• Published 6th Oct 2020
  • 15,254 Views, 463 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk - Mister E-Nonymous



Twilight gets lost in the Everfree Forest, and finds an interesting flower that sprays some mysterious pink pollen at her. Meanwhile, a very sick kid who was stuck with his snobby aunt and cousin died and gets reborn and taken in by Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
36
 463
 15,254

Chapter 6: The Carnival Comes to Ponyville

Chapter 6: The Carnival Comes to Ponyville


It's been weeks since Dusk got that poem, and five days since Spike has been getting bigger by greed. Velvet and Night Light's new home has just finished being built, and some of their furniture has been sent there. The rest was put into some storage. Twilight has been having some quality time with Dusk lately.

Then one day, a carnival came into Ponyville, and set up at Pink Tree Field. Dusk was with Apple Bloom, watching the ponies there setting up some games and rides.

"This is amazing," said Dusk. "I've never been to a carnival before."

"Ya haven't?" Apple Bloom asked. "Not even when ya were still human?"

"No," Dusk said. "I miss my mom and dad."

Apple Bloom then pulled Dusk in for a hug and said, "Ah know. It's hard not bein' able ta see yer parents. Ah know... mah parents went a long time ago. But ya still have ponies that care 'bout ya. Like Twilight is now."

"Yeah, I know," said Dusk. "But I'm still not ready to call her mom yet. Sure, she..." He then motioned to his body with both his forelegs. "She might have given birth to this new body I have now, but I'm just not ready to look at her as my mom."

"It'll just take some time," Apple Bloom said. Then she saw the sun starting to set and said, "Well, Ah gotta get back home. Ya should probably get back ta the library as well."

Dusk nodded. Then the two of them headed off to their homes. Dusk was about to pass through the market area when he accidentally bumped into somepony.

"Whoa, I'm sorry," Dusk said before seeing who he bumped into. He was not expecting to bump into... "Twilight?"

"Oh, hey, Dusk," Twilight said. "I was wondering where you were. Luckily, you came just in time. I was actually out here coming to get some pizza."

"Okay," Dusk said, following Twilight. He was a little upset.

Twilight noticed that Dusk was upset and asked, "What's wrong, Dusk?"

"There's a carnival coming to town," Dusk said.

"Oh, I get it," said Twilight. "You want something to do that reminds you of what your old parents would do with you."

"Actually, I've never been to a carnival," said Dusk. "My parents said that one day, they would take me, but they were busy. I was hoping to go the last time the carnival came, but my aunt and cousin had me staying with them, and they left me home alone to clean the house."

Twilight felt sorry for Dusk. Then she got an idea and said, "Tell you what. How about you finally go to your first carnival? With me, Spike and my parents. We'll be with you the whole time."

"I... I guess that could work," said Dusk. "But, I wish that I gotten the chance..." He then started shedding a few tears.

Twilight noticed it, and pulled Dusk in for a hug. She then said, "It's okay. It's okay. I'll make sure to give you a life that your parents would have wanted you to have."

"My parents were always too busy," Dusk said.

"But this time, I'll make sure that you'll get some much needed time," said Twilight. "Now, let's go get the pizza and head on home."

Dusk nodded, then the two of them headed on somewhere.


The next day, Twilight, Spike, Dusk, Velvet, and Night Light arrived at the carnival. They were going to enjoy their day at the carnival.

"This is amazing!" said Spike. "This is the first time I've been to a carnival!"

"Well you're not the only one, Spike," Twilight said. "This is Dusk's first carnival. And not just as a pony."

Spike smiled over at Dusk and said, "Let's have some fun. Let's start off with the roller coaster!" He then started running off. Dusk smiled and followed Spike.

"Hey! Wait up!" Twilight said as she, Velvet and Night Light chased after them. "We're supposed to stay together!"

They eventually made it to the line of the roller coaster. It wasn't that long for them to get on. Dusk and Spike got in the first row.

"This is going to be really fun," said Spike.

The group has gotten into the carts of the roller coaster. Then a voice on the speaker said, "Please remain seated, and keep your hooves in the vehicle at all times."

The roller coaster then started moving and they went around turns and loop da loops. They eventually got off of the roller coaster. Velvet was ecstatic.

"That was truly thrilling!" Velvet said. "We should go on more thrilling rides like that!"

"That sure was fun," said Night Light. "So, what else should we go on?"

"I bet we could get a good view of the place," said Twilight. "I heard that the top of the Ferris Wheel is where the best view is."

Twilight's parents nodded. Then the five of them headed towards the Ferris Wheel. They waited in line to get on. As soon as they reached the top of the Ferris Wheel, they were astonished by the view.

"Wow," said Dusk. "It's... it's a really nice view."

"It really is," said Twilight. "I've should've done this a long time ago."

"Yeah," said Spike. "You were always too focused on your books, you didn't want to enjoy the sights around you."

"But now that you got a chance, you are starting to have some real fun," said Night Light.

"I'm sure that your brother would've wanted you to enjoy yourself a long time ago," said Velvet.

Dusk looked at Twilight and asked, "You have a brother?"

"Yeah," Twilight said. "Shining Armor is my big brother. He's captain of Canterlot's Royal Guard."

"He sure has been training a lot," said Velvet. "Keeping Canterlot safe from any trouble."

"I'm sure that one day, you'll get to meet him, Dusk," Twilight said. "Right now, let's enjoy the carnival."


Later, the five of them were at the carnival games. Dusk was looking around to see what prizes were there that reminded him of his old home. There was nothing there.

Twilight walked up to Dusk and asked, "Are you okay?"

Dusk sighed and said, "I just thought there would be anything that reminded me of my old world. I couldn't find anything."

"Oh, Dusk," Twilight said, pulling him in for a hug. "I know that you miss your old family, but you should know that they'll always love you. You can always talk to me if anything gets you down."

Dusk smiled and said, "Thank you, Twilight."

Twilight looked over at a game and said, "How about we get you a prize over at that game over there?"

Dusk looked over and saw a game similar to wack-a-mole. It was called Wack-a-Sprite. "Wack-a-Sprite?"

"Yeah," said Twilight. "It's based off of the Parasprites that came to Ponyville a while ago. The only thing that gets them in line was music. We thought that Pinkie Pie was being crazier than usual that day, but it turns out, she was trying to save us from the infestation by distracting them with music, and leading them out of Ponyville."

"I... I guess I can give it a shot," said Dusk. Then he, Spike and Twilight headed for the game and started playing it as the game started. Dusk was using the hammer he had with his hoof. It was a special rule in the game that no unicorn magic is to be used.

The game ended. Twilight and Dusk tied for 1st place while Spike was behind by six points. Twilight then said, "Wow. A tie. That is amazing."

"Yeah," said Spike. "How'd you get so good, Dusk?"

"I was told I had fast reflexes when I was human," Dusk said.

"That is so interesting," came a voice. The three of them turned to the left and saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna standing there.

"Princess Celestia?! Princess Luna?!" Twilight asked. "What are you two doing here?!"

"We thought it would be nice to see how things are going here," said Princess Celestia. "I see that Dusk is settling in okay."

"Well, he is," said Twilight. "He still isn't ready to call me 'Mom' yet, but he knows what's going on."

"That's okay," said Princess Celestia. "There are some things that aren't ready for a change until they are ready."

"Indeed," said Princess Luna. "Thou young colt shall get use to the changes."

"Just like you with your speech," said Twilight, smirking at Princess Luna.

"Quite," said Princess Luna, nodding. "I hope thou will enjoy this festivities of fun."

"We are, Princess," said Spike. "We came here to show Dusk a good time for the first time."

"Well, Dusk does deserve a good time," said Princess Celestia. "After what that wicked woman did to you, you need this. Especially when your aunt got imprisoned at a place called 'State Penitentiary'. And your cousin was sent to a boarding school for troubled youth."

"Well that's good to hear," Twilight said.

"What about my parents?" Dusk asked.

"They have been a bit miserable without you," said Princess Luna. "But, they have started working on a cruise ship to help with their pain. They'll remember you forever."

Dusk smiled and said, "Thank you..."

"You're welcome, Dusk," said Princess Celestia. "Now, you go enjoy the carnival. It's supposed to be a happy day for you."

Dusk nodded, and Twilight said, "You know, it's getting close to lunch time. How about we go get something to eat, and see the Wonderbolts show?"

"That would be nice," Dusk said.

Then the five of them headed towards the carnival food court for them to get something to eat.


Later that afternoon, Twilight, Spike, Dusk and Twilight's parents were heading towards their homes. Dusk had gotten a lot of prizes from the carnival.

"So, what did you think of your first carnival, Dusk?" Twilight asked.

"It was very good," said Dusk.

"Yeah," said Spike. "You got a lot of prizes there, Dusk."

"So, what did you like the most in the carnival, Dusk?" Velvet asked.

"Definitely the Wonderbolts performance," said Dusk. "They look so cool."

"You know, you have to be a pegasus to be able to join the Wonderbolts," said Twilight. "You're a unicorn."

"I don't think I would get use to wings," said Dusk. "I think it would be weird to have new limbs sprouting from my back."

"Well, how about we go inside and have some dinner?" Twilight asked.

"Okay," said Dusk. He then headed inside.

Spike called out, "Hey, wait a minute! Let me unlock the door, first."

Twilight giggled at Dusk's antics. Then she and her parents headed inside, and Twilight headed towards the kitchen, and got started on dinner.