• Published 28th Sep 2020
  • 959 Views, 76 Comments

THE IMPOSTER AMONG US - FIM Fiction



MLP X AMONG US. We don't know who we are. We don't know why we're here. All we know is There's An Imposter Among Us.

  • ...
4
 76
 959

4, No more Burns

Hi again! It's me.

I've gotten some heaters going so rooms aren't icy. But hey, now I can slide up and down the hal- Hang on a second. I'm in Admin. And there's a red light on the cam.

It's off now.

I'm the only one left though...

I'm staying here. I don't feel like getting killed. Hang on while I just put something heavy on the vent... Like the whole goshdarn table.

Anyways, story.

*S. S. PONYVILLE*

Breakfast had been nice, and Twilight had found discovered that she knew about coding and hacking, all with her own tablet. They also found out the helmets could "squish" in a sense to fit, or rather click, on the back of their packs, a circle upon a rectangle. And those also were cool! They had an Oxygen Tank and storage compartment to carry stuff! Another thing was that apparently according to The Company, they should be wearing their helmets as often as possible, unless sleeping, eating, or using the toilet. The helmets limited their vision.

Apple Bloom hummed to herself as she walked with Big Mac and Applejack. "What's gotten you so happy?" Applejack asked, wondering why a child was sticking with them.

Apple Bloom looked at Big Mac, wanting him to explain. He stared for a moment, before saying "Nope."

Apple Bloom frowned, before smiling again. "Big Mac's being mah daddy until I find my daddy!"

Applejack's eyes widened at that. "Why in tarnation did ya-" Applejack paused in her speaking. "Tarnation?" She shook her head. "Why couldn't you just say that!?" she asked Big Mac.

He let out a chuckle. "Eyup!" he said cheerfully. He winced as Applejack leaned over and bit his ear. "No!"

Applejack released his ear. "Yes and no, that's all ya ever gonna say, init?"

"Yes." Big Mac answered, rubbing his ear with a grimace.

Applejack shook her head. The trio entered Electrical, seeing Button Mash staring at the wires with an odd look in his eyes.

"Hey, it's the boy!" Apple bloom said. "Hey, what's your name?"

Button Mash's ear flicked, before he reached over and repaired the wires. He leaped to his hooves with a blank expression, before running out of the room. The Apple family looked at each other, before running out to follow him.
*

Diamond Tiara wondered the halls. She had somehow gotten separated from her group, and was now going about aimlessly. She arrived at a door at the end of the hall. But unlike the other dead ends, this door took up the entire hall, with a crack down the middle. Diamond Tiara pushed against the door. It didn't budge. She frowned, before spotting a panel. She put her hoof on it.

"Come on, open!" the filly said to the door. Diamond Tiara let out a grunt, before removing her helmet and shimmying out of her suit until it was past her arms. She put her bare hoof against the scan panel.

"Lockdown Procedure." the system said, registering a Crewmate. It sounded like Blueblood.

"How do I get past?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Captain Required." the system said simply.

Diamond Tiara frowned. She pulled her suit back up and set back on her helmet. Button Mash suddenly shoved her aside. "Hey!" she said angrily. She then turned as she heard footsteps. A panting trio of Apples showed up.

Button Mash sat down, giving the panel an intense stare. He then leaped to his hooves, proceeding to whack the panel. "Twice on top, three on the left. Another on top. Hit the screen." Button Mash muttered under his breath. The door opened 6 inches. Button Mash desperately attempted to pry open the doors.

"Eyup." Big Mac said, rolling his shoulders. He gently moved aside Button Mash, before slowly prying open the doors with a grunt. The moment it was open enough, Button Mash squeezed himself through and ran. The other two children quickly followed.

Applejack helped to further pry open the doors. "Come on Big!" she said, darting down the hall. Big Mac followed. The first thing the two noticed were dim red lights. The second were the dark splotches on the wall. They ran faster.

"Hey! Wait up!" Applebloom called out, oblivious to the signs of danger around her. Earlier Button Mash did some wires, before running out and fixing multiple wires through the halls. There were several broken panels with wires broken, but he didn't stop for any of those.

"We shouldn't be here!" Diamond Tiara shouted at the two of them. Regardless, the two girls followed the boy, until they reach the Navigation Room. Button Mash stopped at the entrance way into the room, before breaking into tears, his face now holding a confused expression.

Apple Bloom walked to his side. "You alright?" she asked.

"I... don't know?" Button Mash answered. "I just began running. I think I kinda blacked out, and now I'm here?"

Big Mac and Applejack ran up, panting heavily. "Child, why'd you run like that?" Applejack asked.

"...Enope." Big Mac peered into the Navigation room and saw a corpse at the helm.

"Wha-" Applejack stopped in her speech as she saw what Big Mac saw. "Hey, how about we all get out of here?" she said quickly.

Button Mash leaped to his feet. "We gotta hit the button!" he suddenly said.

/EMERGENCY MEETING/

The five looked at each other, before running out of the area, heading towards cafeteria.

Ponies entered the cafeteria to the shouting's of Spoiled Rich. "She's the Imposter!" Spoiled shouted, pointing to a silently crying Celestia. They removed their helmets, giving them full vision as the helmets were tinted.

"EVERYONE SHUT UP AND CALM DOWN!" Rainbow Dash shouted into her microphone. After awhile of Spoiled screaming, she turned to the mare. "That means you too!" Rainbow Dash let out a sigh, before walking up and slapping Spoiled Rich.

The mare stayed silent for a second, before shaking her head. "Sorry." she said.

"Alright, why do you think..." Rainbow Dash paused. "Sorry, but what are either of your names?"

"That does not matter. She's one of those- those- those things!" Spoiled Rich proclaimed. "Singed had information on who the Imposter might have been, and now-!" Spoiled Rich stopped, unable to finish her sentence.

"What's happened to Singed!?" Rainbow Dash demanded.

Spoiled Rich pointed to the window. A pink figure could be seen floating outside.

Rainbow Dash turned to Celestia, who's head was still a dark pink from the blood of yesterday. "You have one chance to explain. Don't waste it."

"Tell me a lie." Celestia whispered.

"What?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Tell me a lie."

"...Alright. I have full memory of who I am." Rainbow Dash said.

BZZZ. The ring of Celestia's suit glow red, letting out a deep buzz. "Tell the truth."

"I'm a crewmate determined to keep everyone safe." DING. The collar glowed green.

"Now say something that would get you in trouble."

"I support Imposters killing the crew." DING. Rainbow Dash frowned.

"That conflicts itself." Twilight commented.

"We discovered that I had a lie detector. We tested it on random crewmates." Celestia said, no longer whispering but still in a sad tone. "It worked perfectly. We were excited, thought we could find all the Imposters. She gave me a cupcake. She wanted to give me a treat. I asked if it would kill me. She said it wouldn't. Then..." She wiped her tears away. "Then it made the buzz. She thought she was an Imposter and..." Celestia brought herself to look at the body, face hidden by the tinted helmet it had on. "She ejected herself."

"How? The lever's inside." Rainbow Dash questioned. She looked over at the chute, only to see a chair tied to the lever. "Oh. That's how." She turned to Celestia. "Name?"

"C L T." Celestia answered. "Celt."

Rainbow Dash nodded. "So while you have a lie detector, it's useless against finding the imposter."

Celestia nodded.

"Alright. Dism-"

"We found something!" Applejack shouted.

"What did you find?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well..." Applejack walked up to Rainbow Dash and whispered in her ear. "It's a bloody mess of new rooms."

Rainbow Dash took a step back. "Alright. C-Rick! C-Pick!" Carrot Cake and Cup Cake looked up. "I'm taking a group to go exploring new sections. Watch the children and make sure they DON'T wander off."

Helmets were put back on. Rainbow Dash picked a group of those she thought were the strongest, along with Twilight, before traversing towards Navigation. The others went about to continue to explore the safer parts.
*

Carrot Cake and Cup Cake watched to children watch the stars. Cup Cake silently cried. "We saved her from death, only..."

"There there, sis." Carrot Cake said, hugging his wife close. Carrot Cake felt Cup Cake lean into the hug, before feeling someone lean onto his left. He turned his head and saw Redheart leaning against him. Carrot Cake now realized he was uncomfortable with how he was sitting, but didn't want to move and disturb the troubled mares.