• Published 20th Oct 2020
  • 195 Views, 1 Comments

The New Equestria - All Creatures Welcome! - Yosh-E-O



Princess Twilight ushers in a new era of friendship by encouraging immigration from lands apart

  • ...
 1
 195

Chapter 4 - Union Of Nations & New Beginnings

There was an awkward pause after Swift entered into Becky’s apartment bathroom and audibly clicked the lock into place.

“Sorry,” the dragon-duck stated nervously. “Though I assure you I left no mess in your bathroom.”

Becky lifted a wing to her beak as she tried to process what she had just heard.

“Birth condition,” continued Yosh. “Almost had it managed, thanks to Isabelle, until I got involved in one of those ‘Save The World’ situations.”

“Oh…,” the elder Budgin awed with both interest and confusion.

“It’s a long story,” the dragon-duck replied while shuffling himself to close the distance between the table and himself. “I’m sure everyone at the archipelago is used to such events happening, too.”

“Now that you mention it,” said Becky while tapping her feathery-fingers upon her beak. “My homeland does have a number of myths and legends on Budgin who fought off monsters and overcoming impossible odds.”

Yosh flashed a smile as he faced straight at where he heard Becky’s voice coming from.
“I’d love to hear some of those stories,” he chirped while pointing a finger to the center of his forehead. “My physical eyes may not work, but my mind’s eye is clear as the day I hatched.”

CA-CLICK
FWOO
KA-KLOK

“Did I hear something about stories?” cheered a very enthusiastic Swift. “Can we hear some of your stories?”

Becky hesitated for a moment as her initial concern was that the young penguin may have forgotten to wash his hands. Though the scent of her lava-rock soap made her know that the responsible youngster had washed his flippers and his face.
“Well,” she considered. “Would you prefer a story to playing a game?”

Yosh looked to where he heard Swift take his seat.

“Please?” pleaded the young penguin with the most adorable puppy dog eyes the Budgin had ever seen in years.

The blue and black-spotted bird looked to see there was still about twenty-five minutes left on the timer for the brownies. This was more than enough time to tell a story, or two.
“Oh, you guys talked me into it,” she sang while getting the lemonade back out of the refrigerator. “Anyone for a refill of juice before I start?”

***

Becky had time for two stories before the brownies were done. She then had time for another while the baked treats cooled enough to be safely eaten. Not too long after did Isabelle return from what she had gone to talk about with Princess Twilight Sparkle about.

“I assume all was well, Mr. Mayor?” the buck-toothed, yellow shih-tzu inquired towards Yosh.

“It was a wonderful time,” he replied while making his way to Isabelle and taking hold of her hand. “I look forward to when you are either able to come to Canine Crossroads, or you may treat us to seeing the archipelago, Ms. Becky.”

“You’re welcome,” she blushed from all the compliments and fun she had up to this point in her day. “And you are most welcome.”

“Do I have to leave now, too?” pouted Swift. “I want to hear more stories and play a game!”

Yosh, Isabelle, and Becky all laughed.

“Nope,” stated the elder Budgin. “You’re stuck with me until your parents get off of work.”

Swift clapped his flippers together and then drummed upon the table with excitement.

“Are you visiting any other immigrants, uh, Mayor Yosh?” Becky inquired.

“Not today,” the dragon-duck replied. “Isabelle and I have a meeting with the visiting delegation from Hope Hollow.”

“Hope Hollow?” wondered both Swift and Becky at almost the same time.

“They, like us, are in Canterlot for the next day,” added Isabelle. “We are interested in their Rainbow Celebration and how we may be able to have a similar event in Canine Crossroads.”

“The citizens of our town really like special events and we get a lot of tourists from nearby towns and islands,” Yosh continued. “However we want to encourage further visits from equestria, The Dragon Lands, and The Budgin Archipelago.”

“Oh?” inquired Becky. “We do have our fair share of celebrations and cultural events that, truly, would be nice to see honored here in Equestria and beyond.”

Yosh slipped on his backpack.
“Would you mind if we popped in tomorrow to talk about how we could get to know and make positive relations with the Budgin?” asked Isabelle.

“Sounds like a date!” chirped Becky.

Isabelle tugged upon Yosh’s arm to hint that it was time to go.

“Well,” the dragon-duck said. “We’ll be by at about 11:00 AM then.”

“It’s a date!” the elder Budgin stated while waving her wing.

***

Becky enjoyed her time with just Swift. They shared stories, played a game of cards, and shared their thoughts on Yosh and Isabelle. Yosh’s potty problems only came up long enough for Swift to apologize for having thought the dragon-duck had done anything of the sort. The bathroom was as clean as he could believe any place to do your private business could ever be. This got a discussion about how losing one ‘sense’ is really not the end of being able to enjoy life. However both did agree that they’d prefer to keep all their senses for as long as possible and knew they should not forget to see their respective doctors who practiced in The Immigration Initiative.

***

Becky almost started crying when Swift teared up over having to go home with his parents. She could not believe how fond of her he had become after such a rough and nervous start. Fortunately, as tomorrow was another work day, Swift was told he’d be able to not only spend time with his new babysitter, but also that it was okay if the pair went on ‘education adventures’.

And this was but the start of many warm and wonderful new memories for Becky. It was nice to feel needed, wanted, and be able to be a mother figure along with a possible ambassador between The Nook Nation and her homeland of The Budgin Archipelago.

Comments ( 1 )

The crime rate just got a little bit higher time to build a wall around Equestria

Login or register to comment