• Published 15th Oct 2020
  • 328 Views, 2 Comments

Brony's Holiday - TheGamerBrony



Brony despises the holidays. So much so that he decides to "pull a Gallus" on the tree.

  • ...
 2
 328

Brony Does the Deed

One snowy winter night in Equestria, the students at the School of Friendship are preparing to go home for winter break. Brony T. Pony, however, wasn’t doing anything to prepare for the journey back home. He was absolutely not looking forward to going home. In fact, he wasn’t looking forward to the holidays. All his life, the holidays made him miserable. As a child, he never had the chance to properly celebrate the holidays with his family as most of the day was having to hear his parents argue over what Brony would get (which would eventually lead to him not getting anything for Hearth’s Warming) or which yule log to tune to. When Brony was six, his mother had enough and she left her abusive husband, taking Brony with her. Since then, Brony despised the holidays and everything they stood for. The sight of the school’s decorations and everyone spreading joy made him furious. He thought that something had to be done.

He left his room and made his way to the storage closet. He opened the closet and found a jar of goo powder on the top shelf. He flew up, took the jar of goo powder, and flew to the common room where the tree was. Thoughts then swirled into the young pegasus’s head. Although he couldn’t stand the sight of the school’s Hearth’s Warming cheer, another voice in his head begged him to consider the consequences. If he were caught doing the deed, his time at the School of Friendship could come to an early end. However, Brony ignored this advice and went on with his plan. He flew to the top of the tree and emptied the jar into the Fire of Friendship. A few seconds later, purple goop flew across the room, covering everything in sight.

“Yikes! That was some really dirty work! But it’s done. Good riddance!” Brony thought to himself as he escaped through the window.

Right after Brony escaped, the school’s guidance counselor and principal, Trixie and Starlight Glimmer, both walked into the room to check on everything. However, they were both shocked at the state of the room.

“Oh no! This happened again? How? I thought Gallus was adopting to spending the holidays with Sandbar very well.” Starlight, a purplish-pink unicorn with a purple mane and tail with a turquoise highlight in her mane and tail, cried.

“Let’s not blame Gallus right away. He didn’t want this to be a repeat and has since learned his lesson.” Trixie, a blue unicorn with a light blue mane and tail, replied.

“I guess you’re right, Trixie. Best find the real culprit. And if it was Gallus again, he’s out of here. Forever.” Starlight replied as they went to the dorms to gather all the students.


When the students gathered in the common room, they each felt a mixture of sadness, shock, and anger.

“So not cool!” Sandbar, a green earth pony with a shaggy, bluish mane and tail, complained.

“Not again!” Ocellus, a blue changeling, added.

“Everycreature, Counselor Trixie and I brought you all in here because when we walked into the common room, the first thing we saw was goo powder all over the place. Again. We are disappointed and furious. We thought you would all know better than to have a repeat of this incident happen! Trixie and I will question all of you one-by-one and whoever was responsible for this mess will miss out on your holiday break. He or she will stay here over the entire two week period and will be completing extra friendship lessons, including a much-needed lesson on empathy.” Starlight said sternly.

“If none of us confesses, will we all have to stay over break?” Silverstream, a pink hippogriff with a blue mane and tail, asked.

“I’m afraid so. Now, while I take Yona in for questioning first, the rest of you will have to clean up. If you want to go home, this room needs to be spotless from top to bottom. Come on, Yona.” Starlight added.

Now with Yona, Trixie, and Starlight out of the room, the others started to point fingers (or talons or hooves or whatever) at each other.

“So?” Smolder, an orange dragon with purple spikes shaped to look like a mohawk, asked, looking at Gallus, a blue griffon with tan belly fur and yellow on the tips on his head feathers.

“What?” Gallus replied.

“Don’t play dumb with me, Bluey! I know you had something to do with this!”

“You’re wrong! I didn’t do it! Honest!”

“He’s right, Smolder. It wasn’t Gallus. He was with me the whole time, packing to go to my house” Sandbar added.

“Was Corn in the room?” Smolder asked.

“No, but I didn’t do it either. Peg and I were together, preparing to head back to Galloping Grove” Corn, a blue unicorn with a blue mane and tail and a red jacket, replied.

“And before you ask, it’s true. I saw him the whole time. And Ocellus too. Y’know, come to think of it, Smolder, you’re the only one who has their own dorm room, so…” Peg, a pink pegasus pony with blond hair, added.

“Are you seriously accusing me right now? Look, I may not be into the holiday spirit, but I would never risk myself getting into trouble! Now, let’s go back to solving this riddle. If Gallus was in Sandbar’s room and if Sandbar’s roommate was in Peg’s room and if Peg’s roommate was in Peg’s room, where was Gallus’s roommate?” Smolder replied.

Suddenly, all eyes were on Brony, a black pegasus pony with a green and black mane and tail.

“Alright, fine! Y’all caught me! I was the one who made the mess! And I’d do it again!” Brony chimed in, feeling angry.

“But…why?” Silverstream said sadly, on the verge of tears.

“Because, I absolutely despise the holidays! It’s supposed to be a time of joy, but to me, it’s a time of misery!” Brony replied.

“Well, that’s no reason to ruin everything for us.” Ocellus said sternly.

“Actually, it is. I’ve suffered all my life and now y’all are gonna suffer with me!” Brony replied.

“No, we’re not! We’re gonna go home and celebrate with our families while you sit by yourself, learning about empathy!” Sandbar retorted.

Suddenly, Starlight, Trixie, and Yona went back into the room.

“Who’s next?” Trixie asked.

“Actually, we know who did it. He just confessed.” Sandbar spoke up.

“Sandbar, if you tell her, you’re dead!” Brony shouted.

A very angry Starlight walked up to Brony. “Excuse me, Brony? Did you just threaten to kill Sandba…”

Suddenly, Starlight’s anger turned to shock. “Brony, d-did you do this?”

“I did. And I’d do it again.” Brony replied.

“Brony, I’m shocked. You’re a model student. You’re in the honors program with straight As. How could you stoop to this low? And on Hearth’s Warming. You do realize you tried to ruin your friends’ holiday plans, right?”

“I hate Hearth’s Warming. I hate everything it stands for.”

“I don’t know why you would say something like that, but that is no reason for what you did. I’m sorry, Brony, but you’re going to have to make amends and stay over break for extra friendship lessons. Your first assignment will be to write apology letters to everybody in this room. Your friends, Trixie, and I. Then, you will have to clean this entire mess by yourself. Then, it’s off to bed for you in your dorm.”

“Fine by me, but I’m not apologizing.”

“Um, Miss Starlight, is it okay if I stay with Brony? He could use a friend.” Gallus chimed in.

“Gallus, don’t be stupid! Brony doesn’t deserve our friendship since he didn’t show you friendship!” Sandbar retorted.

“Sandbar, as wrong as it was for Brony to do what he did, there must be a reason as to why he hates Hearth’s Warming. He told me everything about his past and that might contribute to tonight’s incident. I think it’s best if I stay with him and maybe get his side of the story.” Gallus replied.

“Gallus, are you sure? It’s gonna be for the entire two weeks. You won’t be able to leave and you’ll have to complete the extra friendship lessons with Brony.” Starlight asked, now feeling worried.

“Gallus, take it back right now! You are going to spend Hearth’s Warming with my family, and you are going to have fun!” Sandbar shouted.

“Sandbar.” Trixie said sternly as she looked at Sandbar.

“Listen, Starlight, I agree that it was wrong of me to spread goop all over the common room, but there was a motive behind what I did. I didn’t want to go home because I felt like an outcast in Griffonstone. I felt like I wasn’t wanted. I wanted to remain in a place where I feel safe. My friends understood that and agreed to stay over break with me.” Gallus replied.

“Gallus, that’s different. We decided to stay because you were in legitimate need of a safe haven and we were more than happy to provide that to you. Brony just wants us to feel miserable.” Ocellus added.

“I’m sure he’s just saying that out of anger. He didn’t mean it. All this talk about the holidays might have triggered some sort of stress disorder. Brony is also in need of a safe haven and I’m willing to make him feel better.” Gallus replied.

“Last chance, Gallus. Are you sure you want to stay?” Starlight asked the griffon.

“I’m sure, Miss Starlight.” Gallus replied.

“If that’s what you want, Gallus, so be it. You can start cleaning up now.” Starlight replied as Gallus started cleaning.
As Gallus was cleaning and Brony was writing apology letters under the watch of Starlight and Trixie, Gallus couldn’t help but feel bad for his friend. “Boy do I wish I knew what that poor kid had to go through.” he said.