• Published 6th Oct 2020
  • 15,255 Views, 463 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk - Mister E-Nonymous



Twilight gets lost in the Everfree Forest, and finds an interesting flower that sprays some mysterious pink pollen at her. Meanwhile, a very sick kid who was stuck with his snobby aunt and cousin died and gets reborn and taken in by Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
36
 463
 15,255

Chapter 11: Meeting Uncle Shining Armor

Chapter 11: Meeting Uncle Shining Armor


Spike and Dusk were running towards somewhere. They were on their way to where Twilight and her friends were having their picnic. They eventually made it.

"Twi... light! ...I... have... Lemme just..." Spike said, trying to get his breath. But then he belched out a scroll. Twilight took the letter and started reading it.

"'Dear Twilight, I am sure you are as excited as I am about the upcoming wedding in Canterlot,'" Twilight read, before looking at her friends. "Wedding?" She then continued reading the letter. "'I will be presiding over the ceremony, but would very much like you and your friends to help with the preparations for this wonderful occasion. Fluttershy, I would like you and your songbird choir to provide the music.'"

"Oh my goodness! What an honor!" Fluttershy said, astonished.

"'Pinkie Pie, I can think of no one more qualified than you to host the reception.'"

"Hip, hip, hooray!" Pinkie shouted, doing a cartwheel.

"'Applejack, you will be in charge of the catering for the reception.'"

"Well, color me pleased as punch!" Applejack said.

"'Rainbow Dash...'" Rainbow Dash yawned when her name was called. "'...I would very much appreciate it if you could perform a sonic rainboom as the bride and groom complete their "I do"'s.'"

Rainbow Dash put her hoof in her mouth to stop her from yawning. Then she called out, "Yes!"

"'Rarity, you will be responsible for designing the dresses for the bride and her bridesmaids.'"

"Princess Celestia wants me to..." Rarity started, before hyperventilating. The was mumbling random things. "...wedding dress? For a Canterlot wedding... I, ah, ooh, oooh!"

"'And as for you, Twilight, you will be playing the most important role of all: Making sure that everything goes as planned. See you all very soon. Yours, Princess Celestia.'" Twilight finished reading. "But... I don't understand. Who's getting married?"

"I told you to give her the first scroll first," Dusk said to Spike.

"Yeah, you're right," said Spike. He then handed Twilight the scroll that Dusk was talking about.

"'Princess Celestia cordially invites you to the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and...'" Twilight gasped and said, "My brother?!"

"Wait... You have a brother?!" Dusk asked.

"Oh, right," said Spike. "We never told you. Shining Armor is Twilight's older brother, and is captain of the Royal Guard in Canterlot."

"Seriously?!" Rarity exclaimed. "Twilight's older brother is captain of the Royal Guard?! That is really amazing! Not only are we going to be planning a wedding for a princess, but a captain of the Royal Guard?!"

"I guess we are," said Twilight.


The next day, the Mane 6, Spike and Dusk were on a train to Canterlot. Dusk was told everything about Shining Armor from Spike while Twilight was a little bit peeved that she wasn't told that her brother was getting married. As they were about to enter Canterlot, Dusk spotted a magenta barrier covering the entire city.

"Is that... a barrier?" Dusk asked.

"Weird," said Spike. "Well, I guess we'll get some answers once we're inside."

Later, Twilight and Dusk walked towards one building. There were a bunch of royal guards in place and one stallion in purple armor was walking around.

"I've got something to say to you, mister," Twilight called out to Shining. The pony in purple armor looked at Twilight and smiled towards her, and walked towards her and Dusk.

"Twylie!" he called out as he was coming down. "Ah, I've missed, you, kid. How was the train ride? I..."

Twilight cut him off, very upset. "How dare you not tell me in person that you were getting married! I'm your sister, for pony's sake!"

"It's not my fault!" Shining argued. He then looked down and saw Dusk. "Well, well, well. This must be Dusk. When I was told by Princess Celestia that he looks a lot like you, I thought she was just joking."

"Well, it was awkward at first," said Twilight, forgetting about how mad she was at Shining. "But, then I just got used to it."

"Anyway, Princess Celestia has requested a major increase in security," said Shining, and Twilight remembering why she was mad. "Didn't you see all the guards at the train station?"

"Yeah, there's a big wedding coming up," said Twilight. "Maybe you heard about it?"

"It has nothing to do with the wedding," said Shining Armor. "A threat has been made against Canterlot. We don't know who's responsible for it, but Princess Celestia asked that I help provide additional protection. This, you need to see."

Shining Armor used his magic to shoot a beam of magic at the barrier over the city. Dusk asked, "What's going on?"

"The burden of keeping Canterlot safe and secure rests squarely on my shoulders," said Shining Armor. "Staying focused on the task at hand has been my top priority."

"Okay, okay, I get it," Twilight said as she and Dusk started following Shining Armor. "You've got a really important job protecting all of Canterlot with a force field only you can conjure up. But still..." Twilight then started getting angry. "...how could you not tell me about something as big as your wedding? Am I not that important to you any more?"

"Hey. You're my little sister. Of course you're important to me," Shining Armor said, trying to ease Twilight. "But I'd understand if you didn't want to be my best mare now."

"You want me to be your best mare?" Twilight asked, forgetting her anger.

"Well... yeah," said Shining.

"I'd be honored!" Twilight said, bowing. Then the two of them hugged. But then Twilight pushed Shining Armor away and getting angry. "But I'm still pretty ticked you're marrying somepony I don't even know! When did you even meet this 'Princess Mi Amore Cadenza'?"

"Twylie, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza is Cadance, your old foalsitter," Shining explained. Then Twilight got surprised in this.

"Who's Cadance?" Dusk asked.

"Cadance was Twilight's old foalsitter when she was a filly," Shining explained to Dusk. "The two of them did a lot of things together when they were younger. And Cadance knows how to prevent couples from ruining their relationships. And even spread love."

"How many unicorns can just spread love wherever they go?" Twilight said. She was then hopping around. "I only know of one! And you're marrying her!" She then started saying the rest in a sing-song voice. "You're marrying Cadance! You're marrying Cadance!"

Twilight then stopped when a pink alicorn came up to them. The alicorn then said, "I hope I'm not interrupting anything important."

"Cadance!" Twilight said excitedly. Then she did a dance that she and Cadance did when they were younger. "Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!"

Cadance was confused and asked, "What are you doing?"

"Cadance, it's me, Twilight!" Twilight said, trying to remind Cadance of who she was. But when Dusk was looking at Cadance, she seemed a little unfocused to him. Through Dusk's eyes, he thought he saw something else. He saw Cadance, but then he saw something else. A black, bug-like pony with a mucky blue mane, green dragon-like eyes, and holes in her hooves. Dusk then rubbed his eyes with a forehoof.

"Uh-huh," Cadance said, uninterested.

Shining Armor walked up to Cadance and said, "I've gotta get back to my station, but Cadance will be checking in with all of you to see how things are going. I think I speak for both of us when I say we couldn't be more excited to have you here. Right, dear?"

"Absolutely," Cadance said, giving a sinister look. And Twilight and Dusk were suspicious at that.

"Well, we'll let you get to it," said Shining Armor before walking off.


Twilight and Dusk kept an eye on Cadance as she was doing inspections on the wedding preparations. Cadance lied to Applejack about the pastries she tasted, she wanted Rarity to make the bridesmaids dresses a different color, and she was completely rude to Pinkie about her after party design, saying that it would be better for a six-year-old birthday party.

Twilight went to talk to her friends and Spike. Dusk, on the other hoof, was keeping an eye on Cadance. Every time Cadance did something rude, he could've sworn he saw that bug pony. So, he followed Cadance to where she was staying. He looked into the window of where she was staying, and saw her giving a lecture.

"My plan is going all so well," said Cadance. "Those fools don't know it, but the threat they were preparing for was already inside the barrier. And once I take the power of that fool, Shining Armor..." then green flames emitted around her, changing her shape into what Dusk was seeing her as. Her voice even changed as well. "...I, Chrysalis, the Queen of the Changelings, shall take Canterlot, and then Equestria, as my kinds own personal feeding grounds!" She then did an evil laugh.

Dusk gasped and quietly said, "I gotta warn Mom and the Princesses." He then started running away from there, but was caught in a gloomy green aura. Dusk tried to get out of it, but he couldn't.

"Well, well, well," came the voice of Cadance. "What do we have here? A little colt that is trying to ruin my wedding."

Dusk got angry and said, "You mean the real Cadance's wedding! What did you do to her?!"

"Oh, so you saw that, did you?" asked the fake Cadance. "You are nothing but a thorn in my flanks. And so you won't get in the way again, I'm gonna send you off somewhere far away. And by the time you get back to Canterlot, it'll be too late for you to stop me and my swarm."

Then a circle of green flames started surrounding Dusk. Dusk got scared, crying out, "No! No! HELP! HELP ME!!"

"Goodbye, you insolent foal," said the fake Cadance. Then Dusk vanished in a green burst of magic. The fake Cadance smiled mischievously and then headed inside.


Twilight was looking all over for Dusk, not seeing him for a while. She looked around for him. Even asked the guards if they seen where he has gone. But then Rainbow Dash came down.

"Hey, Twi," said Rainbow Dash. "What's up?"

"I know, you probably don't believe me about what's going on with Cadance," said Twilight, "but that's not what's bothering me at the moment. Dusk is missing."

"WHAT?!" Rainbow shouted. "Dusk is missing?! Oh, don't worry, Twilight. I'll find him!"

"But what if he's not even in Canterlot?" Twilight asked. "Or locked up somewhere where we can't find him? Oh, I can't just stand here. I have to find him."

"Easy, Twi," said Rainbow Dash. "Don't worry. We'll find him."

Twilight was worried for Dusk. Who knows where Dusk was?


Meanwhile, somewhere else in Equestria, Dusk was laying unconscious, somewhere dusty. Just then, a pony's shadow came in and inspected Dusk.

Author's Note:

The next episode will reveal where he has ended up thanks to your votes. It was actually a close race for all three, but one vote got the most out of it at the end. Thanks to all the votes my viewers.