• Published 20th Sep 2020
  • 899 Views, 46 Comments

Season 10: Dawn of a new generation of Harmony - xombiekilla



After the end of Season 9, the future was revealed and the show came to a close. But is this really how everything ends?

  • ...
 46
 899

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter twenty-two: Welcome to the Crystal Empire.

"This might taste a bit bitter, but here's hoping that it'll help you," Meadowbrook said as she applied the medicine and stirred it with her herbal tea leaves and hot water to make her healing elixir. She gave three cups out, one to each of the three ponies stricken with fright.

"T-Thank you," Luna said as she gingerly sipped her beverage. Celestia and Rainbow were also drinking down their medicine.

"Y-Yeah. Thanks a lot, Meadow. This feels a lot better." Rainbow said to Meadowbrook.

"Indeed, Meadowbrook. My appreciation to you." Celestia said as she reached over to hug her little sister. "It's okay, Luna. I got you. We'll all be okay."

"Yes, Tia. I believe we shall be for now. That wicked pony. I cannot believe she's back and out to cause more trouble for Equestria." Luna finished her tea. Celestia was taking her last few gulps herself. "How many times must we teach these villains the same lesson, guys?"

"I grow weary of their persistence, too, Luna. But they can try to fight us; they'll never win."

"Yeah. I agree with Celestia on this. We got both Hero and our awesome friendship. What do they have that can be better than that?"

"Indeed, fair Rainbow. I do agree, as well. So, we've managed to sweep this whole place, then? Is this so, Starswirl?"

"As far as I can tell, Luna. I've checked everywhere with my group. We fought a few of those Tainted, but nothing we couldn't handle." Starswirl concluded as he and his group had finished their sweep just as Twilight's had finished theirs.

"This is good news; the academy is cleared of those vile things," Luna stated with glee as she appreciated her hug from her sister to console her.

"Well then, that's my cue to reopen this school, officially. Hero, would you do the honors of cutting the string to make it official?" Starlight asked Hero.

"Sweet. I'll go for it." Hero said back to Starlight in earnest.

"Great. Then I'll be sure to let everyone in Ponyville know that the Academy is opening back up again."


Starlight, Hero, and Company then spread the news that the Friendship Academy was opening back up. Once everyone was alerted and invited, a gigantic crowd of ponies and creatures gathered at the front gate, excitedly chatting. "Every pony and creature. It brings me great esteemed joy to announce that the School of Friendship is back and open to the public. My friend Hero here shall do the honors of cutting the string to open the doors."

"Right. Here we go." Hero used his magic to raise the giant pair of scissors to cut the big string that bound the doors closed. Once cut, the crowd was cheering with jubilation.

"Thank you, Hero, for doing your part to preserve the magic of friendship. We will always recognize your contribution." Starlight then pushed open the doors so that everyone could walk in.


Cozy Glow was in the distance, far away from the Academy, near the castle, as a pillar of darkness formed next to her; two figures then came forth, "Oh man, Mister Yami. I'm so very sorry for failing you. That monster was supposed to defeat them."

"Never you mind that, Cozy, my dear. This is everything I had wanted to happen."

"Huh? Having them beat your Tainted was a part of your plan?"

"Yes. This shows me that Hero is getting stronger. I have brought with me a special colleague. He chooses to remain anonymous, but he and I often plan together. Consider him as an... unofficial member of our cause."

"Howdy do?" The mystery figure greeted Cozy in a very goofy tone.

"Yes... hi. Master Yami, sir. Why is he a part of our cause exactly? He doesn't come off to me as intimidating."

"What? Not intimidating?! Missy! I'll have you know that I am capable of being plenty intimidating. When it suits me to do so."

"Do not allow his.. outward demeanor to fool you. He's capable of much power, the power that I deem to be very useful."

"I'm sure.. appearances can be deceiving. Well, golly, mister. It's great to meet you."

"It's great to meet you too, Cozy. Your reputation proceeds you." The mystery man then shook hooves with Cozy to greet her in return.

"So then, you came here to gather me for something?" Cozy then focused her attention on Yami as he nodded.

"Yes. Hero and his new friends will be going from place to place. And I have other vessels that will monitor his progression to darkness."

"Yeah. I saw his little outburst when that Tainted was defeated. So does this mean that his heart is getting closer to our clutches?"

"Indeed it does, Cozy. They do not realize this, but his conversion to darkness has already begun."

"Oh, goody. That's excellent news for our plan, Master Yami." Cozy then walked alongside Yami and their new friend as they walked back through the pillar of darkness that was made to transport them back into it as they vanished.


Hero was then in Trixie's office with Starlight. "So, I gotta continue through school, don't I?"

"Well, Hero. Would you like me to be honest or nice to you?" Starlight gave Hero a stoic look on her face.

"I would prefer both, but I don't think that'll be possible."

"It could be. I think you do have the potential to be an advocate for friendship. But we all did see you in a blind fit of rage. This is not behavior befitting of an Element of Harmony, Hero."

"Look. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, but I couldn't control myself. It was so weird. It felt like some inner fury was controlling me at that moment. This isn't anything too serious, is it?"

"It can be serious, Hero. You are strong; that much is evident. But you need to be mentored to the right way of friendship, so this doesn't happen again."

"Well, I am supposed to be on a journey of enlightenment. So, what are you planning to do then?"

"I'm thinking about making you my student, just like Twilight had once done for me. She never gave up on me when I tried to ruin our friendship, not once but twice. In my petty endeavors of vengeance, I nearly doomed Equestria. I was misguided, but I embraced friendship, which changed my life."

"Yeah. I'll do this with you, Starlight. I'll be happy to."

"That's such good news. I was afraid that I needed to convince you more."

"Well, you didn't have to. So what's first, teach?" Hero bore a smug look while keeping a sly grin on his face.

"First of all, call me Starlight. Secondly, Trixie will monitor your classes while I give you your main lessons."

"Trixie shall be more than happy to accommodate Hero's class schedule," Trixie said as she looked to Starlight.

"Thank you, Trixie. Do you have any questions so far, Hero?"

"I do have one."

"I'm listening," Starlight said as she looked towards Hero for his question.

"How long do you think you'll need to train me in friendship?"

"Honestly, Hero. That depends on you, not me, nor anybody else. Are you sure you're ready for this, Hero? Twilight was strict but fair with me; this was why I turned out for the best."

"Y-Yeah. I'm ready, Starlight. I'm ready for my first lesson."

"Excellent. Your first lesson will be with me. I'll prepare you for the rest of your lessons on friendship in the first week. After each school day, I'd like daily friendship reports of your progress."

"Of course. Anything else I need to know before we begin?"

"Nothing much. Your teacher for your first class after my lesson will be Fluttershy. She'll teach you how to show mercy; this is important as you cannot let your emotions get out of control. It would help if you kept them in check, Hero. Not doing so can make you vulnerable to darkness."

"Okay. So what will I have to do right now?"

"Right now. Twilight just received a letter from the Crystal Empire. Cadence has invited her and all her friends to come over. This means you as well."

"You think that the Tainted are there, too?"

"I'm pretty sure, Hero. We'll need you to lend your aid to help us."

"You can count on me to help." Hero pounded his chest with his hoof in pride as he showed he was ready.

"Thank you, Hero. When we return, you'll begin your first lesson in friendship. But please, I beg you to keep your emotions in check while you're there, Hero."

"Don't worry about it. I will, Starlight."

"I'm counting on you, Hero. Don't let me down."

"I won't." The meeting was adjourned as both Starlight and Hero left Trixie's office.


"So this place is the Crystal Empire, eh? Looks uh.. very shiny." Grubber said as he and Chrysalis strode through the town square of the Crystal Empire.

"Do not draw any attention to yourself, Grubber. And do not foil my disguise."

"No way will I do that. So you'll make your move after I cause a good enough distraction?"

"Yes. Once you do that, all their attention will be focused on you while I gain the necessary power I need."

"Yup. With The Tainted on my side, that'll be all too easy. Though I must admit, this Cadence lady knows how to make her kingdom look nice."

"Never mind that, Grubber. Do not forget your part in this."

"Just cue me in when you're ready to move, your highness."


"So then, we go back to Twilight with everyone while Trixie gets everything organized?"

"We'll be staying here to rest after that fight we just had at the academy," Smolder said as Sandbar, Ocellus, Yona, and Silverstream all nodded in agreement.

"Yes, Hero. Oh, and please enjoy your break then, guys. We'll be back tomorrow." Starlight then went with Hero as they regrouped with their friends and then with Twilight.

"So, everybody's here, right?" Twilight asked as she did a roll call of everyone that was invited.

"Yes." All the Mane 6, plus Starlight and Hero, have said together.

"We're here as well, Twilight," Celestia said as she gestured to Luna, who nodded in affirmation. Then, they all went to board the Ponyville Train to The Crystal Empire.


Woah! So that's The Crystal Empire? Well, it looks like a giant crystal, that's for sure." Hero was amazed as he gawked at its architecture. It looked a bit like Friendship Castle, but bigger and way wider, with a sprawling garden and civilization. The structure was very circular in appearance. The train was nearing its destination; everyone but Hero looked on in a neutral response.

"It looks great, doesn't it?" Twilight asked Hero, who nodded.

"Yeah, it does. How? How does this place survive in the middle of a blizzard?" Hero looked on in astonishment.

"That honor goes to the safeguarded relic of that kingdom: The Crystal Heart. It's the source of the city's protection and its main source of love to keep the citizens safe. So long as they hold love dear, they'll forever remain strong. Cadence has done a magnificent job of upholding those scruples. So, too, has my big brother. Both of them you'll be meeting today, Hero."

"Sounds exciting. So long as there's no trouble there, this'll be a peaceful trip."

"Um. Maybe jinxing our trip might not be the brightest idea, Hero." Starlight spoke up.

"Oh, right. Oopsie. Sorry about that, guys. Well, if trouble does show up, we got it." Hero said with enthusiasm, tapping his forehoof over his chest confidently.

"Well, remember to be on your best behavior, Hero. Cadence will be expecting us very soon."

"Right, Star. I got you. I'll behave." Hero said with a roll of his eyes. They soon arrived at the station to board off to the Crystal Empire, ready to meet with Princess Cadence.

PreviousChapters Next