• Published 20th Sep 2020
  • 894 Views, 46 Comments

Season 10: Dawn of a new generation of Harmony - xombiekilla



After the end of Season 9, the future was revealed and the show came to a close. But is this really how everything ends?

  • ...
 46
 894

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter fourteen: Meeting the princess, assembly of the alicorns.

"Yeah. It's nice to meet you too, Princess." Hero said as he bowed in respect to her.

"Please. Just call me Twilight. Formalities aren't essential." Twilight said as she lowered down the drawbridge to let the party in. "Right this way, everyone. Hero, you'll be in for quite a treat today."

"How so?"

"How would you feel about meeting both Celestia and Luna?" Hero nearly jerked his head back in mild surprise.

"The other princesses of Equestria, too?"

"Well... they're technically not princesses anymore since they've bequeathed that title to me. But they're still here to come to the aid of Equestria."


As they entered the Great Hall, the two former princesses were already waiting for everybody. The Captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard then bowed as he was introduced to Hero. "Hey there. Name's Gallus. Ocellus was writing to me about a new friend she'd recently met. I guess that friend was you."

"Yeah. Everyone is happy to see me, it seems. Which is nice, don't get me wrong." Gallus then opened the door into the Great Hall as Celestia, Luna, and Spike all saw Twilight and her friends coming in.

"Twilight, you're back. So, was there any trouble outside?" Spike asked Twilight.

"Yes, there was. My friends were fighting Grubber. Chrysalis broke him out of prison, and he's working with her."

"Oh great, more bad news. You know what, at this point, should we even be surprised anymore?" Luna asked Twilight.

"That would depend on what you consider more bad news. Grubber isn't exactly that much of a threat, not in the abstract. He isn't."

"He used me as a bargaining chip for peace negotiation and almost sent me to Chrysalis. Had you not stepped in when you did, there's no telling what that witch would have done to me." Starlight slightly shuddered, having to recall that.

"Well, yes, he did do that. Okay, fine, maybe it's best not to underestimate him." Then Spike approached Hero when he came into view.

"So you're Hero, eh? Nice to meet you!" Spike brought his hand out to shake Hero's hoof, which he had accepted.

"Same. So those were the princesses? I can't believe it. I'm meeting the original princesses of Equestria." Both princesses then saw Hero as they approached him to greet him.

"It's very nice to make your acquaintance. I'm Celestia, and this is my sister, Luna." Celestia did a bow as Luna then looked at him.

"Tis a pleasure to meet you, Hero. I'm Luna. So, Twilight, what will we do about whatever's going on? We all need to come up with a plan."

"I agree, Luna. So Twilight, what are we going to do now?"

"Well, I forgot to ask Starswirl about the threat we're facing." Hero then stepped up to speak.

"They're called The Tainted. That's what Starswirl told me."

"I see, so that's what they're called? Tainted. Sounds bad."

"They're bad, Twilight. They can steal the hearts of anypony or creature that gives in to their influence or gets felled by them. Then, they use those hearts they steal from others to make themselves even stronger."

"Oh, dear. That's just terrible. We have to do something about those creatures. Do you know where they came from by any chance?" Twilight asked as she heard the news about them.

"Unfortunately, no. But I saw a robed figure before my home was destroyed. I know he has something to do with this."

"Robed figure? That's the one from my dream before I was summoned here." Celestia recalled.

"But who is this guy, and why is he doing this?" Twilight pondered to herself. "Well, regardless, we still need to be ready for whatever will come."

"Agreed, Twilight," Luna spoke in agreement, as our next objective was to plan for a defense strategy.

"Hey, guys?"

"Yes, Hero?" Twilight said, eager to hear what he had to say.

"What about my training with Starswirl? I still have to get back to Ponyville to complete it."

"So you were the chosen apprentice that Starswirl had mentioned he was looking for before he left our meeting. Given our current situation, he'll gladly give you a free pass."

"I sure hope so. I promised him that I wouldn't let him down."

"And that's a very noble and dependable attitude. I understand your concerns as I once feared letting down one of the greatest idols I've ever had and known since long before I became an alicorn."

"You're kidding? I thought you were born as an alicorn." Twilight giggled.

"No, silly. I was christened into alicornhood. Celestia had ascended me when she felt I was ready to take up the mantle of a princess."

"It's true. And I couldn't be more proud of her. Managing all of Equestria, all by herself." Spike then cleared his throat to include him, too. "And you as well, Spike."

"I guess I should report back to Starswirl, huh?"

"Well... now that you're here and all, why not stay the night at the castle? I'll prep a guest room for you to stay in, Hero."

"But I already have a home."

"I insist. Consider it my way of saying thanks for doing your best to save my friend Starlight. Tomorrow, you can visit Starswirl, alright?"

"Okay, sure. And thanks for your hospitality."

"It's no problem at all. And if you need anything from us, anything at all, don't hesitate to ask."

"So, did Starswirl tell you what happened to Harmony Hollow Village? M-My home?" Twilight had a sullen look adorning her face as she consoled Hero.

"Yes. Celestia and Luna, you have no doubt felt the light of the Tree of Harmony diminishing, right?"

"We have, Twilight. Both Luna and I," Celestia replied.

"You have been through quite a lot, Hero. So tell us what happened. From the very beginning, we may be able to find out who this mystery man is."

"Well, I'm just as confused as you guys are. All I know is that I was brought into this mess; I never asked for any of this. My home, family, and everyone I knew and grew up around; the darkness consumed even the chief. The dream I was given wasn't by chance; I'm the next element of harmony right before the tree's death."

"I can't tell if this is still just some horrible nightmare I can't wake up from. And now I discover that the black crystal that guy put in my chest to curse me was how The Tainted were tracking me all this time." Hero said as she showed the black, pulsing scar on his chest to the Princess and alicorns.

"That's.. that's just horrible. My Faust and you suspect this guy is the culprit?"

"Yeah. I feel it in my heart; he's responsible for this."

"I believe you, Hero. From what I gather, harmony magic seems to be his weakness. Why else would that have been his first target? He's choosing his moves wisely, it seems. But what is his end goal in all of this?" Twilight was pondering.

"I have no idea, Twilight. Maybe Celestia might know. Do you?" Hero looked over at her as she sighed.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, Hero. But no, I'm afraid that I do not."

"Well, maybe we'll find out what to do after I've seen Starswirl. Maybe we can all come up with a stable plan together."

"I couldn't agree more. So then, it's about to get dark soon, so everypony and creature can stay here tonight!" Everyone has a look of relief wash over their faces.

"Yeah. After fighting them Tainted creatures, I guess a stop here for the night isn't too bad."

"Then, I'll prepare the Dining Hall for everybody. Please relax and enjoy!" Every pony and creature followed Twilight out of the meeting room and into the dining hall for dinner.


"I can't believe this, you incompetent moron!" Chrysalis stamped her hoof angrily as she glared at Grubber, who, in all honestly, just stood there, paralyzed in fear at the queen's ire. "You were given a straightforward task: sabotage Canterlot Castle's security and destroy Ponyville. But I suppose that was too difficult for you to do, right?"

"I had that Starlight lady in my grasp, and I was going to gift wrap her for you, but it was that annoying Twilight Sparkle. She stopped me from nearly getting her to you. Had it not been for her interference, I would have at least succeeded at that, Your Highness."

"Quiet! I don't want to hear any more excuses from you. Since you've managed to breach their defenses, I may be willing to give you one more chance to redeem yourself." Chrysalis summoned a swirling magic ball that revealed an image of a land full of bustling creatures of all sight.

"From here, there's a special chest that I'm looking for, a black-colored box. I don't know its exact location, but I do know its general location. I'll have you go over there to take it. It's in Hippogriff Capital. Bring that chest back to me, and don't you dare fail me again, Grubber!"

"Yes, Your Highness!" He saluted as he departed from the cave they were occupying.


"Man, dinner was awesome. Those chefs know what they're doing. This is what you eat every day, Twilight?" Hero asked her, astonished at the excellent quality of the cuisine offered here.

"Mhm. I do. I got used to it, I confess. Sure, being the Princess of all of Equestria is very cumbersome on the body and mind, but a girl like myself has to take advantage of some of the fringe benefits of the position, you know?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't you be in this place? This castle is incredible."

"Well, I'm glad you feel that way. It's about time to rest up soon. But I'd like a quick talk with you before that, Hero."

"Sure, not a problem." Hero said as everyone else bid their goodnights to everyone, each heading into their guest room.

"So then, what did you want to talk about?"

"I want to know more about you in particular. You mentioned that you're an element of harmony, right?"

"Yes?"

"Which one, if I may ask?"

"Courage."

"Fascinating. So, in its last moments, the tree must have chosen you for your courageous heart. It knew that you'd be right for the position. It's true; the tree never makes any mistakes, only judgments."

"Right, both the chief and Starswirl have told me that. But I never asked for this. The tree never asked me if I'd be okay with this."

"I know it must be tough, especially with that curse in your chest. But you must understand that the tree's actions were for Equestria's better interest. I'm still one of the most important elements of harmony: magic itself. But courage is something else, entirely."

"Yeah. I was told that by someone named Mistmane. She taught me how to use healing magic."

"You know, healing magic isn't novice level. It's bordering on an intermediate level, above apprentice. That's not too shabby for a unicorn wet behind the ears."

"Yeah. Thanks, I guess."

"I noticed your weapon in your hooves when I confronted Grubber to rescue Starlight. I'd recognize that blade anywhere. I saw it a few times before with Starswirl. The blade of harmony."

"Yeah, but it only comes out when I'm either with them or in danger."

"As it was designed to do. According to Starswirl, that blade was made using harmony magic to be tethered to an element that would hopefully be right for the weapon. It was up to the tree's jurisdiction to choose the right host for the weapon, and it chose you, Hero."

"Yeah. Lucky me, huh? I'm feeling a bit tired. Thanks for getting to know me a bit better, I guess. I'll do whatever I can for Equestria. I promise."

"Thank you, Hero. That means a lot to me! And we'll all be here for you as your new friends. Good night, Hero."

"Good night, Twilight." Hero bid farewell as he went to his designated guest room to sleep.

PreviousChapters Next