• Published 14th Nov 2020
  • 6,823 Views, 573 Comments

Two Nymphs, One Pony - CitreneSkys



While running errands, Fluttershy finds two abandoned nymphs deep within the Everfree Forest. She quickly decides to take them under her wing.

  • ...
12
 573
 6,823

Acting

“Thorax, you’ve been on the couch for the last two hours,” Pharynx commented, lighting his horn as he cleaned up the floor. “You sure you aren’t sick or something?”

Thorax stayed silently, curling deeper into the cushions. “...I’m fine...”

“Yeah, and you’ve said that every time I asked. I’m starting to think you aren’t,” Pharynx tapped his chin before letting out a small grown. “Scratch that. I know you aren’t.”

“Then...why are you asking...?”

“To hope I’m wrong and perhaps you would be okay...”

“Huh. How’s that going for you?” Pharynx flattened his ears as his brother’s monotoned voice replied. Clicking his hooves against the wooden floor, he climbed onto the green couch. With his fangs, he snagged Thorax by the ear and preceded to drag him off the couch.

Ow owowow let go that hurts!” Thorax hissed, ripping himself from Pharynx grasp. The crimson changeling rolled his eyes, stomping a hoof against the ground.

“Well, someone is in my spot,” Pharynx muttered, hopping back onto the couch. The younger nymph frowned, shaking his wings out as he glared at the smug crimson changeling.

“M’kay, I see how it is,” Thorax grumbled, rising onto his hollowed hooves. Pacing across the floor, Thorax curled up next to the door, sighing.

Frowning, Pharynx quietly watched his younger brother press up against the door. Sinking into the cushions, the crimson changeling pursed his lips. “Thorax get off the floor.”

His brother did budge, laying his head into his forehooves. His slumped body stayed so still that Pharynx had to convince himself that Thorax hadn’t just died on the spot. Then the younger nymph shuttered and sighed, looking back at the crimson changeling.

“...what are you going to do? Make me?”

“Don’t tempt me.”

Thorax stayed quiet for a little while, before snorting and giggling. Pharynx let out a relieved sigh as Thorax gave him a big smile. He was at least acting normal again, even if he felt something off about his emotions...

Shaking his head, the older nymph leapt from the comfy couch. His chitinous hooves clacked as he gracefully landed on the wooden surface. Pacing slowly, he brought himself closer towards his younger brother. “C’mon, get up.”

Thorax sighed, pushing himself onto his hooves. While he was stretching out his wings against his cyan carapace, Pharynx gave a rare, toothy grin.

Without much of a warning, the crimson nymph tackled his little brother onto the floor, playfully tugging at his ear. Thorax shrieked and laughed, trying to push the larger changeling off.

With buzzing wings, Pharynx allowed Thorax to get up, getting to a crouching stance. The younger nymph smiled, determined to try and beat his older brother.

Taking a similar stance, Thorax leapt for Pharynx, his black chitin colliding against his chest. Thrown off-balance, Pharynx fell onto his back, leaving the cyan nymph to laugh as he stood on crimson changeling’s belly scutes. He wasn’t heavy at all, but the older changeling let his younger brother bask in victory for a little while.

Key word, a little while.

It wasn’t long before Pharynx rolled his eyes and flipped the cyan changeling onto his carapace. Thorax whined as he playful pushed against his cheek, trying and failing to throw the weight of the older changeling off of him.

“This isn’t fair!” Thorax complained but kept a bright smile on his face. “You are still bigger than me!”

“Is that my fault?”

The cyan changeling stuck out his forked tongue. “Technically yes-

Pharynx let out an exasperated sighed, shaking his head. He laughed quietly, thinking back on the days in the hive. Oh, how torturous it used to be. Nevermind that every day was a potential bloodbath, but he’d have to protect Thorax on top of that!

But...looking down at the smaller changeling giggling and laughing, Pharynx couldn’t help but feel happy. His brother was safe from the others...him as well. No more having to worry if Thorax will suddenly not return from class one day or if had been wounded in any way.

The happiness was short-lived, however, as Thorax became quiet again. Pharynx shook his head, letting go of the younger changeling.

The cyan nymph sighed, his wings sagging across his back. He continued to smile towards him, but now the smile seemed fake and disingenuous.

It worried Pharynx much more than he’d like to admit.

As the two nymphs stared silently at each other a soft knocking could be heard against the door. Perking his ears, Pharynx turned his head towards the wooden entrance, knowing full well who was there. Even if it had been a week, Pharynx could recognize her scent pretty easily.

“Thorax? Pharynx? Can I come in?” She called, her soft voice muffled by the wooden door.

“Yeah...” Thorax mumbled, just loud enough for Fluttershy to hear. The winged mare slowly unlatched the door and pushed her way in, stopping when she saw both nymphs near the door.

“Are you two okay?” She asked in a concerned tone, looking over Thorax specifically. Pharynx didn’t blame her; Thorax was struggling way more than he was anyway...

“We’re fine!” The cyan changeling said quickly. Perhaps a little too quickly, as Fluttershy frowned. Still, she made the effort to look over both nymphs, much to Thorax’s dismay.

When she was satisfied, she smiled warmly at both of them. Her love poured off of her, and Pharynx silently started to passively feed on her emotions. No need to waste valuable food.

“Well...I will be gone next week, so I’m going to drop you off at Twilight’s house...is that okay?”

“...why?” Pharynx asked, skeptical about the situation.

“Twilight and I are going to meet with Princess Celestia, usually I would leave you two by yourself but...a week is a long time...” she smiled awkwardly. It reminded Pharynx of Thorax in a way, and he sighed.

“So...if you and your friend are going...then why are you giving us to her house...?”

“Spike will watch you!” She said, her voice cheery. “He’s a dragon, and he lives with Twilight. He already knows about you guys so...I thought it would be okay...”

Thorax froze, flattening his ears. Pharynx pressed his side towards Thorax, trying to calm him before he could panic again.

Fluttershy quickly caught on. “Oh, I wouldn’t worry about Spike. He just watching you guys...Twilight was the one who told him...but I think you guys will like him!”

Pharynx frowned. “But-“

“I-it’s fine!” Thorax piped up quickly, a nervous smile plastered on his face. His eyes were wide as anxious energy poured off of him like a waterfall, almost enough to make Pharynx suffocate.

Fluttershy hesitated, and by the looks of it knew something was wrong. Placing a hoof onto Thorax’s shoulder, she tried to comfort him. “Um...maybe I can cancel the thing-“

“No! You can go do whatever you planned...um...we’ll be fine...!” Thorax shakily insisted, buzzing his wings as he tried to reassure the uncertain pegasus. Pharynx rolled his eyes, opening his mouth to respond.

Pharynx, shut up,” Thorax hissed under his breath, his eyes narrowed. The older nymph tilted his head, snapping his mouth shut.

Did...did Thorax just snap at me? Pharynx wondered, bewildered by the very thought. He’s...never done that before...

The mare fluttered her wings underneath her saddlebag, looking at Thorax than to Pharynx. “Um...are you sure?” She asked, nervousness flooding her emotions. Thorax nodded, smiling up at her.

Pursing her lips, she left the two brothers alone. As she set down her bag near the couch, Thorax got up and followed her, leaving Pharynx sitting on the floor, confused.

Beneath that mask he hides his true feelings, Pharynx watched his brother smile up the winged mare. His grin was strained and his voice was quiet, and the older brother began worried even more now. He may be an actor...but he isn’t a good one...

Author's Note:

Nope. The brothers won’t be going on this trip.