• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 3,824 Views, 600 Comments

Pride and Joy - Melody Song



When Thorax finds a young orphaned nymph, his life changes in a way he never expected. But he couldn't be happier.

  • ...
10
 600
 3,824

All For Pride

“S-So, um… dad…” Thorax took a breath as he and Pharynx stood together in front of Metamorphosis. “I… I’m Pansexual.”

“And I’m Bisexual… and possibly Genderfluid or Non-binary, I’m not sure…” Pharynx said, trailing off.

Metamorphosis smiled at his two boys, trotting over and kissing them both on the foreheads. “It’s okay my sons, you know I’ll accept you know matter what.”

“Thanks dad.” Thorax said, sighing in relief. Metamorphosis smiled at them lovingly.

“I’m going to go help out the chefs, I’ve been thinking about taking up baking.” Meta nuzzled the two before heading off.

“You know he’s gay, right?” Ember asked, she, Tempest and Ocellus coming over to the boys with Apex.

“Obviously.” Pharynx replied

“G-Guys, don’t you think that’s a hurtful stereotype?” Thorax asked.

“Whas’ gay?” Apex asked, looking up at the adults.

“...Have you seriously not told him yet?” Tempest asked

“Yeah! Your own sister has a girlfriend!” Ocellus joined in.

“A second ago you were saying dad was gay.” Thorax retorted.

“I… touche, Thorax.” Ember replied, grabbing Apex and holding him out. “Doesn’t the kid deserve to know though?”

Pharynx groaned and glared at Thorax. “You handle this one, I’m still having flashbacks from when Flutterwings asked what a lesbian was.”

“I… fine…” Thorax sighed. “Apex, being gay is when two boys like each other in a romantic way.”

“He’s not gonna understand that!”

“I’m trying!”

“Well try better!” Pharynx turned away, muttering to himself. “Still can’t get that stuff out of my head… who in their right mind would think I like Venom…?”

Thorax sighed and nuzzled Apex. “U-Um, we’ll tell you more later sweetie, okay?”

“Okay Papa Thorax.” Apex replied innocently.

“Just so you know, it’s not because we’re stereotyping him.” Tempest told Thorax.

“Yeah, he just… it’s kind of obvious.”

“But he and Chrysalis used to be married.” Thorax objected.

“And if I remember correctly, he literally ran away from her.” Ocellus responded as Apex scampered off to play.

Apex trotted through the Hive, thinking back to what Thorax had said.

“So if bein’ gay is likin’ boys… is i’ good ‘r bad…? Papa Thorax sounded pre’y upse’...”

As Apex trotted along, he wasn’t looking where he was going, and knocked into someone. “Oof!”

“Ack, sorry Pexy, are you okay?” It was Zenex. Apex looked up at the nymph, staring into his different colored eyes, not noticing how his cheeks began heating up.

“‘M-‘M fine Zenny.” Apex replied, and the nymph smiled at him brightly.

“That’s good! Where were you going?”

“N-Nowhe’e… jus’ thinkin’...”

“Oh, well, I was going to the cafeteria to get snacks, Hero and I were gonna hang out. You wanna come?” Zenex asked, holding up his saddlebags to show him.

“Okay Zen-Zen!” Apex said, then blushed. “I-I mean Zenny…”

Zenex blushed and smiled shyly. “It’s okay Pexy, I like it.”

“You do…?” Apex asked

“Yeah! Heh, now c’mon, let’s go find some brownies!” Zenex said, trotting off. Apex blushed and giggled, following him.

The two nymphs ran through the halls, passing by Thorax, Pharynx, Tempest, Ember, and Ocellus as they headed for the cafeteria.

“Okay, if you’re so sure dad’s gay, then prove it.” Pharynx told the girls as they headed for the kitchen.

“Well, I’ve seen him checking out some of the guys around here.” Tempest said.

“And he sounded like he wasn’t telling you something before when you two came out to him.” Ocellus said.

“You heard that?” Pharynx asked

“We heard his response and figured you two had finally worked up the nerve.” Tempest explained.

“Well, I’m still not convinced.” Thorax told them.

“There’s an easy way to settle this, which is we’re right and you’re wrong.” Pharynx replied.

“Pharynx!” Thorax cried in exasperation as the beta changeling chuckled.

“Children, children.” Ocellus said, her tail flicking. “Why argue when we can just ask him? It’s not the olden days anymore, Chrysalis legalized gay marriage a long time ago! We can just ask!”

“Wait, if she legalized gay marriage then why would she get Meta to marry her? She had to have been able to tell.” Ember said.

“If he hasn’t said anything he probably never told her either.” Pharynx said.

“Also, genetics. I mean, look what he created.” Ocellus added, gesturing to the brothers.

“Eh, fair enough.” Ember shrugged, and the group entered the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Zenex and Apex were foraging for treats in the cafeteria, which was empty. Zenex poured a plate of brownies into the saddlebags he’d brought. Apex trotted over with a plate of chocolate chip cookies, dumping them in as well.

The two nymphs giggled mischievously as they also grabbed some heart-shaped cookies with red sprinkles. Apex then spotted a small tray of key-lime pies and cheesecakes. He sniffed them cautiously, before carefully picking them up and setting them in the bag. Zenex laughed and took a cookie, stuffing it in his mouth.

“Rea’y?” Zenex asked, his voice muffled from the cookie.

“Mhm!” Apex said, and the nymphs ran off.

The two ran into Zenex’s room, laughing. “Hero, we’re back!”

“Yes! What’d you get?” Hero asked, and Zenex unloaded his bag.

“Dig in everyone!” Zenex said, and they all lunged, grabbing randomly at the sweet treats.

Soon, there was only a single brownie left, but all three nymphs were too full to eat it, sprawled on the floor.

“Wow… that was… so good…” Hero said.

Apex giggled, crawling over to Zenex and flopping onto his stomach. Zenex squeaked and blushed, patting him on the head. Apex blushed and smiled at him, and he smiled back. The two closed their eyes, falling asleep contentedly.

“I think… ‘m gay af’er all…I like Zenny, a' leas'...” Apex thought to himself as he fell asleep, smiling.

Elsewhere, Thorax, Pharynx, Ember, Tempest, and Ocellus had found Metamorphosis, who was making brownie batter.

“Dad? U-Um… so, we were wondering…” Thorax began.

“Yes my lovebug?” Metamorphosis asked, and Ocellus coughed knowingly.

“Well, um… it’s okay whatever you say, but-”

“For the love of-Thorax is trying to ask if you’re gay.” Pharynx cut his brother off.

Metamorphosis froze, blushing. “I… If I’m gay?”

“Yeah.” Pharynx confirmed. “So… are you?”

Metamorphosis blushed and looked away, stirring the batter. “Well… yes, I am…”

“Told you.” Ocellus grinned smugly at Thorax.

Thorax rolled his eyes at her slightly, hugging Metamorphosis. “We support you dad, just like you support us.”

Metamorphosis smiled gratefully, hugging his sons. “Thank you, all of you…”

“Of course dad.” Thorax said.

The others all moved over and joined in the hug, though Ocellus also reached and took the spoon covered in brownie batter, licking it. Pharynx rolled his eyes at her, hugging his father. The group hugged for a minute longer, happy and proud.

Author's Note:

Just thought I'd put this in because of some confusion earlier:

Apex may be five years old but he's still a changeling. He naturally is more deeply connected to ideas of love and relationships. Even though he may not fully understand everything yet, he instinctually knows enough to be able to tell when he likes someone in a deeper way than simple friendship.

I also headcanon that for changelings, as beings of love, have different age-of-consent rules. Any changeling can have a relationship with an older or younger changeling as long as the ages aren't drastic, like adult (seventeen or older) x child (thirteen or younger). Nothing intimate is allowed until both are legal adults and offer willing consent, but as physical affirmation like hugs, nuzzles, or kisses on the face are commonplace for reformed buggos, that's allowed. Of course, parents would be allowed to inforce these rules as much as they like with their young, or not at all. It's their choice.

~Melody Song