• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 970 Views, 12 Comments

Duel Monsters Are Magic 5ds - snivygamer97



The Main 6 are separated in Neo Domino City and Satellite as humans.

  • ...
2
 12
 970

The Battle of Destiny! Ace Dragons Clash!

Yusei and Rainbow Dash stopped just outside of the plant in Neo Domino City, with Yusei noticing Jack on the road up above. “Jack…”

The king proceeded to laugh before saying, “Long time no see, Yusei.” Jack stopped to give Yusei time to speak but he didn’t. So, instead, Jack continued, “When I was looking at the moon, I had a feeling you would show up. How many years has it been?”

Yusei answered, “Two years.”

“Yeah. Two years since you backstabbed him!” Rainbow yelled.

“So, you’re not the only one with a strange girl plastered to you,” Jack was intrigued. “Still, two years… You built a nice Duel Runner. I’m impressed.”

“It’s because you rode off with the one I made before,” Yusei bitterly responded.

Jack proceeded to grin. “A king never lets a chance pass by.”

“Hey! Don’t talk like you did nothing! Remember, you stole the original Runner and Stardust Dragon! Not only that, but you have my card Red Dragon Archfiend! You don’t deserve to wield those dragons!” Rainbow yelled angrily.

“What? You also have a Red Dragon Archfiend? It’s a one of a kind card, you know. Still, I’m impressed that someone from that garbage hell owns another copy of my card,” Jack noted.

“Well, do you wanna see it in action where he’ll beat some sense into you?” Rainbow asked the king tauntingly.

“Calm down, Rainbow Dash. I hate him too, but we’ll get nowhere by being violent,” Spike warned.

“No thanks. I would be interested in seeing if Yusei has gotten better, if he has the guts to face me,” Jack refused. “By the way, how did you get a Duel Runner? Did you have Yusei make you one?” Jack wondered.

“I won it from a Sector Security officer,” Rainbow answered.

“Wait, who is this girl you are talking about?” Spike demanded from the king.

“So, Jackie, where are we headed? Also, who are you talking to?” A familiar voice asked the king. When Rainbow land Spike looked up, they were quick to recognize their friend Pinkie Pie getting up and standing next to Jack, her grin growing to be even bigger upon noticing that Rainbow Dash and Spike were on the road below. “Rainbow Dash! Spike! So great to see you! Thanks for finding them for me! So, does this mean we’re friends?”

“I told you before. A king doesn’t need friends. Still, I suppose it is interesting that you all know each other,” Jack said.

“Anyway, where is my old Runner now?” Yusei interrupted, wanting to know what happened to his Duel Runner.

Jack answered, “It broke down by now, of course.”

Yusei and Rainbow proceeded to clench their fists upon hearing this. Yusei then demanded, “Where’s my card?”

“Stardust Dragon?” Jack asked as he pulled it out of his pocket and held it out in between his index and middle finger.

“It was our dream,” Yusei said.

“Dream?” Jack asked, confused.

“It was the dream of all my Satellite friends.”

“You’re still saying those childish things? Now that I’m king, this card is useless to me. You can have it back!” Jack flung the card back to Yusei who proceeded to catch the card and stared at it. “What’s wrong? Put it in your Deck.”

“Yeah, Yusei! Go ahead and put it in! This is what you wanted, right?” Rainbow Dash asked.

However, Yusei was quick to fling the card back to Jack, stood up, and said, “I’ll get it back from you in a Duel! That’s also why you came, right?”

Jack went from confused to grinning in an instant. “Fine. I’m going to enjoy having a Turbo Duel against you!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yusei and Rainbow Dash were following Jack and Pinkie Pie on their Duel Runner in order to find the location in which they were going to Duel.

“Look, Yusei! This is the skyline of Neo Domino City! Neo Domino City never sleeps. It keeps on pulsating and continues to expand. This city is alive and continues to grow endlessly. And from now on, I will continue to reign here as king! You can start to see it from here, Yusei,” Jack said as Yusei turned his attention from Jack to the stadium up ahead. “It’s Duel Stadium.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It spins! Neo Domino City gives rise to infinite power because it spins! Its name is
“Moment.” Neo Domino City created Moment, the ultimate energy development system, and it keeps spinning. The rotational power led to a huge leap in the development of the Duel Disk, bringing the Solid Vision system to a whole new level! Without the grace of Moment, the development of mankind is not possible,” Zigzig explained in excitement, making several poses as he spoke, panting as soon as he was finished.

“Zigzig. As always, I fully understand your love for Moment. Please get to the point,” Rex Goodwin said.

“I’m prepared,” Zigzig said.

“Is what you have to say so important that you had to call us in the middle of the night?” Rex asked.

“Of course! Please listen and watch,” Zigzig said as a red hologram of a blueprint appeared. “We at Kaibacorp’s Moment Research Development Division, also known as MIDS, have finally completed the Neo Domino City Perfect Moment Project! So Neo Domino City now has the most powerful energy, which is also known as God’s Intelligence!” Noticing the lack of enthusiasm with Rex and the others, he calmed down and said, “For specifics, please look at the documents while I explain.”

A blue haired woman approached Rex and whispered something in his ear. “What?” Rex asked. “Zigzig, I apologize, but I must leave because there is a problem that I must deal with. I’m sorry, but I’m excusing myself.” Rex said as he and the blue haired girl left.

“Understood,” Zigzig responded.

As Rex and the woman named Mina left, Rex asked, “Why didn’t you stop the king? If it’s discovered that he has a connection with the people of Satellite, his glory that we built will crumble in an instant.”

“I’m sorry. I did tell him that to try to stop him, but Master Atlas acts like this on perfect nights,” Mina apologized. Rex suddenly grabbed Mina by the throat with his hand in anger.

“There is no need for excuses,” Rex responded, with Mina nervously nodding. Satisfied with the response, Rex let Mina go and she backed away from Rex. “Please remember what I said.”

Rex began to walk away, with Mina bowing and apologizing, “I’m sorry.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A purple haired man named Lazar was standing watching the workers below him when the door opening behind him suddenly caught his attention. When he turned around, he saw that Rex and Mina were there. “I’ve been waiting for you, Director,” Lazar greeted Goodwin, while giving a disapproving look at Mina. Lazar then turned on the screen in the room, which showed Jack, Pinkie Pie, Yusei, Spike, and Rainbow Dash inside of the Duel Arena.

“The king is at Duel Stadium?” Goodwin asked.

“This Satellite person also drives a Duel Runner along with his Rainbow haired friend,” Lazar explained.

“A perfect night…” Rex Goodwin muttered.

“Should I inform Security?” Lazar asked.

“No. Not yet,” Rex responded.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Duel Stadium…

Rainbow, Spike, and Pinkie had gotten into the stands in order to watch the upcoming Duel while Jack and Yusei were on the track.

“This is my battlefield, Yusei. It feels good to be chased. It makes me feel that I’m the king. A king must always protect his status!” Jack waited for Yusei to speak, but decided to continue when Yusei said nothing. “Defending is more difficult than attacking. However, I’m the king because I fulfill those obligations!” Suddenly, the lights began to turn on as Jack got out a card. After Yusei got over the change in the lighting, he looked and saw that Jack was holding Stardust Dragon. “You’ve already lost your chance to get Stardust back! You made a foolish choice!” Jack said as he placed Stardust Dragon into his Deck.

Both Jack and Yusei prepared their Duel Runners for their Duel. “Now, let’s have some fun, though it’s a little sad that there are no spectators,” Jack said.

Rainbow Dash yelled in response, “You’ll be glad that there are no spectators when you lose!”

“Dashie, don’t be rude! Jackie just wants to have a fun duel with Yusei,” Pinkie Pie defended.

“Jackie?” Spike was confused.

Jack was a little upset at the insult, but hid it well. He then pushed the button for Speed World to activate. “Duel Mode on. Autopilot Standby.” Both Duel Runners were ready for the Duel. The sky around everyone turned purple as the Duel was about to begin.

“Duel!” Both Duelists yelled as they began driving.

“Challenger, you go first!” Jack offered to his former friend.

“My turn! I summon Quillbolt Hedgehog in Defense Position (800 Defense).” Yusei played.

“I haven’t seen that in awhile. My turn. I summon Mad Archfiend in Attack Position (1800 Attack). Yusei, watch how the king Duels in amazement! Destroy it! Bone splash! Now Mad Archfiend’s monster effect! You take piercing damage!”

Yusei

3000

Jack

4000

“Do you understand? By preempting your actions, I protect myself. You probably thought that even if you have weak monsters, you won’t take damage as long as you put them in Defense Position. Those tiny seams eventually become large tears. You will never be able to reach Stardust!” Jack explained.

“You talk too much,” Yusei simply responded.

“You tell him, Yusei!” Rainbow yelled. “Now, time to turn this Duel around!”

“Good luck to both of you!” Pinkie Pie cried out.

“Umm, Pinkie, who’s side are you on?” Rainbow asked.

“Both sides, of course,” Pinkie responded as Rainbow shook her head.

“You do know that Jack is the bad guy here, right?” Spike asked Pinkie Pie.

“No. What, did he rob a bank?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“No! He stole Yusei’s Duel Runner and Stardust Dragon card!” Rainbow yelled.

“That’s mean! But who knows? Maybe they can patch things up after the duel,” Pinkie Pie optimistically said.

Right off the bat, the pace belongs to the king. He uses his words and voice as weapons to overwhelm the challenger. That boy will not be able to defeat the king,” Lazar said as he snickered. Rex, meanwhile, was watching without saying a word.
“My turn! I summon the Tuner monster Junk Synchron (1300 Attack)!”

“He’s initiating his plan,” Jack thought.

“With Quillbolt Hedgehog’s monster effect, when a Tuner monster is on my field, I can summon it from the graveyard.”

“I knew you would do that. Now do your tuning!”

“Here I go! Junk Synchron tunes Quillbolt Hedgehog! The stars come together to call forth a new power! Become the path that lights the way! Synchro Summon! Come, Junk Warrior (2300 Attack)!” Yusei played.

“You brought it out much earlier than I expected!” Jack noted.

“Overestimating yourself will lead to your self-destruction, Jack! Junk Warrior, Attack Mad Archfiend! Scrap Fist!” Junk Warrior punched out Mad Archfiend effortlessly.

“Great job, Yusei! Now, keep it up!” Rainbow Dash cheered Yusei on, while Jack seemed unconcerned.

“Come on Jack, you can still win!” Pinkie Pie cried out.

Yusei

3000

Jack

3500

“My turn!” Jack drew the card Spacegate and smiled. “I summon Twin-Shield Defender in Defense Position! Then I set one card and end my turn!”

“Why didn’t he attack? What can that facedown card be?” Yusei thought.

“Now it’s your turn, Yusei!” Jack reminded his opponent.

“From my hand, I summon Speed Warrior (900 Attack)! With Junk Warrior’s monster effect, the Attack Points of Level 2-or-below monsters on my field are added to Junk Warrior’s Attack Points. Power of Fellows (3200 Attack)!”

“Your strategies haven’t changed at all,” Jack noted.

Yusei growled,”Battle! With Speed Warrior’s monster effect, its original attack points are doubled on the turn in which is summoned (1800 Attack)! Break through! Sonic Edge!” Speed Warrior destroyed Twin-Shield Defender, only for a strange energy to be left behind, which Yusei was not happy to see.

“It’s Twin-Shield Defender’s monster effect. When this card is destroyed in battle while it is in Defense Position, the Attack Points of one of your monsters is halved until the end of the turn (1600 Attack),” Jack explained.

“However, the monster you had as your shield is gone!” Yusei took a look at the facedown card Jack had. “I will attack without fear,” Yusei thought. “Junk Warrior, attack the player directly!” Jack smirked upon hearing this. “Scrap Fist!”

Yusei

3000

Jack

1900

“Hey, Rainbow. Have you noticed that all the cards that Jack has played so far are all cards that are in your Deck?” Pinkie Pie noted.

Rainbow noted this, but tried to deny it, “It’s probably just a coincidence.”

“Well, to be fair, you share quite a few cards with Yusei as well,” Spike reminded Rainbow.

“Good point,” Rainbow was much more okay with admitting.

“You’re no good,” Jack replied to Yusei.

“What?” Yusei was confused.

“You look calm on the surface, but you quickly get hotheaded. That’s the reason why you always lost against me!”

“What?”

“You are afraid of me! That’s why you repeatedly become impatient and Attack and don’t realize that I’ve been playing you like a puppet!” Jack revealed.

“Play me like a puppet?” Yusei thought.

“The requirements to use this have been met. I activate the continuous trap Spacegate!” Yusei and his monsters were all blinded by the light that formed. Eventually, the light cleared and two light orbs surrounded Jack’s Duel Runner. “Stargate gains Gate Counters equal to the number of times your monsters battled this turn. You initiated battle twice. Therefore, it gains two Gate Counters!”

“I can’t believe that Jack was able to trick Yusei like that!” Spike yelled.

“I place one card facedown and end my turn,” Yusei said as Speed Warrior’s Attack Points returned to 900 and Junk Warrior’s to 3200. “He lured me into attacking him directly.” Yusei thought to himself.

“The pace is still with Atlas,” Mina said.
“That boy isn’t bad, but the king has played him like a puppet from the start, so he still has much to learn,” Lazar laughed as Rex Goodwin just watched the Duel with interest.
Jack laughed as he said, “I sense it! I sense it, Yusei! You’re unsure of yourself!” Jack proceeded to rush forward and steered his Runner so that it is going backwards down the glass of the track. “I pretend to be in trouble, but then with a brilliant counterattack, I bring catharsis to the crowd! This is how a king Duels!”

“You talk too much,” Yusei simply responded.

“While the chased is full of confidence, the chaser is nervous! Yusei! Right now, you’re the chaser and I’m the chased! My turn!” Jack yelled as he repositioned his Runner to drive forward again.

“Here it comes,” Yusei realized.

“I activate a speed spell Speed Fusion! This card is a speed spell-specific fusion card. I can activate this when I have four or more Speed Counters.The cards I’m going to fuse are these cards. I fusion summon by fusing Big Piece Golem and Medium Piece Golem together. Come, my servant. Multiple Piece Golem (2600 Attack)!” Jack yelled as he summoned his powerful fusion monster. He waited for Yusei to speak but he didn’t say anything. “Multiple Piece Golem, destroy Speed Warrior!”

“I activate the trap card Defense Draw! When I take damage due to an attack by your monster, the battle damage becomes zero and I get to draw one card,” Yusei responded to the attack.

“I knew that would be your facedown card. You always improvise to avoid danger. However, since Speed Warrior is gone, Junk Warrior’s Attack Points decrease (2300 Attack).” Jack turned around to drive backwards yet again. “Now Yusei! The time has come! I’ll show you how a king duels! At the end of the battle phase in which Multiple Piece Golem battled, I can undo the fusion to special summon the fusion-material monsters from the graveyard. Next up is Medium Piece Golem’s (1600 Attack) monster effect. When Big Piece Golem (2100 Attack) is on my field, I can special summon a certain monster from my Deck. That monster is Small Piece Golem (1100 Attack)!”

“It’s getting busy over there,” Yusei commented on Jack’s field.

“Wow, Rainbow Dash! I think I’ve seen a move like that before,” Pinkie Pie said.

“It’s familiar because I’ve done that move before! I can’t believe it! Jack Atlas really is using some of my cards!” Rainbow Dash bitterly yelled.

“Whoa Rainbow Dash! Maybe you should calm down. I know! How about we talk about what happened to us while we were separated?” Pinkie Pie offered.

“If it gets me to stop thinking about Atlas as much, then fine,” Rainbow accepted.

“I haven’t normal summoned yet this turn. I summon the Tuner monster Dark Resonator (1300 Attack)! Level 3 Dark Resonator tunes level 5 Big Piece Golem! The pulse of the king now forms a line here! Witness the power of the rumbling heavens! Synchro Summon! My soul! Red Dragon Archfiend (3000 Attack)!”

“Red Dragon Archfiend…” Yusei muttered.

“Yusei, look at the figure of the ominous and beautiful Red dragon Archfiend. However, this isn’t the end. I’ve invited a special guest for tonight. I send Spacegate to the graveyard. With Spacegate, I can special summon a monster whose level is equal or less than the number of Gate Counters! I special summon the Tuner monster Sinister Sprocket (400 Attack)! This is a level 1 monster. And I use this to tune level 3 Small Piece Golem and level 4 Medium Piece Golem. Witness the wings guided by a great wind! Synchro Summon! Roar, Stardust Dragon (2500 Attack)!”

“Stardust…” Yusei muttered in awe at the beauty of his own monster as well as the issue of it being used against him.

“Director, this is…” Mina muttered.
“It’s nothing to be surprised about. It’s something that the king can do easily. Mina, even though you’re always by the king’s side, do you know anything about him?” Mina gave an angry glare at this remark. “Now… this is becoming fun, Director.”
Rex Goodwin simply replied, “Let’s watch them.”

Jack proceeded to laugh heavily at the current situation. “Everyone who needs to be here are now present! I’ve raised the curtain on this party. Let Act 1 begin!” Jack went back to laughing.

“The overwhelming pressure from the two dragons is magnificent. Yusei, do you feel your soul trembling? Against the king and his dragons, all you can do is be scared!” Jack yelled.

“I swear I’ll get it back! My turn!” Yusei yelled.

“Wait, so Jack is actually from the Satellite?” Pinkie Pie asked Rainbow.

“Yeah! The so called king of Neo Domino City came from the slums. It’s pretty funny when you think of it,” Rainbow Dash said, laughing at the irony.

“Maybe. It is kinda sad that Jack became such a unempathetic jerk after everything that happened,” Spike said sadly.

“I summon Shield Warrior in Defense Position (1600 Defense)! Then I change Junk Warrior from Attack Position to Defense Position (1300 Defense). Then I set one card facedown. I end my turn,” Yusei said.

“They're both in Defense Position? And you were so gung-ho just now. Stardust is waiting for you!” Jack said as he drove past Yusei. Eventually, Jack turned around and started driving after Yusei. “It’s my turn!” Jack placed the card he drew into his hand. “Let’s battle! Red Dragon Archfiend, attack Junk Warrior! Tremble before the Crimson Hammer! Absolute Powerforce!”

Both of Yusei’s monsters were destroyed by the attack. “Junk Warrior and Shield Warrior, I’m sorry,” Yusei apologized in his head.

“This is the attack of the king! Monsters that don’t want to fight are useless on the king’s battlefield. The only thing they can do is be destroyed! Due to Red Dragon Archfiend’s monster effect, all your monsters in Defense Position are destroyed!”

“I can’t believe it’s this powerful…” Yusei thought.

“There’s more to the king’s stage. I’ll inflict pain that you’ve never felt before! Stardust Dragon,” Jack was ready to attack again.

“Stardust…”

“Attack him directly!”

Yusei

500

Jack

1900

“This must be humiliating. You’re losing Life Points to Stardust, a monster that used to belong to you!” Jack said.

“Master Atlas is impressive. He’s controlling the two dragons skillfully,” Mina said in awe.
“He’s the king, after all. This fight will add to the history of the king’s undefeated legend,” Lazar said.
“It’s your turn. Entertain the king with your antics!” Jack cried out.

“This is bad. One more attack and Yusei will lose,” Rainbow Dash muttered.

“My turn. I summon Sonic Chick in Defense Position (300 Defense)!” Yusei played.

“Sonic Chick? That’s a mediocre monster,” Jack said.

“Sonic Chick cannot be destroyed in battle against monsters with 1900 or more Attack Points. This is the appropriate monster in this situation. I set a card and end my turn,” Yusei ended his turn. “Bring it, Jack. Bring it, Red Dragon Archfiend! The more you display your power, the more my cards shine when they combine their strengths! I’m counting on you, Sonic Chick,” Yusei thought.

“My turn! Yusei! No matter what your strategies are, you’re powerless against my strength! Let’s battle! Red Dragon Archfiend, attack Sonic Chick! The monster effect that prevents it from being destroyed doesn’t work against Red Dragon Archfiend. With my monster effect, all your monsters in Defense Position are destroyed. Take this! Demon Meteor!” However, to Jack’s shock, Sonic Chick wasn’t destroyed.

“What? It wasn’t destroyed?” Lazar was similarly shocked.

“So you used a trap?” Jack asked.

“That’s right! This is a trap against your so-called Absolute Power.” Yusei said.

“That trap is Remote Revenge,” Jack said.

“Remote Revenge can be activated when an effect that destroys a monster on my field is activated. It negates that effect, and all monsters in Attack Position on your field are destroyed! Feel the power of your own Red Dragon Archfiend! “ Yusei explained.

“Another foolish choice! That won’t reach Red Dragon Archfiend! Look at Stardust’s monster effect!” Jack yelled as Stardust took the blow. “With Stardust Dragon’s monster effect, when an effect that destroys a card on the field is activated, it can negate that effect by releasing this card. I’m sure you knew that. What wonderful revenge. You performed the last rites that released Stardust. My Red Dragon Archfiend isn’t hurt at all! Look, Yusei! Look how beautifully Stardust Dragon wilts away! I set two cards. At the end of the turn, my monster’s monster effect activates from the graveyard! Resurrect, Stardust Dragon (2500 Attack)! It’s Stardust Dragon’s monster effect! If it released itself to activate its monster effect this turn, it can be summoned from the graveyard to the field at the end phase! The Second Act begins!”

“Yes, the Second Act,” Yusei said with a smile. “I activate my trap card! Harmonia Mirror! With Harmonia Mirror, when a Synchro Monster is special summoned on to the opponent’s field in a method other than a Synchro Summon, I can special summon that Synchro Monster on to my field!”

“Yay! Yusei has his Stardust Dragon back!” Pinkie Pie cried out.

“I see. Of course you knew about that effect. That’s how you used Stardust's effect to your own advantage.”

“Soar, Stardust Dragon (2500 Attack)! King! The real Second Act begins! Do you remember what you told me? ‘In a Duel, you can’t win if you only use Monsters. You can’t win if you only use traps or spells either. The true meaning appears when everything becomes one. And the most important thing you need to achieve victory is right here.’ You never told me what it was. However, I’ve found the answer!” Yusei cried out.

“I’ll listen to your answer,” Jack responded.

“It’s the soul of a Duelist that believes in all cards! That soul called Stardust back to me. There’s meaning in every monster and card that’s destroyed and released. All of it was for this moment! Look, Jack. This is how Stardust should appear!” Yusei answered.

“Those two are facing each other? I’m excited to see what will happen,” Lazar responded as Rex motioned his hand to silence him.
Jack proceeded to laugh. “Yusei, you’re successfully fulfilling your pathetic role. Fine. The king’s excellent Dueling will finish you in the Second Act! Bring it!”

“My turn! I activate my speed spell Silver Contrails! One wind attribute monster on my field gains 1000 Attack Points (3500 Attack). Stardust Dragon, attack Red Dragon Archfiend! Roar! Shooting Sonic!” Suddenly, Yusei and Jack felt a weird feeling on their arms. “My arm aches… What is this sensation?” Meanwhile, the Moment Reactor was going crazy.

Stardust Dragon’s attack failed to destroy Red Dragon Archfiend. “Your attack is negated!” Jack yelled.

Sonic Chick was then destroyed. “Sonic Chick?”

“It’s my trap card Synchro Deflector. The attack against a Synchro Monster on my field is deflected, and the monster with the fewest Attack Points on your field is destroyed. How foolish can you get? You caused your own destruction!” Jack cried out.

“The effect of Silver Contrails has worn off (2500 Attack). In that case, I summon Ghost Gardna from my hand in Defense Position (1900 Defense)!”

“So you’re trying to protect Stardust.”

“I set two cards and end my turn.” Yusei felt a weird feeling on his arm again.

The phone was beeping, waiting for someone to answer. Mina pressed the button to answer the phone, generating a hologram of Zigzig. “I apologize for what happened previously. This is Zigzig.”
“What do you want?” Rex Goodwin asked the scientist.
“Moment is currently gigantic! It’s becoming out of control!”
“Record the entire situation.”
“As you wish.” Zigzig said as he bowed his head.
Rex Goodwin returned his attention to the Duel.
“My turn!” Jack yelled as he felt his arm give off a strange pulse again. Jack, however, did smile upon seeing the card he drew. “Let’s have our dragons clash! Battle! Red Dragon Archfiend, attack Stardust Dragon!” Jack yelled as he pointed towards the sky. “Absolute Powerforce!” Before the attack could hit, Ghost Gardna got in the way of the attack. “So you arrived, Ghost Gardna!”

“Ghost Gardna’s monster effect changes the target of the attack to itself,” Yusei explained. “Ghost Gardna will be the one to battle Red Dragon Archfiend!”

“I knew that! When Ghost Gardna is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, it lowers the Attack Points of one of the opponent’s monsters by 1000 until the end of the turn. Now Stardust’s Attack Points are greater than Red Dragon Archfiend’s (2000 Attack)!”

“I activate a trap! Counterattack Beacon! Counterattack Beacon activates when a monster on my field is destroyed due to your monster’s attack!” Yusei said as he rode backwards like Jack did earlier. “One of the monsters on my field gains 500 Attack Points, and it is forced to battle against the monster that attacked (3000 Attack)!”

“Yeah! Now Stardust Dragon can finally destroy Red Dragon Archfiend!” Rainbow Dash was getting excited.

“Keep it up, Yusei!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

“Interesting. You also want to finish things right here!” Jack said. Suddenly, both of their right arm’s pulsed again, with Rainbow and Pinkie also having their arms pulse as well.

“Battle!” Yusei cried out.

“I’m the one who will lower the curtains! I activate the trap Prideful Roar! By paying 1000 Life Points, Red Dragon Archfiend’s Attack Points become 300 points more than Stardust Dragon’s Attack Points (3300 Attack)!” Jack responded.

Yusei

500

Jack

900

“Oh my. It’s unlike the king to perform such a risky strategy,” Lazar said. “He gave up his own Life Points to give power to Red Dragon Archfiend.” Rex, meanwhile, remained silent.

“Battle! Take this! Scorching Crimson Hellflare!” Jack yelled.

“Roar! Shooting Sonic!” Yusei yelled. As both dragon’s breath attacks collided, the four individuals in the arena felt a strange pulse on their arm. Meanwhile, the Moment Reactor was going crazy.

After the collision, Stardust Dragon was still standing. “What? Why can't it destroy Stardust Dragon? Red Dragon Archfiend has greater Attack Points!” Instead of a verbal answer, Yusei’s Shield Warrior appeared on Yusei’s side of the field. “Shield Warrior? But that card was sent to the graveyard!”

“Its effect is meaningful when it’s in the graveyard. By removing it from play from the graveyard, it can negate the destruction of a monster due to battle once. However, due to that attack, I still lose 300 Life Points,” Yusei explained.

Yusei

200

Jack

900

“Hey, Pinkie Pie, what do you think this pulsing sensation is all about?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I dunno,” Pinkie shrugged.

“I don’t know either. Nothing like this has ever happened before,” Spike was curious.

“Prideful Roar’s effect has also worn off. Red Dragon Archfiend is back to 2000 Attack Points,” Yusei continued as red energy formed around the two dragons.

“The king doesn’t lose. Speed spell!” Suddenly, Jack’s arm pulsed again. “Again?”

Yusei’s arm also pulsed. “What’s this sensation?” A red mark began to form on Yusei’s arm. “This is…”

Jack also got a red mark. “What’s happening?”

The red energy started to take the form of a red dragon. “What?” Yusei was confused and so were the others, except for Rex Goodwin who grinned. Yusei and Jack’s eyes turned red as well.

“It’s incredible, Director! Something incredible is happening! It has passed the critical point!” Zigzig said on the phone as Rex continued watching the red dragon.

“What is that? This is the Final Act! I activate a speed spell! End of the Storm!” Jack cried out.

“I’m counting on you, Stardust! And this will be the Final Act! I activate my trap card!” Before the card could activate its effect, a hurricane type wind blew both Duelists away. The power of Moment continued to surge until, suddenly, the power was cut off.

“What’s going on?” Mina asked, confused as to what occurred. Rex remained quiet as power all across the city went out.
Just as suddenly, the power came back on. “We switched to emergency power,” Lazar muttered.
Mina tried to turn the visuals back on, only for nothing to happen. “The visuals aren’t coming back.”

The red dragon soared into the air above the stadium. Just as suddenly as it had appeared, it disappeared, leaving the Duel unfinished. A bunch of steam was leaving both Duel Runners. Jack got up as his arm glowed. “What was that?”

Yusei got up as well. “It’s hot.” Feeling something weird on his arm, he removed his glove and pulled up his right sleeve to see a red glowing mark on his arm. “What is this?” Both Duelists looked at each other, both noticing that the other had a mark as well.

Meanwhile in the stands, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash noticed that they had blue glowing marks on their arms, with Rainbow’s being the same one as Jack’s. “What do you think that these marks are?” Rainbow asked.

“I dunno, but a mark just like this one appeared on my arm a few days ago. This Rex guy seemed to be very interested in it,” Pinkie explained what little she knew as the two went down to where Yusei and Jack were.

“Moment’s rotations are decreasing. The power in a two block radius around headquarters has stopped. I’m sorry,” Zigzig apologized.
“Please hurry in restoring the city,” Rex ordered Zigzig.
“What about Master Atlas?” Mina asked.
Rex looked at Lazar, who proceeded to bow.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Rarity was lying on the couch thinking about what had happened and wondering where her friends were, the lights in the room suddenly went out. Not only that, but a blue claw mark had appeared on her arm. “What in the world?” Rarity was confused. In order to make sure that Leo and Luna were fine, she went into their bedroom. Both had woken up and seemed to be fine, only to see that Luna’s arm was glowing red with a claw mark.

“Rarity? What’s happening?” Luna asked as she got up only for her claw mark to disappear.

“I don’t know,” Luna pulled up her shirt sleeve, seeing that she had a non-glowing version of this mark was on her arm now. “I don’t get it. What was with our marks?”

“I don’t know. I just want to know why I don’t have one,” Leo said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yusei gripped his mark, and as suddenly as it had appeared it disappeared, though Jack’s remained on his arm except it stopped glowing.

Before things could continue, blinding lights suddenly turned on. “This is Neo Domino City Sector Security. Satellite citizens are not allowed into Neo Domino City without permission. By order of the public maintenance department, you are under arrest. That goes for your Rainbow haired associate as well.”

“What should we do about the kid?” One Security Officer asked.

“He’s with me. Leave him alone,” Jack simply said, not wanting to see a kid incarcerated.

Author's Note:

So, I've made a small edit to chapter 1. Other than that, the story remains unchanged. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'll try to give you guys a treat next chapter.