• Published 20th Sep 2020
  • 892 Views, 46 Comments

Season 10: Dawn of a new generation of Harmony - xombiekilla



After the end of Season 9, the future was revealed and the show came to a close. But is this really how everything ends?

  • ...
 46
 892

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter twenty-six: Farewell Crystal Empire

After staying the night at The Crystal Empire and saving it from both Yami's Tainted and a vengeful Chrysalis, Hero and his friends have prepared to return to Canterlot to check up on Spike. "Man, last night was great. I never knew how much fun you could have with a queen of love, but she knows how to dance."

"Well, that can be attributed to her many championship trophies in freestyle dancing that she won before she became a queen," Twilight explained with glee at the fond memories.

"So, I guess it feels liberating to dance, huh?"

"Absolutely. Without a care as to what others think about you. Just you at that moment, letting others see you like yourself, Hero."

"That sounds nice, I guess. That party was great, though. So, how do you think Spike's holding up?"

"I think he's fine. He's got help, you know. But I have to keep tabs and check on him. It's a big responsibility to be running an entire country, in essence. Even with help, it's always a good idea to check up, not just because it's my responsibility as Equestria's ruler, but also because I care about him." Twilight stated as everyone boarded the train back to Canterlot. Flurry Heart, King Shining, and Queen Cadence were waving their goodbyes to the team.


"So then, how're you feeling, Applejack?" Twilight looked at her friend in concern.

"I'll live. You know I'm tougher than that; I'm an apple. My head still feels like it's been racing a hundred miles per minute. How bad did I get knocked out?"

"Well, it was instant; it happened so fast," Twilight replied.

"You should have seen Hero, Applejack. He was awesome. Those two brutes didn't even stand a chance against whatever he just did." Rainbow said as she was relieved to see Applejack recovering nicely.

"That's nice to hear. I'm just happy to hear that everything is okay." Applejack then sat up and leaned up against Twilight for more support.

"Hero. You'll have to do at least one class and then your main lesson. Don't forget about that." Starlight looked towards Hero, who nodded in reply.

"Don't worry, Starlight. I won't. Hey Fluttershy. My first lesson is with you."

"Oh? Is it? Why, that's very nice. I'll always be happy to help you grow and improve in friendship." Fluttershy told Hero, her gentle and calm demeanor filling their train car.

"So after my lesson, I'll have to send a letter of progress to Starlight. Then I guess I continue on my journey through Equestria." Twilight heard this and then looked towards Starlight.

"So, you're mentoring Hero as your student, eh? I'm so proud of you, Starlight." Twilight then saw Starlight's blush and then her warm smile.

"Well, I've said this many times and will repeat it. I've had a good teacher."

"Aww.. thanks, Starlight. I just did what any good friend and leader had to do. Once I discovered what happened to you that time, I knew that you had potential, and you deserved to have real friends like anypony else."

"Yeah. Twilight. I can see why you made this decision, and I can't thank you enough. The feeling of abandonment bites. I can relate to anybody else who feels like that." The train then soon arrived at Canterlot as everyone departed towards the castle.


"So then, Tia and I shall retire at the castle like old times." Luna trotted out from the train car happily.

"It is a feeling of nostalgia, I will admit, Luna. And for now, you are coming back with us, Twilight?"

"Yup. I have to keep tabs on everything and check on Gallus. He's probably running himself silly right now." Twilight, Celestia, and Luna were returning to the castle for the time being while Hero, Starlight, and her friends went to the station to Ponyville Central.


"Is something on your mind, Hero?" Starlight saw Hero sitting by himself away from everyone else; knowing something was wrong, she decided to console him. If something bothers you, you can confide in me, right?"

"Yeah. I know. I'm just conflicted right now. What do I do about this crystal in my chest? What will it do to me, Starlight? Cause it feels like something is happening to me, though I have no idea what that is."

"Well, worst-case scenario, something does happen; we'll all be here as your friends. You know that."

"I know that, and I'm always grateful for you guys. But... what if I become like one of those Tainted? I don't want to hurt you guys."

"Hero, I respectfully remind you that your heart must remain strong. I know this can't be very easy for you. But as your new teacher, it's my job to keep you in line and strong. I know I might sound a bit... irritating-"

"That's not exactly the word I would use."

"Oh? So which word would you choose then?"

"Concerned, not irritating. My job isn't easy, but I have to do it. I have too much to lose if I don't. Not just my heart, but my friends and Equestria as well."

"Then, why are you sulking here by yourself, Hero? Beating yourself up doesn't make things any better for you."

"Yeah. You're right, Starlight. I have to keep my spirits up. It's just that other ponies, especially Pinkie, all make it look so easy to do. But it's a completely different experience for me when I try it. Why is that?"

"It's because you're allowing yourself to feel broken and sad, and it's not befitting for the Hero I know and love as a friend. I know you're better than that, Hero. You're a strong, noble, and incredible pony that has saved Equestria multiple times. I am proud of you and how much you've grown as an element of harmony. At the very least, feel good about that, Hero. Always remember that true friendship conquers all darkness."

"Yeah. It does. Thanks for the chat, Starlight. It means more to me than you might think."

"Well, that's what friends are for, Hero. That's my job to keep you up when you're down and at your lowest." Starlight then hugged Hero to help console him, "I have a good feeling about you, Hero. You're an extraordinary stallion who will do great things for Equestria."

"Y-Yeah. I will. And whatever happens to me, good or bad, if I ever do slip into darkness. Promise me that you'll be there to help pull me back out."

"Do you even have to ask a question like that? Of course, I would pull you back out of there. Darkness is cold, lonely, and painful. You do not deserve to be trapped there. I know how it feels to have darkness in my heart. If you remember, I wasn't the nicest when Twilight first met me. I was lost and unable to see that I was hurting myself and those around me."

"Really? Were you seriously that bad? I don't think you told me in major detail about your past, have you?"

"It's not exactly something I enjoy bringing up for personal reasons."

"Then I won't ask about it, okay?'

"No, Hero. You misunderstand me; I'm normally uncomfortable about this in the abstract. But to build a foundation of trust, being open is needed. So I'm telling you that I made huge mistakes in my life. I was so misguided from my life and scarred by the loneliness that I even wanted revenge on Twilight, not considering the risks to time itself; my rage towards her was so much that I didn't care at that time."

"Jeez. That doesn't sound good. How did you make it out of that and become friends with her?"

"Twilight managed to finally get through to me after I showed her what made me hate her so much and why I was so scorned. She then decided to reform me instead of punishing me. A true friendship made me see that I was wrong and had to change for the better."

"Well, I'm glad you saw the light when you did. Just imagine it if you never did, huh, Starlight? Wouldn't that be the worst?"

"Heh. Yeah. I imagine how my life would have ended if I had kept going down that horrible and destructive path." Their trip was nearing its end as they arrived at Ponyville Central. The train stopped at the station to let the passengers off. "Hey, we're back home. So then, Hero. You'll get ready for your lesson while there's still time left in your day. I'll be ready to see you at the Castle of Friendship."

"So see you first, then see Fluttershy. right?"

"You remembered. Good. We must get you to strengthen your friendship and heart bonds, too."

"You got it, Starlight!" Hero then gave a confident pose to her to make her giggle.


Once Hero had arrived at the castle, he waited for Starlight to show up so they could meet as agreed. Very soon after, Hero sat down at the steps of the marble and quartz entrance, minutes even, and Starlight had arrived. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Hero; I had to tell Trixie to expect you after I chat with you."

"Said chat being our lesson, right?"

"Yes, Hero. Okay. My lessons will be more friendship-building-related than actual teaching. Before Trixie became the Headmistress of the academy, I was the Headmistress, and she was its counselor. Before that, I was the original counselor that Twilight had appointed when she was the Headmistress." Starlight explained as they both progressed through the castle.

"Wow... so there's some progress made over the years, huh?"

"Mhmm. So, whenever we talk about your lessons, try not to think about them as lessons and more as therapeutic sessions. The key to connecting friendships is establishing trust in any relationship. I need to understand you just as much as you would me."

"Okay then. It seems fair enough. Would any of these lessons also involve keeping track of this ugly black crystal in my chest, the whereabouts of that Chrysalis mare, and possible solutions we can take to defend Equestria by any chance?"

"Ehh... a little bit here and there. Those kinds of plans are something we should honestly discuss when the whole team is assembled with Twilight."

"Righto. So do we talk about reading anything? Cause I gotta be honest with you, Starlight, reading is not my thing."

"Some lessons will require that we read together, yes."

"Well... fine. Only because all of Equestria hangs in the balance; if this were any other situation, I would sound dramatic."

"Well, I can't argue that point, Hero. We'll go to my office and begin our first friendship-building lesson." Starlight and Hero then reached the entrance to her office. As they both stepped in, the double doors closed.


In the vast harbors of Klugetown, two robed figures were standing at the cusp of the city's walls with a view that overshadowed the rest of the town; the hooded figure on the right and the hooded figure on the left were standing as both were bipedal creatures.

"So then, this place looks familiar to you? You used to have all the control here before you usurped other cities. Isn't that right?"

"I used to be this city's ruler. Why do you ask me this question?"

"I figured I could pull a few strings to get that princess's attention. I wonder, how good are you at handling reunions?"

"So that incessant mare had finally become a tyrant like me? Yet, she slaughtered me along with that traitor. Why exactly did you bring her into this organization?" The hooded figure was gingerly stroking his white beard under his hood as he addressed Yami.

"Tempest has proficient skills in leadership and maintaining order. She is also just as gifted as everyone else here. Keep this in mind."

"She only joined because you gave her that stupid horn. Seeing that troubled look on her face was funny when I gave her the brush off instead."

"I'll be sure to prepare a Tainted monster to serve you well. Do not forget you will not fight them; let the Tainted handle Hero. You will report to me your findings on his progress."

"Yes, sure. I remember the master plan. Just leave this to me, Lord Yami."

PreviousChapters Next