• Published 20th Sep 2020
  • 892 Views, 46 Comments

Season 10: Dawn of a new generation of Harmony - xombiekilla



After the end of Season 9, the future was revealed and the show came to a close. But is this really how everything ends?

  • ...
 46
 892

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter twelve: Assembly of harmony, planning departure to Canterlot

"The first thing we should do is gather the other elements together. Then we can make our way to Canterlot." Starlight said to Hero as she signaled to summon everyone to the castle. "There. Now everyone should be here, excluding who's already at Canterlot."

"Alright then. We'll wait for everybody; I guess both Luster and Sunburst have their tasks right now." It wasn't that long until every element in Ponyville had arrived. The first one to barge open the door was Pinkie.

"I was told that I'd meet a new friend here. Starlight better cough up the goods!" Rarity just sighed at Pinkie's usual hyper attitude.

"Pinkie darling. I'm rather surprised that, being at your current age, you're not at least somewhat mellow by now."

"Sorry, Rarity. But not when there's the possibility of making a new friend. I'll have to plan for the party, of course-"

"Um, Pinks. Why don't we first try to see what Starlight had summoned us for?" Rainbow spoke up.

"Um.. right. That's why I came here. Of course." Pinkie had shared a nervous giggle and a blush as she walked with everybody else to the meeting hall of the castle.

"So guys, isn't it great that we're all here together again? I've been too busy as a school counselor for the academy. That tends to be kinda exhausting, you know?" A rather cheery reply came from a hippogriff who was probably one of the most optimistic of the younger bunch.

"Yeah, totally, Silv. So I wonder what Starlight wants from us, too?" Asked the earth pony of their group.

"Wait until you guys meet Hero. I'm excited to see friends making more friends." Ocellus piped up happily. They all made it to the meeting hall doors. Pinkie was the first to open them up and let everyone else in. She did a little happy skit to her step as she followed behind everyone to close the door.

"Alright then, every creature, thank you so much for coming. I've got both good news and bad. At the same time, some of you have already been made aware of our current situation. This meeting is for you for those who haven't been informed." Hero then came around the round table to see everybody; this got Pinkie's attention.

"There you are! You were at Sugarcube Corner twice! Of course, I wasn't there the first time, but I was too busy to see you the second time, so here we are. It's super-duper nice to meet you, Hero, finally." Pinkie said as she shook his hooves in greeting, shaking his body in the process.

"Y-Yeah. It's nice to meet y-you too, Pinkie." Hero said as he was being shaken up.

"Hey there, Pinkie. You plan on showing Hero a bit of mercy at some point?" Smolder spoke up, chuckling at the affectionate display.

"Right. Sorry, Hero. I get a bit too excited whenever I make a new friend." Pinkie said with a blush as she backed off.

"No, no, it's fine. I'm not worried about it. Making new friends is always nice."

"So you're Hero, huh? It's so nice to meet you. I'm Silverstream." The hippogriff offered her right hand in greeting. He shook it with his left hoof in kind.

"Yeah, It's nice to see everybody here, too."

"Nice to meet you, dude. My name's Sandbar." The only earth pony from the bunch had said, introducing himself to Hero.

"Alright then, now that everyone has met everyone, save for Gallus. We can begin this meeting. We're all summoned over to Canterlot by Twilight. The bad news, and I'm not going to lie to anyone, is we're all in a lot of trouble here. Friendship Academy was recently attacked by a race of dark shadows known to us as The Tainted, for those who aren't yet aware. I'm afraid I do not know what their purpose here is. But they're dangerous; that's all the incentive we need to treat them with extreme caution."

"Yona remembers them all right. I'm angry that one of them nearly did me in." Ocellus came up to hug Yona.

"I'm sorry that happened to you, Yona. The good news is that you're okay."

"Yeah. Yona can agree to that. Yona's not leaving her friends behind like that."

"The good news is that we're all made aware and are together. We all have a job to do in groups from now forward. We all have to work together and exercise the true magic of Friendship that Twilight would have normally done if she were here. Especially during these dark times." Everyone voiced their agreement and cheered.

"That's what I want to hear, sugarcube. Those rotten varmints have gotta go; Equestria is our home, not theirs!" Applejack then adjusted her stetson, satisfied by her words and the encouragement that followed it.

"Here, here, everyone! So, Starlight darling, what will you have of us then?"

"Yona, Rainbow, and Pinkie will be the first group. Your job is to make sure that our morale is kept to a high standard. Fluttershy, Ocellus, and Rarity will be in charge of most of the first aid for everyone. Hero, Smolder, and Applejack are the aggressive ones. Your job is to keep everyone safe as best as possible.

"Aww, yeah! I get to burn some Tainted butt. I'm down for it."

"Hoo wee. I get to show them varmints some real southern hospitality."

"Silverstream, Sandbar, and I will keep up provisions and stock to prepare us for anything those creatures have to throw at us."

"Man, If Twilight were here to see you right now, she'd be all flustered with pride at your take on leadership. I'm confident on that, Starlight."

"Thanks, Rainbow. That means a lot coming from you. Now that we're briefed let's begin on our way to Canterlot!" The doors had opened up to reveal a distressed Cheese Sandwich.

"Guys! Big trouble outside. All these strange creatures have appeared, and none have brought party favors." Pinkie gasped at hearing that.

"No party favors?! Those fiends. Let's go get them!" Pinkie declared as she bounced with more purpose to the meeting room door, eager to leave with everyone.

"My time to shine, everyone," Smolder said as she puffed her chest out and approached Pinkie.

"Well, Hero. It looks like we'll all be seeing how you handle them varmints in a scuffle."

"Right, yeah. I got this!" Hero said as everyone headed out to confront the Tainted.


As everyone made their way to Town Square, they saw them surrounding the Town Hall; they were trying to vandalize the structure and destroy it with ponies still in it. "Hey, you! Do you guys want to pick a fight? Then do it with someone who can fight back!" Hero said as the group of Tainted Pawns looked at him, Applejack and Smolder, as Hero readied his blade of harmony.

"That's right! We're more than a match for you, freaks!" Smolder said as she blew a plume of purple fire breath at one of them, igniting it and causing it to run around and bat at the flames on its body. Applejack used her lasso to wrap up a few of them and then pick them up, slamming them down to cause severe damage, taking out one of them.

"Yee-haw! That's what you varmints get for trying to terrorize our home!" Hero put his magic to good use by using an ice spell on the Pawn still on fire.

"Here! Let me help put that out for you!" Hero shot an ice spell on it, making it freeze as Smolder flew up to pick it up and slam it onto the ground, causing the Tainted to shatter into several pieces and then vanish.

"Pretty nice ice spell, Hero. Watch out!" Starlight said as some attempted to strike Hero and Applejack from behind.

"No way, you're not doing that!" Hero used his blade of harmony to sweep them with a low slash; they sprawled to the ground as Applejack moved over to kick them, sending them both flying away and into the wall. The impact causes their bodies to explode into a dark mist and vanish. "Thanks for the heads-up, Starlight!"

"Yeah, just be careful, guys."

"You no good, slimy creatures. Trying to strike us from behind, huh? Then how do you like this!" Applejack then used her front hooves to strike the earth, causing some of its terrain to shoot upwards like a large boulder before using her lasso to hold it in place. Then, using Smolder and Hero's help, Smolder lit the boulder with her purple fire and helped Applejack move it around like a swinging mace.

Together, they were plowing through large swathes of Tainted as they launched the fiery boulder right into the last group, causing a massive explosion on them, narrowly missing the wall of the Town Hall. They all began to retreat, sinking into the earth and moving away from the Town Hall and the heroic ponies.

"Yeah. That's right. Run away and don't come back."

"Good riddance, you varmints!" They all cheered in victory until they saw that their retreat wasn't much of a retreat, more than it was a regrouping strategy. "Wait, just a cotton-picking minute here. Something doesn't feel right about those shadows running away from us."

Applejack was right; they were forming together into an all-around alone Tainted Soldier as that soldier grew and evolved into a more prominent knight; its limbs were separated from its body as they floated around it. A massive metal mouthpiece shielded its face as the eyes were revealed, yellow beady lights glaring down at everyone as it roared and pounded its steel fists together. Then the Tainted sigil appeared on its chest, marking it as an Emblem Tainted.

"Oh, come on, you're kidding me right now," Smolder said in awe and disbelief.

"Oh my... that is a very big Tainted. Be careful, guys." Starlight then used her magic to aid everyone and provide a shield around them.

"Thanks, Starlight. That'll help us to keep our distance." Hero said they needed time to analyze the threat before them; any plan was better than none.

"Hey there, guys. The limbs he's got look like they can be moved around now that they're disconnected and such."

"Yeah, Applejack, they do. But how to move them?" It was balling up its fist as it prepped a punch onto the magic shields to break them open. "Starlight! Brace yourself!" Hero said as he saw the giant metal fist had made contact with Starlight's guards. They began to form cracks from its blow, sending Starlight's body sprawling to the ground as she kept her focus.

"You alright there, Sugarcube?"

"I-I'm fine, but I won't be if he's still got those arms of his, guys."

"She's right about that; we must do something about them. I'll see if my magic can sever its connection with its limbs." Hero said as he readied up another ice spell, but he targeted its right fist, then jumped up from behind the shield and blasted it. "Take this, buddy!" Hero shouted as he managed to freeze its right fist as it fell to the ground. The giant armor suit then punched Hero with its left fist, sending him flying back. That hurt. "Guh! Ouch. C-Cheap shot."

"Oh no, are you okay, Hero?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, Starlight. Don't worry about me, okay?" Hero managed to get back up. He then looked over to Applejack.

PreviousChapters Next