• Published 20th Sep 2020
  • 892 Views, 46 Comments

Season 10: Dawn of a new generation of Harmony - xombiekilla



After the end of Season 9, the future was revealed and the show came to a close. But is this really how everything ends?

  • ...
 46
 892

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter ten: First intermission and the beginning of a wicked blight.

"Three wicked creatures, all with darkness burgeoning within your hearts. Oh, how you yearn for your freedom so much that it must hurt inside. There she is, the one I'm looking for. Perfect."

The hooded figure said as he approached the statue of the three tyrants: Cozy, Chrysalis, and Tirek. "You three were, for a time, at the cusp of your victory before it was snatched from you. Then allow me to rectify this... injustice." The figure reached out with his hand, trailing it up against the smooth of their stone prison, then his hand was glowing in darkness as he pressed his palm onto the statue, creating cracks from within it.

A weakened centaur's scared and closed eyes were exposed to the crisp nighttime air as they began to open up from release. The other two were also gradually released, the stone on their bodies chipping away as all three were removed from their stone prison. Each has then had their first breath of fresh air in years.


"Well, Spike, I'm looking forward to meeting that pony, Hero. What a nice name." Twilight was looking at Spike Happily.

"Yeah, he sure sounds like a cool pony, alright. So, you will send a letter to Starlight to summon him?"

"I'm considering doing that right now. Although it is late, she's probably about to go to bed soon. I don't think she'd mind." Twilight made a letter to summon Hero to Canterlot Castle early in the morning. "Celestia and Luna also have to meet Hero, too."

"But why disturb them while they're in retirement? I mean, it's nice to hear from them now and then. But wouldn't they want to relax rather than meet somepony new?"

"Well, if I know them well enough, they'd be ecstatic to meet Hero. I know it." Twilight then began to write a letter to Starlight. She was Inviting her and Hero to her castle for an official meeting. "There we go. It won't be much longer until she gets it. Then I'll hear a reply from her."

"I hope this works out for you, Twilight. I hate seeing you upset, you know."

"Aww, thanks, Spike. You're the sweetest. I'm happy to have you as my royal advisor and friendship ambassador. I know you have to be excited to meet Hero, right?"

"I'll be honest with you. Yes, I am."


Meanwhile, as Twilight and Spike had conversed inside, the village's hooded figure was up to no good. As he channeled his dark magic into their stone prison, the stone was crumbling away like a snake would shed its old skin, revealing the forms of the three tyrants that, at one point, had attempted to usurp Equestria for their own. Their looks of surprise would have been an understatement to behold upon seeing who rescued them from captivity.

"Argh... my head. What's going on here?" Replied the now weakened and skinnier centaur. The changeling queen and more petite pegasus filly had also come to. All three of them were now looking at who released them.

"Who're you? Why did you set us free? What it is that you're after?" Asked the changeling queen to the hooded figure, who just chuckled. "No pony or creature is ever that altruistic without gaining something of equal value."

"Why, Your Highness, you wound me in thinking that I'd do this only to have something to gain from it. Many names know me, yet all lead to darkness. You, however, can call me Lord Yami." The figure had introduced himself to the criminal trio.

"Well, don't expect any gratitude from me. Give us one reason we shouldn't do anything to you right now."

"You couldn't do so now, even if you wanted to. But let's play devil's advocate momentarily and say that you could. Would you be willing to do that even without hearing my proposition?" Yami raised his brow as he addressed the queen. "I can see it in your eyes. I have piqued your interest, have I not?"

"Fine. But be quick with what you want. Speak!"

"Very well then. I only require the help of one of you, and the other two are free to do whatever you desire. You won't be doing it alone, however. You can use the power of my precious Tainted to assist you. Agents of darkness, humble, yet loyal to my aide." Yami summoned forth his Tainted pawns to display to them.

"And who is it that you need most?" The queen asked with a sneer.

"The filly that's right next to you. Her darkness will be sufficient as a vessel for my cause."

"Golly, mister. As much as I want to be a vessel, I also like freedom. I'm sure you understand."

"Indeed I do. But have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a god? To know how it truly feels to have such power? Does it fascinate you?"

"Hmm... I've always used friendship as it was meant to be, as a tool for conquest. Gee, though, being a god sure does sound peachy."

"And if you thought being an alicorn was strength, It would be paltry compared to my offer."

"How did you know about what happened to us?"

"My dear queen, I know more than you may realize. But why bore you with such details? Your dreams are that of vengeance, are they not?"

"Oh, what's it to you?" The queen scoffed as she responded to Yami's question.

"With what I have here, you can get the desired revenge. Use these pawns as you see fit. The same goes for you, too, Lord Tirek."

"And what makes you think I'll accept help from you?" The centaur walked up to Yami to point his finger at his chest. The hooded figure stood, very stalwart in his posture.

"What are your alternatives? Try to steal magic from ponies and creatures that would be too wise to your tricks, get captured again and fail, or use strength in numbers to your advantage to gain more power?"

"You think I'd be too incompetent to fulfill my desire for vengeance and destruction by myself? Do you think of me as a fool? If I accept your help, how can I be sure it won't backfire?"

"You have my oath as a humble servant to darkness. Surely, you seek to reclaim your honor and strength, yes?"

"Well then. I have made my decision, Lord Yami. I'd love to be a vessel for your cause; if I can become a god, then I'll take my place as the rightful ruler of Equestria, not that loathsome, meany Twilight."

"Indeed, she was very mean to have sealed you three away, and I couldn't have said it better, myself. But you'll need to look the part of a vessel, too."

"What do you mean, mister Yami?"

"My dearest little Cozy, you won't feel any pain whatsoever." Yami conjured up a ball of darkness and cast it upon her as the orb devoured Cozy Glow. She did have a brief look of worry as the sphere took her into it.

"What is the name of Equestria? What are you doing to her?" The centaur question Yami.

"Giving her what she wants."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, good. She's done." The orb faded away to reveal Cozy. But she looked older now, otherwise still the same as always. Her eyes were different, however. They glowed with an eerie golden yellow, perfectly matching the eyes of the Tainted and Yami. "So then, Cozy. Tell me, how do you feel?"

"I-I have a horn again. And I feel oodles stronger, too. Golly, thanks, mister Yami. I could get used to this."

"Well, I'll admit, she does look... stronger. Fine, but I'm only doing this because I've witnessed your abilities firsthand." Tirek concluded as a few pawns rushed to his side.

"And I'll be happy to accept any help to build my new hive, strike down that pathetic traitor, Thorax, and get my revenge on those princesses, that irksome Starlight, and the other elements." The last few rushed over to bow to Queen Chrysalis. "Good servants, kneeling before your queen, as it should be."

"So then, is everybody satisfied with their newly acquired accommodations?" Yami asked with a smug look.

"I am. I don't always say thanks to anypony or creature, but I suppose you deserve some kind. Thanks for aiding me in my quest for revenge." Chrysalis said as Yami looked over to Tirek.

"Yes, yes, thanks. I'll be sure to put this to good use. I do believe that I'll take Tartarus. The very place that was once my prison would make the perfect new kingdom for me."

"And I'll focus my plans on sabotaging their precious 'harmony.'" Chrysalis scoffed as she cackled, disappearing into a plume of green flames. Tirek was looking at Cozy and Yami as Yami created a dark pillar that functioned as a portal, gesturing for Cozy to follow him.

"Oh golly, Tirek. I hope we can remain on good terms, even if we must separate."

"I always thought of you more as a burden than I ever could as a friend, Cozy. Just stay out of my way, and you'll have nothing to fear from me."

"I know you'll eventually come around, big guy. I hope you can achieve your plans, too. Goodbye, for now, Tirek." Cozy said as she went into the portal with Yami, and the portal vanished, Leaving Tirek to his thoughts.

"Finally, I'm freed from that horrible stone prison and those two buffoons. But I'll have to play it smart and lay low for now. One day, Twilight Sparkle, you shall feel my wrath." Tirek said as he gazed upon the castle with the lit balcony on top as he left the Canterlot Gardens.


Spike suddenly had a look of worry, which turned into terror as he looked out the window, expecting to see the statue of the three trapped tyrants, only to know that they were suddenly gone. "T-Twilight. I think you might want to see this."

"What is it, Spike- Oh no. Spike, they're gone. This is bad, really, really bad." Twilight was pacing around her Bedchambers until Spike grabbed her and hugged her.

"Get a hold of yourself, Twilight. This is no way for a princess of Equestria to act. I know this is bad, but we've got Harmony on our side."

"But Spike, even the Tree of Harmony is dead. The only thing that's keeping our land from plummeting into evil. I know it was broken multiple times, but never anything like this." Twilight was hyperventilating, and Spike did his best to keep her as calm as he could, consoling her as best he could.

"Twilight. Starlight and Starswirl both need to know about what happened."

"You're right, Spike. I know it's late, but this is an emergency." Twilight hurriedly created a new letter and immediately delivered it to Friendship Castle. "Starlight will receive that letter, and this one will go to Starswirl." Twilight then made a third letter to give Starswirl the Bearded.


"What?! Two letters at once? What's going on over at Canterlot?" Starlight glossed over both of them and saw that one had the royal emergency seal over it, to which she read first without hesitation. As she read more into the letter, her face slowly looked terrified at what she was reading.

"No. Not them. I can't believe it. How in Equestria did they get freed? This is terrible. Who is responsible for this? No, it couldn't be that mystery figure that Hero told me about, could it? Well. Hero is already sleeping, so I'll wait until morning before I say anything about what happened."

Starlight then went to sleep after turning out her lights. She knew this was a suspicion of a series of events that would come. "Oh, Hero... we need you here now more than ever... More than you could ever realize."

PreviousChapters Next