• Published 28th Sep 2020
  • 955 Views, 76 Comments

THE IMPOSTER AMONG US - FIM Fiction



MLP X AMONG US. We don't know who we are. We don't know why we're here. All we know is There's An Imposter Among Us.

  • ...
4
 76
 955

7, Captain

Author's Note:

Have fun trying to imagine what the engines look like.

Company.

Company is kinda nice? All I know is that I was lonely.

"Scthhello? Hello! This is Charles, I repeat, this is Charles Calvin. Do you read me? Over"

I read you! Over. "As do I."

"Shtch Who's that? Over."

That's my friend Discord. He- Do I smell smoke?

"You shouldn't. I was baking a cak- ow! Why are you doing that?"

No time to explain but ovens really shouldn't be on right now!

"Oh goodness is that fire I hear?"

Come on! we h

". . . Well, that sounds interesting... Over."

*SPACE SHIP PONY VILLAGE*

Trixie hummed to herself as she walked down the halls. She was carrying supplies to the... Trixie stopped. "What am... I doing?" She shook her head as the lights went out. "Hello?" she asked. "Hmph. I hope someone turns back on the lights." The lights turned back on, a deep red. "Trixie regrets her words." Trixie said in fear.

Trixie's eyes opened wide. "Trixie remembers her nam- oh what is that!?" A withering mass of blackness and blood moved towards her, with a... tall bipedal creature in a white hazmat suit behind it.

The thing seemed to communicate to Trixie, before shaking. The creature behind it seemed surprised
CLICK

The lights went back to normal, as Trixie looked at the black suited pony. "Hello? Anyone there?" Thorax asked, waving his hoof in font of Trixie.

"Screw this crap I'm out." Trixie said, before turning around and running the other direction.

"I... Does a black suit really look that scary?" Thorax asked himself. He watched with concern as Trixie ran as fast as she could. He then turned around, but saw nothing dangerous.

"Nope nope nope nope so much nope T I E does not like this nope." Trixie said, running for the button.

CLICK

A withering mass of shadows and blood stood in front of the button, guarding it. Trixie gulped. "I- m-might Trixie- Wait. Why does Trixie know her name when-"

CLICK

Trixie stared at the button in fear. "Tie reconsiders and begs to not be killed." she said, walking away from the table, before turning and running towards the door.

/EMERGENCY MEETING!/

Trixie let out a whimper as the room filled with shadowy masses of darkness and blood. She took off her helmet. And let out a sigh as everything went back to normal. She smiled, not knowing one of the things was right behind her.

"Alright ya buzzards, come and eat your gosh dang breakfast!" a Pink 3 shouted from the kitchen counter. Her suit was part of her flesh, providing a layer of natural armor. Upon her helmet was a chef hat. "If any of ya even try comin for more then your share, I'll rip out your spleen."

The crowd stared wide eyed. Silver Spoon leaned towards a pony in a cyan uniform. "What's up with that Pink 1?"

"Actually she's a Pink 3 or Guard." a Pink 1 explained. "Someone tried to break the Pink respawn system and..." the Pink 3 growled at a pony. "Well, that happened."

Many stared in shock as Fluttershy was thrown out of the kitchen. She was wearing what seemed to be a black tank top with white shorts, and bandages on her many wounds. According to the medbay system, she should be out of the suit while healing. "Hey!"

"Stay out of Chef Cheff's kitchen!" the Pink 3 said, naming herself. She threw a butcher knife at a vent that started to open, before pulling out a steak knife and looking in the vent. Finding nothing in sight, she grumbled before serving the others.

Rainbow Dash raised a brow at that, before shaking her head. She sat down at her usual table, next to her friends. "Wait... where's Purp- Tiltserk?" She quickly left the room, trying to find the unicorn.

"Are you alright?" Button Mash asked Cozy Glow as she silently stared at her food. Her eyes were amber.

"I... I don't know." Cozy Glow whispered. "I keep seeing things."

"What kind of things?"

Cozy Glow stared ahead at the dissected Tirek trying to scold her. "Trust me, you don't wanna know." Her eyes suddenly snapped wide open. With a loud snap, she turned her head to her left. Button Mash was gone with the gameboy on the ground. Cozy Glow's eyes turned red.

*

Rainbow Dash flew franticly through the halls, trying to find her friend. She burst into the library, and saw Twilight reading a dictionary. "Thank goodness you're alright! What are you doing here? It's breakfast time!" Twilight glanced up, before letting out a sigh, her helmet next to her. Rainbow Dash then noticed that there were several Maintenance books behind Twilight on the bookshelf, covered in dust. "Hang on, why aren't you-"

"Because there's no point!" Twilight suddenly shouted, throwing her book. Rainbow Dash now saw her eyes were red from crying. "No matter what we do, we're all gonna die! We almost ejected an innocent child. A CHILD!" Twilight got to her hooves. "We have no memory of who we are! We don't know how to do anything! We'd obviously need training, and we have no one to train us! And the girl..." Twilight sat down and stared at her hooves. "I did something to her. I... I don't even know who I am. I think I'm a crewmate, but what if I'm not? I hurt that little girl and I feel sorry. But how long until I get my memory back and find out I want to kill everyone?"

"Tilt, I-"

"HOW LONG UNTIL I DISCOVER I'M AN IMPOSTOR AND HURT EVERYONE!? I'm the smartest one on this ship! I could kill everyone and-"

SLAP! Twilight stood stunned as Rainbow Dash glared at her. "Shut up for one moment and let me tell you something!" Rainbow Dash growled as she slammed Twilight against the self. "You are my friend, don't forget that. You are a good person. You felt bad when thinking you hurt a child. And I know we're all scared of dying. But I'll do my best to help this crew in any darn way I can, no matter what. Even if I die trying. I swear on the lives of those who are passed, I will do everything to protect any and all crew. Even you. I'm loyal to the crew." Rainbow Dash released Twilight and walked to the door. She stared out the door before saying "I'd never leave Ponyville hanging." She left the library, walking back towards the cafeteria. Unknown to her, a group of ponies had listened from a nearby room.

*

Button Mash whimpered as a claw was slid against his skin. He was chained to the engines, the fans unnervingly close. "Do you know what I love about this section?" a voice called out. "That there are only two ways to access it. Vents, or a single door. And that door is password protected so only the captain or an Imposter can open it. And he's dead!" A giggle came from the one eyed creature as it walked upright. "Your daddy is dead! And now I get to kill you!" It reshaped it's head into a wolf like shape, it's flesh still resembling a green spacesuit. "Best of all, I can take my time!"

Button Mash simply let out another whimper, paralyzed in fear. The Impostor let out an annoyed sigh. "Really no questions as to why I'm doing this or anything?" Button Mash didn't respond. "Ugh. Well I might as well tell you a little secret, as you'll never live to tell others. Crew mates are ranked by importance according to how many letters they have in their ID. You're the son of C P T C H P, or Captain Chip. That's why you're B T N M S H. Then again, Celestia takes Rank if Chip dies." The Impostor let out a grunt as Button Mash remained unresponsive. "Really?" it asked, annoyed. "Well let me change your ID." It took the card, before changing it. "Let's see, Button Mash to B U T A S H. Butash, like a butt and your fake mustache."

Button Mash let out a shriek as he was pushed closer to the fans. "MOMMY!" he shouted. A needle was then injected into him. He began crying.

"Finally! A sound of fear! Tee hee~" Button Mash began to feel woozy. "Oh don't worry darling. You only took a small dose, so I can work at least this. Your ID is your name. Actually, why am I telling you this? I'm just gonna kil-"

A knife stabbed into The Impostor's side. "You little turd." it growled, slamming it's fist into Cozy Glow's helmet, shattering the visor. It sliced at her, cutting open her suit while throwing her across the chamber.

Cozy Glow laughed, spitting up blood. "It's gonna take a lot more then that to kill this kid!

"Traitor." it hissed at the child.

"Insane." Cozy Glow replied. With a powerful leap, she rammed headfirst into the Impostor's face. "AND THIS PHYCO IS NOT GONNA LET YOU TAKE AWAY HER ONLY FRIEND!"

The Impostor braced itself for impact, before realizing Broken Visor meant Sharp shards, or face knives. "RAUGH!" The Impostor swung wildly, before diving into a vent, blood dripping from it's eye.

Cozy Glow tugged at the chains. She braced her hind hooves against the engine, before steadily pulling on the chains. After a for minute of constant force, the chains began to to creak, before snapping. The chains slapped Cozy Glow's face, causing it to bleed. She quickly caught Button Mash. "Come on, we gotta get out of here."

*

Rainbow Dash walked slowly, to think over what Twilight said. Was it really hopeless? No! She shook her head. She couldn't let those thoughts muddle with her head. She entered the cafeteria, and saw everyone staring at her. ". . .Hi?"

Granny Smith stepped forward. "Listen here Cyan, cause Ima only splain it once. We here was thinkin that we'd be needin a captain. It was brought up while you was off an about. Twilight came here before ya arrived, and nominated you. Some other folks did as well. Big white?"

Celestia walked over, a captain's hat in her magic. "I found this in a room with a really comfy bed. I figured a hat this grand should belong to you."

"Ranib Dish, please kneel." Granny Smith said. Rainbow Dash stood frozen for a second, before slowly kneeling. "With this hat, we crown thee as Captain." Celestia's magic lowered the hat onto Rainbow's head. "Arise, Captain Dish." Granny Smith smiled as Rainbow Dash rose. She began to tap her hooves onto the ground, before stomping them in applause. The rest of the room quickly followed, with many even cheering.

Button Mash stopped applauding for a moment to turn to Cozy Glow. "Are you going to be all right?" he asked loudly, trying to be heard over the applause.

Cozy Glow smiled. "Don't worry, I know where another suit is." she said with a giggle, staring at a child with a fez on their helmet. Her eyes glowed red, before turning back to amber.