet and another card to my deck, and draw two more cards! Come out! I summon V-Tiger Jet in attack position (1600 Attack)! Then I activate Continuous Spell Frontline Base from my hand! That lets me Special Summon one monster of Level 4 or below, once per turn. This turn, I Special Summon W-Wing Catapult in attack position! Come out, W-Wing Catapult, and fuse with V-Tiger Jet!” Chazz played. “VW-Tiger Catapult (2000 Attack)! Surprised, Jaden? But my turn isn’t over yet. I also activate VW-Tiger Catapult’s effect! I discard one card from my hand, to switch your monster to attack position!”

“What?!” Jaden was shocked.

“Oh no! Clayman only has 800 attack points. If you put him in attack position…” Syrus realized.

“Jaden’s life points will take a big hit,” Rainbow finished as Clayman was switched to attack mode.

“Ready, Jaden? VW-Tiger Missiles, fire! Pulverize Clayman!

Jaden Yuki

2800

Chazz Princeton

4000

“Bro…” Syrus yelled in concern.

“Bravo. Signor Manjome uses the cards I gave him with superlative effectiveness!” Crowler said happily.

“I set one card and end my turn!” Chazz finally ended his turn.

“Come on! This duel is just getting started! Let’s go, It’s my turn. Draw! I summon Elemental HERO Sparkman in defense position (1400 Defense)! I set one card and end my turn!” Jaden ended his turn.

“Huh? It isn’t like him to play cards in defense position,” Syrus said worriedly.

“His opponent has 2000 attack points. It’s the only move he can make,” Bastion reminded Syrus.

“Jaden, this isn’t enough to best you, is it?” Alexis thought.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“My turn! I flip summon one of my Naturia Cherries to the field! Next, I summon Naturia Mantis in attack mode (1700)! Now I’ll tune my Naturia Cherries with my Naturia Mantis in order to Synchro Summon Naturia Beast (2200 Attack)!” Applejack summoned as Blair was in awe.

“I’ve heard that you and your friends could Synchro Summon. I guess that rumor turned out to be true. Still, do you think that a single Synchro Summon will win you this duel?” Blair pointed out.

“It’s not over yet. Now, I play my trap card Naturia Berry Blast! Now, so long as this card remains on the field, we will now take 800 life points of damage every time we special summon a monster onto our side of the field!” Applejack said.

“What?” Blair was bitter at this move.

“Now, Naturia Beast, attack Fairy Lancer!”

Applejack

2600

Blair

3400

“I end my turn there. So, Blair, what do you think of me as a duelist now that you’ve seen me in action?” Applejack asked.

“You aren’t that bad of a duelist. You definitely have talent,” Blair admitted.

“So do you. However, I can tell that you could do better if you focused more on dueling rather than your crush on Zane and all your lies,” Applejack said.

“I do focus on dueling! After all, I need to duel if I am to get into Obelisk Blue and impress Zane!” Blair pointed out.

“I understand. But Blair, please consider just coming out and being honest with everyone. With your talent you could become a pro easily and perhaps be allowed to become one at this school,” Applejack pleaded.

“I can’t! If I do, I’ll be kicked out for my age!” Blair reminded.

“Maybe, but you could still be allowed in eventually. Tell me, wouldn’t it be easier to not have to worry about being found out at all times?” Applejack asked.

“I-I don’t know! I’m done talking! Let’s get back to our duel! I summon Dancing Fairy in attack mode (1700 Attack)! Next, I play Monster Reborn in order to bring back my Fairy Lancer!”

“I activate my monster’s ability! Now, I can send the top two cards of my deck to the graveyard in order to negate your spell’s effect!”

“Not so fast! I play my trap card Fairy Shield! With it, I can negate the effect of a monster you control for as long as it stays on the field! So, I still get my monster back!” Blair countered.

“Don’t forget that thanks to my trap you’ll take 800 points of damage!”

Blair was blown back as exploding berries blew up in her face. “Now, I’ll overlay, my two Fairies in order to build the overlay network. I xyz Summon Cupid Fairy!” (Rank 4/Light/Fairy/2400 Attack/1600 Defense) A pink haired fairy with a red shirt and white pants, both covered in hearts, appeared on the field, holding a bow and arrow.

“Now my trap’s effect will activate once again!” Applejack reminded.

Applejack

2600

Blair

1800

“Nice try, but I’ll now begin turning this duel around! I activate my Cupid Fairy’s special ability! Now, by removing an overlay unit, I can take control of one monster that you control! I chose to take over your Naturia Beast!” Blair played.

“That’s not good.”

“No kidding. Now, Naturia Beast, wipe out her facedown Naturia Cherries! Next, Cupid Fairy will attack you directly! So, Applejack, you’re about to find out what the power of true love will do for you in dueling and in life!”

Applejack

200

Blair

1800

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“My turn! Draw! I summon X-Head Cannon in attack position (1800 Attack). Then, using the effect of my Continuous Spell Frontline Base, I Special Summon Z-Metal Tank!” Chazz began his turn.

“It can’t be!” Jaden was shocked.

“X and Z… If he has cards like those, too, then…” Syrus began.

“What? What does it mean?!” Rainbow wanted to know.

“It means he likely has Y-Dragon Head as well,” Twilight answered.

“I activate my trap card Call of the Haunted! Call of the Haunted’s effect lets me bring back one monster card from my graveyard. That monster is…” Chazz said as Y-Dragon Head was summoned.

“He has Y too!” Syrus was horrified.

“N-Not good!” Bastion agreed.

“Let’s go, Jaden! I fuse X, Y, and Z. I summon XYZ-Dragon Cannon (2800 Attack)!” Chazz summoned another fusion powerhouse.

“He has two monsters on the field with over 2000 attack points! Does Jaden still have a path to victory?” Bastion wondered.

“Not yet! It isn’t over yet! I fuse my VW-Tiger Catapult and XYZ-Dragon Cannon, to perform another Fusion Summon,” Chazz played.

“Again?” Jaden asked as the two machines fused into one.

“This is VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon (3000 Attack)! Then I activate VWXYZ’s effect!” Chazz played.

Suddenly, Jaden’s Sparkman faded out of existence. “Sparkman!” Jaden yelled out.

“Too bad, huh, Jaden? Once a turn VWXYZ can banish one card on your side of the field. You’re starting to feel it, aren’t you? The sorrow of the inferior…” Chazz smugly said.

“What a fine feeling! I can, at last, see the moment when our drop-out boy drops!” Crowler gleefully said.

“Go, VWXYZ! Attack Jaden directly!” Chazz called out.

“Wait! I activate my facedown trap A Hero Emerges!” Jaden played.

“What?” Crowler was shocked.

“A Hero Emerges?” Chazz asked.

“This card makes the opponent choose one of my cards. If it turns out to be a monster card, I can summon it to my side of the field. Now, choose, Chazz!” Jaden yelled out.

“The rightmost card!” Chazz chose.

“I got lucky. I summon this card, Burtinatrix, in defense position (1200 Attack/800 Defense),” Jaden said.

“No, not defense position! When VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon attacks, I get to choose the target monster’s battle position! VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon, Ultimate Destruction! Attack Burstinatrix.

Jaden Yuki

1000

Chazz Princeton

4000

“Bro!” Syrus yelled out in concern.

“I end my turn. Yet again, you’re defenseless. I won’t let one monster remain on your side of the field,” Chazz mocked.

“I believe in my deck. As long as I have monsters who will fight for me to the bitter end, I'll keep fighting! Draw!” Jaden realized as he drew a card he got from Dorothy, Transcendent Wings. “Winged Kuriboh, do you feel something?” Winged Kuriboh gave a coo in agreement. “If you insist, then I’ll bet everything on this card! I summon Winged Kuriboh in defense position (200 Defense).” In response, nearly every girl in the arena cheered out about how cute Winged Kuriboh was. “Then I set one card and end my turn.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“This is bad! Applejack has only 200 life points remaining!” Spike was worried.

“Yeah. One more attack and she’ll be finished!” Rarity agreed.

“Hey! Applejack spent as much time practicing as we have! She can still win this duel!” Rainbow Dash reminded.

“You know, maybe you should surrender this duel before you embarrass yourself, Applejack,” Blair tried to get Applejack to surrender.

“Never! I don’t give up that easily! My turn! I start off by playing the spell card Change of Heart! This allows me to take control of one of your monsters for one turn! And I choose Naturia Beast! Next, I summon the Tuner monster Naturia Butterfly (500 Attack)! Now, I’ll tune my Naturia Butterfly with my Naturia Beast in order to Synchro Summon Black Winged Dragon (2800 Attack)!” Applejack summoned her ace monster.

“Don’t forget that your trap will deal you 800 points of damage! This duel is over now, Applejack!”

“Not yet! You see, when I would take effect damage, my monster absorbs it! Then, my monster loses 700 attack points (2100 Attack)!”

“But why do that? Won’t that make her monster weaker?” Fluttershy asked timidly.

“No, it won’t. You see, Black Winged Dragon can also restore his attack points to 2800. Then, Applejack can select a monster on the opponent’s field and weaken it and also deal damage equal to the attack restored!” Twilight Sparkle explained.

“That sounds great, darling! Now, win the duel!” Rarity yelled out.

“I now activate my monster’s ability! Now your monster will lose 700 attack points. Not only that, but I gain back those points and deal 700 damage to your life points. Now Black Winged Dragon, attack Cupid Fairy and end this duel!” Applejack yelled out as Blair’s life points hit zero.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Defense position again? Bro, isn’t there anything left you can do?” Syrus asked worriedly.

“No, that Winged Kuriboh has…,” Alexis realized.

“My turn. Draw. It’s futile. You’ve summoned that little hairball that can reduce battle damage to 0, but VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon’s effect can still banish it,” Chazz pointed out.

“Then go ahead and try it!” Jaden dared Chazz.

“Kick Winged Kuriboh aside, and attack Jaden directy! Ultimate Destruction!” Chazz called out.

“He’s done for. Winged Kuriboh can’t take all that…” Syrus moped.

“Maybe not. Jaden seems to be confident. I believe his facedown must be a game changer,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Here it comes, pal! I pay two cards from my hand as a cost to activate Transcendent Wings!” Jaden played.

“What?” Crowler and Chazz both said in shock.

“Wh-What’s going on?!” Chazz was shocked as the now giant Winged Kuriboh LV 10 was now on the field.

“Transcendent Wings has made Winged Kuriboh exceed his limitations. Winged Kuriboh is now Level 10! Its effect lets me tribute it, to destroy all of your monsters in attack position, and deal damage to you equal to their total attack points. Winged Kuriboh, send all that energy back at him!

Jaden Yuki

1000

Chazz Princeton

1000

“I end my turn,” Chazz bitterly said.

“Chazz. Now we’re both down to 1000 life points. It sure would be interesting if I drew a monster with over 1000 attack points, huh?” Jaden teased.

“What are you mumbling about? Chazz bit back. “You can’t do that so easily!”

“But if I did, it would be pretty interesting, huh? My turn, draw! I summon this card, Avian (1000 Attack). I attack you directly!” Jaden cried out, winning the duel much to everyone’s shock.

At first, everyone was shocked. However, after a moment, everyone was cheering for Jaden’s victory. “You did it, Bro!” Syrus cheered.

“But he had all those rare cards. How could he have lost?” Crowler wailed sadly.

“Well that’s the one who beat you, Dr. Crowler, right?” Chancellor Shephard asked, as Crowler was unhappy with being reminded of that.

“I very much beg your pardon!” Dr. Crowler excused himself.

“Gotcha! That was a fun duel!” Jaden said to Chazz, who bitterly looked at Jaden.

“Hey! Hey, Bro!” Syrus yelled as he, Rainbow, and Bastion approached him.

“You showed us something, Jaden Yuki. Your trust in your deck, your passionate friendship with your monsters, and most of all, your dueling spirit that doesn’t falter, no matter what you face. I think everyone here acknowledges that. Accordingly, Mr. Yuki, as our winner… You advance to Ra Yellow,” Shepherd said to Jaden on the loudspeaker.

“Amazing! You really are amazing! I’m so impressed!” Syrus said gleefully as he hugged Jaden.

“Yeah! You earned your spot in Ra Yellow!” Rainbow Dash congratulated Jaden.

“Jaden Yuki, congratulations. And welcome to Ra Yellow,” Bastion said proudly.

“Thanks,” Jaden said as he grabbed Bastion’s outstretched hand.

“Now my big bro’s becoming an official Ra Yellow student. I’m going to miss him once he’s gone. But I really think this is for the best. Congratulations, bro!” Syrus thought to himself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Congratulations, Applejack. You beat me in a duel. So, I take it that I now have to confess the truth. That was our deal after all,” Blair sadly accepted.

“That was a great duel, you guys!” Rainbow said as she and the others approached them.

“Hopefully with that type of performance you two can get into Ra Yellow no problem!” Pinkie Pie wished well.

“Yeah… Listen, you guys. I have something I need to say. You see…” Blair started to say before Applejack interrupted her.

“She was gonna say that she really enjoyed our duel and can’t wait for our rematch!” Applejack lied, trying her best to seem sincere. Everyone could tell something was up, but decided that it likely wasn’t that big of a deal.

“Well, okay then. I’m glad that you both had fun. We’ll meet you outside and talk more then,” Rarity suggested.

“We’ll see you there!” Applejack said as the others left.

“Hold on. Why didn’t you tell them the truth?” Blair asked.

“To be honest, even I’m not quite sure. I guess that I didn’t want to hurt you and seeing as how your lie isn’t that big, I decided to keep your secret, at least for now. Just don’t go making it a habit, though,” Applejack admitted.

“Thanks, Applejack! I’ll make sure my love will work out fine and be a great duelist along the way!” Blair yelled out excitedly as she ran outside.

Applejack honestly wasn’t sure if keeping this secret was such a good idea. However, she also knew that Blair was her friend and that hurting her would be a bad thing to do. Hopefully, over time Blair would confess her secret willingly. But, for now, she found she could manage to keep it secret.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at their room, Rainbow Dash and Syrus were sitting around wondering what to do with Jaden gone when suddenly Jaden entered the dorm room.

“Yo!” Jaden said as he entered the room.

“Bro! What are you doing here?!” Syrus was confused.

“Yeah! Aren’t you supposed to be in Ra Yellow?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Maybe, but this is still my room. What’s wrong with coming back to my room?” Jaden asked. “That’s right...I like this place. Burning flame, hot blood, the red of passion! I like Slifer Red! I’m not ready to leave here at all!”

At this, Syrus ran to hug Jaden, who was feeling uncomfortable with how Syrus was clinging. After a moment, Rainbow walked up to the two and gave him a hug as well.

Author's Note:

Well, hopefully you guys enjoyed this chapter. I have gained a lot of plans for future original chapters and hopefully I do a good job writing them down. But for now, take care everyone.