• Published 7th Oct 2020
  • 2,998 Views, 79 Comments

Sirens of the Night: Sunset's Tale - The Crazed Werewolf



After the Fall Formal I thought that I had lost everything. The crown, my one chance to return to Equestria. Turns out that I was wrong.

  • ...
1
 79
 2,998

Chapter 9

I was sitting by myself that morning before school started. I had chosen to sit near the statue outside on the school's front lawn. Most of the students just glared at me, and honestly, by that point I was used to it. I had gone from the most feared person at CHS to the most despised. But it wasn't all bad. I was learning that I had friends. And not everyone was glaring. Derpy waved a friendly wave at me as she and her sister went inside the school.

"Earth to Sunset Shimmer," a voice called out. I looked up and found that my friends were all standing around me.

"Ok, what, sorry," I said, "I was lost in thought."

"I'll say," Rainbow said, "you looked like you were miles away."

"Sorry," I repeated, "did you say something?"

"Darling," Rarity said, "we were talking about the sleep over at Pinkie Pie's house this weekend during the Musical Showcase."


"You're going to be there aren't you," Fluttershy asked.

"Celestia gave me her permission last night," I said, "this is my first sleep over, ever."

"Really," Pinkie said, eyeing the portal, "you never had one in the pony world?"

Looking at the portal, I thought about the life that I had lived on the other side. I had been pretty sheltered, being the Princess's personal student and protege. I hadn't had friends there either, but while here I didn't want them, there I had been to busy, or so I thought. I realize now how wrong I was.

"I didn't have any friends there," I said quietly.

I felt a pair of arms wrapping themselves around me and noticed that Fluttershy was hugging me. I also noticed that she was crying.

"What's wrong Fluttershy," I asked.

"It makes me sad that you've gone through life without any friends," she said, "or without a family."

"I've got you guys now," I said, "and I guess that I have Principal Celestia."

"Yeah," Pinkie said, "I bet you that Ms. Celestia is going to fall in love with Sunset like a mother does her daughter and adopt her!"

"Now that's just crazy talk," I said, "why would Celestia adopt me?"

And why would she? The Princess had had plenty of opportunities to adopt me and she had flatly told me that she couldn't. As much as I wanted a family of my own, I had accepted the fact that it would never happen.

"Never say never," Pinkie said with a knowing look on her face. I swear that she could read my mind.

<RING>

The bell rang and my friends went to class and I went to spend the day in detention. I spent the morning struggling to read my history book. I was mostly picking at the bandages on my right hand and thinking about what Pinkie had said earlier and the look that she had given me.

"Miss Shimmer," Luna said looking up from her desk where she was typing away on her laptop, "quit picking at your bandages, or I will tie your hands down."

Something told me that she meant it.

"But how will I get any of my work done," I asked, I don't know why I decided to be a smart ass.

"You'll manage," Luna said.

"Ms. Luna," I said a while later, "why doesn't anyone want me?"

"What do you mean Sunset," she asked me, I had apparently caught her off guard.

"Back in Equestria," I said," my parents abandoned me as a foal, and then the Princess refused to adopt me. Then when Twilight returned to Equestria, she left me here."

Luna got up and walked around to the front of her desk before leaning back on it and looking at me.

"Sunset," Luna said, "I'm sorry that you have had to experience so much heart ache, but I'm positive that there is someone out there who wants you for a daughter. You're smart, beautiful, sarcastic."

<RING>

The bell rang, signaling the start of Lunch period.

"Ready to get a bite to eat," Luna asked.

"I brought one from home today," I said as I held up the reusable shopping bag that I had packed my lunch in. I didn't want a repeat of the other day, I didn't have a spare set of gym clothes since I had worn them home. I didn't want to end up wearing my lunch again.

"Oh, okay," Luna said, "start eating."

I was halfway through my lunch when both Raven and Celestia walked in. I couldn't hear what they were saying to Luna but at various times each of them glanced in my direction.

"Sunset," Celestia said finally, "you said that almost everyone in your world has a counter part or a copy in our world?"

"Yeah," I answered. I was worried about where this conversation was going.

"We can't seem to find any records of a Sunset Shimmer in this world," Raven said. Well I knew that I was unique, but I didn't think that I was that unique.

"What do you mean," I asked worriedly.

"I have been trying to construct a suitable paper trail for you," Raven explained, "that includes a birth certificate and a social security number. I was searching for your counter part because that would have given me a place to start, but I exhausted every resource I have, including those in the dark web, looking."

"I don't exist," I said. I didn't know if I should have happy or sad.

"So I had to start from scratch," Raven said as she dropped a thick file onto my desk, "luckily you're only a teenager and you don't need much of a paper trail. If you had been an adult, this would have been much more difficult."

I looked at the file and started to glance through it. Inside I found a legit birth certificate and social security card, among other records like healthcare reports and even education transcripts. I felt my eyes begin to water.

"I'm a person..."

Author's Note:

One chapter left! But you're gonna have to wait until 2021!