• Published 6th Nov 2020
  • 4,070 Views, 84 Comments

A New Beginning Sunsets Second Chance - Drekoswordhunter



After everything she's done. She believes she deserve all the pain she has . Until her new friends and family show her how wrong she is.

  • ...
9
 84
 4,070

Chapter 4 Sunsets home

As Luna and Sunset leave the clinic, Luna asks " So were do you really live at Sunset? "

"So you've already checked my file haven't you? " said Sunset not surprised.

" Yes, after Twilight told us about you being from another world we realized you must have been alone all this time," Luna answered honestly, "Finding out where you were currently living was one first the things we thought of."

"Ok, but I need to stop at the school first to get some of my things and my bicycle."

"Do you ride your bike to school every day? " asked Luna worryingly.

"Usually i would just ride to the nearest bus stop to my home and ride the bus the rest of the way. I would hide by bicycle in the alley way till I got back," Answered Sunset.

" But because of the slight time difference between here and Equestria had get to the school really early to access the portal. So I had to leave my bicycle hidden behind the school, " said Sunset sadly remembering what happened the night before.

"Ok, but then your going show me your were you live."

"I promise."

***********************

Is was about noon on Saturday and Rarity was sitting at a table in the back of Sugercube Corner waiting for her friends to arrive. Well everyone exempt Pinkie Pie who was already here working and would join her when the others arrived. Applejack was the first to arrive. She order a glass of apple cider and joined Rarity in the back.

"Hey Rarity, have you heard anymore about Sunset?" She asked as she sat down at the table.

" Yes , Vice principal Luna is taking her home. "

"That's good. But that's not the only thing that's been bothering me," Said Applejack.

" You're referring to what Rainbow said aren't you, Darling? " asked Rarity.

"Ya. I'm worried that she's not going to give Sunset a chance." She said worryingly, "Ah mean Ah know shes done some terrible things in the past and Ah don't trust her right now ether. But since Twilight asked us to help her, Ah honestly want to give her a chance."

" Yes she certainly seems that way, but I think part of it is act. "

"You really think so? "Asked Applejack

"I mean think about Darling, out of all of us she the most loyal to her friends and Sunset still managed to break that. She probably feels like she failed her friends by letting that happen."

" So you think she's worried it will happen again, " said Applejack, "That would explain a lot."

"Fluttershy and Rainbow are here and there making there order. So Mrs.Cake said I could go on break now too!" Pinkie pie said as sat down at the table with a plate of cupcakes and asked, "Watcha talking about?"

" How Rainbow -" was all Applejack managed to say before Pinkie interrupted her

"Oooooh you mean how Rainbow is the most loyal to us but that didn't stop Sunset from break us up especially her and Fluttershy cause you know how long those two have been together together and Sunset bullied Fluttershy the most and hates herself just an much as she hates Sunset for everything that happened," Pinkie said fast and in a single breath.

They looked at her surprised and Applejack said," Wait wait wait back up ah minute, when ya say together did mean?

" What you didn't know? "

"Ya Fluttershy how did she know? " Rainbow asks Fluttershy as they both arrive to the table in time to hear part of Pinkies explanation

" Well you know it hard to hide anything from Pinkie, " said quietly blushing Fluttershy as they sat down at the table.

"Well color me surprised," replied Applejack.

"Will don't congratulate us yet we aren't back together yet," Said Rainbow sadly.

"Will if it help, I hope you two get back together." said Rarity hopefully but turned serious as she said "but we probably shouldn't let Sunset hear about breaking up your relationship. I'm sure she feels bad enough as it is. "

" How are we going help Sunset? " asked Fluttershy.

"O o o we should throw her a party welcoming her as our new friend! " said Pinkie excitingly.

"Or maybe we can just ask her to hang out with us," suggested Applejack.

" I don't think we should help her. " said Rainbow

" Now Rainbow if we did that we would no better that she was and we would disappoint Twilight by not trying," Rarity pointed out.

"Ya fine but that doesn't mean I have to like it. "

" But I think the best thing we can do is approach her one at a time so we don't overwhelm her."

They were all nodded in agreement except Rainbow who just shruggedher shoulders.

"So who whats to help Sunset first? " asked Rarity.

*********************

"Turn left here, then turn left on a unmarked gravel road a little ways down, " instructed Sunset.

After they got Sunset bike and few things from her locker, they made there way to Sunsets home. The way to Sunset home was just outside of town near Sweet Apple Aches and the Dream Valley Ranch. Luna turns on the gravel road and ride down it a little to Sunset home. It was small old looking ranch style house that look ready to collapse. Luna parked the her car and got out to help Sunset with her stuff.

" You don't have to get out," Sunset said, " I can get my stuff. "

"Sunset if I'm going to be your guardian I need to see your home life for myself.

"Ok but I promise it's not much to look at."

They walk into the front door of the old house. Sunset sets her bike next to the door and opens the unlocked door. They walked inside and Luna examined the area. It look just as old inside as it did outside. Inside was a living room that Sunset turned into a bedroom. She sees a mattress in the floor and A pile of blankets next to it. She could see an guitar that was missing a few strings sitting on a stand near the bathroom door. In the other side of the room she sees a old desk with a small stack of folded clothes. Sunset placed her things on floor next to her bed .

Sunset turns to Luna and asks " What do you think? "

"Sunset how have you been able to live here all this time? Do you even have water or electricity?" asked a worried Luna.

"Well I don't have electricity but I do have water. The waters always cold thou. I don't eat meat so I've gotten by on cheap cans of vegetables with money I got from bully the other kids." explained Sunset sadly at the last part.

"This is not a good way to live Sunset. "

"Will I've been able to get by just fine for the last 2 years," said Sunset a little frustrated at Luna's comment.

"How did you even find this place?" asked Luna.

Sunset sat down on her bed and said, "When I arrived here in this world it didn't go unnoticed. I was found by someone who knew about Equestria. It turns out I wasn't the first pony come though the portal. They told me there family has watched over the portal for generations. They helped me get use to this body and told me I could use this place. There the ones who also forged my school papers for me. "

"Who are they?"

"I can't tell you that. " Sunset explained, "I promised I wouldn't tell anyone in exchange for them helping me. And they told me about this place since I planned to go back home so I had done here to stay till the portal reopened."

"What are you going to do now that your still here?"

"I don't know. I never thought about anything beyond my misplaced need for revenge." Sunset answered sadly

"Sunset as your soon to be guardian, let me find you a better place than this."

" This place is perfect for me. "

"How so? "

"A terrible place for a terrible person. "

Luna hated see Sunset talk down to her self like this. I reminded her of times in her past when she thought the same about herself. It had took the help of her sister and their friends to get her out of that dark place. She knew Sunset was alone in this world and wanted to help Sunset the same way that they helped her. Luna sat down on the bed next to her.

"Sunset I wouldn't be a very good guardian or person if let you stay here. " explained Luna.

"I know been you've been on your own for a long time but you don't have to do that anymore. So please let me find you a better place to stay and you wont need to worry about food or money cause I'll make sure you have everything need to get by." Luna said as tears rolled down her cheeks as she pleaded with a to let her help.

Sunset began to cry too " Why would you go so far for me? "

"Because I was like you once. I was in a similar place emotionally too and I couldn't have gotten thru it with out my sister and our friends."

They both were quiet for a moment as their tears dried up.

Sunset broke the silence first," Thank you for the offer, but if it's alright with you I'll like to think about it. "

"Ok but if need anything please call me." Luna said giving Sunset a piece of paper with her number on it. "

They said there goodbyes and Luna drove away even more worried about Sunset then she was before.

*************

Celestia arrive at a small house in small cul-de-sac. She parked her car in the drives way and got out. She hadn't talked to Discord in along time and all honesty she been avoiding it. But she didn't come here to make amends with him. She was here for Sunset and Luna. She walked to the door and rings the bell. After the second try she heard someone come. When the door opens she is greeted by a tall man with white hair and a short beard. He is in dressed a sweater vest with a white shirt underneath with a pair of kakes. He was smiling when he saw who was at the door

"Why Celestia, it's been so long since I've seen you! Come on in, " He said welcoming her inside.

She walked inside and followed him to his living room. It looked the same as it did the last time was here. There was a fire place with a flat screen tv above it and multiple shelves of books.

She sat down in a chair next to the door and he asked, "Can I get you anything? A glass of tea maybe?"

" Yes tea would be fine," she answered.

He went down the hall to his kitchen to make some tea and about ten minutes later returned with a tray in hand with a teapot and cups on it. He sat the tray on the small table next to Celestia and sits in the chair on the other side of the table.

As he pours tea into there cups he asks, " So how have you been doing, my dear? "

"I'm doing fine but I didn't come here to catch up. I need a favor," She said as she took a sip of her tea.

" Anything for you Celestia, my dear. "

"It's more for Luna and one of our students," Celestia explained.

She then explained everything that's happened over the last 2 years. Everything from Sunset being from another world to how she bully all the students to turning into a demon and how she was stopped by six girls using the magic of friendship. He sat quietly for a few minutes prossessing what she told him.

When he finally spoke he asked "Ok I'll help. What do you need me to do?"

"I need you to hack in to the government database and create a file for Sunset so that Tempest can file papers to give Luna guardianship of Sunset. We wat give her a chance at a future here in this world, " explained Celestia.

"You do realize this is illegal. Last time I used my hacking skills illegally to help Luna and Tempest you broke up with me and refused to talk to me for the last 15 years."

" I know and I'm sorry for the way I treated you, but this time this really is the only way to help her. "

He thought for a moment and answers ."Ok but it will take a few days."

" Thank you." Celestia said as she finished her tea."Oh and let me know if you find any information about this world's version of Sunset."

She then got up to leave and Discord escorted her to the door. Before she walks out the door he says, "It was nice talking to you again Celestia. I hope we can talk again soon. I really have missed you. "

"So did I." she admitted while smiling happily .

******************

Luna walk in to the house she shared with her girlfriend Tempest. She was greeted by her when she walks in.

"Hey babe, how did it go?" Asked Tempest.

Luna walk into the living room and slumped down into a chair. Tempest rush over to her side.

"Luna what happened? "

Luna looked up at her tears pouring down her face. "You should seen it. It was terrible. She's been living in an old abandon house outside of town. She has no electricity and she barely had anything in that house. I even offered to get her a better place. But she believes she deserve to be in a place like that."

" Well once I get the guardianship papers your be able to provide for her everything she needs. "

"Douse that mean?"

"Yes, I just talk Celestia and Discord's going to help. It's going to take a few days for him to get it done and then it will take me a couple more days get the papers."

"So I could have guardianship of her within aweek? "

"That's about right."

Luna was happy at the news she pulled Tempest into tight hug. After a minute she let go.

"Tempest, when I offered to find Sunset a place to live I was thinking -"

"You what her to come live with us in the spare bedroom, right?"asked Tempest knowing what she was going to say.

"Yes, if that's ok with you," Luna said hopefully.

" It is."

"You really are the best girlfriend I could ask for."

Luna spent the rest of the night happily thinking about how things will be with Sunset living with them.