• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 3,823 Views, 600 Comments

Pride and Joy - Melody Song



When Thorax finds a young orphaned nymph, his life changes in a way he never expected. But he couldn't be happier.

  • ...
10
 600
 3,823

Comeuppance

“Papa Thorax!!!” Apex burst into the throne room, tears streaming down his face. Thorax jumped and slipped off his throne, Metamorphosis helping him up.

“Apex, what’s the matter?” Thorax asked, as the nymph ran into his hooves.

“P-Parquel hi’ me an’ took Blizzy!” Apex sobbed, and Thorax sighed, holding him.

“Who’s Parquel?” Metamorphosis asked, as Pharynx came in.

“A stupid jerkass who should’ve gotten the crap beaten out of him a long time ago-”

“Pharynx!” Thorax cried, covering Apex’s ears. “H-He’s a nymph a couple years older than Apex that’s been bullying him…”

“And if it was up to me I would beat that son of a bitch into next month-”

“Pharynx, please…” Thorax whispered, and Pharynx sighed.

“Honestly Thorax, I agree with Pharynx. This is your child and he’s being mistreated, why don’t you do something?” Metamorphosis asked.

“W-Well, when we first found out he’d put Apex in the infirmary, taking care of my baby was more important at the time.” Thorax nuzzled Apex gently. “Even if Apex wasn’t hurt, I’m supposed to be the king, w-what would my subjects think if I ordered an attack on a nymph?”

Pharynx groaned. “Come on, I can make it look like an accident!”

“Pharynx, please just drop it!”

“Bu’ I wan’ Blizzy back!” Apex wailed, and Metamorphosis nuzzled him.

“It’s okay Apex, I’ll get him back for you, okay?” he soothed him.

“Bu’ you’e older than Uncle Pharynx…” Apex sniffled.

“I can do this, I’ll get Blizzard back, I promise.” Metamorphosis assured the nymph, before leaving the throne room.

“Dad, you can’t be serious, he’s a nymph and you’re still on pretty thin ice with everyone since you can’t reform.” Pharynx called as he caught up with his father.

“Why didn’t you hurt Parquel when it happened?”

“I wanted to! I’d have thrown him into the sun without a second thought if Thorax hadn’t reminded me that Apex needed us more than I needed to punch that kid’s lights out!” Pharynx sighed and rubbed his forehead. “I miss when Chrysalis was in charge sometimes, you didn’t get in trouble for hurting kids.”

“Pharynx, I’m sure we can get Blizzard back without hurting the nymph-”

“If we can, it'll be a miracle, the brat’s a psychopath, I blame his parents.” Pharynx muttered as they entered the nursery hive.

“Which one is Parquel?” Metamorphosis asked

“I don’t know, maybe the one punching the stuffed bear identical to Blizzard?” Pharynx snarked, and Metamorphosis shot him a glare, before heading past the other nymphs.

As Metamorphosis and Pharynx passed by, the nursery grew quiet. Pharynx nudged the nymphs aside gently as they came closer. Metamorphosis took a breath, steadying his gaze as he walked calmly towards the yellow nymph.

“Parquel?” Metamorphosis asked, and the nymph didn’t look up.

“Who wants to know?”

“Metamorphosis Brook. I believe you have something that belongs to my grandson.” Metamorphosis said sternly.

“Geez, how many meddling family members does that spoiled brat have?” Parquel asked, looking up at Metamorphosis with a haughty smirk. “Get out of here, I haven’t done anything.”

“Apex said you punched him.”

“They all say that! If there wasn’t a bruise, it didn’t happen, he’s making it up for attention!” Parquel said.

“Then why are you holding his bear?”

“This is mine!” Parquel said, hugging it.

“Apex wrote his name on the bottom of the left hind leg.” Pharynx whispered into Metamorphosis’ ear.

“Can I see that? Apex wrote his name on it.”

“When I said it was mine I meant by playground rules. Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers.” Parquel replied, smirking. “Apex left it here and I just so happened to find it.”

“Kid, give us the bear or I will beat you into hell.” Pharynx snarled.

“Or… we could trade.” Parquel suggested, grabbing Blizzard by the neck and holding him up. “Sure would be a shame if it were to rip…”

“For the love of-we are not paying a ransom for a dumb bear! Give it to me!” Pharynx snarled, lunging at Parquel, but his father's purple aura held him back. “Dad! Let me at him!”

“Pharynx, let me do this! Just trust me.” Metamorphosis cried, hauling his son backwards. Pharynx sighed and nodded.

“Fine. But if you can’t get that bear back in five minutes I'm ripping the kid apart and taking the blood soaked bear back to the grub.” Pharynx whispered to him.

Metamorphosis rolled his eyes at his son and stepped forwards. He knelt down and looked Parquel in the eye.

“Now you listen to me young man. That toy is not yours, it is my grandson’s favorite toy, and what you are going to do is give it to me right now. If this is your way of acting cool, it’s not working, and that bear is only going one place: back into my sweet grandson’s hooves. He is not doing this for attention and you know it. The only reason you’re doing this is because you’re jealous of what an amazing and kind nymph he is, and you know you could never be half of the creature he is. Now give it back, or my son and I will make sure no one, not even Thorax, finds the body.” Metamorphosis said darkly.

Parquel looked startled for a moment, then just smirked. “If the brat’s not spoiled, then why’s he got his dumb grandpa fighting his battles? He’s just scared to face me, and he should be. I threw him into a wall. Imagine what I could do to his dumb bear, and then blame it on you.”

Metamorphosis’ eyes flashed, and then narrowed into slits. “That’s it!”

Metamorphosis lunged forwards and used his horn to pin the nymph to the wall by his tail. Parquel screeched and stared at him in shock.

“I may be a grandfather but I am not afraid to teach a bratty child a lesson! You are not the boss of this nursery just because you can throw a punch! You are a nymph, not an adult, and you cannot treat others this way just because you’ve decided you don’t like someone!”

With that, Metamorphosis pulled back, grabbing Blizzard in his magic. Pharynx stormed over, and quickly slapped Parquel across the cheek, before Metamorphosis grabbed him by the hoof and led him out, father and son hearing the nymph begin crying.

“Sweet Chrysalis that felt good.” Pharynx breathed, and Metamorphosis smiled. “I didn’t think you could be that tough, dad…”

“I try not to show it too much…” Metamorphosis chuckled. “But you know Pharynx, I am always here for my family, all of you. And I would throw my own life on the line to protect my kids. I’m not afraid to get tough to protect you.”

Pharynx smiled, hugging his father briefly. “Come on, let’s give Apex his toy back.”

Metamorphosis smiled, holding the bear gently in his foreleg as they made their way back to the throne room, heading for the nymph in question.

Author's Note:

Pretty sure everyone was waiting for this