• Published 7th Oct 2020
  • 2,960 Views, 79 Comments

Sirens of the Night: Sunset's Tale - The Crazed Werewolf



After the Fall Formal I thought that I had lost everything. The crown, my one chance to return to Equestria. Turns out that I was wrong.

  • ...
1
 79
 2,960

Epilogue: So, That's My Tale

"Well now you know everything," Sunset concluded as she wiped a year from her eye, "that's how mom became my mom"

"That story is so sad," Sonata said, "and happy at the same time."

Sunset looked at each of her friends and at her sister. She could see that they each had a deeper understanding of who Sunset was.

"Flash," Sunset said, "I never apologized for how I treated you, and for that I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter," Flash replied, "it doesn't matter because I forgave you a long time ago Sunset."

"Really," Sunset said surprised, "but I treated you like you weren't even a person. Why would you forgive me?"

"It's what friends do," Flash explained, "it's also why I didn't believe that you were Anon-A-Miss."

Hearing Anon-A-Miss being mentioned brought back a flood of memories that Sunset would have forgotten about. Without saying a word Sunset turned and ran upstairs, leaving her friends, her sister and her mother in the living room.

"Way to go Flash," Rainbow said icily, "you had to go and mention Anon-A-Miss, didn't you."

"Sorry," Flash said, "I didn't mean anything by it."

"Sunset does a valiant job at hiding it," Celestia said, "but both Anon-A-Miss and Incognito have really worn her ragged, I don't know where she is emotionally."

Scootaloo was about to speak when Sunset came back down stairs. She was carrying something wrapped in a towel. She placed the bundle on the coffee table, but held her hand on it preventing anyone from unwrapping it.

"I made this shortly after the day that Applejack and Rainbow found me bleeding in the school bathroom," Sunset explained as she unwrapped the towel, "I use it to remind me how bad things used to be, and that now I have people that I can turn to for help."

Sunset stepped away from the table, revealing a shard of glass from a mirror. There was evidence of dried blood on the edge of the glass. The glass itself was embedded in a frame made of plaster. The names of Celestia, Luna, and her friends were sculpted into the plaster. The names of Scootaloo and the three Sirens had been scratched into the plaster.

"There's room for a few more names," Sunset said as she straitened a paperclip and began to add Flash's name.

Her friends watched her in silence. Celestia was the first one to make a move. With tears cascading from her eyes, she knelt down and embraced her eldest daughter, it wasn't long before Scootaloo joined the hug too.

everyone began to head home Scootaloo remembered something that Sunset had said.

"So, you never learned to ride a bike," Scootaloo asked her older sister during dinner.

"I never had a reason to really," Sunset answered with a mouthful of lasagna, "but I'd love to learn how."

"Then it's my duty as your little sister to teach you," Scootaloo declared.

Sunset didn't know what the future would bring, but with her friends by her side, she knew that they could face anything together.

Author's Note:

This scene was actually the first idea that came to me when I first started thinking about writing this story. I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Don't worry, the Sirens of the Night will be back!

Comments ( 9 )

10599266

Author's Note:

Ok, so I lack self control. Just the epilogue is left. Let's see if I can make it to 2021!

Oh so close. Just a couple more days and you'd have had it.

Still a cool flashback story.

10606423
What can I say, I lack self control.

10606433
Thank you.

This was a very good flashback story, I enjoyed it from start to finish. :pinkiehappy:

10606471
I'm glad. I enjoy it when people like what I write.

10606475
You're very welcome.

The last moment is perfect.

It shows Sunset has a family, and not just shelter.

10611038
I love the idea of Scootaloo teaching Sunset how to ride a bike

Didn't even need to finish a chapter to be disgusted by this.

Login or register to comment