• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,692 Views, 19 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Lost in Time - Foal Star



Twilight goes back in time as a foal to save herself from Starlight Glimmer

  • ...
9
 19
 1,692

Chapter One: Back to Magic Daycare

Twilight and Dr. Whooves were both quite embarrassed at being pushed through the streets of Canterlot by Time Flies with their pudgy foalish bodies now exposed to the crowd of ponies before them walking about.

Twilight was quite surprised at how, despite being over twenty years in the past, everything about Canterlot hadn't changed much from the cobblestone streets to the fancy looking houses and the shops with noble mares and stallions strutting about. They eventually turned a corner, and overhead was a blue colored brick building with a sign that read: "Rebecca Pie's Magic Daycare." The filly's cheeks flushed pink as she was about to see her old caretaker. She didn't have any memories of her as a foal. Still, she had had some embarrassing encounters with her former caretaker.

The two were then exposed to the sounds from dozens of foals, cooing and crying as they were pushed through the front door. Time Flies went them through towards a unicorn mare wearing big, round glasses. She was rather chubby with a light grey curly mane and tail, a dark grey coat, a stubby horn shooting sparks for a cutie mark, and eyes a soft, faded blue in color. "Oh, hello! It's so nice to see new faces here!"

Time Flies flew over and extended a hoof. "Hello, My name is Sweet Bread, and I wish to register my twin foals into your daycare if that would be ok."

The mare looked down at them with a smile, making Twilight feel squeamish. "Hello, my little foals. Oh, an earth pony?! Most of my foals are unicorns."

"Yes, I know, but they're twins, and I don't want them separated if that's ok?" Time Flies asked with puppy dog eyes.

Rebecca Pie threw up a hoof. "Oh, it's fine. It's not like I've never had earth ponies and pegasus foals in my daycare before. I'll manage it."

Both of the foals quivered, not ready for what was to come as Rebecca Pie lifted the two foals with her magic and nuzzled them before plopping them onto the foam floor behind her. The mare looked up at their "mom," as she asked. "What are the little cuties names?"

"Oh, the little filly's name is Muffin Top, and the colt's name is Choco Butter," Time Flies explained as she adjusted her diaper bag before continuing. "They're both one-year-olds, though it's more one and a half."

"Oh, how adorable," Rebecca cooed while Twilight watched as her fake mother wrote down the names. The caretaker looked over the paperwork and nodded. "Everything is in place." She then lifted the two foals into the daycare on a plush ground before them.

Twilight looked around to see other foals that she knew as adults. Moondancer was reading (or rather trying to read) a picture book snug in a thick diaper with little cute moons and stars printed on the padding. Minutes and Lemon Drops were both busy playing together, building a tower of foam blocks. Twilight even gasped upon seeing Sunset Shimmer showing off her diaper with Celestia's cutie mark on her pampers to foals passing by, and Fancy Pants as a toddler shaking his pull-up, proclaiming loudly about starting potty training. It was all so surreal for the young filly, unable to comprehend seeing so many ponies she saw as adults as these innocent little foals.

Twilight and Dr. Whooves then turned their attention to one foal in particular and pointed a hoof right at a white-coated mare with a white and purple striped mane who chirped. "Hello! I'm here to drop off my precious Twilight."

"Oh, of course, Mrs. Sparkle! But I must say, she's looking rather fussy this morning." Rebecca Pie commented as Twilight Velvet held up the fussy, kicking foal in her crinkling pampers.

"Oh, she was trying to read one of my books, but she was getting drool all over it, and I had to get her to daycare." Velvet explained. The older mare then placed her baby down gently.

Baby Twilight waddled off towards a bookshelf, taking one of the picture books from the lowest shelf as she started "reading" one of them.

Time Flies, meanwhile, trotted over and "accidentally" bumped into Twilight Velvet, who cried out. "Oh, I'm sorry, miss. I wasn't paying attention."

The brown coated mare casually replied. "Oh, it's ok, I just couldn't help but admire your baby because she's so adorable."

"Oh, that's my little Twilight Sparkle, and I must say your twins are rather cute too. Are you new in Canterlot?" Twilight Velvet asked.

Time Flies threw her wings up as she replied. "Yeah, I am. Actually, would you mind having breakfast with me? My husband and I just opened a bakery."

"Of course! That sounds delicious. It's always nice to meet new faces here." Twilight Velvet chirped as she followed Time Flies out of the nursery and into the streets of Canterlot.


Twilight gulped as she looked at herself, just sitting in diapers, obviously trying to read as she whispered. "I gotta at least twy talkin' to her, ow me…" She then waddled off towards the baby version of herself, blushing at seeing the little stars on her own diaper. The Twilight from the future plopped down next to herself and held out a hoof. "Hewwo, my name Muffin Top. I new."

Twilight eyed the new filly with a dirty look and scoffed. "So what? There's wike a new foaw hewe every week. What makes ya so special?"

"Muffin Top" crossed her hooves across her chest and plopped on her padded rump, and snapped. "How wude! I may be just a foaw bu tats, not how ya make friends."

"So what, dun need fwiends." The other baby Twilight grumbled.

"Ugh, why awe ya wike tis? Ya wana pway ow somttin'?" "Muffin Top," asked, sounding quite confused.

But Twilight just stuck her tongue out at the new foal making her cry as she then waddled over somewhere else.

Minuette and Lemon Drops both turned around with surprise. "Foal tackle!" They squealed as they jumped right into Twilight, making her kick about in her crinkling pampers and laugh. "Eep! Stop tat! Ya awmost made me pee my diapee!"

The future Twilight laughed as she rose up with a blush. "Um, so...uh I Muffin Top. Whatcha two names?"

The blue-coated filly pointed at herself. "I, Minuette!"

"I Lemon Drops!" The yellow coated filly chirped out, loudly bouncing on her padding and getting all excited.

Twilight snickered as she asked. "Otay. So um, how owd awe ya two?"

Minuette tapped a hoof to her chin. "I ten months owd, I gonna be a year owd soon...Mama says that, though I dun know what months awe ow what ten is."

Lemon Drops was tapping a hoof to her chin. "I think my mama said I gonna be one soon too. Tink I wike two months away fwom being one."

Twilight was amazed at how young they were and asked. "I gots a question. Do you know...um...tat purple coated fiwwy ova thewe?"

They all turned their attention at the other Twilight as Lemon Drops got fussy and scoffed. "Oh, hew? She not very nice. She Twily Spwinkwe ow sometin' wike tat."

Minuette gave a nod as she continued. "Yeah, Lemon Drops is wight. She not very nice and can be a poopy head. Just wet hew pwetned to wead."

"Wait...she's not even weading?" Twilight responded as the other fillies nodded.

Lemon Drops giggled behind her hooves. "Yeah, she takes her hoof and twies to spew outta words, but she just babbles along and doesn't know what she doing."

Twilight rubbed her head as she realized she must've been quite the strange foal. Then she turned to Moondancer and asked. "Hey, ya pretending to wead too?"

The filly turned around and snapped. "Nu-uh! I know how to wead!"

"Oh yeah!? Ten wead to us!!" Minuette nagged back.

Moondancer grumbled as she took up a picture book and gulped as she babbled. "Um...uh..um...Ta uh foaw weaws a diapee and knows hew ABCs ow something," The other foals all burst into laughter as Moondancer whined. "Stop tat! I dunno how to wead, otay?!"

Twilight waddled over and babbled. "Is otay. I gonna need ya hewp with somethin'," They all turned to the new foal as she babbled. "I twying to um make friends with Twily."

"Why? Why would ya want to be hew fwiend?" Moondancer asked with a suspicious look. "She not very nice."

The real Twilight kicked about in her pampers, feeling quite unsure of what to say as she babbled. "Uh...weww...um...is just, I wanna make friends with hew and hep make hew not be so bossy!"

"Nah, wets go annoy Twily!" The other fillies ran off to join in with "Muffin Top" to go annoy her baby self.

Twilight continued to try reading her picture book as she turned the pages, ignoring the rest of the foals playing and babbling around her until suddenly she heard one shout out, "Foal Tackle!" And she looked up to see three foals slam into her with a cacophony of crinkling pampers and foal powder exploding outward!

Twilight groaned, looking at these other foals and shouting. "Get off me! I hate ya foaw tackwes!" She got up, blushing as the other foals were rolling around and laughing.

"Muffin Top," then stood up and babbled. "We just wana make ya lighten up a bit. Besides, ya not even weading."

Twilight got flustered as she waddled over and snapped. "I can wead!"

Minuette rolled her eyes. "Come on, Twily. We exposed Moondancew; we can easily do ya next."

Twilight plopped on her padded rump and took out the book she was reading. "I'm gonna prove to ya two tats I can wead!" She then took the picture book and trailed the words using her hoof. "Um...ta...uh…" Sweat started to pour down her face as the little filly slammed her hooves on the book. "Otay! Ya aww win, I can't wead, otay?!"

"Muffin Top" waddled over. "Hey, don't ya wowwie bout tat, I actually gots an idea to help ya and Moondacenew weawn to wead. Why don't ya start with somethin smaww?" She then took a foam block and placed it down. "Wook, tis is ta letter "A", ya gotta wean ya alphabet first before ya can weawn how to wead."

Every foal's eyes lit up at what Muffin Top did as Twilight eyed her and asked. "How do ya know ta alphabet?"

The Twilight from the future, realizing she might have exposed herself, babbled. "I...um...I weawn fwom my mommy..so...um...I can teach ya some letters," The other foals all nodded as she waddled over and showed them the blocks. "Weww um...guess ya can twy paying attention, and awso know tat I onwy know a few wettews."

The future Twilight was quite surprised to see all of her former friends also paying attention to her. She gulped, knowing she had to kind of mess up her lesson on purpose to not raise her baby self's suspicions.


After Twilight finished her lesson (which Minuette and Lemon Drops had lost interest in and ran off to play), Rebecca Pie came over and declared. "It's snack time, my little ones!" She started herding the foals all to some tables to the nursery's right side, where there were plastic tables and highchairs.

As they were fed, Twilight turned her attention to "Muffin Top" and asked. "So...um...I wondering, can ya teach me more bout ta alphabet?"

"Muffin Top" paused at the request. She couldn't believe that her baby self would be so accepting of her as she responded. "Yeah, tats no pwobwem...I...in fact my mommy wants to twy making friends with ya mommy..maybe I can sweepovew?"

Twilight was quite astounded at this as she got a spoonful of foal food plopped into her mouth. After swallowing, she replied. "I...I nevew had a sweepover before, awe tere rules?"

"Muffin Top" shook her head and explained. "No, not weawwy. We just have fun, and pway ten go ta sweep. We babies so ta ruwes of nowmaw sweepovews dun apply."

Twilight and "Muffin Top" then had their mouths wiped by Rebecca Pie as she lifted them from their highchairs and inspected their padding; both fillies cheeks grew pink as their pampers were sodden and sagging a bit.

"Oh, my, good thing I checked. I don't think your diapers could take another soak," Rebecca Pie chimed as she then placed them onto a changing table together, and their soggy diapers were quickly unstrapped; their rumps were thoroughly cleaned, powdered, and strapped into fresh pampers. "Alright. You know what time it is!" Rebecca Pie chimed as she placed them down.

The baby Twilight grumbled. "Is ciwcwe time."

Rebecca plopped the two little fillies down with the rest of the foals in a circle as the mare instructed them on how to use their magic to move the foam blocks in front of them. "Muffin Top" was a bit surprised but did as she was instructed and grunted, using her magic to levitate her block barely an inch off the ground.

Dr. Whooves sat where he was next to Fancy Pants and just picked his block up. "Thewe? Ya see, I dun need magic."

The other foals around him and snickered as Rebecca Pie clapped her hooves. "Oh, how adorable! You should meet my niece Pinkie Pie; I bet you two would have so much fun together."

Dr. Whooves snickered. "My wife would kiww me if she hewad tat."

"Ya, wife?" Fancy Pants asked.

The brown coated colt stammered. "Um...I...um...meant my pwush Pwincess Tia doll, she my wife today!"

"Oh? Tat siwwy." Fancy Pants snickered and ruffled Dr. Whooves mane.

Dr. Whooves sighed. "Tat was cwose, awmost bwew my covew." As the foals continued their simple magic exercises. Afterwards, Rebecca Pie went about doing another round of diaper checks, and Dr. Whooves sighed, having his padding poked and prodded

Fancy Pants, meanwhile, stood up and displaying his pull-up. "I aww cwean, see?! I went potty by mysewf! Tats why my mommy calls me Fancy Pumps!"

"Oh, you're doing so well with your potty training, little one! Keep it up, and you'll be out of pull-ups before you graduate to magic preschool," The mare cooed, ruffling his mane before checking the little Dr. Whooves seeing his diaper sagging and smelling. "As for you, it might be a while before you start potty training." She then went about and started changing the little colt's padding and cleaning his rump.

After he was freshly powdered and padded up in another thick set of pampers, Dr. Whooves was placed down in a crib with a blue pacifier in his mouth, looking over at Twilight in the crib across from him. "Hey...Muffin Top…how's ta mission?"

Twilight turned towards her "partner" with a smile. "Bettew ten, I expected. I teaching mysewf ABCs, and I tink we makin' pwogwess."

Dr whooves gave a sigh of relief. "Otay, good...I actually got some good info mysewf tat Fancy Pants is fwiends with Shiny Awmow, and tat tey awso gonna have a sweepovew tonight. Now that we being fwiends, I can keep an eye on ya bwothew just in case."

"Tats good...tough Shiny must be in kindegawten by now, ow even fiwst gwade. Too bad I can't take pictures of him as a cute school foaw." Twilight giggled, thinking about how cute her brother must be at a young age.

Dr. Whooves, seeing Twilight easing into her role as a foal, whispered. "How ya wike being a foaw? Getting used to it yet?"

Twilight scrunched her padding, feeling how it felt around her rump while rhythmically suckling on her pacifier and feeling quite relaxed. "Actually, it not bad; I wouldn't mind being a foaw wongew."

"Hehe, don't jinx yasewf." Dr. Whooves snickered as he laid in his crib. At the same time, Twilight nestled under her sheets, suckling her pacifier thinking about how Rebecca Pie had mentioned her niece Pinkie Pie and wondering what her friends as foals were like too.