• Published 7th Oct 2020
  • 3,007 Views, 79 Comments

Sirens of the Night: Sunset's Tale - The Crazed Werewolf



After the Fall Formal I thought that I had lost everything. The crown, my one chance to return to Equestria. Turns out that I was wrong.

  • ...
1
 79
 3,007

Interlude

"So did you ever go back to your little gas station," Scootaloo asked.

"Eventually, I still had several of my few possessions stashed there" Sunset said, "and mom wasn't happy about it."

"Anyone need more popcorn," Pinkie asked looking at every one. Both Rainbow and Sonata nodded their heads.

"Why wasn't Aunt Tia happy about it," Aria asked.

"Because, that section of town isn't known for being the most upstanding," Celestia said from the doorway. No one had heard her come in, "Sunset was in a lot of danger when she lived there, the last thing I wanted was for her to go back."

Sunset sighed, she was glad that she now has someone like Celestia in her life to look after her. She had spent some much time alone that she had nearly forgotten that she was a teenager and still growing up. If Sunset had a chance to do everything over again, she would have approached Celestia sooner and told her about her situation.

Celestia was still disappointed with herself, all the warning signs that something was wrong with Sunset had been there since the day that Sunset had enrolled at CHS, but both Celestia and Luna had chosen to ignore the signs. Celestia's eyes shifted from her eldest daughter to her youngest. Celestia had vowed to herself after she took Sunset in that she would never allow another student to slip through the cracks, and she had almost failed with Scootaloo.

"Sunset has always been fiercely independent," Rarity said, "I can understand why she wanted to go back. We all want to see where we came from."

"Does that mean that she'll return to Equestria," Fluttershy asked.

"I'd like to go back to Equestria someday," Sunset replied, "but only to visit, this is my home now and I have a family here."

"Plus I've banned her from any interdimensonal travel without my permission," Celestia said sternly.

Pinkie Pie came bounding back into the living room carrying a large five gallon bucket of popcorn. Celestia wondered where Pinkie had gotten the bucket from, she didn't recognize it.

"So you don't want to return to Equestria permanently," Adagio asked. Adagio loved having Luna as a mother, and she loved Celestia, Sunset and Scootaloo, but part of her wanted to return to Equestria and claim her real mother's empire.

"Not really," Sunset answered, "there's really nothing waiting for me there, those few ponies that may have cared about me, well I burned those bridges when I fled from Equestria the first time."

"What about Princess Twilight," Fluttershy asked, "surely she cares about you, otherwise she wouldn't have given you the chance at redemption."

Four other girls and Celestia all nodded in agreement. The three Dazzlings and Scootaloo hadn't spent much time, if any, with the Princess of Friendship when she had visited the human world. And thus they didn't really know her.

"Guess that there is one pony who cares about me," Sunset conceded.

"I'm sure that if you looked," Celestia said, "you'd find more than one."

"Maybe," Sunset said, "I don't know."

"Anyways get back to the story," Rainbow said, "what happened after Ms. Celestia asked Raven for that favor?"

"Looking back on it now," Sunset said, continuing to tell her tale, "I know what that favor was, but at the time I didn't. I was still trying to get used to my new living situation, and going to school the next day didn't help much..."

Author's Note:

I know that this chapter is short and it was intended to be short. This chapter also changed POV, but we will be back in the first person next time.

Until next time, I hope you all enjoy this little tidbit and stay tuned, more to come soon!