• Published 6th Oct 2020
  • 15,254 Views, 463 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk - Mister E-Nonymous



Twilight gets lost in the Everfree Forest, and finds an interesting flower that sprays some mysterious pink pollen at her. Meanwhile, a very sick kid who was stuck with his snobby aunt and cousin died and gets reborn and taken in by Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
36
 463
 15,254

Chapter 4: Surprise Visit

Chapter 4: Surprise Visit


Time has passed on as Dusk has been getting use to his new life. Twilight has been teaching him more and more magic. And he has been getting good grades in his classes. Dusk was also having fun with the Crusaders. And once in a while, whenever Dusk got a good grade, she and Spike took him out for some fun times.

Twilight and Dusk were walking back to the library. Twilight then said, "You're doing so well with adjusting to Equestria, Dusk. And doing very well in school."

"You really think so, Twilight?" asked Dusk.

"I know so, Dusk," Twilight said. "You've been doing well in school, having good times with your friends, and have been really improving on your magic."

Dusk smiled and said, "Well, I had a good teacher when it came to learning magic."

"Aww..." Twilight said, pulling him in for a hug. "Dusk, you are such a sweet little colt." Then they continued heading towards the library.

As they got inside, Spike wasn't in the main room of the library. Dusk then asked, "Hey, where's Spike?"

"That's odd," said Twilight. "He's usually here." She then called out, "Spike! We're back!"

Then coming out of the kitchen, Spike came out and said, "Twilight. We got guests here."

"Guests?" asked Twilight. She then ran into the kitchen with Dusk following her. Twilight was surprised to see who was at her kitchen table. Her parents, Twilight Velvet and Night Light. "Mom?! Dad?! What are you two doing here?!"

"Oh, Twilight," Velvet said, smiling. "You honestly think we wouldn't get a chance to meet the new colt we heard so much about, did you?" Velvet then walked over towards Dusk. She smiled down at Dusk and said, "I was wondering when we would get to meet you."

Night Light walked up to Dusk as well. He then said, "He sure looks a lot like you, Twilight. I never thought that would be possible."

"It was really odd for me as well," Twilight said. "But, at least he's a good colt."

"Twilight, are you sure you'll be able to handle taking care of Dusk here?" Velvet asked. "Are you sure you don't need any help?"

"What do you mean, Mom?" Twilight asked.

"I just thought that you could use a little help with watching Dusk," said Velvet. "We're thinking of moving here to help you out in case you need some help with watching Dusk."

"But what about your home in Canterlot?" Twilight asked. "You worked so hard to get it."

"I know, Twilight," said Night Light. "But Velvet and I are willing to give it up to help you watch over Dusk. Shining Armor understood when we told him about Dusk. Although, he was a little concerned that you've taken in a young colt."

"But that's nothing to worry about now," said Velvet. "Anyway, are there any motels here that we can sleep in until we find a place here in Ponyville?"

"Not that I know of," said Twilight. "But I'm sure that one of my friends will offer you a place to stay while you're here. Maybe my friend Applejack can let you stay with her until you find a place here in Ponyville."

"That's good to hear," said Twilight Velvet. Then the sound of Spike gagging came. Spike then belched, and then a scroll materialized from his flames.

Spike grabbed it and unrolled it. He then said, "It's from the Princess. Wow. It's for Velvet and Night Light. It says that, with Twilight's permission, that Princess Celestia would allow some ponies to build a guest house right outside the library. She said she'll even pay for the whole thing."

"Wow," said Twilight. "Alright. But I have to find a place for you to stay. You can leave the stuff you brought here until we can find a place for you to stay until the new guest house is done. Spike, write a response to the princess."

"You got it, Twilight," said Spike, grabbing a new piece of parchment and a quill.

Twilight then said, "Well, Dusk has been doing well in school. We were going to go out for hayburgers and bowling."

"Really?" asked Dusk. "I've never been bowling before."

"Not even in your previous life?" asked Twilight.

"No," said Dusk. "My old mom and dad were going to take me, but then came their work out of the country."

"Oh, right," said Velvet. "We were told about that by Princess Celestia. But you don't have to worry about those terrible creatures you once called an aunt and cousin."

"Yeah, Dusk," said Twilight. "You have a new family that won't treat you like a slave. You deserve the best you can have."

Velvet saw a piece of paper out of Dusk's saddlebags. She took it in her magic and started reading it. She smiled and said, "Wow. These grades are very good. Not perfect, but still pretty good."

"I know," said Twilight. "Dusk has been getting good grades in his classes. Mostly B's, but he has been doing well in math. Thanks to me for helping him out."

"And I'm guessing that when an opportunity for him to go to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns comes..." Night Light said.

"Actually, I think he'll be better off learning magic from me, and stay here in Ponyville," Twilight said. "Apparently, when Dusk was still human, he met someone in pre-school, and when he finally became good friends, that friend moved away and never saw him again. And that was before he was being tortured by his aunt and cousin."

"Well, I think that's a good idea," said Velvet, rubbing Dusk's head. "I have to say, I think that you've made a good decision. It wouldn't be a good idea to have Dusk stay with his friends. It wouldn't be fair for him."

"Yeah," said Twilight. "Anyway, why don't you join us for dinner and bowling?"

"Sure," said Night Light. "We could even teach Dusk how to bowl. We were on the Canterlot Bowling Team."

"That would be good," said Twilight. "We'll head out and see if somepony can offer you to stay with until your new house gets built."

"Alright," said Night Light. "Well, let's get going, shall we?" Then Dusk took off his saddlebags, then the five of them headed out.


Later, Twilight, Dusk, Spike and Twilight's parents arrived at the bowling alley of Ponyville. But to Twilight's surprise, her friends were already there.

"Hey, look!" Rainbow said. "Twilight, Spike and Dusk are here!"

Twilight smiled to see her friends there. She walked over towards them and said, "I wasn't expecting all of you here."

"Yeah," Applejack said walking up to Twilight. "Rainbow Dash and I came here for some friendly competition. Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie saw us."

Rarity walked up to them and said, "Yes. Even though I think Bowling is a little rough, I think it might be good to try new things for once." She then noticed Twilight's parents. "Twilight, darling, who are these ponies?"

"Oh, right," said Twilight. "Girls, meet my parents. My mom, Twilight Velvet. And my dad, Night Light."

Pinkie Pie rushed up to them and said, "Ooooooh! New ponies! I love meeting new ponies!"

"My parents decided to move here from Canterlot to help me take care of Dusk," said Twilight. "Princess Celestia is sending some construction ponies down here to help make a guest house right outside the library."

"So they would be able to be close to help out with watching Dusk if you or any of us have to go out of town," said Rarity. "And I'm guessing you need somepony to have them live with until the new guest house is made."

"Can't be my place," said Rainbow Dash. "They aren't pegasi."

"My cottage is already crowded with animals," Fluttershy said.

"Mrs. Cake has already made a room for the babies they're going to have," said Pinkie Pie.

"So, that just leaves Rarity's boutique, and Sweet Apple Acres," said Spike.

"Ah guess it'll be alright if Twi's parents stay over at the farm," said Applejack. "But Ah have ta warn 'em. The Apples are early risers."

"Meh, didn't stop us," said Night Light. "When we got up early, it was hard for us to get back to sleep."

"Indeed," said Twilight Velvet. "Remember, it's only temporary until the construction crew makes the house."

"Ah understand," said Applejack. "O' course Ah'll have ta get some things organized with Granny Smith."

"Thank you, Applejack," Twilight said. She then looked towards her family and said, "Alright. Let's get to bowling."

Then Twilight and her family headed over towards the place where they get the bowling cards to keep score. The five of them went over to a row. The rest of the Mane 6 were in the row next to them. They thought it would be fun if the two groups bowled together, since both of their rows share the same ball return.


Dusk was being taught by his new grandparents about how to bowl. On the first throw, he got the ball into the gutter. He was having trouble having a good grip with the ball, but he was taught to imagine having a good grip on the ball. But he was eventually taught on how to keep a grip on things with his new hooves.

Dusk eventually started getting the hang of the game when it was halfway through the first game. Dusk then got an average of 175. Dusk did a really good job on his first time bowling.

"You did very well, Dusk," Twilight said, rubbing Dusk's head. "I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, Twilight," Dusk said.

"You go put the ball back where you got it, and we'll head out to the Hayburger for dinner," Twilight said, making Dusk nod.

Velvet walked up to Twilight and asked, "He's not calling you Mom?"

"Still trying to get use to the place," said Twilight. "He's not ready to call me Mom until he's good and ready."

"I understand," said Velvet. "It's gonna be a while before he starts calling you mom."

"Yeah," said Night Light. "Things like that take time."

Spike walked up to Night Light and Velvet and asked, "How did Shining Armor take to the knowledge about Dusk?"

"He still finds it a little weird that Twilight has somehow given birth to a colt that looks similar to her, and yet grew a few years in just an hour," said Night Light. "He still finds it unbelievable."

"Yeah, that makes sense," said Spike. "But, he's gonna have to get use to it."

"He sure does," said Velvet. "Now, let's get going to the Hayburger. I'm starting to get hungry myself."

Twilight nodded, then Applejack walked up to them and asked, "Mind if we join ya?"

"Sure," said Twilight. "The more, the merrier."


Later that night, Applejack has set up a guest room for Night Light and Velvet to stay until their new home gets built. Granny Smith was okay with letting Twilight's parents staying with them.

Later, Twilight had put Dusk to bed. She tucked him in and kissed him on the forehead and said, "Good night, Dusk."

"Good night, Twilight," Dusk said. He then turned as Twilight was about to leave the room. Just then Dusk thought of something. He then looked back towards Twilight and asked, "Hey, Twilight?"

Twilight turned her head towards Dusk and asked, "Yeah, Dusk?"

"Do you think my old parents are doing alright without me?" Dusk asked.

"I'm not sure," Twilight said, walking over towards him. She then put a hoof to Dusk's shoulder and said, "But I know that they'll always love you. No matter what." She then sighed. "I'm sure they miss you with all their hearts, but I'm sure they'll understand this. Even though you're gone, they'll never forget you."

Dusk smiled with tears in his eyes. He then hugged Twilight, and Twilight returned the gesture. Dusk smiled and then let Twilight go. He then got really tired and rested his head. Twilight smiled and headed out of Dusk's room.

"Dusk really is a good kid," Twilight thought. "At least he's now got a better life then he did recently as Henry. If only somepony could teach those bad creatures he had for an aunt and cousin a lesson they'll never forget." Twilight was walking towards her room, and headed towards her bed.

Author's Note:

Well, Dusk finally got to meet his new grandparents. Luckily, they'll be happy to help Twilight in case there are some things that Twilight can't do.