• Published 6th Oct 2020
  • 15,119 Views, 459 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk - Mister E-Nonymous



Twilight gets lost in the Everfree Forest, and finds an interesting flower that sprays some mysterious pink pollen at her. Meanwhile, a very sick kid who was stuck with his snobby aunt and cousin died and gets reborn and taken in by Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
36
 459
 15,119

Chapter 9: Parent Teacher Conference

Chapter 9: Parent Teacher Conference


It's been a week since the storm passed over the town of Ponyville. Although, Dusk and Sweetie Belle had gotten closer to each other. There was also a slight damage to Ponyville. Not too much, but enough for the Ponyville schoolhouse to be closed until repairs are made. Some of the ponies of Ponyville volunteered to help repair the schoolhouse. Including Applejack, Big Mac, and even Rainbow Dash.

One day, Dusk was walking towards the park to meet up with Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and his newly made girlfriend, Sweetie Belle. Apple Bloom had already told Twist about Dusk and Sweetie Belle. Twist was a little upset that the colt she had a crush on is already in a relationship, but she got over it and be friends with Dusk.

Eventually, the Ponyville Schoolhouse got restored, and all of the fillies and colts in class went back to school. Cheerilee was happy to see that all of her students were back in class to learn from her.

"Alright, my little ponies," Cheerilee said. "I know that we missed a few days of school due to a heavy, Everfree Storm, but everything will continue just as planned. Now, let's start off with some math for today."

Basically, Cheerilee went on and on with the lesson until it was recess time. All of the fillies and colts went out to enjoy their break from class. Dusk eventually made his way towards the merry-go-round. But then his path was blocked off by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

"Uh... can I help you?" Dusk asked.

"Yes. You can help," said Diamond Tiara. "You can help make me just as important as the high cultured ponies of Canterlot. From now on, you and I are boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Nope," Dusk said, deadpanned. "Besides. I just started a relationship with Sweetie Belle. You can't just make me do something I don't want to do."

Diamond Tiara got angry, and then pushed Dusk down, making him land on his back. She started standing on Dusk's chest and said, "Oh, I'm going to make you do whatever I want you to do. Now, break up with Sweetie Belle, and do what I say. End of discussion."

"Hey!" came the voice of Sweetie Belle. Dusk saw that Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were running towards them. They pushed Diamond Tiara off of Dusk and helped him up. "What are you doing?!"

"Get lost, blank flank!" Diamond Tiara said. "From now on, you and this colt aren't together."

"You can't do that!" said Sweetie Belle.

"Ah'm gonna tell Cheerilee!" Apple Bloom said, running towards the school entry.

"Dusk Shine is no longer your boyfriend!" said Diamond Tiara. "And I want him as mine! And whatever I want, I always get!"

"Get off me!" Dusk shouted. He then tried pushing Diamond off of him. But she wasn't wanting him to go free.

"Oh, no you don't," Diamond said, smirking. "You're not going anywhere but with me from now on."

"What is going on out here?!" came Cheerilee's voice. She then saw that Diamond Tiara was standing on top of Dusk. She got a little upset and walked towards them. "Diamond Tiara, what are you doing?"

"We were just playing around, Miss Cheerilee," said Diamond Tiara.

"No!" Dusk said. "She just jumped on me and is trying to force me to be her boyfriend when I'm already in a relationship!"

"Is this true, Diamond Tiara?" Cheerilee asked.

"N-no..." Diamond Tiara said nervously, then tried grinning widely.

"It's true, Cheerilee!" Sweetie Belle said.

Cheerilee looked at Diamond Tiara with a scowl. Then she said, "Inside, Tiara."

Diamond Tiara then got angry, then she looked down at Dusk and hit him in the eye, making him cry out in pain and cover his right eye.

"DUSK!!" Sweetie Belle shouted. Cheerilee saw that, and then she grabbed Diamond Tiara's ear, dragging her inside.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!" Diamond Tiara said as Cheerilee was pulling her towards the building entrance.

"Forget that," said Cheerilee. "Diamond Tiara, you are in a whole lot of trouble." She then looked at Scootaloo and said, "Scootaloo, you go get the first aid kit, and help treat Dusk's eye."

"Yes, Miss Cheerilee," said Scootaloo. She then ran inside to get the first aid kit.


Later that afternoon, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were waiting outside the schoolhouse. Inside, Twilight was sitting with Dusk, who had his eye covered with an ice pack, sitting in two chairs on the left side of the front desk of Cheerilee, there were Diamond Tiara and Spoiled Rich.

"Mrs. Rich, you obviously know why you were called here," said Cheerilee.

"You expect me to believe that my Diamond is such a trouble maker?" Spoiled Rich asked, angrily. "I don't think you are such a good teacher if you have put most of your students against my daughter."

"Your daughter tried to force Dusk to break up with Sweetie Belle, and when he said no, Diamond Tiara gave him a black eye after she got in trouble!" Twilight argued. "You're doing nothing to be a good parent to your daughter."

"I know what's best for Diamond," Spoiled argued. "And I know that whatever my daughter wants, she deserves to have."

"So, you're the reason why Diamond Tiara acts this way?" Cheerilee asked. "You're lucky that you're a part of the school board. Otherwise, I would have your daughter expelled."

"You would seriously do that to my daughter?!" Spoiled raised her voice.

"For her absurd behavior, Diamond Tiara will be suspended for a month, and will be taking different classes, away from Dusk and Silver Spoon," said Cheerilee.

Spoiled Rich groaned in anger. Twilight and Dusk got up from their seats, and Twilight said to Spoiled, "You're lucky I won't be suing you. I'm sure your husband, Filthy Rich, will not be happy for what you've been teaching your daughter." Twilight and Dusk walked out of the schoolhouse and saw Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were waiting outside.

"So, what happened?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Diamond Tiara won't be bothering the four of you anymore," said Twilight. "For the next month, Diamond Tiara is suspended for a month, and once she's back in school, she'll be in the other class."

"Well, that's good," Sweetie Belle said, walking up to Dusk. "Are you okay, Dusk?"

"I'll be fine," Dusk said, holding up the ice pack to his eye. He then lowered the ice pack and asked, "Does it look that bad?"

Twilight got worried for Dusk, then said, "It'll be okay. In at least 2 to 3 weeks, your black eye will be fully healed. Keep that ice pack on your eye for the next couple of hours."

"Okay, Twilight," Dusk said. "Can we go home now?"

"Okay, Dusk," said Twilight. "How about tonight, we get some pizza and ice cream? Will that make you feel a little better?"

"Maybe," said Dusk. He was then levitated onto Twilight's back. Then she started heading back to the Golden Oaks Library.


Later that night, Twilight, Spike, and Dusk were all having a pizza dinner. Spike even filled Dusk's cup full of soda.

"It's not that bad, buddy," Spike said. "You're lucky it's not a fractured skull."

"He's right," said Twilight. "If Diamond Tiara would have fractured your skull, we might as well have taken you to the hospital." Dusk sighed in sadness. Twilight got concerned for him and asked, "What's wrong, Dusk?"

"I've been through worse," said Dusk. "My aunt Bonnie wanted me to scrub her bathroom. When I refused, she had Devon break my leg, and he claimed that it was football practice."

"You mean hoof ball, right?" Twilight asked. Then she remembered, "Oh, wait. Different species before this. Sorry."

"Aunt Bonnie then bandaged my leg, but, instead of making me rest, she made me continue the chores," Dusk said.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore," said Twilight. Then there was a knocking at the door. Twilight got up and said, "Hold on a bit, Dusk." She then headed for the door and opened it up. Outside the Library door, there was Filthy Rich.

"Good evening, Ms. Sparkle," said Filthy Rich. "I heard about what happened to Dusk, and I came here personally to apologize for my daughter's antics."

"I'm happy that you came here to apologize," said Twilight. "But, there are things are a little deeper than just physical injury."

"I heard," said Filthy Rich. "My wife is surely bullheaded. If I know any better, I would believe that she comes from a descendant of minotaurs."

That made Twilight laugh and said, "Yeah, I think you're right about that. She's really bullheaded." She then calmed down. "Now, is there anything else you would like to talk about?"

"Well, I'm glad that you haven't decided to sue," said Filthy Rich. "So, I decided to make a donation for the library. Probably, to add a new section to the library."

"That's very generous of you, Mr. Rich," said Twilight. "Thank you."

Filthy Rich brought in a huge bag of bits. He then said, "This bag contains 1,500 bits. If there is enough left, perhaps you can take your entire family for a vacation. Probably somewhere that all of you will enjoy. Especially for a colt like Dusk to enjoy."

"Well, I don't think a trip to Equestria's oldest library would be satisfying for Dusk," said Twilight. "Perhaps I can find something else."

"Well, I'm sorry that things haven't been too kindly for Dusk recently," said Filthy Rich. "I just hope that your son will recover from this just as quickly."

"Well... Dusk hasn't quite taken to me being his mom, yet," Twilight said. "He still misses his parents from his old life."

"I'm sure that he'll call you that eventually," said Filthy Rich. "Good luck to you, Ms. Sparkle." He then headed on out and went to his home.

Twilight walked into the kitchen area and saw that Dusk was putting his paper plate into the trash. Twilight walked up to Dusk and asked, "Dusk, how about tonight, you sleep with me? So you'd feel much more comfortable after all that's happened today?"

"I... I don't know, Twilight," said Dusk.

"It'll be okay," said Twilight. "I promise, everything will be okay."

Dusk thought about it. He then said, "Alright. But can I take a bath first?"

"Alright, Dusk," Twilight said. "Let's get you cleaned up." Twilight then took Dusk upstairs. She started up the tub for Dusk and cleaned him up. Then they headed to bed. As Dusk was sleeping in Twilight's barrel, Twilight was smiling down at him. She then sighed in her mind as she thought, "Dusk really is a good colt. But, I wish he would start thinking of me as his new mom. If only there was a way for him to accept me as a loving parent."

Twilight then leaned her head towards Dusk's forehead, and kissed it. Dusk then shifted his body to face Twilight's, and snuggled up to her. Twilight smiled, and pulled the covers in to keep both of them warm. Then she fell asleep with Dusk.