• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 1,009 Views, 4 Comments

Sombra and Flurry Heart’s Weird Adventure - Badguy400



Another Sombra based “Alternate Universe” story. Btw, this is not the same as my first story, it’s completely new and different.

  • ...
4
 4
 1,009

Chapter Six: A Not so Everfree Feeling

King Sombra, Flurry Heart, and the gang are at the edge of the Everfree Forest; contemplating whether they should take this as a good shortcut to the Crystal Empire or not. Back then, they tried to use the trains at first to travel there. But unfortunately; those too were also abandoned like the other places in Ponyville… .

They then went to Canterlot; only to find that it was still under attack by yetis.

Lastly; they’ve decided to use Twilight’s friendship map as a last resort in order to navigate a safer shortcut to use so that way there’d be less yetis to encounter, and so Flurry Heart wouldn’t whine and fuss from all the scary locations there are and that they’ve been through.

After the decision was made; they’re now to where they are standing; wondering if they should’ve gone back to the train station in order to try to operate it, and transport themselves to the Crystal Empire on their own; or whether to go back to Twilight’s castle, and then decide on a more better shortcut that doesn’t seem more dangerous, or scary. But since they’re at a loss; they chose the latter, and went ahead with it.


“So”, began Sombra. “Any of y’all sure that this is a good idea? We can always plan out something else as a means to get to the Crystal Empire safely; without any trouble in the way of course.”

All four thought for a minute, before Cozy Glow raised her hoof, and said; “maybe... but maybe we should try to go back, and try the trains again? Who knows? They could still be in working order.”

All four agreed with Cozy Glow, but then Sombra stated; “I guess it’s possible… . But then again… ; it’ll be too time consuming to check and see whether the trains still work or not. For all I know; none of us knew anything useful about trains… ; let alone on how to operate them even… .” All four frowned, and nodded in agreement.

Just then; before all five could come up with a different plan of action; they suddenly hear roaring coming from behind them. They all turned to see a pack of yetis heading towards them from the school of friendship. All of their eyes grew wide, and then Cozy Glow yelled out; “run!” and sprinted into the Everfree Forest. The rest of the gang followed suit, and then lost the yetis into the forest. Unfortunately; that’s not the only thing or things that they lost within the forest... .


“Wait, where’s Cozy Glow?” Sombra asked with a heavy breath from running too fast.

After all four regained their composure; they then started shouting for Cozy Glow, but failed… . Eventually; they’ve all decided to spread out, and look for Cozy Glow on their own.

Flurry Heart went with King Sombra to search for Cozy Glow with him, and because she doesn’t want to be left all alone again. Meanwhile; Discord and Chrysalis paired up, and flew high to the skies to help the other two search for Cozy Glow.

Sombra found a hidden spring, but no Cozy Glow. Flurry Heart saw some interesting lizards and glow bugs, but no Cozy Glow. Discord found an eagle’s nest, but got attacked as he was too close. Chrysalis found a phoenixes’ nest, and also got attacked as well; as she was too close to the nest too… .

All four of them eventually decided to meet up at Zecora’s old home to regroup, and plan out a different strategy on how to find Cozy Glow… .

“Where could she have gone?” said Chrysalis. “We’ve been searching for what felt like ages… .”

Discord then rubbed his knee caps, and stretched to pop them whilst saying; “yeah; and I’m getting cramps over here just walking everywhere with you three… .” All three looked at Discord with raised eyebrows, and then Flurry Heart said; “I saw you with Chrysalis flying. You weren’t walking remember?” Discord chuckled and said; “whoops. Must’ve slipped my mind… .”

But; just as all four were beginning to lose hope; they suddenly hear crying. “Here!” pointed out Sombra. “I think I hear her; let’s go!” All four of them then ran as fast as they could whilst calling for Cozy Glow at the same time. After five minutes, they saw Cozy Glow crying in a ditch; battered, and bruised from supposedly falling.

“There you are”, said King Sombra. “We were worried sick… . What happened?”

Cozy Glow got up, wiped away her tears, and said while whimpering; “I was go-gonna run away from the y-yetis. B-but then I got lost. A-and I was scared.“ Cozy Glow paused to wipe her nose with a sniffle. Then she continued; “A-and then I was running because I h-heard something scary. A-and then I fell. A-and... I hurt myself.” Cozy Glow then started to cry really loudly from getting hurt.

Sombra sighed, picked up Cozy Glow, cradled her, and said; “well don’t worry about it kid. Luckily for you; I brought a first aid kit for just in case I was hurt, or attacked.”

Chrysalis looked at Sombra with a raised eyebrow and asked; “you carry a medkit with you all the time? Why?”

Sombra replied; “for in case something like this happened… . Or if I were to be hurt like Cozy did.” Cozy agreed with a teary eyed nod.

Chrysalis sighed, and said; “okay then. I still think it’s weird though.”

Sombra then replied back; “not really. Besides; I don’t call you weird because of how you look; do I?” Chrysalis blushed, and then shook her head no. “Exactly”, said Sombra. “So don’t call me, or anyone else weird, okay?” Chrysalis nodded, and said; “okay”, before leaving to get close to Discord for just in case she were to be attacked somehow.

After Cozy Glow was patched up, she was then carried onto Sombra’s back, and she then held onto him so she wouldn’t fall. Sombra then packed up his medkit, and stood up. “Alright”, he began. “Now that Cozy Glow’s okay, we can finally continue going to the Crystal Empire through the Everfree Forest. Any questions?” All three; even Cozy Glow, shook their heads no. “Alright then. Let’s go.”

But before they left; Flurry Heart tugged onto Sombra’s cape, and said; “I have a question.” Sombra turned, and asked; “what’s the question?” Flurry Heart tensed up due to the question that she was about to ask, but then said; “nothing…” and looked down. Sombra sighed, and said while petting Flurry’s head; “hey; it’s okay. It’ll be fine; trust me. And if you have any problems or issues, then let me know; okay?” Flurry Heart nodded, and said; “okay”; before turning to walk with the others… .

Sombra then turned to Cozy, and whispered; “it’ll be fine kid. Try and get some rest. I’ll let you know once we’re out of this forest. Okay?” Cozy nodded, and said; “okay”; before starting to fall asleep. Sombra whispered; “alright”, and smiled before turning to join the others for their journey… .


Once they got out of the Everfree Forest, they saw what looked like an abandoned train on the horizon. Discord and Chrysalis went onward to investigate. Meanwhile; King Sombra and Flurry Heart sat down and unpacked their stuff so they can have a snack, and a drink.

Sombra looked up at the afternoon sky, turned to Flurry, and asked; “you sure you’re feeling okay? You can let me know if something’s wrong.” Flurry Heart nodded, and then said; “well, maybe... . But it’s not just that.” Sombra said; “alright”, and waited for a response. Flurry Heart responded by saying; “I’ve been thinking… . Not only are you: my enemy, helping me out with getting back to my mommy and daddy… . But the other villains are helping me out too… . Why?”

Sombra sighed, and then said; “well… I bet that it’s because they feel guilty for what they did.” Flurry Heart looked on with curiosity, and took a bite out of her cookie. Sombra smiled at Flurry, and then continued; “that, or they just wanted to not be labeled as villains anymore… ; like me.” Flurry Heart asked; “why?” and then Sombra replied; “well, maybe they feel bad, or they just don’t want to be known as villains anymore so that way they can commit more villainous acts like me. But I’ll never tell; you’re just a filly after all.” Sombra smirked, and took a bite out of his oats and chocolate bar. Flurry Heart pouted and growled while getting red in the face at that statement. But then she eventually sighed, and got calm while she’s no longer looking angry… . Defeated; she simply nodded, and took another bite out of her cookie.

Sombra then got close, wrapped one hoof, (or shadow arm); around Flurry Heart, and said; “it’ll be okay. I’ll let you know if my old colleagues are bad again; alright? That way; me and you can defeat them together one day if that happens; is that alright with you?” Flurry Heart giggled, and said; “okay”; before going back to her snack. Cozy Glow meanwhile was just mumbling to herself in her sleep. What is she saying is unknown… .

However; just as soon as Sombra and Flurry Heart were done with their snacks; they got up, and proceeded to brush off the crumbs off of themselves because of their snacks getting them all messy. Soon afterward, they saw something moving in the distance, but couldn’t make out what at first. As soon as it got closer, they realized what it is… . It was a train with one passenger car that can seat sixteen ponies in there. Sombra turned to Flurry Heart, and motioned her; “let’s go”; before turning to run towards the train car. Flurry Heart followed behind, and caught up to him while getting to the train car. Once everyone was inside the train; they were seated, and then the train started moving again.


“Wow. I didn’t expect the train to move at all… . How’d you two do it?” Sombra said to Chrysalis who was sitting aside and across from him. Chrysalis replied; “it wasn’t easy… . But it turns out that all you have to do is to just press the on/off button on the train controls.” Sombra and Flurry Heart looked at each other in bewilderment, turned towards Chrysalis, and then Flurry Heart asked; “you can do that?” Chrysalis shrugged, and then said; “why not? It wasn’t that hard really… . And what happened to Cozy Glow?” Sombra then pointed to her, and said; “she’s asleep. I’m deciding to wake her up once we reach the Crystal Empire.” Chrysalis said; “oh, okay then. Nice.” and then turned to look out the window.

Flurry Heart was smiling and moving her back hooves on the seat; when suddenly she paused, and then asked; “w-wait? Who’s controlling the train then?” Chrysalis raised an eyebrow with a frown, before gesturing; “take a wild guess”, and then lowered her hoof. Discord then spoke on the intercom, and greeted; “good evening ladies; and Sombra. We’re just about to reach the Crystal Empire in less than an hour… ; no rhyming puns intended.” All three; including Cozy Glow who’s still asleep; groaned, and rolled their eyes. Discord then continued; “oh come on now… . I’m just trying to lighten the mood here.”

Flurry Heart unexpectedly stood up, and then shouted; “well we don’t want that, meanie. So pipe down!” Sombra looked at Flurry Heart all shocked, and then she shrugged back; “what?” before sitting back down in her seat.

Sombra regained his composure, and then said; “well, I mean... ; that’s okay and all... . But you still don’t have to yell at him like that. I mean yes, he is rather annoying… . But it doesn’t really give you the right to yell at him like that regardless; okay? That’s just not nice.” Flurry Heart got red in the face again and then stood up while looking at Sombra with an angry look in her face. She was just about to say something mean to him, but eventually calmed down, and sat back in her seat. Flurry Heart then started to look sad, and says; “sorry”, before looking down at the ground with tears in her eyes.

She was just about to cry from getting in trouble; when suddenly Sombra leaned towards her, puts his shadow like hand on her shoulder, rubbed it for a bit, and says; “hey now; it’s okay. You’re just learning about new experiences you know? And probably stressed out from the trip too… . Tell you what; once we get back to your kingdom; we can stop by and get you a new plushie to bring home along the way. Is that alright with you?” Flurry Heart’s eyes lit up, and then asked; “you mean it?” Sombra nodded, and said; “I do”; with a smile.

Flurry Heart jumped up at King Sombra, and gave him a big hug whilst saying; “thank you thank you thank you. You’re the best.” Sombra was speechless; but then chuckles a bit, and returned the hug whilst saying; “no problem kid. And no worries.” He then started to lean into Flurry Heart’s ear and whispered; “ how about this… . I won’t tell your parents about what you did… . And you won’t have to explain anything about the new plushie as well; okay?” Flurry Heart nodded, and said; “okay”, before returning to giving Sombra a big hug.


Once all four of them arrive at the Crystal Empire Train Station; all three got up to stretch, and move their hooves freely so that way they can move more better now; since they have been in their seats for a total hour without moving at all of course… . Meanwhile; Cozy Glow is still asleep, and clinging onto Sombra’s back. While Discord however; was too busy stretching, and popping his joints so that way he too can move more freely; since he was the conductor for the train after all.

Once all four got off, they then checked to see if anyone is either missing anything, or needing to go to the bathroom… . Once that’s settled; they all walked towards the Crystal Empire castle; where they would supposedly meet the royal parents… ; safe, and unharmed. However; once they arrived… ; they soon founded out that that’s just not the case anymore… .