• Published 22nd Sep 2020
  • 174 Views, 1 Comments

Cara's Collection of Curious Curios - Esalen



Collection of speedwrites from Quills and Sofa Speedwrites

  • ...
 1
 174

Leg (Panic!)

Author's Note:

Prompt was 'Device(s)'. Placed second.

“What’s this?” Kerfuffle looked at the lump in the wagon curiously.

“Oh, just a little upgrade, dontcha know.” Torque pulled the sheet away, revealing a couple bits of metal and some screws. “Oh yippee, it just had to go and fall apart now, didn’t it.”

“But what is it?” Kerfuffle shifted, wincing as the joint in her wooden leg squeaked egregiously.

Torque shuddered. “It’s to fix that.” She jabbed at the offending appendage. “Been too long since ya came by for a tune up, and I figured ya should get something new.” She finished screwing the pieces of the leg together. “Fixed ya up something new. Newest tech from Canterlot, dontcha know.”

The prosthetic gleamed in the warm afternoon light, the shiny gray accented with a copper trim, and an elastic strap hung from the top of it.

“Carbon fiber, supposed ta be super strong, and with the modifications I made inside it shouldn’t seize up too-oomph!”

Kerfuffle wrapped the earth pony in a tight hug. “Thanks, Torque. I don’t know what I would have done without ya.” She gave the mechanic a quick peck on the cheek. “Consider that a thank ya for all these years.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment