• Published 22nd Sep 2020
  • 175 Views, 1 Comments

Cara's Collection of Curious Curios - Esalen



Collection of speedwrites from Quills and Sofa Speedwrites

  • ...
 1
 175

She was a Skater Boi (Panic!)

Author's Note:

Prompt was 'On Ice'. Placed third.

Apple Bloom took a cautious step forwards, ankles wiggling from side to side as she struggled to find her footing on the thin blades attached to her hooves.

“Here, lean on me.” Sweetie glided up next to her and offered her side to the struggling mare. Apple Bloom gratefully took it, still stumbling on the ice.

“I don’t know how you two are so good at this.” She lifted a hoof up then immediately put it back down as she lost her balance. Scootaloo zipped past them, wings buzzing furiously, then spun back and fell into place on Apple Bloom’s other side, sandwiching the yellow mare in between them.

“So, how’s it going?” Scootaloo asked with a smirk.

“You know darn well how it’s going, you speedster.” Apple Bloom looked down at hooves, trying to force them to push out like Sweetie had told her.

“Watch me.” Sweetie stepped away, then pushed off of her right side, balancing her weight over her left hooves. “You don’t need to lift your hooves up too much, just push them to the side with the tip pointing out then drag them back.”

“I’m trying!” Apple Bloom pushed out and slipped as her legs splayed out. “Ack!”

“I got you, babe, I got you.” Scootaloo hefted the earth pony up, assisted by the green glow of Sweetie Belle’s magic. Apple Bloom pecked the pegasus’s nose, then steadied herself, looking down at her hooves again.

“Alright, lemme try it on my own.”

Scootaloo stepped back, though still close enough that she could help her partner back up should she fall. Apple Bloom pointed her right hooves out, then pushed off into a shaky glide. Sweetie bit her lip. The yellow mare shakily brought her hooves back to underneath her, and let the momentum from her push send her across the ice.

“I did it!”

The pegasus and unicorn shot each other a look, then glided across the ice to their third.

“I did it, girls!” Apple Bloom raised a hoof, shaking a little as she did so, but managing to stay upright. Sweetie nuzzled the earth pony, then kissed her.

“You did great, hon.”