• Published 6th Nov 2020
  • 4,069 Views, 84 Comments

A New Beginning Sunsets Second Chance - Drekoswordhunter



After everything she's done. She believes she deserve all the pain she has . Until her new friends and family show her how wrong she is.

  • ...
9
 84
 4,069

Chapter 13 making plans

Sunset was in Celestia's office when Celestia told her about some of the other plans she had for her.

"I'm going to have you help out Pinkie Pie and her decorating committee with decorating the school for Halloween next week," Celestia explained.

"Ok. Sounds fun."

"As well as helping Rarity with making the costumes for the Halloween play once she gets her designs approved," Celestia Added.

" Rarity already told me about it."

"She did?" Celestia asked surprised.

"Ya, She told me earlier today during lunch," Sunset explained, " She told me she wanted my help designing the costumes as well as making them. "

"Well that's good," Celestia smiled happily, "There's is one other thing I have planned too, but we'll get to that in a little bit. Right now I want to hear about your day. "

Sunset tells Celestia about the girls who knocked her stuff out of her hands this morning after she left Celestia's office. Celestia asked her she knew who did it and Sunset tells her no. Then Sunset told her that Rainbow Dash helped her pick her stuff up and about their tutoring session. She also tells her about how she made amends Flash Sentry as well. Not long after Sunset finishes telling Celestia everything, theres a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Celestia calls out.

The door opens and Fluttershy walks in.

"Fluttershy, what are you doing here?" Sunset asked.

"Oh, I'm here speak with principal Celestia." replied Fluttershy.

"Oh ok. Then let me get-"

"No you can stay Sunset."

"Really?"

"Yes. You can begin when your ready Fluttershy."

"Umm ok. As we were discussing before, the animal shelter wants to put together a adopt-a-pet event and I was hoping to get the school help sponsor it," Fluttershy explained, "We hope to find new home for the animals."

"What if someone wants to help, but can't adopt?" Celestia asked.

"The shelter also excepts donations for those who still want to help. Donations go towards feeding and shelter the animals."

"Where were you planing on holding this event? "

"We haven't decided on a location yet."

" How about here at the school on a Saturday two weeks from now? Will that be enough time? "

Fluttershy was surprised and happy, "I think that will work but I better check with Dr. Fauna just in case."

Once Fluttershy leaves the room to call Dr. Fauna, Celestia tells Sunset, "Sunset, I want you to help Fluttershy out with this event."

"You do?" Sunset asked surprised .

"Yes, I think it would be a great experience for you."

Soon Fluttershy returns with news that Dr. Fauna is on board with the idea. Celestia then tells Fluttershy that Sunset will be helping her.

"That's great!" Fluttershy said excitingly, "I was just telling Sunset the other day that she should come help out at the animal shelter."

"Are you sure?" Sunset asked.

"Of course, Why don't you come with me to the animal shelter tomorrow after school. You'll be able to meet Dr. Fauna and all the different types of animals we have at the shelter."

" Ok, I'll just have to check if it's ok with Luna. "

They then talked about the different types of animals that they would have and where they should hold it in the school. Then the bell rings signalling the end of the day. Fluttershy went back to her class to get her stuff and Sunset went to Luna's office after they said there good to each other and principal Celestia.

***************

On the drive home Sunset tells Luna about her day.

"Sounds like the tutoring session went pretty well. " said Luna.

"Ya but I know she still happy about it."

"Well it was only the first session, I'm she'll come around eventually."

" I hope so too," replied Sunset, "I was able to make amends with Flash Sentry. We're going to start over as friends."

" That's good. "

"And umm Rarity wants me to come over Saturday to help her design the costumes for the Halloween play. So I wondering if thats ok?"

"Of course." Luna says a little surprised but happy that Sunset was already treating her like her guardian.

"Celestia is letting Fluttershy put together an adopt a pet event at the school in a two weeks and I'm going to be helping her. So Fluttershy also want me to help her out at the animal shelter tomorrow after school to get to know the animals."

"Sounds like fun. "

"Ya, I'm actually looking forward to hanging out with them outside of school," Sunset said happily.

Luna smiled while feeling happy that Sunset was happy. Luna then told her that the landscapers finished fixing the schools front yard by filling I'm the hole and placing fresh grass on top.

When they arrived home, they were greeted by the smell of a home cooked meal. Tempest was cooking a broccoli and cheese casserole. Sunset was looking forward to it. She then went up stairs to drop her stuff off.

When she walks into her room, She finds Tantabus laying on her bed. When Tantabus sees her she jumps off her bed runs over to Sunset. Sunset puts her bag down before picking her up. Tantabus then climbs up on to her shoulders. Sunset pets her on the head before heading back down stairs.

When she returns down stairs, She finds Luna relaxing in a chair reading a book. Luna looks up from her book when Sunset walks in and sees Tantabus on her sholders.

"Well aren't you something?" Luna says to Tantabus.

Tantabus moves its head up and down as if to says she was agreeing with her.

"I found her waiting for me in my room again." Sunset said as she walks closer to Luna.

Tantabus then jumps down to lay in Luna's lap.

"Looks like she's still mommas girl thou."

"She sure is." Luna says as she pets Tantabus.

A few minutes later, Tempest calls out "Dinners ready!"

Luna and Sunset join Tempest in the kitchen. Tempest had already filled there plates with broccoli and cheese casserole, bread rolls and mashed potatoes. They all say down at the table, and began to eat and talk about there day. Tempest was excited to tell them the good news she had for them.

"So I got some good news for y'all!" Tempest announced.

"What is it?" asked Luna.

"I got all of Sunset's papers including the guardianship papers today. So Saturday morning we'll go to DMV and get you an id card made and pick up a driver's manual."

" But I made plans with my friend, Rarity on Saturday, " said Sunset.

"Don't worry we'll be going early in the morning, so we can get there before it opens and gets too busy." Tempest explained, " So you'll still have plenty of time to be with you friend. "

"Ok," said Sunset understandably, "Then can we sign the papers after dinner?"

"Actually I was thinking we should throw you a party, welcoming you to the family as well as a signing ceremony."

"That's a great idea!" said Luna excitingly.

"You don't have to do that." Sunset said, " I already feel like a welcomed part of the family. "

"Well your getting a party because you deserve one." said Tempest honestly, "Plus I already hired a party planner."

"She's right." agreed Luna, "You've been working so hard this past week to better yourself. You deserve this chance to celebrate."

Sunset felt a little teary eyed as she said, "I don't know what to say. You two keep doing so much for me and I haven't given you anything in return."

" We're not doing any of this because we expect anything in return," Tempest said.

"We're doing this because we care about you. " said Luna.

"Thanks I promise to pay you back some day."

"You don't have to do that." replied Luna.

"But I want to," Sunset explained, " Because I've never had anyone care about me the way you two have. "

Luna and Tempest both felt so happy to hear Sunset tell them that, that they too started to get teary eyed too.

A few minutes of them continuing to eat dinner, Luna asks "Who's the party planner you hired?"

"The best party planner in Canterlot or at least that's what her ad claims. She has a ton of great reviews online."

Luna and Sunset look to each other, both thinking they may know this party planner.

"Do you remember her name?" Luna asks

" Hmm. " Tempest thought for a moment, "Her name was a color and a dessert."

"Pinkie Pie." Both Luna and Sunset said together.

"Ya, that's it!" Tempest remembered, "Wait do you know her?"

"Yes, she's a student at my school." Luna answered.

" And one of my friends. " Sunset added.

"Well what a coincidence." Tempest said surprised, "No wonder she sounded super excited about planning this party."

After they finished eating dinner, they went to the living room and watched a movie together before going to bed for the night.