• Published 6th Oct 2020
  • 15,119 Views, 459 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk - Mister E-Nonymous



Twilight gets lost in the Everfree Forest, and finds an interesting flower that sprays some mysterious pink pollen at her. Meanwhile, a very sick kid who was stuck with his snobby aunt and cousin died and gets reborn and taken in by Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
36
 459
 15,119

Chapter 3: Learning New Things

Chapter 3: Learning New Things


For the next couple of weeks, Twilight has been teaching the human turned son, now known as Dusk Shine, about life in Equestria. He was surprised to know that the sun and moon are moved through the sky by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. And as for the weather, it was controlled by pegasi that work for the weather division.

It was also difficult for Dusk to walk around like a pony. His center of gravity was completely different when he was human before. Twilight had also taught Dusk some basic magic. Twilight knows when Dusk gets older, his magic will become stronger. Although, for the time being, Twilight's parents and brother have been writing to Twilight non-stop, and Spike was belching them out.

"Oh, man!" Spike said, after belching out another scroll. "That's like the 100th letter I let out from your parents or Shining Armor."

Twilight then took the letter and started reading it. Twilight smiled at it and said, "Well, it's just my parents being concerned about this whole situation with Dusk. Hopefully, when they meet Dusk, they'll know why I had to take him in. And not for the pregnancy reason." Twilight then looked at the time. "Oh, shoot. Tomorrow's Dusk's first day of school. I need to get him some school supplies."

"Good call, Twilight," said Spike. "I'll stay here and keep the library tidy."

Twilight nodded, and headed upstairs to the room where Dusk is staying. Dusk was sitting at the desk, reading a book. Twilight then walked over to him and asked, "Whatcha reading, Dusk?"

"Just one of those children's books you got me, Twilight," Dusk said. Now you see, Dusk knows that Twilight is his new biological mom, but he doesn't feel like calling Twilight 'Mom' right away.

"Still not ready to call me 'Mom' yet, huh?" Twilight asked. "It's okay. Your old parents would understand. They would've want what's best for you, except for what your old aunt and cousin did. I'm sure they would want you to be happy." Twilight then leaned her head in and kissed Dusk on the forehead. "I'll even make sure of that."

Dusk smiled and said, "Thank you, Twilight."

"Now, tomorrow is your first day of school," said Twilight. "We need to head out and get some school supplies. So, we need to get going."

"Okay," Dusk said. He then got out of his seat, but almost lost his balance. Dusk eventually recovered and followed Twilight, and headed out into town.

They eventually made it to the bookstore to pick up some school supplies. Twilight started off with getting the saddlebags. He had to get Dusk measured for what size saddlebags he should wear. Good thing there was somepony there to take the measurements. When Dusk was measured, he decided to see what saddlebags he liked.

As soon as he picked which bag to get, Twilight then walked over to the school supplies with Dusk following. Twilight got some notebooks, some pencils, a pencil sharpener, some crayons, a lunch bag.

"Okay," Twilight said. "Now, you're ready for school." Twilight then put the saddlebags onto Dusk's back, and put the school supplies in each bag.

"Whoa! These saddlebags feel weird," Dusk said.

"I know," said Twilight. "But trust me. You'll get use to them in no time. Now, let's head on home."

"Okay," Dusk said. Dusk then sighed, sadly.

"Everything's going to be okay, Dusk," Twilight said. "I know you miss your parents. But, at least you got to see them one last time before you came here."

"Yeah, I know," said Dusk. "I just hope they'll be happy once again. My aunt and cousin treated me horribly."

"Well, you won't have to worry about that," Twilight said. "I'll make sure that you'll have a good life. And if there's somepony troubling you, make sure you have good friends with you to help you out."

Twilight and Dusk then headed back to the library. Dusk was officially prepared for his first day of school. Hopefully, he'll make some good friends.


Twilight walked Dusk to the Ponyville Schoolhouse. She had prepared a lunch for him to enjoy. He was still a little weirded out that his taste buds changed. He explained that humans were able to eat specific meats. But the ponies won't worry about that because of his completely different body. Twilight packed Dusk a sandwich with daffodils, an apple, a juice box, and a pudding cup.

"Now remember, Dusk," Twilight said, "your class time will end right before lunch. I'll be back when lunch time is over. Until then, be good, and don't cause any trouble."

"Okay, Twilight," said Dusk. Just then, the school bell started ringing.

"Oh, boy," Twilight said. She then pushed Dusk towards the school door and said, "Behave at school, and try to make some good friends. See you after lunch."

Dusk nodded, and headed into the school house. Dusk then looked into the class and saw a bunch of fillies and colts. He got a little nervous, but then he felt a hoof touch his shoulder. He looked up and saw the teacher of the schoolhouse, Cheerilee.

"Hello, there," said Cheerilee. "You must be Dusk Shine. It's a pleasure to meet you." Dusk gave off a nervous smile. "Well, c'mon up front. I need to introduce you to the class." Dusk then stepped up to the front of the class and showed himself to the other fillies and colts in the room. "Good morning, class."

"Good morning, Miss Cheerilee!" all of the other students said. Two voices were just bored.

"Now, before I begin today's session, I would like to introduce you to a new student," said Cheerilee. "His name is Dusk Shine. I want you all to be nice to this colt, and make him feel at home here." Most of the foals nodded. Cheerilee then looked down at Dusk and said, "Now, you go ahead and pick out an empty seat."

Dusk nodded, and looked around for an empty seat. He eventually found on empty seat and walked towards it. He sat in that one seat, and took off his saddlebags. He looked over to his right, and saw a familiar orange pegasus filly was sitting next to him. I'm guessing you all know who she is.

Scootaloo looked over at Dusk and asked, "'Sup?"

Dusk smiled nervously, but then he started looking towards the front of the class. Dusk was trying to learn about everything in this world, since he was going to get use to this place.


Recess came in around 9:30. All of the fillies and colts were running outside to play on the playground. Dusk was the last one to come out of the schoolhouse to enjoy recess. He was still a little nervous about being in a new school. Unlike Twilight trying to avoid making friends, Dusk was a little too nervous. He didn't know who to trust yet. So, he went over to the slide all by himself. But before he could get onto the first step, a voice then came to his attention.

"Well, well, well... Look at the new colt here." Dusk looked towards the voice and saw two Earth Pony Fillies; Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Diamond Tiara then said, "You can't go onto the slide. You're just the new foal. New foals aren't allowed to play on the playground equipment." She was saying that in a mean tone.

"W-what?" Dusk asked.

"Losers like you aren't allowed to have fun," said Silver Spoon. "It's lame ponies like you who end up pathetic losers when they grow up."

"Yeah," said Diamond Tiara. "Nopony will ever appreciate you."

Dusk was backing up, starting to form tears in his eyes. What Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were saying to him were hurting his feelings. But then another voice came to their attention.

"Diamond Tiara! Silver Spoon! Y'all leave the new colt alone!"

The three of them looked over towards the voice and saw three fillies running up towards them. They were Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo; the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They rushed in and got between the schoolhouse bullies and Dusk.

"Why don't you stop teasing everypony and think you're better than them?!" Scootaloo said, angrily.

"You have been nothing but jerks ever since you've gotten your Cutie Mark," said Sweetie Belle.

"Well, I am suppose to have everypony fall in line," said Diamond Tiara. "Ponies like you are good for nothing. And you'll probably be blank flanks for the rest of your lives." Then she and Silver Spoon started laughing, meanly.

Scootaloo then smirked and quietly asked Dusk, "You are Twilight's son, aren't you?" Dusk nodded. The other fillies got the same idea and smirked as well.

"Well, at least we're related to the six heroes of Equestria," Sweetie Belle said. That made the girls stop laughing, and got a little mad.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Diamond Tiara asked, confused, yet angry.

"Mah big sister, Applejack, Sweetie Belle's sister, Rarity, and Dusk's mom, Twilight," Apple Bloom explained, "they're all heroes of Equestria. They saved Princess Luna from bein' Nightmare Moon, and stopped Discord from turning Equestria into his own playin' grounds. You have no relation to any o' them. Not ta Pinkie, nor Fluttershy, nor Rainbow Dash."

Diamond Tiara's face then started turning red in anger. She then shouted, "You think anypony will remember them in the future?! I will guarantee that they'll be total nobodies when time passes, and I'll be more important than them! And I'll make sure that you will never be appreciated for anything!"

"Diamond Tiara!" came the voice of Cheerilee. The foals looked towards Cheerilee and saw her walking towards Diamond Tiara. "Is this how you are treating other ponies? Treating them like garbage and thinking you're more superior to all other ponies?" Cheerilee shook her head and said, "You are staying after school, and I will inform your father about your obnoxious behavior."

"WHAT?!" Diamond Tiara shouted. "You can't do that! I won't let you!"

"Sorry, Diamond," said Cheerilee, "but you're not in charge at this school." She then picked Diamond Tiara up, and pulled her into the classroom. Silver Spoon was sad that Diamond got in trouble, so she decided to walk away from the group.

Apple Bloom then looked at Dusk and asked, "Ya okay?"

"Y-yeah," said Dusk. "Th-thank you..."

"You're welcome," said Sweetie Belle. "It's... Dusk, right?" Dusk nodded.

"Nice ta meetcha, Dusk. Ah'm Apple Bloom. Applejack is mah big sister."

"I'm Sweetie Belle. Rarity is my sister."

"And I'm Scootaloo. I might not be related to Rainbow Dash, but I wish I was related to her. She is so awesome!"

Dusk could only smile that there were some ponies around his age who were actually being nice to him. Apple Bloom then asked, "So, ya wanna play with us?"

"I... I guess I can," said Dusk. "It's been a while since I had a real friend."

"Applejack already told us about ya," said Apple Bloom. She then patted Dusk's shoulder and said, "Ya could really need a friend. Now ya have three."

"C'mon," said Sweetie Belle. "Let's all go play on the merry-go-round together." Then the girls started running towards the merry-go-round. Dusk smiled and then started following them.


Later that afternoon, Twilight arrived at the schoolhouse to see that Dusk was finishing up his lunch and talking with the Crusaders. Twilight smiled at that, happy to see that Dusk made friends with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They would be a good start with being friends.

Twilight then called out, "Dusk! Time to head on home!"

Dusk turned his head and saw Twilight by the gate. Dusk smiled and then he grabbed his saddlebags and headed towards Twilight.

"We'll see ya tomorrow, Dusk!" Apple Bloom called out.

Dusk nodded towards them as he was heading over towards Twilight. The two of them headed back to the library. Twilight then said to Dusk, "Well, I know you're going to have some homework. I'll even help you get caught up with the rest of the class."

"Thanks, Twilight," Dusk said.

"I'm actually proud of you," said Twilight. "Making some friends. Especially if two of them are the younger sisters of two of my friends."

"Yeah, I know about them," said Dusk. "They explained it when they were sticking up to me against two mean ponies."

"You already had been contacted by bullies in your school?" Twilight asked. "Well, I can't help you there, but if something like that happens, you tell Cheerilee, and she'll handle it."

"Okay," Dusk said. "I'll try."

"That's it," Twilight said, rubbing Dusk's head. The two of them continued walking back to the library.


Twilight helped Dusk with the homework he had to do if he was ever going to catch up on. Dusk didn't have a lot of his homework. He had done a lot of homework, but he had done it well. Good thing Twilight taught Dusk on how to use his magic. He was still finding it weird that he's able to feel a tingle coming from his horn, but he'll get use to it.

As Dusk finished off a good portion of his homework, he went over towards Spike, seeing him with some comic books. Spike noticed him walking towards him.

"Hey, buddy," Spike said.

"Hey, Spike," Dusk said. "Are those comic books? I haven't read one of those since before..."

"I get it, Dusk," Spike said. "You don't have to worry about that anymore. Besides, I have a lot of comic books." He then handed Dusk the first issue of the comic book series he was reading.

"Power... Ponies?" Dusk asked.

"Yeah," said Spike. "You'll enjoy them. I know you will." Dusk then started opening the comic book, and looking at all of the pictures. It was pleasing him. Twilight saw that Spike was sharing his comic books with Dusk. She smiled at that, and then brought in paper plates with pizza on them. Dusk's pizza had some celery, olives and even some flowers on it. As for Spike, his pizza had peppers, emeralds and extra cheese.

"There you boys go," said Twilight. "Eat up."

"Thanks, Twilight," Spike said. Dusk noticed the emeralds on Spike's pizza.

"Why are there emeralds on your pizza?" Dusk asked.

"Dragons can eat gems," Spike explained. "You'd be surprised on what dragons can do."

"Like how you're able to send and receive those scrolls?" Dusk asked.

"Nah," Spike said. "I'm the only one who can do that. Twilight poured a lot of her magic when hatching my egg, and I gained the ability to send and receive messages from certain ponies. Mostly from royalty or Twilight's family."

"That's interesting," Dusk said before taking a bite out of his pizza.

"Dusk! After you're done with your pizza, it's time to get into the tub!" Twilight called out.

"Okay," Dusk said. He then finished up his pizza and put the comic down. He was about to take the plate to the kitchen.

"Let me take that for you, Dusk," Spike said. He then took Dusk's plate and headed into the kitchen. Dusk then headed upstairs to get himself a bath. Hopefully, he'll start to enjoy Equestria more and more.

Author's Note:

So, Dusk Shine has started to make some new friends. He's made a friendship bond with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. And he's starting to form a brotherly bond with Spike. Hopefully, he'll be able to make a lot more friends.