• Published 6th Dec 2020
  • 588 Views, 11 Comments

Absence Of Life - AnnEldest



What first started out as a simple dare turns into a hellish nightmare as these groups of students find out the hard way that some things should be left untouched.

  • ...
4
 11
 588

Part One: From The Other Side

I found myself entering the hospital, partially wet from the rain. I wasn't expecting it to be storming. Mainly because it wasn't storming back in Canterlot. But it wasn't my main concern at the moment. The first thing I noticed was Capper at the front desk. The two seemed to be arguing about something. I moved in closer to listen in and I realized that he was trying to see Trixie. That could bring a smile to my face. It was nice to see that he cared enough to see her.

As they argue, I saw the same pink filly that I ran into at the school sitting on the chair, giving me a confused look.

Cozy Glow?

"Let him through. It's okay. We're both here to see the same pony."

I heard a light laugh. I knew who it came from.

I could see that he had a giant smirk on his face but I couldn't tell if it was to spite the lady or if he was just happy that I was there to intervene. Nonetheless, she told us where we needed to go and we headed over to the room. She also then inform us to be careful as she was most likely still unconscious.

I looked back at Cozy. We gave each other a brief stare before I looked away and continued down the hall. I could only assume that she was friends with the student that was attacked.

"Thanks for that," Capper said with a smile.

"No problem. I could tell she was being difficult," I said.

"I don't mind, really." Capper looked at the wall, checking the numbers.

“How bad is it?” Luna asked.

“Spike said they should be okay,” Capper responded. “But I just had to be sure. I have seen it go down both ways”

"I didn't want to believe it..."

Eventually, we found the room and made our way up to the door. I use my magic to turn the doorknob and carefully open the door. A big part of me was hoping that she would be awake and greet us with the same outgoing energy, shouting "the great and powerful." Of course, that was not the case. She laid still on the bed, eyes closed, her body wrapped up with bandages. The thing that concerned me the most was the one that wrapped around her neck.

"What happened?"

"Spike told me that somepony found her like this last night," Capper shrugged as he told a seat next to the hospital bed. " no one is exactly for sure why but apparently she was found by the Everfree forest. The same place where the student was attacked. Or at least they were around the same area. I'm not really for sure if other than what I was told so it is hard to say what is actually true."

"You think they were attacked by the same thing?" I already knew what he was going to say.

"I mean it would be a pretty damn coincidence if it was otherwise."

"She looks bad..." I said in a low voice.

"I'm sure she'll be fine. Trixie has always been a fighter."

"Do you really believe that?" I questioned.

"I'm trying to," Capper let at a guilty chuckle.

I shrugged. "I guess that's something."

"What else is on your mind?"

"What?" I lifted my head up and stared at him.

"I could tell there is something else going on?"

I nodded my head with a sign. There really wasn't a reason to lie to him. “There was this stallion named Timber Halls. He and his friends went missing a couple of months ago. No bodies were found, no signs of foul play. They just disappeared.”

“But?”

“But I recently saw him come to me in my room. He told me something did this to him...then I had like a vision where I was him and I saw his last moments of life.” The emotions and feelings of that vision started coming back to me. I had to take small shallow breaths to prevent myself from hyperventilating. "But I couldn't see what killed him."

“You think it could be the same thing that attacked Trixie?” Capper asked, connecting the pieces together in his mind.

“I'm saying it's a possibility.”

We stayed quiet for a moment and just stared at her. I can only hope that things would turn for the better. I knew that she made mistakes but so did I and so did Capper. This was something that no one deserves. I could only wonder what did this to her. I didn't want to believe it The Fallen but that was the only conclusion I could think of. Timber Hall then came into my mind. I haven't seen him since he appeared at the school, but I wondered if they were connected. They were all attacked by something mysterious at night. No explanation, no idea what it was, and no one else who saw it. And anyone who did was apparently missing, most likely dead, or unable to speak.

"A student of Twilight's was attacked?" I then asked.

Capper stood up from his seat. "Yeah, Spike told me which room he should be in. Follow me."

Hours later we headed over to Twilight's School. We wander the halls of the school not paying attention to the few glances that we got from the students. I was honestly surprised that Twilight still had classes going on just by what happened right before but what did I know? Spike told us that we were to meet him by Twilight's office, but I failed to mention that I barely knew where anything was at the school since I had never fully been through the school. So I was on my own and because I knew for a fact that Capper has never been at the school we were lost and was very obvious that we had no idea where we were going. We ended up going to the entry that led to the library. A few students walked in and out with no care nor worry in the world.

Capper eventually asked one random student where to go. I was about to follow him when something caught my eye. It was Cozy glow again. I didn't realize that she had left the hospital. But I guess I couldn't have been too surprised. Something seemed off with her. She was looking up at the ceiling her eyes drifting all over the place and she looked really concerned. She was frightened about something. My mind was telling me it was just shaken up by what happened to her friends, but another part was telling me that something else was off. I needed to know more. If she really wasn't there when he was attacked then maybe she was aware of what happened or maybe even knew what attacked him. She could have seen something that the others didn't.

Without saying anything to Capper, I went into the library and followed her. I needed answers and it seemed like the moment she was the one who had them all.

"Cozy?"


"Savannah?" I asked confused. I wasn't aware of the story she was mentioning to me.

"Yes, it's an old tale that has been passed down for years here in Ponyville," she said.

"Forgive me but I know quite a few people here and I've never heard of it before," I did have doubt in my voice but not because I didn't believe her.

"Well, it is pretty old and it has been debated if it's true or not."

By the look on my face, I could tell that she noticed my doubt. She then walked past me and started looking at the books that were on the shelves. I wasn't 100% sure what she was looking for.

She looked back at me. "Come on. This way," her voice sounded a little snappy.

I said nothing and followed her as she blocks down each book alley and glaring at the books. She finally came to us. And hold out an old brown Dusty book from the Shelf. She turned and faced me and showed me the cover that read "The old tales and legends of Ponyville."

She opened the book and started flipping through the pages until she came to a stop and pointed at the page. I lowered myself down and saw that the page showed a photo of what looked to be Everfree Forest with a young pony walking wearing a cloak.

"That's her." She then flipped the page and it showed a map of the Everfree forest. There was a spot that had a star on it. "This is where they say she lived. As I said, it's very old but it is still talked about."

"Well okay but what does this have to do with why you went into the Everfree forest?"

"It was because we wanted to prove to Sandbar that it was real. It was just meant to be fun I guess. It was really stupid but I went along with it. I didn't want to be the Oddball out I guess." She signed in disappointment.

I chuckled as she handed me the book. "I guess I can see that. Just out of curiosity do you believe it?"

"I mean I never thought of it before but I wouldn't be too surprised if things like this existed. I'm just wasn't sure if Savannah was real." She then looks behind her in the direction where he came from before staring back at me. "But now I'm not sure what's real anymore. I'm not saying what happened to Sandbar was Supernatural or anything. I just find it weird how it all did happen."

I only gave reassuring smile. "That's just life" I wasn't sure what to say anymore. "...I hope for the best for your friend."

"Same for you."

"Thank you."

"I have to go but everything about her is in the book. Now you know that I didn't make it up," she smirked knowingly.

I blushed with embarrassment as I quickly try to think of something to say. "Cozy glow, it wasn't... I wasn't saying I didn't-"

She only laughed as she walked past me and left, leaving me speechless. I tried following her to see where she was heading next but it had appeared that I have lost her. I look down at the book staring at the map. I read through the story and found at who she was and what happened to her. I hoped for her sake that it was just a story. But from the ghosts we dealt with in the past, I wouldn't be surprised either way. It's sad in a way when you really thought about it.

So many bad things happening to good creatures.

I looked around to make sure no one was watching before I use my magic to rip off the page and putting the book back on the shelf. The map was the only thing we needed at the moment. I was pretty confident that I would be able to find exactly where the house was.

"Luna?" A voice called to me. I almost thought it was a spirit. However, when I turned around it was only Capper.

"Yes?"

"I found Spike and told him you wanted all of us to talk. He says he has a few things he must do but he'll come back here in a couple of minutes," Capper explained.

"And Discord?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. So I guess we just wait for the time being."

Well, it took longer than a few minutes. We just sat in the library for what felt like hours before we saw Spike finally entering the library.

"Spike?" I called to him.

"Sorry about that. It's just much harder to go off without telling Twilight. I just don't want her to worry." He walked up to us somewhat out of breath.

"You're fine Spike. We figured something was up."

I felt bad bed she worried so much about Twilight and not wanting to freak her out. I get that that wasn't entirely my fault but I just feel like there was some blame of mine. I knew how much you wanted me to tell Celestia so he could tell Twilight but I always wondered why he didn't just tell her. I guess there was a really big part of him that's still respected me enough not to. I appreciated that.

"Discord is by Twilight's office," spike said. "I think he was busy with something."

"Busy doing what?" Capper asked.

"I'm not sure," Spike answered. "Just come with me."

We followed him out of the library and trotted down the hallway. I made a note to remember these halls. Soon we saw Discord by a door who smiled at the sight of us.

"Well, look who's finally here?" Discord cheered loudly.

"Discord we were here hours before you," Spike said flatly.

"But you weren't by the office first," Discord pointed out.

Spike put his claw up to argue against it but put it down after a few seconds. "Okay, you're not entirely wrong... But that doesn't mean anything."

"It means that I'm right," Discord smirked.

"Could we please talk about this when people aren't getting attack?" Capper asked annoyed.

Discord and Spike crossed their arms and both said, "Fine."

I chuckled a little.

"So what do we know?" Discord then asked.

"They said that they went to an old house in the Everfree Forest," Spike started to explain.

"What for?" Discord asked.

Spike only shrugged. "Not sure."

I didn't realize that none of the students actually told Twilight why they went there in the first place. "To prove if a pony named Savannah was real," I then said to them.

They all stared at me with no clue what I was talking about. "I spoke to one of the students and they said that they were told of an old tale about a young mare who was burned alive because they thought she used dark magic to kill someone."

Capper's eyes widened at that. "What?!"

"Can't say I heard worse," Discord sighed.

I pulled out the page I ripped out and showed it to them. "This is where the house is at. I'm sure I could find it." Discord grabbed the page while Spike flew behind him to get a better look.

"You sound sure of yourself," Capper said as Discord handed him the page.

"I know the Everfree Forest backward and forwards. If it's there, I'll find it."

"And do you know any more about this Savannah girl?" Spike then asked.

"Sadly, not much at all. Just that many thought she was a witch or something. As I said, it's a Ponyvillie tale. Nopony knows for sure if it was even real," I said.

Spike didn't look convinced. "I never heard of that tale before."

"Well, technically she didn't live in ponyvillie, right?" Capper called out.

"Right, I guess," I answered. "Maybe we can find something to see if she was real."

"Even if she is real, it's going to be a lot harder to find any information on her if she actually didn't live here," Spike argued.

"Well her story is told here. The book I read it from was from Ponyville. so maybe there's something on her," I pointed out.

Spike still wasn't so sure but he sighed in defeat. "I'll see if I can find anything but don't get your hopes up."

"Thank you." I grabbed the page back from Capper. "Meanwhile, I'm going to check out this house."

"You're going now," Discord asked shockingly.

"You rather I go at night?" I asked sarcastically.

Discord was quiet for a second then patted me on the head. "You made the right choice."

I then turned over to Capper. "Think you could help Spike? Maybe keep an eye on how Trixie is doing?"

"Yeah, I can help. Though, are you sending me off to research duty because you think I could help or because you know that Discord won't be able to do it? Or he wouldn't do it?"

Discord let out an overdramatic gasp. "Hey, you know that I am her protector.” He put his arms around my neck and pulled me closer to him jokingly. “I was assigned to protect my very life on her and that means going to dangerous more fun exciting places that don't involve books or reading. I can't go against my life work." he paused for a moment. "Or deadly work I think would be more accurate. Either way, it's my responsibility."

Spike rolled his eyes as Capper laughed a little. ”Sounds like a plan then," I said as I pulled away from him.

"We can meet at Twilight's castle in an hour," Spike said.

"Works for me," Discord agreed.

"Alright then. We best get started," Capper said to Spike.

"Right. Come with me." Spike nodded and the two began to walk away from us.

"In an hour?" Spike called back to us.

"In an hour," I confirmed.

"Ready?" Discord asked.

"Could we talk for a moment in private?"

Discord opened the door to Twilight's office and looked inside. "It's clear." He flew inside of the room and I followed soon after.

“Well, I guess it's just you and me now.”

“Looks like it, Dizzy,” I chuckled. “ But you were the one that was late.”

“Rule number one, I am never late,” Discord corrected as he dropped down from the ceiling. “You are just early.”

“Whatever. Keep telling yourself that,” I sighed as I shook my head. “Why did you want to meet here anyway? Like at Twilight's school?”

“I was in the neighborhood and I had something to do that was close by so it worked out in my favor.”

“Sure. Whatever you say, dizzy.”

“What? You think I'm lying?”

“Nope,” I blurted. “I just don't really care.”

“Fair enough,” he replied. “Anyways, shall we continue?”

"Well, we only got an hour so let's get to it. I just wanted to tell you something before we do." My eyes went to the floor. "I didn't want nopony to hear us."

Discord got closer to me. "Yes, what is it?"

I took a deep breath. "I'm thinking about telling Celestia The truth about me being psychic."

Discord nearly fell to the ground, completely out of breath at what I said. His head literally fell to the ground and his mouth wide open. I just stared at him unsure what his reaction meant. He put himself back together and just stared at me for a moment. His mind debating if I was actually being truthful to him or not.

"You're serious. Like you're not kidding me right now. You actually want to tell your sister?"

"Well, I thought maybe Spike was right. Maybe I'm overthinking it and she really changed and she would understand me.” I thought about the nightmare I had the night before and how she held me close to her arms. “I don't want to keep lying to her and I hate what our relationship has become. She has every right to be mad at me. Maybe my reasons were Justified at first but now... now I think it's time to let it out."

Discord thought to himself and started pacing around me as if he was examining me. That left a sour taste in my mouth for it didn't seem that he agreed with me. “You sure you want to do this?"

"What do you mean?” I asked in disbelief.

“I mean do you actually want to tell her or are you being pressured to?"

"No this is what I want,” I defended myself. “Is that really hard to believe?"

"To be blunt, yes it is." I couldn't believe what he was saying. "I think you're just trying too hard to please Celestia. You don't need to do anything you don't want to do because of her."

"It's not like that anymore. It's about being honest and fixing what I caused."

"But who said you caused it?” That made me think. I guess I assumed it was always my fault that all of this happened. But I didn't want to lie Celestia. I did have many reasons that I was afraid.

“That was all in the past. I think it's time to move forward you know and not lie for her anymore. I just want her to trust me again."

“Exactly. You don't want to tell her the truth you want to get something out of telling her the truth. You don't really want to tell her. Why do you anyways? Would that make you happy or fill the empty void in your life or something?" He snapped at me in disapproval.

“Why are you acting like this? I thought you of all people would be happy that I want to tell her the truth. Isn't this what you wanted?!"

He threw his hands up and started flying around the room. “Truth be told, I could care less about Celestia. It's not about her. It was never about her and she's trying to make it about her. We both know what this is about. It's not about fixing your relationship with her. You don't have to please her anymore."

“It's not like that!" I snapped at him.

“You want to tell her, go ahead. I just don't get it. Your friends believe you and they accepted you." His voice dropped. "Isn't that enough? Are we just not enough to make you happy?"

My ears fell through the side. “Discord, you don't need to take it so personally. I swear it's nothing like that. Of course I-”

I heard a small Bang with what sounded like voices right outside the door. I didn't even bother to say anything to Discord. I quickly walked up to the door open it and walked out. I didn't see much besides a few students walking down the hallway most likely to the next class.

Did I hear that right? Or was that in my head?

"I never know what I see is real or not..."

I walked back inside the room and close the door behind me.

“You okay?”

“I just thought I heard something but it clearly wasn't anything important,” I shook my head.

“Look Luna, I know I'm sounding like a jerk. I just am hoping that the choices you are making are for yourself and nopony else because the only one that needs to be happy with yourself is you."

I got what he was saying. I didn't know if I agreed with him. At least he cares. I just shook my head wanting to get on with it. I was starting to regret my decision even telling him.

“Let's just get going. We're running out of time,” my voice was low this time and I felt a sick feeling deep in my stomach.

Discord snapped his fingers and a small camera appeared in his hand. I was about to ask what it was for when I realized it was Spike's old camera that he used back when they were at Berry Tart's house. “You know just in case. Spike said to take photos of everything.”

"I get it."

“Okay then. You got the map. Lead the way.”

It took some time but soon we found ourselves in front of the old cryptic house blanketed by its ruin rot and decay. I nodded my head in disapproval as I looked back towards our target. Its charm laid in the mold that ate away at its foundations and the vines that punctured its walls. The window is shattered end the doors hung low on their hinges. It was a house that was full of history and memories but if the walls could talk they could tell the biography of all those who have passed through its domain. It was like its own world, a separate region of the planet, foreign all else.

“This is it?” Discord spoke with disgust.

“Yep,” I confirmed with a nod. “Charming isn't it?”

“I suppose, if a homeless pony lived there,” Discord stretched out. ”Do you really think it's supernatural?”

“If I knew the answers to that question, we wouldn't be here now, would we?”

“No, I suppose not.” Discord sighed. “I just don't see why you're so concerned about this.”

“Honestly, I don't know.” I sighed. “I just have to make sure, that's all.”

“Well, Timber Halls was another one that was attacked by whatever this is, wasn't he?”

I turned to meet his gaze as I squinted at him. “How did you know I was thinking that?”

“I have ears, eyes, teeth and nails and Claws everywhere. I too like to be prepared.”

“Nails & Claws?”

“I was just trying to make a point,” Discord joked.

"I know. Ready?" We both walked up the stairs and to the front door of the house.

The claws of a lion slowly pushed on the old rotting door causing it to sway and its rusted hinges. Its rejection could be heard and the loud creak of the resistance it was backed by. The house was silent as it showed no opposition to their presence. Discord freely walked in, not dazed by its creepy old decor. Been there, done that many times over at that point, so the house's warnings meant very little to him.

“I'm not feeling anything,” Discord reassured me.

“Neither am I,” I confirmed back. “That's strange. Just keep looking.”

"What are we looking for?"

"Anything that stands out. Maybe something about this Savannah girl," I calmly said.

I saw that there was a flight of stairs that led to a second floor. I got on the steps as Discord followed suit as he walked up the old rotting stairs. He trod carefully as each stair-step felt like it could collapse under the weight of a feather and they showed the rejection to any pressure as the wood creek to bend beneath them.

"Maybe if we're lucky we'll see her. Hope she's hot," Discord chuckled with a big grin.

"Grow up, Discord!" I scoffed in disgust.

"I'm kidding. Lighted up." He laughed and started going back down the steps. "I'm going to look downstairs."

I rolled my eyes and continued upward to the upstairs. I saw that there was just a small hallway with one door on one side and two doors on the other. I first went to the side with one door and opened it. With nothing much by rotting furniture with the old walls and spider webs hanging from the ceiling with rotting floors. But I could tell by the size that it was most likely the master bedroom. There was a dresser that barely was standing. I use my magic to open the drawers and I found there wasn't anything in them. There was another door in the room. I use my magic to open the door but the door fell off as I did. Luckily, I was able to stop it before it made an impact on the floor. I looked inside and saw it was just a closet, once again there was nothing but spiders and dust.

Nothing's here...

I walked out of the room closing the door behind me. I went to the other side and opened one of the doors there. It was just a bathroom with mold on the walls and the ceiling and the tiles missing or ripped out. I wasn't even sure if it was safe to go in there. I figured it was best not to risk it. I head over to the last door in the hall. It was another bedroom but smaller.

Just like the other rooms, it was run down by time but it didn't look as bad as the others. I roamed around the room not really finding anything that stood out. Maybe it was just an old tale that kids used for their own curiosity and got themselves into some trouble. Maybe I was blowing this out of proportion. I almost sounded disappointed in myself which was weird to me. That would be the best-case scenario but it was almost as if I was hoping it wasn't and I wasn't for sure why.

There was a door in the room which I assumed was just another closet. I opened it and sure enough, it was but this one was much bigger than the master bedroom about twice its size which was strange to me but it's not like it was the first. Other than that, nothing seemed off about this one either.

"There's nothing here...was I wrong?"

Open your eyes.
It's time to see the morning sun
Don’t cry.
Don’t run.
Let’s see what the day becomes.

I found my body tensed up. I didn't feel anything but I knew I heard something. I looked around the room. I could hear Discord talking to himself from the bottom floor. Was that just him?

“Discord? Is that you?” I called out, hopefully.

I began to wonder if it was from the closet. I knew it was stupid but I walked inside the closet with my horn lit in order to add some light. Was there someone in there with me? I try not to tremble with fear. I needed to stop being afraid of these things and confront them myself.

“If there's someone here with me you can talk to me. I'm here to listen. I'm not here to cause trouble I just want to help.”

I wait for the time when the sun will truly rise. See now spirit from the depth of the night, come forth now into the absence of light.

This couldn't be in my head. This had to be something real.

“Hello?”

Suddenly, I felt something touch my leg which made me jump nearly screaming. I felt like I was on the verge of having a heart attack when I look back at the closet only the see that it was just a spider. Though I wasn't fond of them they didn't scare me that much anymore. I looked behind me and noticed that I accidentally picked a hole in the wall. Must have been when I jump back.

“Dammnit…” I took sighed in relief and took a few breaths to calm myself down. “ Not everything is out to kill you, Luna.”

I would have just left the closet thing but I began to hear a clicking sound but it didn't sound like it was coming from downstairs where Discord was at. It felt much closer but I could tell it wasn't coming from the bedroom nor the closet. I lowered myself down to the hole do I kind of see if the life for my horn made it where I could see that there appear to be another room.

Did somepony board this up? Why?

“Only one way to find out.”

I began ripping pieces of the wall from the hole. Dust and spiderwebs flew everywhere causing me to cough. It didn't stop me though. I kept ripping at it until the hole was big enough for me to at least slide through. I carefully crawled in and pulled myself out onto the other side. I stood up trying to avoid the spiders and the cobwebs that were hanging, using my good wing to get the dust out of my face.

To my surprise, it wasn't another big room or had a flight of stairs and led to another. I just looked like to be small even smaller than the one I was in.

“Well, that's just great...”

I thought to myself how ridiculous I was for spending all that time ripping out a wall that led to nothing while still wondering why it was boarded up, to begin with when I noticed that there was a rope hanging down from the ceiling and tied down to the floor. I then realized what I was standing on when I heard the sound of cracking. My ears perked and my eyes widen as I suddenly felt the ground give out from under me.

I could only scream as I felt myself fall into a dark abyss that led nowhere. The last thing I remembered was hitting the ground really hard where I started hearing a ringing in my ear before the world became dark.











They came for your friend. Now they'll come for you. They are afraid of what you are. You're stronger than them. You just need to see that. Come on and wake up. Selene...wake up. Wake up!














"Luna, wake up. Wake Luna. Luna."

I open my eyes as I felt a throbbing on the back of my head. My vision was blurry but I could see a figure looming over me.

“Luna. Come on, you’re okay.”

I felt a light tap on my left side of my cheek and I shook my head as my vision started to clear up. I could see Discord now looking down at me clearly frightened but also relieved.

“Get up Lulu. You’re okay.”

I groaned as I sat myself up. I could see the room now was completely lit up. I was about to ask if there was still power in the house when I saw a random orbit of light in the middle of the room. That answered one of my questions, at least one of them.

“What happened?” I groaned putting a hoof on the back of my head and rubbing where it hurt at the most.

“My best guess is that you found what appeared to an old dumbwaiter and it gave out from underneath you.”

I saw that right by us were broken pieces of boards that scattered across the floor with ropes wrapped around them and a few metal parts.

“Yeah, I think I figured that out a bit too late." I tried shaking off the pain in my head and carefully lifted myself back up.” At least I found something.”

“At the price of getting yourself hurt,” he chuckled as he grabbed onto my side when I nearly lost balance. “Could you try not to knock yourself out again?”

“It's not like I meant for that to happen,” I said unamused

“I don't want to end up carrying your heavy ass again," Discord joked with a huge grin.

"Don't start with that," I warned him.

"In other words, you did find something, and that something is a little creepier than we were expecting.” Discord walked over to shelves full of old books potions and ingredients.

I went behind Discord and noticed that there was a very long table that had one big old book opened with writing on it but didn't appear to be any language I was familiar with. The book on the shelves was all dusty moldy and had stains; some of the writing on the side of the books were faded but from the ones I could see, they were also in a language I was not familiar with. On the other side of the room, there was a whole nother shelf but with many different jars filled with unknown substances. Discord and I look uncomfortable at each other. It wasn't the first time I saw a room like this but I knew that most of the time it was never good.

“It seems that whoever did live in this house was using dark magic and possibly was a witch of some kind,” Discord's voice sounded defeated.

“It would appear so,” I reluctantly agreed. “Look at this, Discord.” I pointed at the random symbols that were marked all over the walls in red. I couldn't tell if it was made from red paint or something else. I was hoping it was the latter.

“Some of them look more recent.” Discord pulled out the camera and started recording everything around us.

“That is very strange indeed. You know what they mean?”

“I was hoping you would,” Discord said.

“I am afraid I don’t.”

“Let's just take some photos of these symbols and see if Spike knows what they mean,” he suggested.

“Sounds good. We should be heading back anyways.”

“About that.”

“What?” I asked.

Discord groaned. “We had a tail.”

“What?” I blinked

“Someone followed us here.”

“Who?” I gasped.

“I don’t really know, but I think she’s friends with the mix student group of Twilight's.”

I paused for a moment. It didn’t make sense to me. None of the students would have expected us to come here. Except...

“Was she pink?”

“Yes.”

“With Blue curly hair?”

“Yup.”

“I know who it was.”

Author's Note:

I spent all last night and all day finishing this thing but I did and I'm happy. I'm going to try to finish up this part in a couple of chapters; maybe 3 or 4 but we'll see what happens. I hope you enjoy this. It was not easy to write with the time I had but I am mostly pleased with how it turned out.

Till Next Time!!!:pinkiehappy: