• Published 28th Oct 2020
  • 272 Views, 0 Comments

Pinkie and Rainbow’s Shadowy Playdate - Badguy400



A story about a playdate of sorts. Also, this was an idea I had since I saw a “certain” animatic on YouTube.

  • ...
 0
 272

Prologue: The Calm Before The Storm (Literally)

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were at the Crystal Empire; trying to decide what souvenir to bring home back to Ponyville. They were at the Crystal Empire because firstly; Flurry Heart was having trouble flying ever since she first turned six. Secondly; somepony was having a birthday party, but with no one to celebrate it with. Lastly; they were bored with the same routine of Ponyville, and wanted to do something fun. So they’ve decided to visit the Crystal Empire, explore a bit, and then went to the souvenir shop before they left. However...

“Ugh, I can’t decide”, said Rainbow Dash in a huff. She was choosing whether to get a crystal empire snow globe for her toy collection at home, or getting herself a nice piece of magic crystal that can supposedly give you a nice dream after you’ve fallen asleep. Basically, it’s a novelty that magically plays out any calming sound or noises that’ll help its user get a good night sleep; whilst lighting up the room with soothing colors.

Pinkie Pie was feeling anxious, and was fidgeting around in anticipation. “Ooh, hurry dashie. I don’t know how much longer we have.”

Rainbow turned towards Pinkie Pie, and said; “relax pinkie. I’m just deciding what to get before we leave. Besides...”. She then starts to lean against the counter, and continued, “...we have all the time that we could ever have. I’m sure we can make it back before the train tracks frost over, right?”

Pinkie Pie thought it over; before nodding in agreement. Once Rainbow Dash has decided to just get both souvenirs, they both left the shop and moved towards the train station to catch the train before it either leaves, or gets stuck due to the tracks being frosted over. Unfortunately... that’s exactly what happened. Meaning, the tracks have frozen over, and the train is no longer operational. With that, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie then decided to head back to the Crystal Empire castle to wait it out.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie then started to have fun with their new souvenirs. Until...