• Published 6th Nov 2020
  • 4,079 Views, 84 Comments

A New Beginning Sunsets Second Chance - Drekoswordhunter



After everything she's done. She believes she deserve all the pain she has . Until her new friends and family show her how wrong she is.

  • ...
9
 84
 4,079

Chapter 12 Tutoring

Sunset thought the Study session with Rainbow Dash was going pretty well, even with Rainbow begrudgingly going along with it. They worked in a corner of the detention room away from the other students. They started off with geometry and chemistry. Sunset took her time to carefully explaining everything so Rainbow could understand it. And over time Rainbow slowly got the hang of it.

Sunset looked up at the clock and said "Well that's all for now. I've got to go help Granny Smith in the cafeteria again today. So we'll continue this after lunch."

"Sure," Rainbow said begrudgingly.

"Will you be joining us at lunch today?" asked Sunset.

Rainbow just shrugged her shoulders in response.

"Ok, well I'll see you later," Sunset said before leaving.

Rainbow just sat at her desk and continued studying alone till lunch.

************

Sunset was in the break room in the back of the cafeteria. As she began to eat her lunch she was surprised to see Flash Sentry walk in with his guitar strapped to his back and carry his lunch tray.

"Flash? What are you doing here?" Sunset asked surprised.

"I was wondering how you were doing," Flash explained as he say down at the table, " I asked Rarity this morning and she suggested I join y'all for lunch so I could ask you myself. I hope that ok? "

"No. Of course not. Where is everyone?

" Well I saw Applejack eating lunch with Rainbow Dash. Rarity told me Pinkie Pie made a mess of the science lab again and Fluttershy volunteer to help her clean it up. Rarity will be joining us soon she was still in line to get her lunch. "

"Oh. Ok."

It was quiet for a minute before Flash spoke again, "So how are you doing?" He asked concerned.

"A lot better than I have been in a long time, thanks to the girls and the principals. Thou it can be hard to handle all the hate everyone has for me."

" Ya, I'm sure it's not easy but at least you don't have to go through it all alone and I want you to know that I'm here for you to. "

"I'm actually surprised by that and that your here."

" Why's that? " Flash asked curiously.

"I lead you along when I never had any real romantic feels for you or ever intended to. I just used you to increase my popularity and power over the student body, like shiny trophy I wanted to show off," Sunset explained, "I even tried to kill the girl you liked and brainwash you."

" I know and even after all that, I still care about you. Maybe not in the same way as I did before but I'm glad you've changed and I want to help you any way i can." Flash said sincerely. "And I hope we can still be friends."

"Yes we can and thanks Flash. I appreciate that.

Then Rarity walks in and joins them at the table. " Sorry to keep you waiting, Darling. The lunch line atrocious.

The three of the made small talk for a while till Flash had to leave them to talk to his band about a new song he was working on. After Flash left Sunset told Rarity about want had happened with Rainbow.

"I can't believe she did that. We all agreed that it was best not to say anything to you about it." Rarity said in disbelief.

"So y'all were hiding it from me." Sunset said sadly.

"No Darling don't take it the wrong way. We knew you were already feeling bad about the things you did. We didn't what to add to it." Rarity explained, "Honesty Applejack and I didn't find out about it till a few days ago. They kept it secret from us too."

"Really?" Sunset asked surprised, "Why would they keep it secret from there friends?"

"I don't know. but were not going to hold it against them."

" I wonder how many other things I caused that I don't know about. " Sunset wondered.

"Well Darling, it's best not to dwell on the things you don't know about. It will only slow you down as you walk the path to making yourself better."

" Thanks Rarity. " Sunset said sincerely.

"And speaking of making things. I don't know if you know this yet, but I'm making the costumes for the Halloween play."

" Yay, I know. " Sunset said remembering the flyer she got from Mrs. Inkwell.

"Well I was wondering if I could get your help with coming up with the designs."

Sunset was surprised, "You really want my help?"

"Yes for two reasons," Rarity explained, " One, I remembered Pinkie telling me how great an artist you are."

" I don't think my arts all that great. " Sunset said modestly, "What's the other reason?"

"I don't know if you have been told this yet or not, but vice principal Luna had I asked me if I'd be willing to let you help me make the costumes and I said yes."

" No I didn't know that. Principal Celestia has told me everything she has planned for me to do yet. "

"Well I'm not surprised since I don't start making the costumes till next week. I have to get the designs approved before I can even start making them," Rarity explained, "But I figured if your going to help me make the costumes than you should help me with the designs too."

" Are you sure? I don't know how much help I'll be. "

" Don't sell yourself short. "Rarity said encouragingly, "Every little bit counts. "

"Then I'll do my best," Sunset said happily, "When do you want to start?"

"How about Saturday morning around ten o'clock."

"Sounds good to me. As long as Luna ok with it."

" Do you mean vice principal Luna? "Rarity asked, "Why do you need her permission?"

"It's not important." Sunset said trying to dodging the question .

Rarity was going inquiry more about it but the bell rang signing the end of lunch. So Rarity decided not to worry about it right now and gave Sunset her address before saying goodbye to her.

*******************

Sunset returned to detention to continue tutoring Rainbow Dash. This time they worked on English and world history. Rainbow was better in these two subjects than she was with the other two. So she she didn't have to help her as much as before. Which was good in the case of history. Sunset had an easy time with most of the other subjects because they were pretty much the same in Equestria. Except for a few things here and there. But learning the history of another world filled with war and strife was I bit harder for her. Even thou she is one of the smartest students in the school she still had to study extra hard for that subject.

Sunset continued to tutor Rainbow till the last hour of the day.

"That's all for today," Sunset said while gathering her things, " I'll see you later."

After Sunset leaves, someone walks over to Rainbows desk in the corner of the room.

"I can't believe your letting her boss you around like that again."

"What do you want Lightning Dust?" Rainbow asks.

Lightning Dust sits down in the seat that Sunset was sitting in a moment ago. "First you let her break you, your friends, and your girlfriend up. Then it takes someone from another world to get you to finally stand up to her and take down that demon bitch. Only for you to let her boss you around again.

" It's not like that. She's just tutoring me, " Rainbow explained, "Besides principal Celestia did give me much choice in the matter."

" I'm just say, how much longer before she's back to being who she really is."

Lightning Dust's cronies; Rolling Thunder and Short Fuse, walk over and join the conversation.

"Someone should really sick it to her," Rolling Thunder suggested, " before she takes over again. "

"Ya," Short Fuse agreed, " She needs to pay for what she's done. "

"Whatever," Rainbow said, " I don't really care. "

The bell rings and Rainbow gets up to leave. Rainbow didn't care if they were planning something. She didn't want to have anything to do with ether side. At least that's what she told herself. But she would eventually come to regret that choice.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter update and long wait.
Next chapters already written I just have to type up
So I will hopefully have it up within a week.

I am also almost done writing the first chapters for two other stories I've been working on and hope to publish them soon as well.