• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 970 Views, 12 Comments

Duel Monsters Are Magic 5ds - snivygamer97



The Main 6 are separated in Neo Domino City and Satellite as humans.

  • ...
2
 12
 970

Escape! Nitro Warrior Vs. Goyo Guardian

In Satellite, the day that Yusei, Rainbow, and Spike were to leave, Yusei and Rainbow Dash were in the middle of a duel in order to test out their strength. Rainbow Dash still had 1300 Life Points and controlled Turbo Synchron and Vice Dragon while Yusei still had 1600 Life Points controlled no monsters and had a facedown card.

“I tune my Turbo Synchron with my Vice Dragon in order to Synchro Summon Turbo Warrior(2500 Attack)! Now, attack Yusei directly and end this duel!” Rainbow Dash cried out.

“Not so fast, Rainbow Dash! I play my trap card Scrap Iron Scarecrow to negate your attack!” Yusei blocked the attack.

“Wow! Watching them duel shows that they both are incredibly skilled! The question is who is going to win?” Spike wondered.

“There’s no doubt about it that Yusei is going to win! He’s the best Duelist in the Satellite!” Rally cheered on his friend.

“We’ll see. After all, Rainbow Dash still has a powerful monster out on her field,” Blitz reminded the group.

“It’s my move! I summon out Junk Synchron (1300 Attack)! And now I can special summon a monster from my graveyard as long as their level is 2 or less. So, I summon back Speed Warrior (400 Defense)! Next, I activate my Quillbolt Hedgehog’s special ability to summon him from my graveyard! Now, I’ll tune my Junk Synchron with my Speed Warrior in order to Synchro Summon Junk Warrior (2300 Attack>3100 Attack)! Thanks to Junk Warrior’s ability, I can increase his attack points by the amount of all level 2 or lower monsters! Lastly, I equip Junk Warrior with Junk Barrage! Now when he destroys an opposing monster, you take damage equal to half that monster’s attack points. So, Junk Warrior, attack and destroy her Turbo Warrior!” Rainbow’s monster was destroyed by Junk Warrior’s attack after both monsters struggled to overpower each other. Much to her disappointment, her Life Points got reduced to zero.

“Well, looks like Yusei is still the superior Duelist,” Tank said.

“I know! Still, Rainbow Dash gave him a good challenge,” Rally cheered.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash, are you okay?” Spike asked the woman in concern as he approached her.

“That duel was awesome! You’re a great Duelist, Yusei! But look out because next time I’m gonna win and take your title as Satellite's best duelist!” Rainbow Dash said as she approached and shook hands with Yusei.

“You almost had me for a moment there. If I didn’t draw Scrap Iron Scarecrow, you might have won,” Yusei complimented.

“Thanks. So, think we’re ready to make Jack pay?” Rainbow Dash asked Yusei.

“I think so,” Yusei nodded.

Before they could continue talking, a large amount of Sector Security arrived.

“Stay where you are! You’re under violation of the law! Dueling and owning cards is against the law for any non-Security Satellite resident!” The leader yelled through a megaphone.

“Great! We have to deal with these Sector Security goons! Well, let’s duel!” Rainbow prepared her Duel Disk only for Spike to step forward. “Spike? What are you doing?”

“I’m going to duel these guys and keep everyone safe,” Spike explained as he prepped his Duel Disk. “Hey! I have a proposition for you Sector Security goons! We duel right here and now and if I defeat you all, you leave us alone!”

“Fine! We can defeat you with ease little boy!” The man in charge yelled as he and the other twenty officers prepared their Duel Disks. “We’ll go by Battle Royal rules! No one can attack on the turn we begin on!”

“Duel!” Everyone yelled.

“I’ll go first! I draw! I summon Dashing Dragon to my field in attack mode!” A dragon with handsome black hair and purple scales was summoned to the field (Level 4/1500 Attack/1400 Defense/Wind/Dragon). “I end my turn with a facedown. It’s your move!”

“With pleasure! I send three monsters from my hand to the graveyard in order to special summon Montage Dragon (3600 Attack)! I end my turn,” The first Sector Security goon played.

To the shock of everyone, all of the remaining Sector Security men were able to summon out Montage Dragon to their field, all with 3600 Attack.

“Well, little boy! Looks like you’re outnumbered and outmatched!” One man yelled.

“You know, you can still give up now and we’ll let you go. You just need to give up your deck to us and you can go free,” Another man suggested.

“I won’t just abandon my friends because it is easier! Besides, this duel is just about over! I draw! I summon out Mirage Dragon (1600 Attack)! Now, I’ll overlay my two Level 4 monsters in order to build the Overlay Network! Cloaked in shadows and relentless in its objective, I call upon the most dangerous of dragons! I Xyz Summon Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon (2500 Attack)!”

“He just Xyz summoned?!”

“How can he do that?!”

“Now, I’ll activate my monster’s special ability! By using one Overlay Unit, I can reduce the attack of a monster by half and have my dragon gain those points! And I’ll use both Overlay Units in order to do this twice on the Montage Dragon in the middle (5300 Attack)!” Spike played.

“His monster just became stronger than all of ours!”

“Next, I play my trap card Draining Force! Now all monsters on the field that are above level 4 lose all their attack points until the End Phase!” Spike cried out as he played a trap with a picture of a Gogogo Golem being shrunk.

“I can’t believe he reduced our attack points to zero!”

“It’s over, everyone!” Spike yelled.

“No, it isn’t. There are plenty of Security officers here all ready to finish what the others started. On the next turn we can finish you off when our Montage Dragons regain their power,” The lead officer reminded Spike.

“There won’t be a next turn! I activate the ability of Dashing Dragon from my graveyard! By banishing it from my graveyard, I can have a monster I control attack all monsters on the field in exchange for no other monster being allowed to attack this turn! Now, Dark Rebellion, put an end to this duel! Mauling Mandible Charge!” Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon proceeded to wipe out all the opposing monsters and reduce everyone’s Life Points to zero.

Rainbow Dash, Yusei, and everyone else were shocked to see that Spike had been able to defeat so many Sector Security agents in one move.

“Wow Spike! You did amazingly! You sent all those jerks packing in one move!” Rainbow Dash cheered.

“Oh, that was nothing. You or Yusei would have found a way to beat everyone on your own too!” Spike said with a blush.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was laying down on her bed inside of the Arcadia Movement Headquarters. She hadn’t done much for the last few days other than allow for Sayer to do some tests on her. Apparently, she was a Psychic Duelist, one who was capable of causing real damage to their opponents.

She didn’t like the sound of that, but Sayer reassured her that her powers made her special and that while others would give up on her and see her as a monster, here she would be seen as belonging. Twilight was unsure whether or not to trust this Sayer person. After all, she was confident that her friends wouldn’t see anything wrong with her and would accept her regardless of her abilities. Right?

Suddenly, one of the Arcadia Movement agents entered her room. “Sayer would like to see you. He wants to test your abilities in a duel against miss Akiza Izinski.”

“Uh, okay,” Twilight accepted and began to follow the woman to a dueling arena. In the room were a variety of different psychics facing each other and causing real damage. Twilight was uncomfortable watching the real damage and wondered if her duel would be any better than these duels. “So, Sayer, what is the reason for the Arcadia Movement?”

“I’ll make sure to have another of our members talk to you later. For now, why don’t you prep yourself for your duel against my best pupil, Akiza. So, Akiza, ready to duel against this new face?” Sayer asked politely.

“I’m ready,” Akiza barked out loyally.

“Perfect! Now then, it’s time we get to your duel! Good luck and may the better psychic win!” Sayer cried out as he ran to the sidelines/

“So, can you tell me more about the Arcadia Movement?” Twilight asked Akiza.

“Just ask someone else once you are done with accepting your defeat!” Akiza yelled angrily.

“Um, excuse me?” Twilight asked, confused with the hostility.

“The Arcadia Movement may need to gain more members, but know this! You won’t be taking Sayer away with your incredible psychic powers!” Akiza yelled out.

“Oh, you must be confused. I’m not-,” Twilight tried to clear up the misunderstanding.

“Whatever! You’ll get the point once I’m through beating you,” Akiza growled. “I’ll take the first move! I summon to the field Twilight Rose Knight (1000 Attack)! With him out on the field, I can special summon out another plant-type monster. Now rise! Gigantic Cephalotus (1850 Attack)! Now I’ll tune my Twilight Rose Knight with my Gigantic Cephalotus in order to
Synchro Summon Black Rose Dragon (2400 Attack)!”

“A Synchro monster on the first turn? Whoa! You are powerful!” Twilight was in awe and fear as she felt a powerful whirlwind strike in the duel arena.

“That’s right! I’m Sayer’s best Duelist, not you! I’ll now end my turn by playing three facedowns!” Akiza yelled as she placed three cards facedown.

“Okay, it’s my turn now! I play the spell Dark Magic Curtain! Now, by paying half of my Life Points, I can special summon a Dark Magician from my Deck in exchange for not being able to normal or special summon another monster this turn (Twilight-2000 LP)! Next up, I play the spell card Dark Magic Attack in order to destroy all of your spells and traps!” Twilight played.

“Not so fast! I play my trap Magic Plant Barrier in order to negate your spell’s activation and destroy it!” Akiza cried out as she played a trap that had Lord Poison surrounded by a green energy barrier, stopping Twilight’s spell. “I’m not going to make this duel easy for you, Twilight Snarkle!”

“Hey! What’s with the insults?! I haven’t done anything to you! I’m just curious and confused and all I’ve been getting is vague answers and hostility! I’m just… feeling lost,” Twilight muttered this last part sadly.

“Twilight…,” Akiza started to look sympathetic only for Sayer to interrupt them.

“You’ll win this for sure, Twilight!” Sayer gave some support to Twilight, causing Akiza to shift back to angry in an instant.

“Whatever! I’m going to win this duel one way or another! Just make your move!” Akiza yelled.

“Fine. I play the spell Dark Drain! With it, I can reduce your monster’s attack points to zero and then gain Life Points equal to half that drained amount!” Twilight played a spell that had Dark Magician holding his hand out and casting a dark spell (Twilight-3200 LP). “Now, I’ll attack your Black Rose Dragon with Dark Magic Attack (Akiza-1500 LP)! Had enough?”

“No! Not even close! I play my facedown card Wicked Rebirth! Now, by paying 800 Life Points, I can special summon Black Rose Dragon from my graveyard (Akiza-700 LP)! Next, I’ll play Overdoom Line! This card will increase my dragon and any plant monster’s power by 1000 for my next two turns so long as they were summoned from my graveyard (3400 Attack)!” Akiza played.

“I end my turn there. So, Akiza? Why do you think that I’m going to take Sayer away from you?” Twilight asked Akiza.

“Because he has been doing nothing but talk about you for days and has spent even less time with me or the other Duelists in the Movement. I follow Sayer’s every order perfectly yet he still only praises you even though you’ve only been here for a few days,” Akiza explained.

“It’s not like I’ve asked for this. I only want to live as normal a life as possible in spite of my abilities and status back home. Sadly, I may not ever be able to return home as I was considering my psychic powers. I’m sorry Akiza, but I never asked for Sayer’s attention,” Twilight apologized.

“Twilight… I’m sorry,” Akiza apologized, much to Twilight’s shock and relief. “I might as well end this duel. I draw! I activate my Black Rose Dragon’s special ability! By removing Gigantic Cephalotus in my graveyard from play, I can reduce your Dark Magician’s attack power to zero (0 Attack)! Now, Black Rose Dragon, end this duel now!” Twilight was knocked off her feet and onto the ground unconscious as her Life Points were reduced to zero, much to Akiza’s horror. “Oh no! Twilight! Are you okay?!” Akiza attempted to rush over to Twilight in concern only to be stopped by Sayer.

“Whoa there, Akiza! That will do for now. Your powers are much greater than I initially expected. Twilight was skilled, but not skilled enough. Still, she didn’t do that poorly either. She’ll be of great use to our cause. Well, once she wakes up that is,” Sayer said in an effort to comfort Akiza. However, Akiza, in spite of herself, felt nothing but guilt for what she had just done.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down in Satellite, at the area where Yusei and his friends hang out at, Yusei was looking at the moon through the crack in the ceiling. The clock on his Duel Runner says it is 11:15.

“Yusei,” Rally says, getting his friend’s attention.

“I’m praying for your success,” Blitz cheers on Yusei.

“I know you can do it. Now that you’ve come this far, I won’t say anything more. Just go!” Nervin says.

“And when you meet Jack… well, whatever. Come home as soon as possible,” Tank wishes Yusei luck.

“Hey, don’t forget about me. We’re also going with Yusei,” Rainbow Dash announces as she sits on her modified Duel Runner with Spike sitting behind her. Yusei looks apprehensive, but ultimately nods in agreement.

“Hey, Yusei, you saw what we are capable of. Don’t worry about either of us getting into trouble. We can take care of ourselves if the need arises,” Spike said with Yusei giving another nod.

“Oh, wait,” Rally said as he ran up to Yusei on his Runner. “Here’s a good luck charm.” Rally gives Yusei a card.

“This is…” Yusei begins.

“Turbo Booster.” Rally continues.

“But you love this,” Yusei argues.

“Yeah, but it’s fine,” Rally claims. “Use it to get through that pipeline.”

Yusei simply nods as he adds Turbo Booster to his Deck. He then starts up his Duel Runner and puts on his helmet. “I promise to return it.”

Rally excitedly says, “Do your best.” Yusei proceeds to race off for the pipeline, with Rainbow Dash and Spike following after.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yusei and Rainbow reach the surface and start to race for the factory. Meanwhile, Sector Security is getting the signal for Yusei’s Runner and Rainbow’s Runner and see that it is moving.

“This signal! The same Duel Runner as before has appeared! And not only that, but so did the lost Runner!” A man next to a computer informs Trudge.

“What?” Trudge growls.

“I’m going to switch to the rooftop camera right now,” the man switches to the camera, showing Yusei on Yusei’s red Duel Runner and Rainbow and Spike on the modified Sector Security Runner.

“Alright. I’m in pursuit. Don’t lose sight of him!” Trudge yells as he runs to get to his Runner. “Transfer all information to me!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trudge is racing through the streets to catch up to Yusei. Trudge starts to think, “Damn! I don’t know where he’s planning to go, but this time...I’ll squash him!” Trudge yells aloud.

It is now 11:56, a few minutes before the pipeline will be empty. Yusei’s friends are running for the rooftops to check Yusei’s progress.

“Look at the time already. Let’s hurry,” Blitz says as the group runs. They climb up onto the rooftops and begin to look for Yusei, Blitz using a pair of binoculars.

“Where’s Yusei?” Rally asks the others.

“Look, there he is!” Blitz says as he catches sight of Yusei, Rainbow Dash, and Spike. Nervin proceeds to pull out a laptop, showing where Yusei is currently at.

“Listen closely. You are not allowed to come any closer. Turn back right now,” A Security member says as Yusei and Rainbow race for the factory. However, he is interrupted by Trudge skidding his Duel Runner right next to Yusei’s.

“We meet again, you piece of garbage. Oh, and I see that you brought your little girlfriend along for the ride and the problem boy is here too,” Trudge mocks the group. “Punks like you are not allowed to come here! Leave!” Yusei refuses to respond as he simply increases his speed. Rainbow, meanwhile, sticks out her tongue at Trudge as she speeds forward as well. “What is that punk planning to do? They can’t be…” Trudge is in disbelief at the sight of the pair racing for the factory. Yusei rushes through a gate blocker and jumps over the fence, with Rainbow Dash following after and Spike holding on tight to make sure he doesn’t fall off. “Control! Hurry up and open the plant’s fences!” Security complies and opens the fences, with him still being a fair distance behind Rainbow, Spike, and Yusei. “Damn those punks! I won’t let them escape!”

“Trudge is chasing after him,” Nervin takes note.

“Go, Yusei!” Tanks cried out.

Trudge starts to get closer to Yusei and Rainbow. “This location is the perfect place to use the special pursuit Deck!” Yusei, Spike, and Rainbow look back in shock. “I forcibly activate the field spell Speed World!”

“Duel mode on. Autopilot standby.” Trudge’s computer says.

Meanwhile, Yusei’s Runner and Rainbow’s Runner proceeds to do the same thing and Speed World activates. “What?” Yusei is shocked.

“Duel mode on. Autopilot standby.” Yusei’s computer says.

“He can force us into duels like this?! I can’t believe this!” Rainbow yelled angrily.

“Looks like we’ll be dealing with some problems getting out of Satellite,” Spike muttered.

“What is that?” Tank asks, confused.

“A field spell!” Rally realizes.

“This is not the time for a duel!” Blitz says.

“How’s that! This connects with Speed World and pulls the opponent into the field spell! I don’t know where you’re planning to go, but if you want to keep going forward, then you have to battle me! Duel! I go first! I summon Gate Blocker in Defense Position (2000 Defense)!” A giant blue wall appears right in front of Yusei, forcing to slow down a bit.

Rainbow and Yusei

4000

Trudge

4000

“Now they won’t be able to increase their speed!” Nervin realizes.

“They won’t make it in time!” Rally worries.

“Then I set a card and end my turn,” Trudge plays. Much to Yusei and Rainbow’s shock, his Speed Counter don’t increase while Trudge’s do. “Kid, it looks like your Speed Counters aren’t increasing. Normally, when the field spell Speed World is active, we gain a Speed Counter during each Standby Phase. However, when Gate Blocker is faceup on the field, you don’t receive the effect of Speed World! Therefore, your speed spells are…”

“...sealed away,” Yusei finishes.

“This is an incredible monster that greatly sways the balance of a Duel, so it has limits on when it can be used. However, my Deck is a special Deck that has received special Security privileges, so I can freely use Gate Blocker! You can’t escape from me anymore.”

“So that’s the power of authority,” Yusei mutters to himself.

“Well, whatever it is, it isn’t fair!” Rainbow huffs.

“Hey, we’ve dealt with worse before. We can still summon a monster that can turn this around,” Spike tried to comfort the duo.

Meanwhile, the clock hits midnight and the trash stops flowing. “It’s midnight!” Tank notes.

“They only have three minutes,” Nervin says. “At this rate, they'll be caught while they’re still dueling!”

“Yusei! Break down that wall!” Rally cries out.

“I don't like this,” Yusei muttered as he thought about Jack. “I don’t like this. I’m going forward!”

“Go, Yusei!” Rally cries out.

“My turn. I summon Speed Warrior (900 Attack)!”

“I remember that on the turn it’s summoned, its Attack Points are doubled during battle. But that’s not good enough. It’s still less than Gate Blocker’s Defense Points! (1800 Attack)” Rainbow was worried about getting rid of the monster.

“Rally, I’m going to use your lucky charm,” Yusei thought. “Then from my hand, I special summon Turbo Booster(0 Attack/Defense).”

“It appeared! It’s Turbo Booster!” Rally cried out in joy.

“Battle!” Speed Warrior jumped onto two rockets sent out by Turbo Booster. “I release Turbo Booster.”

“So you’re even willing to do that,” Trudge murmurs.

“Releasing Turbo Booster has that much value,” Yusei says.

“Yeah! I’d like to see you understand that, officer,” Rainbow Dash yelled defiantly.

“He fired Speed Warrior using Turbo Booster,” Rally said.

“Turbo Booster’s monster effect destroys one normal summoned and the opponent’s monster that it battled! This will work!” Blitz explained.

“Not good enough. Even if you destroy Gate Blocker, Gate Blocker has greater Defense Points! The damage is going to come back and hurt your Life Points!” Trudge reminded.

“I’ll still do it!” Yusei decided as Speed Warrior destroyed Gate Blocker thanks to Turbo Booster.

Yusei

3800

Trudge

4000

“He did it! Thank you, Turbo Booster!” Rally joyfully said.

“Go, Yusei!” Tank cheered on.

Yusei proceeded to turn left in the plant, with Trudge following suit. “Rally, thanks to you, I can go forward.” Yusei and Rainbow finally made a jump down towards the pipeline and proceeded to enter the pipeline. However, Trudge followed after the trio.

“Those rats. Are they planning to escape from Satellite?” Trudge wondered. “That garbage don’t know their place.”

“Hey, that Security guy also entered,” Nervin protested.

“They’re going to Duel inside?” Rally asked.

“This is bad! Finish him, Yusei!” Blitz suggested.

“So, looks like he figured it out! Still, this guy is persistent if he plans on following us through here,” Rainbow noted.

“Agreed. Still, this Trudge guy just lost his big advantage,” Spike pointed out.

“That’s what you think! I won’t let you escape! I activate the trap card Broken Blocker!” Two more orange and black Gate Blockers appeared in front of Yusei, Rainbow, and Spike and turned blue.

“He still had more,” Tank was disappointed.

“I can activate Broken Blocker when a monster in Defense Position whose Defense Points are greater than its Attack Points is destroyed! I can special summon two monsters from my Deck whose names are the same as the monster that was destroyed! See that! This is what authority is all about!” Trudge explained.

“Well, Yusei destroyed one of them. He can get rid of two more!” Rainbow Dash countered.
“I set two cards and end my turn,” Yusei said.

“There are only two minutes left. What are you going to do, Yusei?” Nervin nervously asked.
“Yusei is fine. Yusei is going to turn the tables!” Rally yelled.

“But there’s less than two minutes left!” Tank countered. “He’s going much slower than during the simulation! That doesn’t even go into the problem that Rainbow Dash and Spike will deal with. They’re less experienced than Yusei.”

“My turn. I summon Gonogo in Attack position (1350 Attack)! Go Gonogo! Death Flat!” Gonogo crushed Speed Warrior, dealing damage.

Yusei Fudo

3350

Trudge

4000

“Hey! There’s no place to escape!” Trudge said as he ended his turn.

“We’ll see about that Trudge! I draw!” Rainbow Dash drew a card and was happy to see that it was Junk Synhron. “It’s here. I summon the Tuner monster Junk Synchron (1300 Attack)! Next, I’ll use Junk Synchron’s ability to revive Yusei’s Speed Warrior! I now play the Speed Spell
Dash Pilfer!” Suddenly, her Duel Runner beeped and displayed an Error Message. “What the? Why didn’t my Spell work?!”

At this, Spike facepalmed. “Remember, Speed Spells require Speed Counters, something you and Yusei don’t have!”

“Oh, right. Well then, we can still turn this around! Junk Synchron tunes Speed Warrior! The stars come together to call forth a new power! Become the path that lights the way! Synchro Summon! Come, Junk Warrior (2300 Attack)!”

“Then I reveal the continuous trap Graceful Revival! With this, I can special summon one level 2-or-below monster from my graveyard in Attack Position. Come, level 2 monster Speed Warrior!” Yusei played as Speed Warrior returned to the field, increasing Junk Warrior’s attack points (3200 Attack).

“Alright! He successfully summoned Junk Warrior!” Tank cried out.

“I’m counting on you, Junk Warrior,” Rally said.

“Scrap Fist!” Yusei cried out as he had Junk Warrior attack and destroy Gonogo.

Yusei Fudo

3350

Trudge

2150

“I’ll place two cards facedown and end my turn. Your move, Trudgy! Unless you’re scared of our dueling skills!” Rainbow mocked Trudge.

“This isn’t over yet! I already know your strategies! It’s now going to start getting interesting! My turn!” Trudge smiled upon seeing the card he drew. “I summon Jutte Fighter (700 Attack)!”

“A Tuner monster,” Yusei muttered.

“That’s right! I can Synchro Summon too! Here I go. Jutte Fighter tunes Gate Blocker! Synchro Summon! Goyo Guardian (2800)! See that! This is authority! Go! Goyo Lariat!” Goyo Guardian attacked and destroyed Junk Warrior.

Yusei Fudo

2850

Trudge

2150

“I’m not done! When Goyo Guardian destroys your monster, it can negate its destruction and take control of it! When this happens, the monster is put in Defense Position! Your monster is mine (1300 Defense)!

“One minute forty seconds left! Come on, Yusei, Rainbow! You’re running out of time!” Rally was getting worried.

“Next, I play the Quickplay speed spell Double Strike! With it, since I have three or more speed counters, I can perform another attack! Now, Goyo Guardian! Wipe out Speed Warrior!” Trudge cried out as Rainbow looked unconcerned.

“Um, Rainbow Dash? Maybe you should do something before Trudge wipes us out!” Spike nervously yelled out.

“Don’t worry, Spike! I discard Kuriboh from my hand in order to reduce all the damage we would take to zero!” Rainbow played, defending the duo from additional damage.

Trudge was looking very happy upon seeing that he had a total of four Speed Counters while Yusei had none. “Forget the battle damage! My Speed Counter is 4! Alright! I’ll keep piling it on! From my hand, I activate a speed spell! Sonic Buster!” A blast of purple energy went straight for Goyo Guardian.

“You used a speed spell,” Yusei simply commented, much to Rainbow Dash’s confusion. At least, until she noticed what card Yusei had played, with her and Spike smiling as they saw the card in question.

“Of course. I’m a Turbo Duelist! This card deals damage to your Life Points equal to half the Attack Points of a monster on my field!” Goyo Guardian then sent an energy blast at Yusei and Rainbow Dash. “In other words, you take half of Goyo Guardian’s 2800 Attack Points, which is 1400 Points of damage! Then I activate a second Sonic Buster from my hand!” Goyo Guardian then sent out a second energy burst.

Yusei Fudo

50

Trudge

2150

Yusei sped down quite a bit, to the point that he is nearly next to Trudge.

“This is bad. He’s right next to Yusei, Spike, and Rainbow!” Nervin commented.

“Sucker! You can’t escape from here! Your garbage Deck never had a chance of defeating my Deck!” Trudge gloated.

“Hey! Yusei’s Deck is awesome! Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s garbage,” Rainbow Dash countered. “Right, Yusei?”

“You keep saying garbage over and over. Don’t you know any other words?” Yusei bitterly asked.

“What?” Trudge was confused.

“It’s my turn! I summon the Tuner monster Nitro Synchron (300 Attack)!” Yusei cried out.

“You don’t have a monster you can Synchro with. Resistance is futile, you piece of garbage!” Trudge mocked.

“We have one right there. I play the trap card Speed Reactor! With it I can activate a set speed spell! With it, I’ll activate a speed spell! Dash Pilfer!” Rainbow played.

“No way! You don’t have any Speed Counters. How can you use a Speed Spell?” Trudge couldn’t believe it.

“We have Speed Counters,” Yusei simply answered.

“What?” Trudge looked on his Duel Runner’s screen and saw that Yusei had played the trap card Slip Stream. “Slip Stream? I remember. You planned this back then!”

“Alright! I’ll keep piling it on! From my hand, I activate a speed spell! Sonic Buster!” Trudge remembered saying.

“That speed spell was the trigger!” Trudge yelled.

“That’s right. I was waiting for you to use a speed spell. When I have fewer Speed Counters than you, I can activate this Slip Stream card when you use a speed spell. On my next turn, I will have the same number of Speed Counters as you!” Yusei said as he sped forward away from Trudge, with Rainbow Dash and Spike following after.

“You punks! All you have are garbage cards and you still do such annoying things!” Trudge tried to rush forward faster.

“Dash Pilfer! Free Junk Warrior!” Junk Warrior went back to Yusei’s field and Rainbow’s in Attack Mode. “We can activate Dash Pilfer when we have four or more Speed Counters! We gain control of one of your face-up Defense Position monsters,” Yusei explained.

“This is bad. Yusei has less than a minute to make it through,” Blitz was getting worried.

“How about Yusei?” Rally asked.

“A little more! Just a little more and he can make it to the maintenance hatch!” Tank cried out encouragingly.

“I see! You’re planning to go there!” Trudge realized he was aiming for the maintenance hatch up ahead.

“You finally noticed. Garbage is going to start flowing in soon. You can leave,” Yusei said.

“Yeah, and you can tell your bosses that Yusei, Spike, and Rainbow made it to the city!” Rainbow Dash cried out.

“You must be kidding! Are you both trying to goad me because you know you’re going to lose?” Trudge sped up once more to try and catch the duo.

“Here I go!” Yusei yelled as he sped up.

“Another Synchro Summon?!” Trudge was shocked.

“Nitro Synchron tunes Junk Warrior. Our thoughts combine to call forth a new power! Become the power that lights the way! Synchro Summon! Burn up, Nitro Warrior (2800)! On the turn a speed spell was used, when Nitro Warrior battles your monster, it gains 1000 Attack Points for one time only,” Yusei explained.

“What?” Trudge was shocked (3800 Attack).

“Nitro Warrior! Destroy him! Dynamite Knuckle!”

Yusei Fudo

50

Trudge

1150

“How dare you!” Trudge yelled.

“Furthermore… with Nitro Warrior’s monster effect, when it battles and destroys your monster, it can switch one of your Defense Position monsters into Attack Position and battle it,” Yusei said as Gate Blocker switched to Attack Mode (100 Attack).

“This monster effect is crazy!” Trudge yelled.

“Nitro Warrior’s Attack Points return to 2800, but that’s more than enough to destroy Gate Blocker.” Nitro Warrior attacked and destroyed Gate Blocker, reducing his Life Points to 0, leaving a “Defeat” message on his Duel Runner as he skidded to a halt.

“Alright!” Yusei’s friends cheered.

“They won the Duel!” Blitz said.

“But look at the time,” Nervin noted as the timer hit 0. “Hurry Yusei, Rainbow Dash!”

“The maintenance hatch is closing!” Tank cried out.

“Yusei!” Rally yelled in concern.

Yusei and Rainbow did the best they could to avoid all of the garbage as the hatch began to close. It ended up being a close call, but Yusei and Rainbow were able to get themselves and Spike through the hatch in time.

Trudge, however, wasn’t so lucky. He ended up being carried away by piles of trash. “Remember this, I’ll squash you next time!”

“How are they?” Tank asked.

“It’s no good. There’s no signal,” Nervin said.

“They’re fine! Yusei definitely got them through!” Rally yelled.

“But!” Tank tried to counter.

Suddenly, everyone heard a beeping noise come from the computer. Upon looking, they saw a red blip representing Yusei, Spike, and Rainbow. They made it through. The group smiled upon seeing this.

“Like I thought! They made it!” Rally cried out in joy.

“Yusei really made it through!” Tank yelled.

“Yeah! He’s incredible!” Nervin agreed.

Yusei raced out of the plant fairly quickly. However, upon getting out of there, he saw a familiar face standing on the road above. Jack Atlas.

Yusei and Rainbow removed their helmets, with Yusei turning his head and addressing Jack, “Jack…”

Jack merely laughed before saying, “Long time no see, Yusei.” The two rivals proceeded to stare at each other, with no words being exchanged by anyone present.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry it took so long to update. Hopefully, I'll be able to do more for this story for a while now. Enjoy!