• Published 4th Oct 2020
  • 270 Views, 14 Comments

Broken, but not lost (Under Heavy Editing) - Spazz Kid



Colors were very important in the land of Equestria... just a shame that the entirety used it as fuel.

  • ...
 14
 270

Chapter One (Old)

It had been almost a year since all the color in Equestria started to drain.

By now, it was probably already all gone.

That was certain.

What wasn't so certain was how this problem will be solved, seeing as there is no known solution.

Hopes were lost.

Dreams were broken.

All this was true for a pegasus stallion, sitting in his home, head on the coffee table, in an uneasy slumber.

Of course, he wasn't dreaming about anything. He had lost the ability to dream about anything months back.

Suddenly, he snaps out of his sleep, head shooting upward weakly.

Even though he was sleeping, he felt tired still.

He sighed, and spun around in place, facing the mirror behind.

He once had a bright orange coat of fur, dark ash color, and bright royal blue eyes, same as his mother.

Now, it was a mixture of lighter and darker grays.

He turned back around to face the table, seeing no point in moving.

He crossed his forelegs on the table and set his chin on top of them.

He stared at the empty chair across the table. He couldn't remember why he had it, seeing as he lived alone. Maybe it was for visitors?

Speaking of remembering things, he was doing a lot less of that recently.

Sure, he remembered the basics;

His name; Niro Ashnidon

His age; 22.

The town he lived in currently; Ponyville.

And the town he was born in; Cloudsdale.

But, other than that, it's all foggy.

Feeling bored, he attempted to stand.

It hurt, but he pulled through. His wings slumped down, hitting the floor.

His stomach growled faintly, begging for sustenance.

He ignored it.

He was out of food, and out of bits.

He limped towards the door slowly, stopping only to look at himself in the mirror once more.

He looked awful; his fur was falling out, revealing colorless skin, his wings were bent and broken. His ribcage was slightly visible, his limbs skinny from lack of nutrition. His mane was a dirty mess, and he looked as if he started to grow a beard.

He continued towards the door, wings dragging across the floor, grabbing his coat.

Niro shoved his forelegs and wings into the appropriate holes. He zipped up his coat.

Niro opened the door, a blast of cold hitting him in the face.

He began to weakly trot down the color-ridden street. It was snowing.

At least the snow hadn't changed, as it has always been white.

Niro crossed an all-too-familiar bakery, an stopped.

He walked up towards it, cautiously.

There was an old wooden sign above the door. In very faded pink and blue letters it read;

"Sugercube Corner"

Niro sighed, walking away.

The owners of the establishment, the Cakes, have been out of town for.... well, since this mess started.

No one was quite sure where they were going.

Continuing down the street, he looked up, and stopped in his tracks.

The Grand Oak Library.

Suddenly, an odd sense of nervousness and embarrassment flooded his system.

It was a feeling he hadn't felt since he last saw..... her.

Niro couldn't remember who "her" was, he only remembered that he had a gigantic crush on her.

He stared blankly at the old tree.

It looked abandoned... forgotten; its leafs were gone, due to the winter season. Its wood rotting, and windows cracked and broken.

He was about 38-ish feet away, and it was at the end of the gray, snow covered dirt road.

Then, a intense feeling of being watched suddenly hit him. He looked around, panicking.

There wasn't anyone there. Well, it wasn't like he would see anyone, as the snow was falling down slightly harder.

He looked back towards the library, shrugged it off, and look a left.

Niro weakly trotted down the branching road in the cold, looking around as he went. Pieces of long lost memories flooding back.

He stops and looks forward, squinting.

There's an abnormal shape in the fog-like snow.... almost like a carriage...

Niro, slowly and cautiously, walks towards the shape.

It became more visible, and Niro immediately recognizes it as a caravan.

One of its wheels were missing, and the color-robbed paint was peeling. To add to that, its doors were open, showing that it was completely barren within.

Seeing it as no use, Niro pushed on, his hooves becoming colder from the rising snow.

He kept going until he steps on something oddly soft...

Confused, Niro looks down gasping is shock and horror as he does.

It was a pony... and they weren't alive. To add insult to injury, the pony looked as if they had died recently.... like that very morning.

Niro had fallen over from the shock, and now he was forcing himself to stand up again. He stares at them... and then he notices how malnourished they looked.

Horrifically, his stomach growls softly as he stared the corpse.

He would have thrown up, but due his own lack of nutrition, it was practically impossible.

Niro begins to turn, stopping only when he sees something shuffle in the fog-like snow.

He looks at the shuffling mass, which was right next to the corpse.

Niro watched with wide eyes as the mass stood up...

It was a filly!

Niro felt a stabbing pain in his heart... he understood the situation... the corpse was the filly's mother, and Niro had startled the poor girl.

" H-hello? " The frail looking filly said in Niro's direction, her voice was scratchy. " Who's t-there? "

Niro thought for a moment before responding, " Me... "

Niro brought a hoof to his throat; his throat ached from lack of use.

" P-please help.. " She choked out, " My mommy wont wake up... "

The stabbing pain within Niro's heart strengthened.

" Please, m-mister... I-I t-think s-she's h-hurt " She began to cry.

Niro didn't know how to answer, he had never experienced anything like this before.
He hated it.

Niro slowly approached the filly, who was embracing her dead mother, sobbing uncontrollably.

Niro sat down next to her, " I.. " He began. He didn't want to say it, since the filly had looked up at him with sad, hopeful eyes.

" I d-don't she's g-going to. " He finished in a hoarse voice, tears beginning to flood from his eyes, " I-I-I'm s-sorry... "

The filly looked at him with the most heartbroken expression Niro had ever seen.

The filly's eyes began to tear up with more intensity.

Niro slowly wrapped a foreleg around the filly, comforting her as tears fall from his own eyes.

The filly hugged Niro and began to scream cries of anguish into his coat covered chest.

Niro hugged the filly back, looking at the corpse once more.

Today is not a good day.