• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 1,697 Views, 8 Comments

Paper Mario: Equestrian Folds - FandomPlays1234



Mario has been invited to Equestria for a vacation, what he got was twisted reality folded by the hands of an Origami threat!

  • ...
1
 8
 1,697

Prologue: The Origami King

The sun was shining brightly as Mario and Luigi drove down the dusty path on their way to Ponyville. They had recently received an invitation for a nice vacation ever since Mario's last adventure on Prism Island.

"Are you excited bro?' Luigi asked as he drove down the path.

"Wha oh yeah i guess I am," answered Mario slipping the invitation back into his pocket.

"You're thinking about Peach again aren't you?" asked Luigi. "Don't worry she'll be fine, after all she's got two unicorns protecting her,"

"I know that," said Mario.

"Well then lighten up, it's vacation time, you were looking forward to this weren't you?" asked Luigi.

"Yeah," answered Mario.

"Don't worry bro, Bowser doesn't know about this so we should be fine," said Luigi. "Oh there it is," The two looked up as a small village slowly appeared over the horizon. "Alright, time to pump the gas!" Luigi exclaimed excitedly. "Hang on bro," Mario adjusted his hat as Luigi stepped on the gas and sped towards the small village. "Well here we are, Ponyville," Luigi announced upon arrival. Mario inspected his surroundings as Luigi slowly drove down the streets of the village. The first thing he noticed was that nobody had come to greet them upon arrival.

"Huh strange are they holding some kind of festival or something?" Mario mumbled to himself. He noticed that the village houses were covered with multiple colorful origami and bright streamers hung from the roofs. As they entered the plaza, Mario jumped out of Luigi's cart and looked around.

"Huh where is everybody?" asked Luigi. "I was sure that at least one would be around to say hello," "Mario check the invitation, when are we supposed to be here?" Mario reached into his pocket and pulled out the small beige colored scroll.

"Hmm it's the right day," mumbled Mario. "But I don't see anyone around here,"

"They're not here eh?" asked Luigi, Maybe we should go check the castle," Mario nodded as he jumped into his cart. As he continued to drive down the empty streets, Mario noticed that several large holes on the walls of the houses. The cart carrying the two drove out of the village and made it's way to the large castle in the distance. As they drove, Mario continued to inspect the his surroundings.

"This is too weird," he mumbled. "Ever since we arrived, we haven't seen a single pony what's going on?"

"Well here we are," said Luigi. After a long drive the two finally arrived at the entrance of the castle. Surprisingly the gate was wide opened, as if the guards knew they were coming. Mario jumped off and turned to Luigi. "Alright I'll go park the kart, won't be too long," Mario nodded as he watched his brother drive off. He looked up and examined the castle, much to his surprise, not a single guard could be seen walking around.

"What is this, doesn't this castle have any guards?" Mario asked to himself.

"Sorry for the wait bro, let's go check out the castle," Luigi said walking up to him.Mario nodded as he began walking. As the two walked in they stopped. Not a single pony was there to greet them, just empty and dead silence. "Kinda spooky isn't it, I'd figure we'd meet SOMEBODY by now,"

"Something's not right, I don't know if it's just me, but I suddenly have a feeling that we shouldn't be here," Mario mumbled. His thoughts were interrupted by Luigi's gasp.

"Mamma mia, I forget our luggage in the kart, hang on bro, I'll just go grab them real fast," Luigi turned around and began approaching the large double doors, when they suddenly closed shut on their own. "Huh?" He grabbed the handle and pulled only to find the doors had locked them in. "Ok, I don't like that,"

"What is it Luigi?" asked Mario.

"Uh I think we're locked in," answered Luigi.

"If we're locked in we just have to find a key right?" suggested Mario.

"Oh of course, I knew you'd be smart enough to figure that out bro!" exclaimed Luigi. "Alright I'll go find us that key, if you happen to run into Peach or any other princesses be sure to tell them hi for me," Mario nodded as he watched his brother dash off in search of a key. Mario looked at the double doors behind him.

"I suppose I should go find the Princesses for now," Mario said to himself. He was about to go look for them when a familiar voice called out to him.

"Mario, is that you?" Mario turned around to see a familiar woman walking slowly walking down the stairs. "How good to see you," she said.

"Princess?" asked Mario as he walked up. He noticed that she looked different. Her body wasn't slim and smooth, but rather rigged. Her soulless eyes staring at him.

"It's not just me Mario," she said in an emotionless voice.

"Huh?" Mario looked at her with a confused expression. At that moment three ponies slowly flew down next to her. One was white with a pink, green, and sky blue mane, the second was dark blue with a navy blue mane that seemed to sparkle, and the third was a bright pink pony with magenta and pink curly mane. All three had wings and a large pointy horn. Just like Peach, their bodies seemed rigged and off and had soulless eyes like Peach.

"I want you to meet the royal sisters and the princess of the crystal empire," said Peach. "Princess Celestia, Luna, and Cadence,"

"You must be Mario, we've heard a lot about you," said the white pony.

"It's a pleasure we get to meet like this," said the blue pony.

"A nice opportunity indeed," agreed the pink pony.

"Um it's an honor to meet you too, your majesties," said Mario taking off his hat. "This is strange they don't look normal," he mumbled to himself.

"Mario we wish to ask you something," said Peach.

"Hmm?" asked Mario.

"Shouldn't the Mushroom Kingdom and Equestria be unfolded and be refolded unto glory?" asked Peach.

"Um I don't really know what that means but, no?" Mario answered in a confused voice.

"And what of those Toads and ponies, shouldn't they be silenced for all eternity?" asked Peach.

"What is this, this is starting to creep me out," Mario mumbled to himself. He nervously shook his head.

"Last question, will you crease yourself and be reborn like us?" asked Peach.

"Ok, something is definitely wrong, what's going on here?" Mario asked himself as he shook his head.

"Wrong answer, right answer, it matters not, your replies are all paper thin," said Peach.

"Paper thin?" he asked himself. "What does she mean?"

"Goodbye," said Peach. Suddenly there was a loud bang as the floor underneath him gave out, revealing a trap door.

"Oh come on," Mario whimpered as he fell in. It seemed like an eternity but eventually Mario crashed on the ground as multiple voices yelped.

"Mario!?" Mario groaned as he slowly go to his feet.

"Ouch," He looked up to see Bowser's minions standing in front of him. Next to them though, were strange black ponies were glowing green eyes and black scales. Holes were punched out in their hoofs and transparent green wings flapped on their backs. "Huh?"

"Always gotta make a flashy entrance huh?" asked a Koopa.

"Wha, what are you guys doing here?" asked Mario. "And what are THOSE things?" he asked looking at the strange black ponies.

"Oh these guys?" asked the Hammer Bros. "Apparently they're called Changlings,"

"Changelings?" asked Mario. "Never heard of them,"

"Never mind that, you ain't seen Master Bowser or Mistress Chrysalis anywhere have you?" asked the Koopa. "It ain't like the big lug to leave us minions hangin and the same goes for the changelings apparently,"

"Yeah, our Queen never usually leaves us for this long," added one of the changelings.

"Well I haven't seen anybody since I arrived so I don't know where either of them are," answered Mario.

"Whoa Mario you're here!?" a voice gasped from behind. Mario turned around to see a lone Goomba staring at him in awe. "I'm a big fan-er I mean....I've always wanted to battle you!" he corrected himself. "Even if I get stomped, it would be an honor!"

"Um glad you think that way of me?" Mario chuckled nervously.

"Wow this is so exciting, first I see the not just Peach, but the Equestrian princesses and now YOU!" said the Goomba. "Although I will say that the princesses looked a little different from what I expected, less um lifelike," Suddenly the door behind them opened as three figures walked out. A red Shy Guy, a Changeling, and a yellow Shy Guy.

"Come with us," the red Shy Guy moaned loudly.

"Yeah what's next I've never seen a Toad before or a pony, please tell me it's either one of those!" beamed the Goomba. He waddled past Mario and followed the other minions and changelings into the room.

"Guess I should head in as well," Mario mumbled. He began following in after the Goomba but the red Shy Guy stopped him.

"Not you," he moaned.

"Aww I hope you don't have to wait too long Mario, I'll say hi to Toad for ya, or a pony, or maybe both," said the Goomba. Mario watched as the Goomba and strange Shy Guy walked in, closing the door behind them.

"Huh, what was that all about?" Mario asked himself. His thoughts were interrupted by a timid female voice that seem to be coming from within the castle dungeon.

"Mario is that you?" Mario looked around. He was the only one in the room now.

"Who's there?" asked Mario.

"I need your help, I'm.....I'm.....I'm in a very strange place," explained the voice. "It's cramped and dark, almost like I'm in between dimensions or something,"

"In between dimensions?" asked Mario.

"I'm not sure if i should be amazed or scared, but I'm kinda both?" continued the voice. "Anyway, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to get out now, please, is there anyway you can help?"

"I'm not sure what I need to do but I can try," answered Mario.

"Well for starters you can try and walk around, maybe follow my voice?" suggested the voice. Mario looked around and pinpointed the voice near the wall.

"Here?' Mario asked as he walked over. He didn't notice the strange mark on the ground until he walked over it and it began to glow. "Whoa what the?" He looked down at the now glowing mark on the ground. A large white hand symbol spun around an orange circle

"What was that, did something light up at your feet, is it a Magic Circle?" asked the voice.

"I don't know what a Magic Circle is but it definitely seems like it," answered Mario.

"That's good, I think, I mean, I'm not really sure what you're supposed to do with it," said the voice. "But can you try to use it somehow?"

"I'm not sure how, but yeah," answered Mario. He walked over it and felt a surge of new power flowing through his body. "Whoa what's happening!?" He pulled in his arms before stretching them out only to find that his arms had now turned into large accordion style appendages with origami hands. He looked at his arms in awe

"That sounded good, are your arms all big and foldy now?" asked the voice.

"Yeah I guess you can say that," answered Mario.

"I've heard about this, I think those are called 1,000 Fold Arms," explained the voice.

"Huh no kidding," said Mario.

"Try feeling around a bit, maybe you can help me escape from this strange dimension," suggested the voice.

"Alright," said Mario. He put his hands up against the wall and began to feel around for a bit. Eventually he was able to grasp onto what felt like a flap on the wall. "There," He grabbed the flap and tore it off, revealing and empty space and a small yellow figure stuck against it. Once the part of the wall fell to the ground, Mario's arms returned to it's original state, and the Magic Circle beneath his feet vanished, leaving only a faint mark on the ground. He looked up as the strange yellow figure pulled itself from the wall.

"Wow I'm free from that weird in-between dimension!" she gasped. She turned around to face the wall she just popped out of. "Oh was I just stuck in that wall?"

"Yeah pretty much," answered Mario.

"Ah!" She quickly turned to face him. "You must be Mario," He nodded. "Well nice to meet you Mario, my name is Olivia, you'd probably like to know a lot more about me and why I was trapped like that huh?"

"I guess?" Mario answered in a puzzled tone.

"Well sorry to say, but I don't think we really have time for that now, maybe we should just get out of here," Olivia suggested. "There's just one thing, I'm not exactly fleet of foot, mind if I hitch a ride?"

"What?" asked Mario. Olivia didn't respond and quickly folded herself up before jumping into Mario's overall pockets. "Huh guess that works," He looked up and around the dungeon. "Guess I should find a way out of here," He was about to start looking for an exit when he noticed something sticking out from behind the large boxes. "Huh what's that?" Curiously he walked over and found a large wooden hammer lying on the ground. "What's this doing here?" he asked as he picked it up.

"Whoa what'd you find, it looks big and smashy, maybe try it on something around this room?" suggested Olivia. Mario looked around and walked over to a couple of large boxes and began smashing them with his hammer, revealing a small hole.

"Nice work Mario, I knew you'd be able to find us a way out of here!" said Olivia. "Oh by the way, I just came up with a great idea,"

"A great idea?" asked Mario.

"Yeah, I don't know how useful it will be but if you ever get stuck just let me know and I can try and come up with something witty," explained Olivia. "Maybe we can get to know each other a bit more,"

"Sounds good," said Mario.

"Great but, first let's get out of here," said Olivia. She jumped back into Mario's pockets as he walked out. They came from in between two walls as Olivia cautiously looked around. "Ok I'm getting my bearings, I think we might be in the castle dungeon," "Dungeons smells like this place smells right?"

"I'm not exactly sure, but I guess?" asked Mario. He walked out into the open and began searching for an exit when a familiar voice boomed throughout the dungeon.

"Hey knock it off!" Mario jumped and began checking his surroundings.

"What was that?" asked Olivia. Before Mario could respond another voice followed the first.

"Yes what he said, put down my changelings!" Mario quickly followed in the direction of the two voices. He soon found a small opening where he can look through and walked up. Upon looking through he noticed two folded paper beings hanging from the ceiling. One of which was Bowser. The other had black scales and glowing green eyes with small fangs.

"Bowser?" asked Mario.

"I can see what you're about to do to my minion, and I order you to cut it out!" Bowser roared. Looking to his left he could see the silhouette of a rigid Shy Guy and something large. As Bowser thrashed about trying to escape, two more shadows appeared from the right carrying what appeared to be a paper Koopa.

"What's going on?" Mario mumbled. He watched as the two Shy Guys approached the large object and stopped. The third Shy Guy raised his arms as the paper Koopa started levitating. Suddenly the large object opened up like a large mouth as the third Shy Guy began folding up the paper Koopa before throwing it into the large object. The top of the object slammed down with a resounding snap as Bowser furiously thrashed around. The top of the object slowly rose up as the paper Koopa slowly rose to it's feet. The silhouette looked more rigid than before and walked away in a zombie like fashion. The two Shy Guys from before later returned carrying what appeared to be a changeling.

"Stop, I order you to stop!" hissed the second voice. Just like with the Koopa, the third Shy Guy folded up the changeling and hurled it into the object as it snapped shut. Mario backed away as Olivia jumped out of his overalls.

"What did you see, nothing terrifying I hope," she whimpered.

"That was the last of them" a familiar voice moaned. Mario and Olivia turned around to see the two Shy Guys from earlier along with the rest of Bowser's minions and changelings.

"Except for the mustachioed one," moaned the second Shy Guy. Mario watched as the two wandered off with the rest of Bowser's minions and the changelings.

"Ok, maybe I have time to explain one little thing, those stiff-looking guys are called Folded Soldiers," explained Olivia.

"Folded Soldiers?" asked Mario.

"Yep and I don't want to scare you but they're unbelievably dangerous, I think we should try to avoid them," said Olivia. "What do you think they meant by That was the last of them anyway, the last of what?" "Oh well we should probably find a way out of here," Mario nodded as he continued to search for an exit. He was about to go back the way he came from when a voice spoke up.

"Um excuse me, is somepony there?" Mario looked around but saw that nobody else was in there with him.

"Who's there?" asked Mario.

"Um sorry to bother you but, I kinda need help," said the voice.

"Help where are you?" asked Olivia.

"I'm not sure, it's dark and it's kinda hard to move but you're close, I think," answered the voice.

"Keep talking maybe we can find you," said Olivia.

"Oh, ok," answered the voice.

"Alright Mario, let's find whoever needs our help," said Olivia. Mario nodded as he walked around.

"You're close, I think, I can hear your footsteps," said the voice. Mario managed to pinpoint the voice to a nearby crate and walked over. He knocked on the crate. "Is that you knocking?" asked the voice.

"Yeah," answered Mario.

"Please can you help me?" asked the voice. Mario pulled out his hammer and smashed the box as a small creature fell out. "Hey thanks, I can see a little better now," Mario walked over and took a look at the creature. His head was the only thing visable, the rest of his body was covered in a yellow tape with a strange purple mark. "Hey can you get this thing off of me?" he asked. Mario grabbed a loose end of the tape and pulled. He somehow managed to tear the strange tape off of the creature without ripping apart it's body. "Phew thanks for that," Now that Mario pulled the tape off of the creature, he could get a better look at him. The thing had a small purple scaly head with green spines running down it's back and tail. It had a lime green underbelly with two small wings on it's back.

"Oh so you're a lizard," said Olivia.

"What no, well kinda, I'm a dragon," he answered. "My name is Spike,"

"Oh well nice to meet you Spike, I'm Olivia and this is Mario," she said introducing themselves.

"Wait, YOU'RE Mario?" Spike asked looking at him. Mario nodded. "Oh wow, I've heard a lot about you from Twilight, but I didn't think I'd meet the actual thing," "Ah no time for that, I need to go find my friends!"

"You're friends?" asked Mario.

"Oh right I suppose I should explain," said Spike. "You see, the truth is I'm actually the assistant of one of six ponies that I'm friends with," he explained. "They have this responsibility to protect Equestria and spread the word of friendships to other ponies and creatures, but they also have close relationships with the Princesses,"

"Princesses huh?" Mario repeated. He recalled seeing the three ponies that were hanging around Peach.

"Well they were until Equestria was attacked," he continued. "The royal sisters asked my friends and me to go talk with them about our mission but when we arrived, they suddenly sent a horde of changelings at us, or I think they were, I don't know, they looked kinda strange almost lifeless and stiff,"

"Hmm sounds like Folded Soldiers to me," said Olivia.

"Anyway, my friend Twilight told me to run and seek help while they held off the changelings," continued Spike. "I somehow managed to run back to ponyville and tried talking to this large brown mushroom that was walking around, but then I realized he looked way too big, not only that but it's body almost looked like it was made out of paper scraps,"

"Large brown mushroom, sounds like a Goomba, but it's body was made out of paper scraps?" Mario mumbled.

"Anyway I decided maybe it wasn't a good idea to talk to that thing cause it was eating the walls of one of the houses, but then after that I got hit in the head and when I woke up I found myself tied up in that dark place, which I guess only turned out to be a crate," explained Spike.

"Oh you poor thing, Mario don't you think we should help him out?' asked Olivia.

"Huh?' asked Mario.

"Oh yeah, I was gonna ask, do you think you can help me find my friends?" asked Spike. "I heard they were captured, but honestly I still believe that they're out there, I just wanna find them before anything bad happens,"

"Well what do you say Mario?" asked Olivia. Mario nodded.

"Really you'll help?" asked Spike.

"Seeing how these friends are really important to you, I can't just leave you be, besides if more of those folded soldiers come by, I can't leave you walking around alone, it's too dangerous," said Mario.

"Oh wow thank you, I'll try to help out anyway I can, but first let's find a way out of here," said Spike. Mario nodded and began walking back in the direction he came from. He stopped as he past by the door that the folded Shy Guys came out of earlier and walked up to it.

"This looks like the door that leads into the room Bowser was in earlier, maybe I should try and go help him," Mario opened the door and walked in with Spike following behind. Upon entering he noticed how bright the entire room was. he looked over and saw Bowser and the other figure hanging from the ceiling. "There he is," He walked up to the two and immediately caught Bowser's attention.

"Mario you're here too?" asked Bowser. "Well what are you waiting for get us down from these things,"

"Us?" Mario looked over at the other figure.

"Huh who are you?" she asked.

"Eep Mario, that's Chrysalis, the Queen of the changelings," whimpered Spike.

"Oh great Twilight's pet is here too," she groaned.

"Hey Mario are you listening?" asked Bowser, "You should know that this is no way to treat royalty,"

"Royalty?" asked Olivia. "Ooh nice to meet you both, is everyone in your kingdoms a face too?"

"Pfft you wish, those folded jerks just bent us into these abominations," cackled Chrysalis.

"Never mind that, just get us down from here, we demand to be set free and unfolded," growled Bowser.

"Ugh I don't like that attitude, can we just go Mario?" asked Spike.

"Hey Mario how about you ignore your two friends there and get us down from here?" asked Bowser. "If you do, we'll tell you a secret, no one can resist a good secret,"

"Yeah what he said," agreed Chrysalis.

"Well Mario, what do you want to do?" asked Olivia.

"Honestly, I don't want to trust these two, but seeing how we're in the middle of a crisis, i think we should set our differences aside for now," explained Mario.

"Ha that's more like it, I knew you'd come through Mario!" laughed Bowser. Mario walked up to Bowser and began pulling. "Ow, ow, ow!" After a couple of good hard tugs, Mario managed to pull Bowser off the clip. "Oh, kinda thought I'd just unfold or something," he said.

"Great you got him down, now come over here and help me!" said Chrysalis. Mario nodded as he pulled Chrysalis off of her clip. "That's better, kinda,"

"Well anyways, that secret I promised to tell you, there's a secret exit in this room," explained Bowser. "We heard those jerks talking about it, lousy, no-good, body folding jerks,"

"A secret exit huh?" asked Olivia. "Mario let's find that exit quick and get out of here," Mario nodded as he began searching. He looked around and noticed that a couple of crates in the back corner looked ajar. Curious, he walked over and began smashing them with his hammer to reveal a hidden Magic Circle. "Ah another Magic Circle, Mario you know what to do," said Olivia. Mario walked on top as he unleashed his 1,000 Fold Arms and noticed that the right side of the wall seemed to have a loose flap. He reached over and tore the flap to reveal a hidden exit.

"Hey that must be the secret exit he mentioned earlier," said Spike.

"You're really getting the hang of those 1,000 Fold Arms Mario!" cheered Olivia. Mario and Spike began making their way up the steps with Bowser and Chrysalis following behind. After climbing a long flight of stairs, and listening to Bowser and Chrysalis rant, Mario and Spike finally reached the balcony of the castle, where they were met with a yellow folded Shy Guy, Peach, Celestia, Luna, and Cadence.

"Eep, she can't see me like this," said Bowser.

"Why are you still so flat?" asked Peach. "Why haven't you joined us in folded glory?"

"I don't like where this is going," Mario mumbled.

"Come we can reshape you," said Peach.

"Patience your royal majesties, this will do just fine," said the folded yellow Shy Guy. "So you're Mario, Princess Peach's hero right?" Mario nodded. "Yes you'll do quite well, very crisp, bright colors, I can see it now,"

"Hey I'm crisp!" growled Bowser.

"Will you shut up?" hissed Chrysalis.

"So what do you say, will you volunteer your paper body to the cause?' he asked. "Or will we have to get crumply, join us yes or no?" Mario shook his head without hesitation. "So you refuse eh, take a good look at the princesses, their better this way don't you think?" Mario once again shook his head without hesitation. "Hmph very well, you'll soon feel the power of origami for yourself," he sneered.

"Uh I don't like the sound of that," whimpered Spike.

"Folded Soldiers, come forth!" exclaimed the folded Shy Guy. The doors to the balcony swung open as two folded red Shy Guys emerged along with a folded Goomba.

"I've never seen a folded soldier like that, Mario, does it look like one of your flat paper friends?" asked Olivia.

"I never got to see Toad or a pony," The Goomba moaned as he approached the group.

"Oh dear, it's you isn't it friend?' asked Mario. The Goomba stopped in front of them and looked at them with soulless eyes, before screaming excitedly. "PREPARE TO BE FOLDED!" Suddenly the ground began to shake as Mario, Olivia and Spike were tossed in the center of a massive ring surrounded by a bunch of empty bleachers. As Mario looked around confused, four folded Goombas appeared an walked on top of four panels on the rings

"Wha what the?" yelped Spike.

"Oh no, I'm guessing this your first time facing folded soldiers Mario," whimpered Olivia. "Once these flat paper folks have been turned into folded soldiers, we can't turn them back!"

'Seriously!?" gasped Spike.

"Look I know it seems cruel to fight them, but if we don't they'll try to fold you into origami too!" explained Olivia.

"Tch great," said Mario.

"I'd help you attack but my tiny arms don't pack much of a punch, I don't want to get in your way," said Olivia. "So I'll cheer you on, but you'll have to do the heavy lifting yourself,"

"It's fine I can handle this," said Mario. "I've done this before, how hard can it be?" But just as he said that a loud mechanical whirring could be hear coming from underneath them as a small control panel popped up in front of Mario and the third ring turned four rows to the left, scattering the Goombas and seperating them from the line.

"Hey what's that control panel that appeared in front of you?" asked Olivia. Mario looked down to find a joystick, and three large buttons, one with an R, one with an S, and one with an OK. "Ah we can figure this out later, let's focus on the enemies for now, Mario," said Olivia. "Speaking of, you're surrounded by four folded soldiers, where did the other three come from?" "If they all attack at once, you could get a real pummeling, this looks rough,"

"Wait maybe that's what the control panel is for?" asked Spike.

"Huh what do you mean?" asked Olivia.

"I'm not sure but, I have a feeling this control panel has something to do with the rings, maybe if Mario lines up the enemies using this,"

"Hey great idea Spike!" cheered Olivia. "Mario do you think you can use this?" Mario looked down at the joystick and the buttons. "if you want to line up the enemies, you'll have to chose which ring to move, maybe you can use that stick to select the ring?" Mario grabbed the joystick and tilted it down, as he did one of the rings on the field lit up. "I knew it, you use the stick to select the ring, and I bet the OK is for confirming," exclaimed Olivia. "Alright Mario, go ahead and select the ring you want to move and hit OK," Mario tilted the joystick down making the third ring light up and hit OK. "Alright now I bet you tilt the stick left or right to move the ring," said Olivia. "Go ahead Mario, give it a try," Mario tilted the joystick to the left, causing the third ring to move left. Mario nodded as he lined up the Goomba with the others an hit OK. All four rings flashed in a green light and the control panel retreated into the flap on the ground.

"Hey he did it!" cheered Spike. "Way to go Mario!"

"Not only did he successfully line them up, but if you get a perfect lineup, your attack power increases by 1.5x!" exclaimed Olivia. "That means your attack power will be precisely... oh gosh, I um forgot how to multiply by a point,"

"It basically means he'll do more damage right?" asked Spike.

"Yeah basically, so keep lining up those enemies!" cheered Olivia. Mario quickly turned his attention towards the four Goombas "Now you can stomp these Goombas, go get 'em Mario!" Mario nodded as he jumped up and began stomping on them like usual, going down the line, and making their paper bodies explode into a pile of colorful paper scraps. "Wow those world famous Mario jumps don't disappoint!" cheered Olivia.

"Yeah no kidding, that was awesome!" said Spike. But their celebration was quickly interrupted when the rings began flashing red followed by an alarm and four folded Shy Guys appeared. Standing in a group instead of a line. The trap door opened and the control panel once again popped out in front of Mario.

"Argh more folded soldiers!?" yelped Olivia. "I guess some battles are gonna have enemies attacking in waves, hang tough Mario!"

"Hey you had a hammer didn't you, show me what you can do with your hammer Mario!" said Spike.

"Good idea, I want to see your hammer attack too!" agreed Olivia. The two Shy Guys in front quickly moved to the left, breaking the group. "I'm guessing because you can't hit very far with your hammer, it'll be great for attacking enemies in a group like these, you know the drill Mario, line them up and let them have it!" Mario nodded and grabbed the joystick like before. he tilted the stick down and selected the first ring, then tilted the stick left to line up the Shy Guys and hit OK. The rings flashed green and the panel retreated into it's compartment, leaving Mario to face the folded soldiers. Mario pulled out his hammer and ran up to them, holding the hammer in the air. He waited for a few seconds before jumping up and slamming the hammer down creating a small shock wave that instantly turned the folded soldiers into more colorful scrap paper. "Did you see that, blop ah what a satisfying attack," giggled Olivia.

"That was awesome I love that hammer of yours Mario!" cheered Spike.

"Couldn't be more right Spike!" cheered Olivia. Mario adjusted his hat and gave the two a thumbs up before the ring and bleachers disappeared returning the three back where on the castle balcony.

"Hmph so you defeated the first Goomba, bravo, I assure you it is far from the deadliest creature in this realm," said the folded Shy Guy. "I suppose there's no point in maintaining this charade any longer,"

"Charade?" asked Mario. Suddenly the Shy Guy began levitating before it unfolded and refolded itself into a new form, this time taking on a similar figure as Olivia but with a purple outfit with yellow colors instead of yellow like Olivia's. the figure had yellow hair that covered it's right eye and a shiny golden crown that sat on top of it's head.

"Brother!" Olivia gasped.

"Brother!?" Spike yelped.

"Now THAT is dysfunctional," whispered Bowser.

"Quiet, what if they hear you?" hissed Chrysalis.

"No it can't be, I didn't want to believe it could be you," whimpered Olivia. "How many times have I told you to stop, please you have to stop now!"

"Why couldn't Mario have simply left you in that wall where I put you?" groaned the origami figure. "Sister, if you stand in the way of my ambition, I'm afraid you will not share in my glory as family," "Oh and by the way, I am no longer your brother Olly," he said flipping his hair. "I am King Olly!"

"King Olly?" mumbled Mario. He watched as the Origami King slowly rose to the top of the castle.

"By the time I am done, all of those miserable toads and ponies will be folded, the flimsy paper minions of Bowser and the changelings of Chrysalis shall be reborn as loyal folded soldiers-serving me!" he proclaimed. "And I shall fold, crease, and bend the entire paper world to my whim, the birth of a new origami kingdom!" Suddenly his body began to glow in a purple light as five colored streamers of red, blue, yellow, purple, and green began wrapping itself around the castle.

"Over here!" roared Bowser. Mario and the others looked up as a paper Shy Guy piloting Bowser's clown car emerged from the distance and flew towards them. Mario grabbed Spike and jumped over the streamers with Olivia and Chrysalis following behind them. They jumped off the balcony as the Shy Guy swooped in and caught the group before maneuvering around the streamers and out to safety. Upon looking back, the streamers wrapping around Celestia's castle tightened its grip and tore the entire castle out of the ground and into in air. The group looked down to see a familiar green hat with an L float down and land in the rubble where the castle used to be. Mario looked at Bowser and nodded, allowing him to make an escape. But before they could get far, they collided with the red streamer, knocking Mario, Olivia, Spike, Bowser, and Chrysalis out of the clown car. The Shy Guy quickly turned around and snatched both Bowser and Chrysalis before taking off leaving Mario, Olivia, and Spike falling. the last thing that Mario saw was the castle being carried and dropped on top of a snowy mountain, and the vanishing purple light from Olly.