• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 970 Views, 12 Comments

Duel Monsters Are Magic 5ds - snivygamer97



The Main 6 are separated in Neo Domino City and Satellite as humans.

  • ...
2
 12
 970

Look at My Treasured Deck!

A mysterious young man was walking down hallway after hallway in a mysterious building in the Satellite Sector. What he was looking for couldn’t be found out that easily. Still he cautiously walked on until he came across a room filled with drawers. Upon opening one, he saw that there were many rare cards. He picked some up to place in his bag, saying, “There’s good stuff in here.” As the young man placed piles of cards into the bag, he saw right next to him a bright flash occur. When he looked back over there he saw a lady about his age with western clothes and a brown hat.

“Land sakes! That was some strange magic! I wonder where we- wait a gosh darn second. Where am I and where is everyone else?!” Applejack was confused.

“Easy. You’re in Sector Security’s storage room. Here is where cards and a bunch of other stuff is held onto. I’m here to get myself some cards. What about you? Are you here to steal some cards too?” The man asked warily as he continued to grab cards and place them into his bag.

At this, Applejack got angry, “No! I’m not here to steal cards! I don’t even know how I got here! And why are you gonna steal cards?! Plan on preventing some young kids from getting cards to duel with?!”

“What are you talking about?! Sector Security is keeping cards in here without an owner to begin with! They love to oppress the people of Satellite! But you would know that seeing as how we’re stuck in Satellite! Now, tell me why you’re here and why you appeared in that strange light!” The man demanded.

“I was gonna visit Duel Academy with my friends when we got teleported to who knows where!” Applejack hotly answered.

“Duel Academy? Well, sounds like you aren’t from around here, lady. In Satellite, you’re not even allowed to own cards. Hasn’t stopped people from forming gangs and dueling for power and respect. Name’s Crow Hogan by the way. Figure I should at least be given a title rather than the random crook,” Crow muttered.

“A’m Applejack, but so what?! Are you part of some gang looking to steal from authority?! Look, it may suck not being allowed to duel, but stealing is still stealing!” Applejack yelled out.

“No! I already have myself a deck! I’m just getting cards for-,” Crow tried to explain, only for Applejack to interrupt.

“It doesn’t matter why you’re stealing the cards! Even if you have a good reason, stealing is wrong and you could get yourself in trouble with the authorities!” Applejack yelled. “Look, I’m outta here! I’m not gonna let myself get into a pickle because of your stealing!” Applejack yelled as she began to leave.

“Hey, watch it!” Crow yelled as he stopped grabbing cards and grabbed Applejack by the shoulders. “If you’re not careful, you could get us caught! Even if you don’t care about me, care about the fact that you could be locked up with me if you’re not careful! Sector Security will make you an accomplice to my crime, even if you explain you did nothing! So, I’d just stay here until I’m done and then leave with some help, understood?”

Applejack stood there for a good moment thinking things over. After all, she hated the idea of stealing these cards and wanted out of this situation. However, she needed to find her friends and doubted she could find them without some help. So, she begrudgingly grumbled. “Fine. But if you double cross me I’m leaving, got it?”

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” Crow snarked at Applejack’s attitude, which didn’t appeal to Applejack at all. As Crow was about to grab more cards, a device on Crow beeped. “As expected, they brought it for me.” Crow said with a smile. “Lady, looks like we’re going now! Though, with this much baggage, I can’t use the street that I came in. Looks like it’s plan B!” Crow said as he put on a pair of infrared goggles.

“Hey, what are-?” Applejack was confused.

Upon seeing the invisible lasers, Crow smirked again. “Sweet! Plan B is my favorite!” Come on, lady, let’s go!” Crow said as he grabbed Applejack’s hand and they ran.

Meanwhile, in the security room…

“What is that?!” One man asked.

“It’s the corridor in the storage area!” The other man answered.

“There’s nothing on the security cameras!”

“I’ll change the channel!” At this, the security people saw Applejack and Crow running. “It’s a fake screen! Emergency! Someone broke into the storage area! All workers, capture them! I repeat, some people broke into the storage area!”

As Crow and Applejack were running, two guards were chasing after them.

“Freeze!”

“There’s no escape! Stop running right now and drop onto the floor!”

“Oh, we’ll drop down to the floor, all right. The ground floor! You’re not capturing us!” Crow yelled as the duo jumped through a window, with Applejack screaming in fear, though trying to correct her fall in order to land safely.

The two landed on a big Security truck and then Crow had them both jump onto the black Duel Runner, with Crow grabbing his Duel Disk to place into place on his Duel Runner.

“Wha-? What is this thing and why with the-? What is going on?!” Applejack demanded.

“You’re really chatty, you know that?” Crow snarked as he placed on his helmet, ready to ride. “Thanks for bringing this over here. I need it to escape! Catch us if you can, officers! Oh, and hold on tight lady!” Crow taunted as he rode off, Applejack grabbed on to him tightly.

“Hurry up and close it!” A Security officer yelled out as some men tried to close the gate around Sector Security’s building.

“It’s gonna be close!” Crow said as he looked confident, even as the gate fully shut.

“Uh, can you tell me what ya plan on doing now?!” Applejack yelled out.

Rather than answer, Crow jumped his Duel Runner over the gate, much to the shock of everyone but him. “Give me some credit, lady! I’m used to outsmarting these goons!” Meanwhile, the gate opened again and the Security guards raced on after them, with one in particular keeping up with the duo. “Catch us if you can!”

“Just so ya know, A’m not affiliated with him!” Applejack yelled out.

“Yeah, keep making excuses lady! Still, they’re getting away! If Crow escapes again, the captain’s gonna make me a crossing guard! And I ain’t going back to school! So if this punk and his girlfriend want to speed, I’ll make him do it with his deck. I activate Speed World!” The Security officer yelled out. “Now there’s no way outta here without a duel!”

“Overriding suspect’s Duel Runner. Duel mode engaged. Autopilot engaged,” The computer said as a duel setup appeared on both Runners’ screens.

“Alright, what is goin’ on here?!” Applejack questioned, confused.

“It’s a Speed Duel, or rather Turbo Duel. These guys really don’t know who they’re dealing with, do they? But I guess they’re going to have to find out the hard way!” Crow said to Applejack, before returning to focusing on the Security officer. “When your boss asks ya who beat you tonight, tell ‘em it was Crow!”

“Let’s duel!” Both the Officer and Crow yelled.

“Well, this is happenin’,” Applejack commented worriedly.

“You’ll never beat me, copper!” Crow taunted.

“Oh, I’ll beat you, and then it’s straight to the Facility!” The Security Officer yelled.

“Okay? So, can ya tell me what the Facility is?” Applejack asked curiously.

“You don’t wanna know! From all I know it’s a terrible place. One of my friends even died there a few years back,” Crow answered.

“Oh. A’m sorry,” Applejack genuinely apologized.

“Look, thanks for your concern, but right now we need to focus on not going there ourselves. And to do that, we need to win this duel! It’s your move, copper!” Crow yelled out.

“It’s my move, Crow! I summon Gate Blocker in Defense Mode (2000 Defense)!” The officer yelled as the wall monster blocked Crow’s path. “Next up I’m playing three facedowns and ending my turn!”

“Then it’s my move? Good to know!” Crow yelled as he drew a card, only for the Speed Counters to not go up. “Hey! My Speed Counters! They’re stuck at one!”

“You learn quick perp! With Gate Blocker out there, your Duel Runner’s stuck in neutral, which means that your Speed Counters are all locked up!”

“Nice monster,” Crow sarcastically said. “Now, I think I’ll show ya mine!”

“Hold on. What’s a Speed Counter?” Applejack asked, confused.

“Really?! Where did you come from to not know this?!” Crow demanded.

“Another dimension?” Applejack answered.

“You’re kidding, right?” Crow asked, not quite believing her.

“A’m not one for lying. Just trust me on that,” Applejack said.

“Fine. I’ll tell you what a Speed Counter is later. Just know that I can’t play any Speed Spells right now,” Crow said.
“Go ahead and make your move, Crow! You don’t get to be one of Neo Domino City’s finest unless you know how to duel! I got three cards waiting to take him down. First up: Sakuretsu Armor! This piece of hardware takes out his monster as soon as it attacks! Facedown number two: Dust Tornado! This will blow away his spells and traps. And finally number three: Intercept! As soon as he releases a monster to upgrade to something bigger, it comes over to my side of the field! So no matter what move he tries to make, he and his girlfriend will never outrun the long arm of the law!” The Security officer thought to himself. “Hey, Crow! How does it feel knowing you both are gonna be a jailbird after the next round?!”

“He has a point. I know a lot about duelin’, and I can tell that he likely has nasty surprises with his facedown cards,” Applejack noted.

“I doubt that I’ll lose, you two! Cause I’m playing Blackwing- Sirocco the Dawn (2000 Attack)! Ha! When I control no monsters and my opponent does, I can normal summon him without releasing any cards!” Crow pointed out.

“I’m gonna ground that piece ‘a poultry permanently!” The officer warned.

“Don’t think so, Officer, cause now I’m summoning: Blackwing-Gale the Whirlwind (1300 Attack)! And now that I have those two feathered friends in play, there’s only one thing left to do. I summon another Blackwing to the field called Bora the Spear (1700 Attack)!”

“Wow! He definitely is skilled ta have three monsters out in one turn. Still, that may not be enough,” Applejack was wary.

“Guess when I called you a bird brain, I was right! You see, those three birds are worthless; they’re all too weak to get through my Gate Blocker!” The Officer gloated.

“Really, but what if I hatch one of their special abilities? Blackwing Whirlwind, cut his monster’s Defense Points in half! Guess they don’t teach that at the police academy! Whirlwind, do your stuff!” Crow cried out (1000 Defense)! “And now, I’ll activate a trap from my hand! And this one goes by Delta Crow Anti Reverse!”

“From yer hand? But how…,” Applejack was caught off guard.

“You can’t do that!” Everyone present but Crow cried out in confusion.

“Well, maybe you all need to learn some more, because I can when I have three or more Blackwings on my field! After all, birds of a feather flock together, and you’re on the wrong side of the nest! Now my Delta Crow destroys all the cards that are on your field’s spell and trap card zones!” Crow explained.

“He was prepared for that as well. I have to admit, Crow. You definitely a skilled Duelist if nothin’ else,” Applejack reluctantly admitted.

“Thanks! Now, let’s finish this! So, let’s check out Sirocco’s special ability! Instead of all three of my Blackwings attacking one at a time, Sirocco combines their attack points onto one monster for the turn in one master blast! (5000 Attack) Oh, and if your captain asks how this “bird brain” took out his Sector Security saps in one round, just tell him I did it with a move I learned from my last stay at the Facility,” Crow said, ready to end the duel.

“F-Five thousand attack points?!” The officer was shocked and worried.

“And next I’m activating Bora’s special ability to deal piercing damage, which will swoop in and swipe the last of your Life Points! Looks like this jailbird is about to sprout some wings and fly off into the sunset! Go, Black Spiral Bear! (Security-0 LP)” Crow ended the duel.

The Sector Security officer’s Duel Runner stopped with a Defeat message appearing on the screen as it screeched to a halt as Crow triumphantly rushed by..

“Do something! He and his partner are getting away!” One officer in a van yelled to his partner.

“Not unless they can fly!” His partner said as they looked at a screen that showed there was a large gap up ahead.

“Um, can ya maybe stop now and hope we get off easy? Cause we’re headin’ straight for a ledge!” Applejack yelled out as Crow just smiled and sped up.

“No way! He’s gonna fall right off the edge!” The officer was shocked at what appeared to be suicide.

“Any plans ta not die right now?” Applejack nervously asked.

“Trust me, I do! It’s time this crow spread its wings. Take off!” Crow yelled out as the Duel Runner had wings appear from the sides and started to glide over the cliff.

“He’s flying!” Both Officers yelled out in shock.

Soon, both of the Runner’s passengers were safe on the other side, driving off to somewhere only Crow knew. “So, now that we’re outta trouble, can ya please let me go and we can part ways?” Applejack asked.

“Look, after what happened chances are Sector Security aren’t gonna play nice with you. You’re better off sticking with me until the heat dies down,” Crow said.

“Um, okay? So, where are we goin’?” Applejack asked, not certain as to whether or not to trust Crow.

“You’ll see!” Crow answered.

Meanwhile, back with the Sector Security Officers…

“We need back-up! Call the captain!” One officer yelled.

“Oh, sure, pal. And you wanna tell ‘im what just happened?! That he and his girlfriend got away? Go ahead!” The second officer pointed out.

“Good point.”

“Let’s just pretend this never happened.”
“What?”
“Exactly.”
—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some time, Crow just kept on driving, to where Applejack was uncertain. She had to admit that she didn’t know what to think about him. On one hand, these Sector Security goons seemed to be trouble and Crow was offering to help her hide for now. On the other, Crow did technically steal from a government building, and he offered no good reason for doing so.

Eventually, though, the duo ended up at a part of the destroyed city near an incomplete bridge.

“Tag! You’re it!” One boy yelled as he tagged a young girl.

“Oh, come on, I’m always it!” The girl complained.

“Gotta learn to run faster!” The boy retorted.

Soon, Crow and Applejack drove up to the kids, who were happy to see Crow return.

“Wait! Who are they?” Applejack asked Crow.

“It’s just the kids I look after. Things in Satellite are tough, and many kids have lost their parents. So, a few people have taken some of them in, like me,” Crow commented, much to Applejack’s surprise as the kids ran up to Crow and Applejack.

“Wha’d you bring us? Wha’d you bring us?” The kids cried out.

“Did you bring with you a girlfriend?” One girl asked as they noticed Applejack.

“Now see here kids, A’m not…,” Applejack said, only for Crow to interrupt.

“To answer your question, no she isn’t my girlfriend. I decided to rescue her from Sector
Security. As for whether or not I have something, have you kids been good?” Crow asked the kids.

“Well, in that case… tada!” Crow said as he got out some cards and gave them to the kids, who were happy to receive them.

“Are they ours?” One girl asked.

“Sure! Every kid needs a duel deck! And Uncle Crow just happened to find these lying around! Just promise that you won’t let Sector Security see you playin with these cards. Cause I’d rather not worry about seeing you ending up in the Facility. I promise that one day Sector Security won’t bother us no more!” Crow promised the kids, who all cheered in agreement.

“Um, can I talk to ya in private, Crow?” Applejack asked as she pulled him away from the kids.

“Looks like they may be together after all,” One girl commented.

“You think they’re gonna kiss?” Another girl asked.

“Ew, gross!” One boy said.

“Look, I’ll admit that getting those cards for all of these kids was very nice, but next time can ya maybe find them somewhere else?” Applejack asked Crow.

“Look, maybe wherever you came from following the rules all the time worked out for you, but out here you pretty much live to only do work and nothing else unless you’re willing to do some not so good things. Besides, I only steal things that me and these kids need. I don’t steal from random people. Besides, there are worse people than me here in Satellite,” Crow explained.

“Maybe… Look, I’ll keep quiet on your little escapades for now. Just promise me that you’ll not steal from random people,” Applejack reluctantly decided.

“Deal!”

“And… one more thing. I’m looking for some friends. Think you can help me find them?” Applejack asked Crow.

Crow looked over Applejack for a few moments, seeing that her request came from a place of genuine concern. Ultimately, he decided, “Sure. But we’ll have to wait for now. Security will be hot on our tails for a while. You’re safe so long as we stay here, but once we leave we’ll be asking for trouble.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yusei was remembering his Duel with Jack and how a red dragon appeared during the Duel. He also remembered him and Rainbow Dash being arrested for being from the Satellite Sector. “Yusei Fudo.” He remembered Rainbow Dash trying to help him escape only for them to be caught. “Yusei Fudo!”

Back in the present, Yusei was sitting on a chair before a judge, with his hands cuffed behind his back.

“Are you listening? The authorities have seized your Duel Runner and Deck. Yusei Fudo! Satellite citizens trespassing into Neo Domino City without permission is a heinous crime. Therefore, the Public Maintenance Department has rendered the following verdict: one count! You will be inscribed with a marker,” The judge revealed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yusei had a yellow marker burned painfully onto his face, screaming in agony as it was burnt onto the left side of his face. After the mark was on his face, Yusei fell forward in pain onto the floor.

“Under Neo Domino City jurisdiction, this mark symbolizes incompatibility. It means that you are not allowed to live in our jurisdiction!” A guard explained as they pulled Yusei’s head up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“One count! Yusei Fudo will take part in a reeducation program at a detention center for one month. Hurry up and get on! This is to reconfirm that you know the laws of Neo Domino City. Every violator must take this program. After finishing the program, you will spend six months at the Neo Domino City expansion factory before being sent home to Satellite,” Yusei remembered a guard saying as he was placed into a truck that was heading towards The Facility. He was sitting in between Rainbow Dash, who now had a lightning bolt marker under her right eye, and an old man named Yanagi.

“So, I take it you’re going to be returned to Satellite too?” Rainbow Dash asked Yusei, snapping him out of his thoughts. “It isn’t fair! Jack can be here and it isn’t a problem for him! What?! We’re supposed to live in a funless nightmare where we only exist to work?! Please! We’re people, not slaves!”

“I understand, but right now we should probably be quiet. The last thing we need is to cause unnecessary trouble,” Yusei whispered to Rainbow, which the young woman begrudgingly accepted.

“I guess it may be a good thing that Jack took Spike. At least he’ll be spared being locked in the Facility and having a mark burned on him. But… what if Jack hurts him in some way?” Rainbow Dash brought up her concerns.

“I don’t know what Jack will do with Spike, but even at his worst he isn’t a monster. Perhaps he’ll send him back to Satellite without having to spend time incarcerated first,” Yusei suggested, trying to be honest while still comforting Rainbow Dash.

Before Yusei could go back to his thoughts, he was kept in reality by Yanagi, “Hey.” Yusei tried to look away from him, only for the old man to move his head to the other side of Yusei. “Hey hey.” Yanagi moved back to his position in the truck. “I heard you were caught trespassing. Same here. My name is Yanagi. Nice to meet you.” When Yusei failed to accept his handshake and looked out the window behind him, Yanagi continued. “You were caught at Duel Stadium, right? I was nearby at the time. It was incredible. All the lights went out. But what surprised me the most was that red dragon! Weren’t you and your friend inside the stadium at that time?”

Yusei finally spoke to the old man, “What do you know?”

“Bro, how did you bring that out?” Yanagi asked. “Weren’t you having a Turbo Duel? You can bring that dragon out during a Duel?” Yusei was a bit surprised at this.

“Yeah, I remember. Some red energy dragon appeared in the stadium and everyone’s arms had glowing marks. Well, except for Spike, which is weird seeing as how he is a dragon back home,” Rainbow Dash confessed, much to Yusei and Yanagi’s confusion. “Oh, my friends and I come from a different dimension and Spike is a baby dragon back where I come from.”

It took a few moments for Yanagi to respond, but he eventually said, “Well, I’ve heard of quite a few things about different dimensions during my travels. I suppose that I would have met someone from a different dimension at some point. Nice to meet you, dimensional traveler Rainbow Dash.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack was tossing and turning in his sleep, dreaming about the red dragon from back at Duel Stadium. Eventually, Jack woke up panting heavily. He proceeded to look at the mark on his arm.

“Have a good night’s sleep?” Pinkie bitterly asked the king.

“Huh?” Jack looked around and saw Pinkie Pie sitting on a chair. “Oh, it’s you. What do you want?”

“How could you let Yusei and Rainbow Dash be arrested? Now they’re likely suffering in prison somewhere!”

“I don’t have time to deal with this,” Jack said as he got up to leave.

“Wow. Yusei wasn’t kidding when he said that Jack was a selfish jerk. He can’t even bother to answer us, especially after what happened last night,” Spike muttered.

Jack appeared to notice this and stopped, turning around to face them as he did so. “Hey! I let you stay free of the Facility! I’d be more grateful of my generosity if I were you. Still, once Goodwin tells me why you two are important I’ll have you two go our separate ways with me.”

“I’m looking forward to it!” Pinkie Pie and Spike agreed.

Jack proceeded to leave the bedroom and upon seeing Mina, asked her, “How long have I been here?”

Mina, who was holding a few roses that she was placing into a vase, answered, “Good morning. Since this morning, Master Atlas. The director himself brought you here. He thought the reason you were upset was because the Duel wasn’t completed.”

“Wait! How did you know that the Duel wasn’t completed?” Jack questioned.

“Yeah! You weren’t at the arena with us. By the way, do you want anything?” Pinkie Pie asked, trying to be polite to Mina.

Mina looked shocked upon hearing this. “I’m sorry. I saw the whole thing,” Mina apologized as she bowed. She was quickly shocked upon seeing Jack leave. “Master Atlas, where are you going?” Jack opened the doors and began to leave, with Pinkie Pie and Spike following after him. “Please wait, Master Atlas!”

“Yeah! I still wanna know why you had to be a meanie and hurt my friends!” Pinkie Pie yelled out as she followed Jack.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“As you can see, when Red Dragon Archfiend and Stardust Dragon clashed, the Moment’s rotations increased rapidly,” Zigzig explained as he showed Rex Goodwin the image of the Duel from the night before.

“This supports the conditions required for resurrecting the ancient Crimson Dragon,” Lazar said with a laugh.

“That’s correct! This event occurred just when we finalized plans to include Moment in all parts of Neo Domino City! This is great news!” Zigzig spun around like a top only to stop when the image disappeared.

“This is when we lose power, so the image stopped.”

“I see,” Rex began. “That means the Crimson Dragon hasn’t been filmed clearly.

“Correct,” Lazar confirmed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The truck that was taking Yusei, Rainbow, Yanagi, and many others to the Facility arrived just outside the center. When Yusei got out of the truck, he was forcibly pushed by one guard towards another guard. “This way!”

The guard proceeded to scan Yusei’s marker. “You’re G2MA2-88. Starting today, you will be referred to by your number. Everyone who caused problems in the city are housed here to undergo reeducation. Other than trespassers like you, people unfit for society are also kept here,” The guard explained as he led the group to their cells. On the way there, Yusei and Rainbow passed Bolt Tanner’s cell, the tall man noticing them both. “Stop! This is your room! Enter!” The doors for the cells opened up, with Rainbow being led to enter the cell that housed Tanner.

“Hooray! I can finally sleep in a bed,” Yanagi jumped onto the bed on the left, his wooden shoes popping off as he did so. Yusei followed Yanagi into the room.

“The reeducation program starts in the afternoon. Until then. You should think about what you did,” the guard said as he left, closing the cell door behind him.

As the guard walked away, Tanner was quick to get the guard’s attention. “Hello.”

“What do you want?” the guard asked.

“I want to throw a welcome party for the new arrivals. As a old-timer, I’ll teach them the rules of this place,” Tanner said as he gave a thumbs up.

“Again? Don’t cause too much trouble,” the guard said as he unlocked Tanner’s cell.

Finally, Rainbow began to speak. “So, who are you?” Rainbow Dash asked the tall man.

“Listen up. The name is Bolt Tanner, but everyone calls me Tanner. While the guards claim that they’re in charge here, the truth is I’m the real rule maker in this place. Everyone gets a rank, which is determined by how well you can Duel. So, do you have a Deck, newbie?” Tanner asked the rainbow haired woman.

“Sorry, but mine got taken away along with my friend’s,” Rainbow apologized.

“Heh. Of course a person from the Satellite wouldn’t have a Deck. You’re nothing here,” Tanner mocked.

“What?!” Rainbow Dash was fuming.

“You heard me. Now, get ready for the play room, kid,” Tanner said as he got his Deck ready for Dueling.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“This place is big. And it’s also new,” Yanagi said as he looked out the window.

“You haven’t answered my question yet,” Yusei said.

“About what?” Yanagi asked.

“About the red dragon.”

“Bro,” Yanagi said as he jumped down from the window. “Did you bring a Deck? We’ll talk afterwards.”

“We’re not allowed to bring one,” Yusei sadly answered.

“Ta-daa!” Yanagi said as he revealed a few hidden cards. “After visiting various detention centers, I learned that you always need a Deck.”

“You’re allowed to Duel here?”

“It’s the same inside as outside. Even in a detention center, there are ones who are in control and ones being controlled. Who’s who is decided by a Duel.”

“A Duel.”

Yanagi proceeded to nod.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Master Atlas! Please wait, Master Atlas!” Mina pleaded with Jack as he stormed towards the room where Goodwin was at.

“Yeah! Explain yourself now!” Pinkie Pie demanded.

“Uh, maybe we should quiet down for now. We don’t want to anger these people,” Spike suggested.

“I know, Spike. But our friends have gotten into trouble because of Jack!” Pinkie Pie countered.

“I know that, but we can’t do much to help them right now. We should try to find out all that we can for right now,” Spike explained.

After thinking for a moment, Pinkie said, “Okay, fine. But I still don’t agree with what Jack did.”

“Me neither, Pinkie.”

“This shows that when the king had them both out simultaneously, Moment didn’t run amok!” Zigzig explained.

“But it did when they clashed,” Lazar continued. “So did something happen when the two battled?” Goodwin just sat there until he heard the door open.

“I’m sorry, director,” Mina apologized as she and Jack entered the room.

Jack looked and saw that they were watching his Duel with Yusei. “What is this?” Jack demanded. “Why are you watching this?”

“Please calm down,” Rex said as he got up. “This is the Public Maintenance Department. We protect the peace in Neo Domino City. It is our duty to learn about strange events that occur in the city. Information connected to the people of the stars is especially important.”

“You know something,” Jack accused Goodwin. “When the Crimson Dragon appeared, I felt a pain on this mark!” Jack showed the wing and body mark on his arm.

“Yeah! And Dashie and I both gained these strange marks on our arms, except they were blue instead of red!” Pinkie Pie yelled.

“That’s right. According to legend, you are a Signer, Jack. You’re a person who has the mark of the dragon,” Rex explained as he and everyone else in the room bowed to Jack. “You are the chosen one. You are a person of the stars. As for the girl, she holds the power of a Pseudo Signer. They don’t quite have the power of a real Signer, but they can be of support to the real Signers.”

“However, Yusei also had the mark! It was linked to my mark!” Jack revealed.

“What? That person from Satellite? So there are multiple people with the mark after all. As I expected, there are multiple Signers and Pseudo Signers.” Rex Goodwin was interested.

“You didn’t see it?”

“Unfortunately, the visuals were cut due to the power outage,” Rex apologized.

“I saw it! Yusei's arm also had the mark! But he didn’t have it two years ago!” Jack commented.

“Maybe the Signer power you guys are talking about came now rather than earlier. It’s strange, but now that I think about it, I’ve been able to see red and blue outlines around Jack, Yusei, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie ever since last night,” Spike revealed.

Rex Goodwin looked legitimately surprised to hear this news. “You, Spike. Are you sure that you saw an aura surrounding Yusei, Jack, and the others?”

“Um, yes?” Spike answered.

“We may have a way to find out the other Signers. Still, just to be safe I’ll try to initiate plan A,” Goodwin said to himself.

“So, we’re like superheroes then, huh? So, where do we meet up and what superhero names do we get?” Pinkie Pie excitedly asked.

“That isn’t how it works! The people of the stars' power run more deeply and more seriously than you think, Pinkie,” Rex grumbled, annoyed.

Jack then noticed something with the footage of the Duel. “Stop! Pause the monitor! Rewind!” The footage went to the part where Yusei played a trap card. “Right here! Enlarge that section.”

“Easily done,” Zigzig said as he enlarged Yusei’s trap card.

“This is… Meteor Stream!” Jack realized.

“I see. Meteor Stream. King, what you activated right before was… End of the Storm, which destroys all monsters on the field. For every destroyed monster, the player takes 300 points of damage,” Lazar explained.

“That’s right! That was a strategy to get Stardust back! He takes damage, and then it was supposed to return to my field after he released it! But at the very end, he was going to use Meteor Stream,” Jack said.

“When a released monster resurrects, that card deals 1000 points of damage. That means…” Lazar said with a crazed expression.

“I had 900 Life Points. If I took 1000 points of damage..., 0! I lost to him!” Jack realized. “I…” Jack started to tremble in anger.

“Ha! Serves you right for letting Yusei and Dashie be arrested!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

“Don’t worry about it,” Goodwin said as he placed a comforting hand on Jack’s hand. “No one knows what happened last night.

“But I know! The king knows! There’s no way I can forget this Duel! Where is he? Where is he right now?” Jack demanded.

Rex turned around and took a few steps before answering, “It’s regular policy to quarantine people who arrive from Satellite. He is no exception. He would be at the detention center by now.”

Meanwhile, back at the Facility, the cells opened up as Tanner and his men entered Yusei and Yanagi’s room.

“I’m going to meet him,” Jack started to leave.

“You can’t. Think about your role as the king,” Rex stopped Jack. “Don’t you want to know about the people of the stars and Signers? Don’t you want to know who you truly are?”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yusei, Rainbow, and Yanagi were pushed into an exercise room that also doubled as a Dueling room. The trio turned around to see Tanner and his men.

“Welcome to my Duel Field,” Tanner said. Yanagi was nervous while Rainbow was seething and Yusei was unresponsive to Tanner. Tanner prepared his Duel Disk with a laugh. “I’m Tanner. This is my realm. Since you’re new, you don’t know that there are two sets of rules. One for inside the detention center and another for the outside. Got it? And I rule the inside,” Tanner said as he got into Yusei’s face.

Suddenly, Yanagi got a huge smile on his face, approached Tanner and said, “I know who you are! You’re the Pro Duelist Bolt Tanner, right?”

“So, this guy is a Pro Duelist?” Rainbow Dash was surprised.

“Shut up, geezer!” Tanner yelled in anger.

“Awesome! I’m so lucky that I can meet you in a place like this!” Yanagi yelled. “Hey bro, I’ve seen him several times on TV.”

“Stop talking about the past!” Tanner yelled.

“That geezer can’t sense the tension in the air,” One of Tanner’s men said.

“Talking about Tanner’s past is not allowed,” Another man said.

“Hey geezer! When I talk about the rules on the inside, it means that you have to Duel me to determine your rank. The lower rank must obey the higher rank!” Tanner explained.

“You’re lucky I don’t have my Deck, otherwise I’d give you a good thrashing!” Rainbow yelled.

“That’s what I thought. Since I thought this was going to happen, I brought a Deck. My Deck is incredible. It’s the rarest of the rare! I call it the Treasure Deck! Look” Yanagi said as he got out several of his cards and tried to show them off.

“Treasure Deck?” One man asked.

“The rarest of the rare?” Another man asked.

“It’s good that you’re prepared. What about you?” Tanner asked Yusei.

“I don’t have one,” Yusei said in disappointment.

“Just like my new roommate. You’re a trespasser from Satellite. That means you won’t have a Deck. Just by being a citizen of Satellite, you’re the lowest of the low,” Tanner whispered.

“Well now, my bro didn’t know anything. Take it easy on me, Tanner-chan,” Yanagi said.

“Stop saying my name like that!” Tanner yelled.

“Let me borrow a Duel Disk.” Yanagi got a Duel Disk placed on his arm. “I’m so happy that I can Duel against Tanner-chan,” Yanagi said.

“Geezer!” Tanner yelled in annoyance.

“Be careful, Tanner,” one man said.

“He said it’s the rarest of the rare. I’m scared,” another man said.

“He’s just bragging. I’ll break through his disguise,” Tanner gloated.

“Oh really? Am I bragging? Watch, bro,” Yanagi said as he looked towards Yusei.

“Well, either way I guess we’ll be in for an impressive duel Yusei,” Rainbow Dash said, uncertain of what to think.

“Grandpa, I’ll let you go first,” Tanner said.

Yanagi laughed. “Okay, let’s Duel! My turn! First, I’ll show you this! It’s an incredible card that I acquired recently! This card was found deep in South America and depicts a strange ancient item!”

“Stop bragging and hurry up and play it, geezer,” Tanner rushed his opponent.

“Watch and be shocked!” Yanagi kissed his card. “I summon Crystal Skull in Defense Position (0 Defense)!” Everyone was in shock and awe at the monster’s summoning. “Come out, Crystal Skull!” Yanagi then got zapped by his own card, losing 1000 Life Points. “Why?”

“Wait, this card does damage to the user? Why?” Rainbow asked as she facepalmed.

Tanner

4000

Yanagi

3000

Tanner’s men were laughing. “Don’t you know that card’s monster effect?” One man said.

“The player who summons Crystal Skull takes 1000 points of damage,” Another man said.

“Oh no! No wonder it’s an ancient treasure. There’s a curse on it!” Yanagi cried.

Tanner’s men continued to laugh. “I can’t believe you put such a useless card in your Deck,” Tanner belittled.

“Oh yeah! There’s a rumor that Crystal Skull’s elaborate designs could only be created using modern methods,” One of Tanner’s men said.

Tanner laughed as he said, “That means it’s a forgery.”

“That’s not true! Ancient people created Crystal Skull using techniques that even we don’t know about!” Yanagi countered.

“Well… At least eggheads like Twilight will be into this kind of information,” Rainbow figured.

“That’s enough! It’s the end of your turn, right?” Tanner made sure.

“Uh-hu.”

“Then it’s my turn. I activate the spell card Cost Down! Until the end phase, the level of all monsters is decreased by two!” Tanner played.

“Lower the level?” Yanagi asked in confusion.

“All I did was make my skill level in Dueling match yours, grandpa. I discard one card in my hand and summon level 6 Ushi Oni (2150 Attack)!” The monster shocked Yanagi.

“Ushi Oni!” One of Tanner’s men said.

“He said that he would lower his skill level, but he brought out Ushi Oni. Tanner is cruel,” Another man said.

Tanner laughed. “Due to Cost Down, level 6 Ushi Oni becomes level 4, so I can summon it without releasing another monster. Ushi Oni, attack Crystal Skull!”

“No! Don’t destroy my crystal Skull!” Yanagi pleaded, only for the plea to fall on deaf ears and the monster to be destroyed. All the men cheered as Yanagi was horrified. “No! My Crystal Skull!”

“It’s fate that fakes quickly vanish. It’s your turn, grandpa,” Tanner said mockingly. “Bring it.”

“It’s time for my next card. I draw! This is pretty good too. Its Defense Points are excellent! Look at this card. I summon it in Defense Position (2200 Defense)!” Yanagi played.

“Whoa! For a defensive card that looks pretty good,” Rainbow said.

“I’ve never seen a card like this!” One of Tanner’s men was amazed.

“That’s Ashoka Pillar,” another of Tanner’s men said.

“That’s right. Ashoka Pillar is a mysterious iron pole that exists in India. Thuis perfect Iron Pole was made using techniques that didn’t exist during that era!” Yanagi explained.

“Grandpa, do you really want to Duel? You’ve played nothing but lame cards! Are you making fun of me?” Tanner demanded.

“I don’t think so, man. But still, you shouldn’t belittle him like this!” Rainbow Dash countered.

“I’ll belittle him all I want!! After all, he’s insulting me with his lame deck!” Tanner yelled back.

“I’ll show you even more shocking cards! From my hand, I equip the spell card spirit mask on Ashoka Pillar!” Yanagi played.

“So? What are you planning to do with that?” Tanner asked.

“Stay tuned. I end my turn.”

“My turn. I draw! Grandpa, all you want to do is show off your cards. All your cards are useless garbage that don’t work well together!” Tanner criticized, much to Yusei and Rainbow’s anger.

“Hey! Don’t say that about Yanagi’s Deck! I’ve come to learn that every Deck can work. There has to be a way to make his Deck work,” Rainbow Dash countered.

“This is a waste of time! I’ll wipe away those garbage cards! First, I release Ushi Oni!” Tanner played.

“Why?” Yanagi asked.

“I special summon Giant Ushi Oni (2600 Attack)!”

“Oh my!”

“Giant Ushi Oni is a monster that can only be summoned by releasing Ushi Oni. Giant Ushi Oni, attack Ashoka Pillar! Specter’s Bite!” Tanner yelled.
“Well done, Tanner!” One of Tanner’s men said as Yanagi was horrified.

“You’re pathetic. But don’t think you’ve escaped yet! When Ashoka Pillar is destroyed, you take 2000 points of damage!” Tanner reminded Yanagi.

Tanner

4000

Yanagi

1000

“And don’t forget the effect of Spirit Mask. When that card is sent to the graveyard, you have to send another card in your hand to the graveyard,” Tanner reminded his opponent.

“Oh yeah,” Yanagi remembered as he sent a card from his hand to the graveyard.

“It takes skill to gather that many useless cards,” one of Tanner’s men said, which angered Yusei.

“Giant Ushi Oni’s monster effect! If it destroys your monster in battle, it can attack again! Attack Grandpa Directly!” Tanner finished off Yanagi’s Life Points.

“Are you okay, grandpa?” Yusei asked as he helped pick up Yanagi.

Rainbow Dash also went over to help up Yanagi. “To be honest, you could probably find a way to win with that Deck.”

“Thanks, you two,” Yanagi accepted their help, then ran over to collect his Treasure Deck.

“Grandpa, you lose. Sheesh,” Tanner said as he walked over to Yanagi. “Not only didn’t I lose any Life Points, but you Dueled in a manner that was insulting to me!” Tanner stepped on one of Yanagi’s cards. “Grandpa, I give you the lowest rank possible!”

“I wasn’t insulting you. I just wanted to show these cards to an incredible Duelist like you! I love these cards! Am I not allowed to love them? It’s true that I don’t know much about effects and such. But I love these cards because they tell me about the mysteries of the human world. Please move your foot. My precious cards are in pain!” Tanner started to dig his foot into the card, scraping it against the floor. “How horrible!”

“Ugh! You’re almost as annoying as that purple haired bookworm that I met back before I got sent here. Still, at least she was a talented Duelist,” Tanner said.

“Wait. Did this bookworm use a magician Deck?” Rainbow asked.

“Well, yeah. She knew what she was doing all right. Wait. Why am I telling you this?” Tanner said.

Rainbow’s face grew into a smile for a moment. That meant that Twilight was also here, somewhere in the city. She just needed to find her now.

Yusei grabbed Tanner’s shoulder and then proceeded to trip him with his leg.

“What are you doing, you punk!” Tanner demanded.

“Will you let me borrow that Deck?” Yusei kindly asked Yanagi, much to his confusion. “I want to win with that Deck. You said you were a professional Duelist, so Duel me.”

“Interesting. You’re saying that you can beat me with that lame Deck?”

“Of the numerous cards in existence, there is not a single useless card,” Yusei said, much to Yanagi’s joy.

“Satellite punk, do you know how to Duel?” Tanner asked Yusei.

“You’ll find out soon enough,” Yusei responded.

“Yeah! Yusei will show you that all cards are useful!” Rainbow Dash cheered.

Tanner proceeded to smile, “You’re just gonna quickly fail and embarrass yourself.”

“If you want to quit, now’s the time,” One of Tanner’s men said.

“What can you do with that lame Deck?” Another of Tanner’s men asked.

“Tanner, finish him off fast,” A third man said.

“Bro, will you be okay?” Yanagi asked in concern.

“Just watch,” Yusei simply responded.

Yanagi then remembered the Crimson Dragon’s appearance and wondered if Yusei was connected. “You… Who are you?”

“You’re going to learn your place,” Tanner said as they both prepared their Duel Disks.

“Duel!” Both Duelists cried out.

“My turn. I draw!” Tanner smiled upon seeing what he drew. “From my hand, I summon Jirai Gumo (2200 Attack)!”

“It appeared!” Yanagi was getting worried.

“All right! He already summoned it on the first turn. Jirai Gumo is level 4, but it has 2200 Attack Points. Tanner, give him the jitters!” One of Tanner's men said.

“I set two cards facedown. I end my turn,” Tanner said.

“I remember Jirai Gumo’s effect. It has a chance of halving the Life Points of the user if they attack. He must be planning to block attacks and then summon another card on the next turn,” Rainbow Dash realized.

“Wow, for a Satellite punk you actually know something. Impressive,” Tanner noted with begrudging respect.

“Grandpa. A Duel breathes life into cards. It’s the role of the Duelist to give rhythm that life. If the cards felt pain when they were stepped on, then it is the role of the Duelist to win and give them happiness,” Yusei said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, a hefty dark skinned man was watching the Duel between Yusei and Tanner. The man was plucking nose hairs when he decided to call director Goodwin, who was walking toward his home.

“Understood. Please continue to keep an eye on him,” Goodwin hung up the phone. “The man from Satellite has started Dueling at the detention center.” Goodwin informed Jack, who was walking with him along with Spike and Pinkie Pie. They all walked into Goodwin’s home. “King, Pseudo Signer and friend, I’m taking you to a room that you have never seen before.” They went through the elevator to a different part of the mansion. “I’ll give you a glimpse of the true nature of the Public Maintenance Department,” Rex said as they went down to a basement level of the mansion. When they got there, they walked through a stone hallway into a room with a temple that had a crimson red glow. “Please calm yourself and look forward.” Jack proceeded to look at his mark upon seeing it on the temple. “Have you noticed it? King, the mark you have on your arm symbolizes the wing of the Crimson Dragon.”

“Crimson Dragon…” Jack muttered.

“Yes. The Crimson Dragon you saw at Duel Stadium, king.”

“Oh! So the Crimson Dragon isn’t just the color. It’s the name of the dragon too! So, what does the dragon do?” Pinkie Pie wondered.

“Uh, Pinkie?” Spike whispered as Rex gave them a glare.

“I’ll tell you both more in a little bit,” Rex simply responded.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s my turn,” Yusei said as he drew a card.

“I had that card in my hand last time,” Yanagi said as Yusei grabbed Crystal Skull. “Don’t do it! If you summon that, you’ll take 1000 points of damage!”

“I summon Crystal Skull in Defense Position (0 Defense)! “

“See, I told you so,” Yanagi commented as everyone else but Rainbow laughed.

“You’re messing around. Go ahead and self-destruct,” Tanner said.

“Self-destruct? Why would I do that? From my hand, I activate the quick-play spell card Curse Reflection Doll,” Yusei played.

“That card is…” Yanagi muttered. The damage that Yusei would have taken got reflected and hit Tanner instead.

“What?” Tanner was confused.

Tanner

3000

Yusei

4000

“What’s going on? Tanner lost 1000 Life Points!” One man was confused.

“And that Satellite punk took zero damage, even though he was the one who summoned Crystal Skull,” Another man said.

“I get it. This Deck works by reflecting damage to the opponent!” Rainbow Dash realized.

“What did you do? What was that card?” Tanner demanded.

“Curse Reflection Doll. Due to its effect, the damage I take becomes zero, and you take damage equal to what I would have taken,” Yusei explained.

“He dealt Crystal Skull’s damage to Tanner,” one man said.

“You used the curse of Crystal Skull to your advantage,” Yanagi realized.

“The card answered to me. Though derided as useless, Crystal Skull gains great power due to the power of its friends,” Yusei explained.

“Friends?” Yanagi was confused.

“The cards you gathered are its friends,” Yusei explained.

“Bro, you’re incredible,” Yanagi said in awe.

“Tanner, that was just luck. There’s no way you can lose to a Satellite punk!” one man said.

“You’re wrong. It wasn’t luck. He knows how to Duel. It’s getting me excited. For the first time in a while, I can battle seriously,” Tanner complimented Yusei.

“I end my turn,” Yusei said.

“This is the first time I’ve seen Tanner look like that,” one man said.

“My turn! I draw! I release Jirai Gumo to summon Ushi Oni (2150 Attack)!” Tanner summoned.

“Why? Jirai Gumo has higher Attack Points,” Yanagi didn’t understand.

“Don’t underestimate Tanner!” one man said.

“The real show is about to start!” another man said.

“I get it. He plans on summoning Giant Ushi Oni. Watch out, Yusei!” Rainbow Dash warned her friend.

“I release Ushi Oni to special summon Giant Ushi Oni (2600 Attack)!” Tanner yelled out. “Giant Ushi Oni, attack Crystal Skull! Specter’s Bite! Giant Ushi Oni’s monster effect! When this card destroys one of your monsters in battle, it is allowed to attack again! Attack him directly!”

Tanner

3000

Yusei

1400

“Bro!” Yanagi was worried.

“He’s all talk,” One man said.

“I end my turn. Now, summon a monster!” Tanner said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Neo Domino City’s Public Maintenance Department is just our current incarnation. We have inherited the power of the people of the stars who brings peace to the world. That name is Iliaster,” Rex explained.

“Iliaster?” Jack asked.

“What is that? Some kind of magical force?” Pinkie asked.

“The word means “The first matter of all things.” Government, economy, military, everything that controls the world is run by the people who swear allegiance to Iliaster. Iliaster is an organization that watches over the world and guides it down the right path. I, Rex Goodwin, is the 360th Star Guardian.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“From my hand, I summon Ashoka Pillar in Defense Position (2200 Defense)!” Yusei played.

Tanner’s men proceeded to laugh. “There’s another one. A useless stick that only has high Defense Points,” one man said.

“Hurry up and destroy that one, too,” another man said.

“Be quiet,” Tanner ordered, shocking everyone. “Let me see how much you can squeeze out of that Deck.”

“From my hand, I activate the equip spell Stonehenge. With stonehenge, I can special summon a monster with zero Attack Points from the graveyard and equip this on to it. I special summon Crystal Skull in Defense Position (0 Defense)!” Yusei proceeded to take damage from Crystal Skull’s effect.

Tanner

3000

Yusei

400

Tanner’s men proceeded to laugh at this. “Tanner, you’re overestimating him,” One man said.

“Bring out Crystal Skull? Is there no limit to his insanity?” another man said.

“No, you’re wrong. After Giant Ushi Oni destroys a monster, it can battle again. If he doesn’t have two monsters on his field, his Life Points will instantly become zero,” Tanner explained.

“Yeah! Yusei truly is great, and he’ll show you all,” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“So those two monsters are just for blocking purposes,” one man said.

“I see. He chose a way to survive Tanner’s attack, even if that meant taking damage,” another man said.

“But he made a mistake,” Tanner grinned.

“What do you mean?” asked one of the men.

“When Ashoka Pillar is destroyed, he takes 2000 points of damage.”

“He’s right bro. If Giant Ushi Oni attacks you, it’s over,” Yanagi warned.

“Do you really believe that?” asked Yusei. “I set one card and end my turn.”

“Like I thought, he placed a trap,” Tanner thought. However… that’s what I’m aiming for.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Iliaster. It originated 3,000 years ago in the Andes Mountains of South America. King, let me lead you to the pre-Inca civilization,” Rex said as he raised his arm. All of a sudden, the environment around the two changed to a past version of the temple. “In the past, the people of the stars built the giant stone civilization known as the temple of heaven. They revered the dragon star, which was said to govern all of creation, as their god. All the wisdom held by the stars was handed down to the ruler, the star dragon king. Through the star dragon king, the people were led by the stars, and they built a unique society and civilization. However, as it happens quite often, evil wars threatened the peace. When that happened, the star dragon king prayed to the dragon star for salvation. And the dragon star answered. The Crimson Dragon, which is the incarnation of god, came down and sealed the incarnation of evil into the ground.”

“Into the ground?” Jack asked.

“Yes. Right here,” Rex said as he changed the scenery to the Nazca Lines.

“The Nazca Lines?” Jack was confused.

“So what? Is the darkness going to come back like with Discord? Nightmare Moon? Or Sombra?” Pinkie Pie was curious.

“Who are they?” Jack asked Pinkie.

“Oh they’re…,” Pinkie began only for Spike to cover her mouth.

“They’re book characters! They totally aren’t real at all!” Spike lied badly, and Jack could see it. However, he wasn’t interested in learning more from them right now so he decided to continue listening to Rex Goodwin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“My turn. I draw!” Tanner grinned as he saw his card was Nobleman of Crossout. “I’ll see the identity of your set card. Battle!”

Yanagi proceeded to freak out. “Stay away!”

“Giant Ushi Oni, attack Ashoka Pillar! Specter’s Bite!”

“I activate the continuous trap Totem Pole!” Yusei cried out, much to Yanagi’s glee and the crowd’s shock. “Totem Pole negates your monsters’ attacks up to three times.”

“That’s pretty good. I didn’t know it had that effect,” Yanagi gleefully said.

Tanner, however, laughed. “You fell into my trap, Satellite Punk. I activate the continuous trap Spiderweb Castle! Spiderweb Castle can activate when the opponent activates a trap. With this card, when your monster attacks, that monster’s Attack Points are halved. Furthermore, if I send this card to the graveyard, I can attack you directly. There's no way you can win, Satellite Punk!”

“Will you be okay, bro? Did you hear what he said?” Yanagi was getting worried.

“Hey, Yusei can find a way to win in spite of that trap card. I wouldn’t worry Yanagi,” Rainbow Dash reassured.
` “I set one card and end my turn,” Tanner said. He then proceeded to think, “Now come at me. My field is perfect. With Trap Hole, if you summon a monster with 1000 or more Attack Points, it will be destroyed. If you try to attack, Mirror Force will destroy your monsters in Attack Position. This Duel has me fired up. I’ve forgotten how this felt. It reminds me of that time...The exciting world of professional Dueling. And my final opponent…” He remembered that he lost against Jack Atlas in a Turbo Duel.

“You said you were good enough to face the king, but this was all you could do? This was the worst Duel ever,” he remembered Jack saying to him.

“After that, I kept falling,” Tanner continued to think. “I quit being a professional. However, I couldn’t abandon Dueling. I competed underground against hooligans and barely pulled off victories. I clung on to victories among the garbage. I was completely absorbed in illegal Duels until I finally ended up here. What a pathetic story. I like you since you were able to get me this excited. I can't lose this Duel!”

“It’s my turn. I believe in you. Let’s show grandpa your victory. If I can just get one more monster… come!” Yusei drew, smiling upon seeing the card he drew, much to the shock of Tanner and his men.

“He smiled,” One of the men said.

“I guess that he managed to draw a good card,” Rainbow Dash commented.

“I activate the spell card Piri Reis Map!” Yusei played.

“Who cares. That’s just a map,” a man commented.

“You shouldn’t underestimate it. Piri Reis Map is from the Middle Ages…” Yanagi said.

“There he goes again,” One man interrupted.

“We’ve had enough of your stories!” Another man said.

“Piri Reis Map allows me to add one monster with 0 Attack Points in my Deck to my hand. I summon the card that was added to my hand. Cabrera Stone!” Yusei summoned the monster only for his Life Points to be cut in half.

Tanner

3000

Yusei

200

“What’s that rock?” One man asked.

“It’s Cabrera Stone! It’s incredible. Humans and dinosaurs…” Yanagi said.

“Enough of your talk!” one man interrupted.

“But what a spectacle!” Yanagi was excited. “Crystal Skull and Cabrera Stone and Ashoka Pillar! I’m getting goosebumps! You can’t see this in any museum! “

“What is the meaning of this? Due to Piri Reis Map’s effect, if you summon the card you added to your hand, your Life Points are halved. Now you only have 200 Life Points. Why did you choose that card?” Tanner asked in confusion.

“To win. When Crystal Skull, Ashoka Pillar and Cabrera Stone are on my field, there’s a card that I can activate,” Yusei said as he showed a card.

“That’s…” Yanagi said.

“I activate the spell card Triangle O!” Yusei played the card, which proceeded to crack all the cards on Yusei’s field and move onto Tanner’s field.

“What? It’s even coming on to my field?” Every card on both fields were cracking and preparing to break.

“They’ll all be destroyed!” One man yelled.

“Awesome! So this is the Power of Triangle O!” Yanagi was amazed.

“Triangle O destroys all cards on the field. Then the damage I would have taken due to the destroyed cards’ effects will be dealt to you,” Yusei explained as Tanner’s Life Points drained to 0.

“Alright! Yusei won!” Rainbow Dash was excited.

“Tanner! Are you okay?” One man asked.

“Bro, you’re awesome! You won by reflecting back 3000 points of damage that you were going to take. I didn’t think that was possible,” Yanagi was excited.

Yusei smiled. “I just fulfilled the wishes of the cards.”

“Bro…” Yanagi said as he jumped onto Yusei and tried to kiss his cheek.

Tanner stood back up. “He managed to defeat Tanner without even battling once,” One man said.

“That punk! How dare he do this to Tanner!” Another man yelled.

Just as the two men were walking forward, Tanner stopped them. “Wait.”

“Tanner…” One of the men was surprised.

Tanner walked towards Yusei. “You won without even attacking once. You were chosen by the cards. That was a good strategy. I’m amazed. I didn’t know a Duel like this was possible. What’s your name?”

“Yusei,” Yusei answered.

“Grandpa, I’m sorry that I stepped on your cards,” Tanner apologized. “And you, Rainbow Dash, sorry for all the trouble I gave you.”

“It’s fine. I’ve dealt with worse people before,” Rainbow Dash accepted the apology.

“It’s fine. More importantly, look at this,” Yanagi said as he held up some cards. “Doesn’t it look like Crystal Skull is smiling? Bro, you’re really incredible!”

“It would be a waste if you’re stuck here,” Tanner told Yusei. “I want to send you to the world of the pros. Will you Duel me again?” Tanner held out his hand.

“Anytime,” Yusei accepted the handshake.

“So, what happened to that purple haired girl you were talking about, Tanner?” Rainbow asked.

“Oh, her. She ran off after our Duel. Though, to be fair, she and her friend were almost as good as Yusei,” Tanner answered.

Suddenly, some guards entered the room. “Number 88! The chief wants a word with you. Come with us,” One guard said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back with Goodwin and Jack…

“The evil was sealed into the ground, but like rain water seeping underground over time, it has seeped all over the world. Look at the current world. War, poverty, incurable illnesses, economic chaos. There is no peace from the era of the people of the stars. The only utopia is Neo Domino City. You must understand by now. In the near future, the evil god sealed in Nazca will resurrect. It will feed on the evil in people’s hearts,” Rex told Jack.

“What?” Jack was shocked.

“So this darkness is like Sombra and Nightmare Moon!” Pinkie yelled.

“In a way, yes. We are preparing for the day when the evil god resurrects and will summon the Crimson Dragon that will protect the people. We are searching for Signers and Pseudo Signers that have the Mark of the Dragon. Only with them will we stand a chance at fighting the Earthbound Immortals.”

Jack pulled up his sleeve and looked at his mark. “With this mark, that means I’m one of them.”

Comments ( 2 )

Interesting that Applejack is with Crow.

And interesting on how Spike can see the auras of Signers and such. Wonder how much of that will be explored?

You should indicate, in your story information, that it is a sequel to the GX story.

Login or register to comment