• Published 3rd Oct 2020
  • 3,128 Views, 35 Comments

Stop Patronizing the Sun! - Foal Star



Celestia was regressed into a school filly by Discord and endures constant patronizing

  • ...
7
 35
 3,128

Chapter Four: Joining the Cutie Mark Crusaders

Princess Celestia was feeling quite nervous as Twilight was leading her to the schoolhouse the next day. After failing her initial examination, she was unsure of being with other school foals and looking silly, not knowing basic questions that even toddlers could answer. The little filly toddled behind Twilight and was inconspicuous, not wanting to deal with more interactions with her subjects. The violet unicorn gave a sigh and asked, "Celestia, you don't have to go to school if you don't want to?"

"No, it's fine, I'll go...I'm just a little nervous." The princess stammered as she was feeling uneasy but wanted to attempt going to school nonetheless.

Twilight bent down to her level and brushed her mane as she asked, "Alright, come on, then we don't want to be late."

The little alicorn filly gave her student a smile loving how warm and maternal she was becoming and continued to follow Twilight down the street. They eventually made it to the schoolhouse, and that was where Cheerilee looked down at the alicorn princess for a second time that week with a smile. "So, are you ready for school today?"

"Y..y...yes…" Celestia stammered out shyly with her cheeks flushed pink growing on her face; she was then escorted into the schoolhouse and looked among the other foals before her. The princess was quite stunned to see the students not making her feel odd most with most of them engaging in their conversations and ignoring her. Cheerilee clapped her hooves, getting the class's attention. "Attention, everypony, I want to show that Princess Celestia will be joining us until she returns to her normal age. So I expect everypony to treat her with respect."

Everypony nodded silently with hushed whispers as the little alicorn stood in front of the class. "Um...hello...you um probably know me already... I'm Princess Celestia. For now i'm a school foal and will be attending class too. I don't expect you to treat me like a princess, so don't be so nervous around me."

The foals all clapped generously as the alicorn filly toddled down the rows and sat down in the back of the class. Cheerilee then started the lecture going over triangles as Sweetie Belle, who was sitting by the princess whispered, "Hey, Princess Celestia, I heard you wanted to join the cutie mark crusaders."

The princess was quite surprised by this and responded, "yeah, I do, how did you know?"

Sweetie Belle continued, "don’t worry about that, we have a meeting after school so just meet us outside at recess.”

“Ok.” Celestia squealed back, getting a bit giddy meeting the cutie mark crusaders like this was a fantasy of her’s ever since Twilight sent her letters about them.

The white coated unicorn then whispered, “and...um... it's nice to see another blank flank with us."

Celestia blinked as the words blank flank hit her like a bullet. She looked at her rump and saw that her cutie mark was gone with only her white coat crying out. "My cutie mark! Where is it!?"

Everypony turned to the little princess running around in circles shouting, "where's my cutie mark!"

Cheerilee was quite surprised as she came over and asked, "princess, please calm down. What’s wrong?"

However, the little princess wasn't listening as she ran off through the schoolhouse and off into the streets of Ponyville.


The alicorn princess was running down the street, flapping her wings, finding Twilight, who was quite surprised to see the little alicorn filly running down the road at her shouting, "Twilight, where's my cutie mark!"

"Huh!? What are you talking about? Since you regressed to a foal, your flank has been...um...blank." Twilight explained sheepishly.

"No, no, no." Celestia stomped on her hooves and cried, "it was here! It was!"

The violet unicorn shook her head. "No, as far I know, your cutie mark was gone.”

"Stop saying that! I know it was here!" the little alicorn filly screamed as she was now stomping wildly.

Twilight gulped, looking around, seeing ponies were eyeing them as she whispered, "Celestia, please stop your making a scene."

The little alicorn filly paused, looking around, seeing how everypony was reacting to her tantrum with many whispereing in hush voices while others snickered. She stopped and snapped, "Fine, I'll go back to school, but I know I had it."

"Are you sure? Maybe it's best you just try going back to school tomorrow?" Twilight suggested with a warm smile on her face.

"No, I want to go back...I...I guess I didn't have it. I know you wouldn't lie to me." Celestia sighed, looking down at the ground in disappointment not only at the revelation of her cutie mark was missing but also at how she just acted. The little filly quickly trotted off before Twilight could say anything, wondering if this little tantrum will be in tomorrow's paper.


The frustrated alicorn sat on her desk and went through the rest of the school day as Cheerilee continued the lesson on finding the angles on triangles. The princess tried to pay attention, but things were flying overhead, and by the end of the day, Celestia felt like she didn't learn anything at all. At recess, with the foals out playing, the alicorn princess was sitting by looking down, feeling angry. When Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon came by with the spoiled pink coated filly bowed, "princess, it's so good to meet you; if you need any help finding your cutie mark, I can help as I recently got mine."

Celestia eyed the filly she knew well of the stories of the little bully and also had a feeling Diamond Tiara's mother was involved and responded, "it's nice to meet you too, but I'm fine I'll find my cutie mark again soon."

"No, I insist, I can help you find your cutie mark and be your friend." Diamond growled with irritation in her voice.

But she was interrupted when the cutie mark crusaders came by, and Sweetie Belle scoffed, "she doesn't need your help, Diamond. She's a princess afterall."

"Oh yeah, and how can a bunch of blank flanks help? Huh?" Diamond Tiara nagged back.

The princess of the Sun rose up and snapped, "Hey, I'm a blank flank too now and I decided to become a cutie mark crusader! So leave them alone!"

"What!? you want to hang out with these losers!" Diamond snapped back in disgust, Silver Spoon squeaked as she whispered something in Diamond's ear, who then scoffed, "fine then, but when these blank flanks fail to help you can come crawling back to me. But I'll expect a formal apology."

The spoiled little filly scoffed and grumbled under her breath as Silver Spoon followed behind her. Celestia turned the cutie mark crusaders and asked, "so...um...what are you three doing here.

Scootaloo flew over first with a smile. "We saw you were upset about not having a cutie mark and thought to come by and cheer you up."

Celestia bowed her head and mumbled, "I did have one, And now it's gone."

Sweetie Belle held a hoof up and replied. "Yeah, we're sorry about that; I can only imagine how you feel right now."

"Yeah, if that happened to me, I would be super mad, too." Apple Bloom acknowledged.

Scootlaoo gave a nod as she continued, "yeah, so, we talked and decided that we want to help you get your cutie mark."

Celestia looked up with a surprised look she didn’t want the Cutie Mark Crusaders to stop looking for their cutie marks for her sake and replied, "you all are looking for your cutie marks, so don't worry about me. I'll probably just get mine when I grow up again."

Sweetie Belle scoffed, "stop your princess of Equestria! You need to get your cutie mark, I don't think you want your sister doing your job forever! Do you?"

Celestia felt overwhelmed with these fillies being so nice to her as she stammered, "of course not, but I'm not even a cutie mark crusader!? I can't even do math!"

Scootaloo shrugged and replied, "who cares, I can't even do math."

Apple Bloom gave a small nod and continued, "and yeah, I think we all agreed you can be a Cutie Mark Crusader; you just need to go through our formal ceremony later."

The alicorn princess stood up with a smile on her face feeling a lot better as she shouted, "Alright! Well, why don't we make up some plans to find out how to get my cutie mark!"

Sweetie Belle scratched her mane and asked, "yeah, so...um...do you remember how you got your cutie mark?"

The princess blinked as she was never asked that question before and tapped a hoof to her chin, trying to remember. Still, it was such a long time ago, and memories of her foal hood was very foggy. After a few minutes trying to remember she whispered, "Hmmm, wow….I..um...kind of forgot...I might have a journal in the royal library, but I don't know…"

Scootaloo just shrugged and responded, "well, we know her special talent is raising the Sun? Why don't we just find ways for her to do things that deal with the Sun?"

Celestia gasped at this and responded, "yeah! I bet all I have to do is try something with the Sun!"

"Ok, let's go ask Cheerilee; she knows a lot!" Apple Bloom chirped out, and the little fillies ran inside the schoolhouse and found their teacher prepping the chalkboard for the next lesson about circles. Cheerilee turned to see the little fillies with a smile. "Oh, hello! How are you!?"

Princess Celestia gazed up at the teacher with a pleading look and quickly asked, "hey Cheerilee, can you tell us about the sun? it's important so I can get my cutie mark!"

Cheerilee tapped a hoof to her chin. "The Sun, huh? Well, that is an interesting topic: the Sun is the largest object within our solar system, comprising 99.8% of the system's mass. It's located at the center of our solar system, and it's ninety three million miles away from our planet. Though massive, the Sun still isn't as large as other types of stars. It's classified as a yellow dwarf, and it's magnetic field spreads throughout the solar system via the solar wind."

All the fillies groaned; seeing this information was beneficial. Still, Celestia simply felt embarrassed, realizing she didn't know this stuff about the sun even as an adult. She was supposed to be the Princess of the Sun.

Apple Bloom tubbed her forehead with a hoof and replied, "um, nevermind, that isn't very helpful."

"Oh well, sorry I couldn't be of use, but recess is over; please go take your seats." the teacher explained, and soon the other foals started flooding the schoolhouse. Celestia trotted back to her desk and sat down. Cheerilee continued her lecture while the young princess sat there thinking about how she would find her cutie mark.


Later that evening, after school, the four fillies headed to the treehouse. Celestia was in awe as she walked inside. The princess looked around at all the plans drawn up by the cutie mark crusaders plastered all over the walls and whispered to herself. "I can't believe that you actually came up with all these plans on your own."

"Yeah, we tried a lot of different things getting our cutie marks, but were still looking." Apple Bloom mumbled, seeming to be irritated that nothing has worked so far.

The three fillies then stood in front of the princess, and Celestia got a bit nervous as Sweetie Belle cleared her throat. "It's time to start your initiation."

The cutie mark crusaders stood before her as Scootaloo asked, "now do you swear to help find yours and our cutie marks and to never give up?"

"Yeah!" the princess exclaimed.

Sweetie Belle responded next quite sternly, "do you swear to not divulge our secrets to anypony, including Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon."

"Yeah, of course." Celestia scoffed, as she still can't believe how rude the little filly was.

Apple Bloom came up to her and asked, "do you swear to be our friend, even if you find your cutie mark before us?"

"Yes of course!" Celestia exclaimed Sweetie Belle then tied a red cape with the little sigil of a blue diamond with a pony prancing made of gold thread sewn in the middle around her neck as they all cheered, "Welcome to the Cutie Mark Crusaders!"

The three fillies all hugged the princess at they same time which caused them to all topple onto each other. The four school foals then all couldn't help but laugh as they got up. Celestia was bouncing up and down now all giddy with excitement as she turned to her new friends and asked, “so where do we start?”

Apple Bloom shouted, “oh! I have a good idea where we can follow our rooster!? It crows when the sun comes maybe he can give us an idea on how to raise the sun!”

“I was thinking we watch ponies make breakfast? I mean breakfast has to do with raising the sun right?” Sweetie Belle responded.

Scootaloo scoffed, “both of those ideas sound silly, I bet Celestia simply needs flying lessons from Rainbow Dash.”

Soon the three started arguing and the alicorn princess was getting irritated as she shouted, “hey crusaders stop!”

All three fillies turned to face Celestia who continued, “all of these ideas sound good, so why don’t we just do them all?”

“Yeah that sounds like a great idea!” All three school foals exclaimed and soon they got out a giant piece of construction paper as they began writing down idea after idea on how to find Celestia’s cutie mark.