• Published 20th Sep 2020
  • 2,526 Views, 28 Comments

ARK: Friendship Evolved - A Galaxy Tycoon

  • ...
1
 28
 2,526

The Arrival

*****Seven years ago, at an unknown location*****

It felt like an eternity in a dark abyss, being trapped in a blank purgatory for reasons unknown.

...

He couldn't feel anything.

...

He couldn't see anything.

...

He couldn't hear anything.

...

He couldn't taste anything.

...

He couldn't even tell if he was breathing or not.

...

All he could remember was too long to be described, so it will be shortened for our sake; Around Galveston, Texas, a category 5 hurricane struck his hometown, leaving him stranded in a flooded house and completely separated from his family. And in the roaring waters, some weird metallic object floated towards him, with colorful lights beaming at him. A thought in his mind suggested a flying spacecraft owned by aliens, but it was too small to be one he figured.

He wasn't sure if it was his mind or not, but he could've sworn it said 'They obey their alpha.' upon finding him.

And like out of a low budget sci-fi movie, a bright blue portal opened up and began to suck him in with the force of a thousand vacuum cleaners. He remembered giving off one more shocked look before he blacked out upon reaching the portal's event horizon.

He struggled to move a limb, or lift a finger if anything, but it was in vain. He still persisted in waking up.

Until finally, he noticed the darkness was starting to brighten slowly. He forced it to accelerate with his determination to awake.

"*GASP!*"

As he welcomed the warm and moist air after being freed from his state, sand met his body. A bright light blinded his vision and gentle splashes of water barely tickled his feet and legs. He shielded his eyes with his trembling hand from the sun to let them attempt to adjust to this new environment.

The best movement he could do was to glance to the left and right direction. He was expecting to be in some sort of hospital bed, not on a warm beach.

Then something poked him hard on the backside of his head.

"Ow!"

Jumping up at the brief pain, it brought him out of his state of exhaustion and got his eyesight straight again. Glancing down after feeling a weird draft, he immediately panicked and covered himself, as he had the embarrassing misfortune to be utterly naked. He checked to make sure nobody else was there to be a witness until a soft trill caught his attention.

Instead of a human like he was expecting, it was a comical looking bird, about as big as a turkey, staring at him curiously. It was a fat light brown avian with a face of yellow skin and a black beak that suggested a herbivorous diet.

...Was he looking at a Dodo?

It tilted its head before it bluntly pecked him again, this time on the forehead.

"Gah! Go away, pinhead!" He growled and shooed the bird off. A glint of something shiny on one of his arms made him inspect his limb and found something rather disturbing that made him think of one of those things police put into prisoners.

On his left wrist, or rather in his left wrist, was a diamond shaped metallic object glowing a hue of blue. He panicked as he try to find a way to scratch it out, but his attempts were in vain. It seemed like it was perfectly fused to his body, only surrounded by his skin slightly red in irritation of the foreign object.

While he was busy investigating it, he felt the earth tremble. He looked up and became awestruck dumb at what he was seeing now.

What was presented in front of him would be akin to a dream of his coming true. No biologist would be able to comprehend how something such as this would be standing right here and right now. Despite this, however, it was still perfectly in front of him. And just what was this that has the capability to rock the world of science? Why, it's easy to describe it, yet it was also understandably deniable until proven otherwise. The giant reptile that stood in front of him looked about more than 60 meters in length and a height of at least 10 meters, had a small trail osteoderms running down all the way on its back, four distinguishable massive tree trunk-like legs, a whip for a tail, and a long neck that ended with a small head that browsed in the heights.

A Brontosaurus, a living and breathing dinosaur in the flesh. It knocked down a couple of the trees as it moved through the patch of flora, forcing a flock of goofy birds to waddle away, least they become a feathery pancake.

Now taking a complete look around at his surroundings from where he sat, he found nothing but shells, pebbles, and a few logs of driftwood buried in the shore. The weird creatures that seem to have replaced the crabs were the sluggish little horseshoe-like bugs. Above him, a couple of pterosaurs soared in the sky, minding their own business. And along the shoreline, palm trees and light vegetation grew around a few giant rocks that laid in the sand.

Absorbing all of the familiar and unknown sights and sounds into his mind, he shakily managed to get back on his feet. The numbness he had felt earlier wore off as he made his way deeper into the mysterious island, passing by the dinosaur that didn't seem to care about his presence.

To say he wasn't in Texas anymore was the biggest understatement of the year.


The mental image of a tropical beach appears to anyone's mind when they hear the term 'vacation' or 'honeymoon'. Though it has a fair share of being balanced with various hazards like a national park, such as being subject to shark attacks and heralding hurricanes, it still held its picture of being a paradise for leisure. Indeed, are beaches so relaxing, one simply enjoys the idea of tranquility in such scenery.

To a nine-year old like Adam, who had grown up around the coasts of Texas a majority of his life, the beach was nothing in spectacular asides from being a natural ecosystem. If he was raised inland, he would've gawked at it for hours. He invested his attention on how he would be able to live off the land. He watched from a nearby set of ferns as a small flock of carefree Dodos were foraging in the coastal vegetation.

"I guess if they eat them, that means they're safe...?" The child contemplated as he inspected the berries he found out they were searching for.

In the palm of his hand were five small fruits that had the physical and almost identical appearance of blueberries. It was the yellow pigmentation that made them alien to him. He took them and popped them to his mouth. They even tasted like blueberries, only lighter. At least now he knew what he could eat, but what about meat? He didn't like the idea of having to rely on a vegetarian diet forever, but if it meant staying alive for a little longer, that's just what he may have to do.

While he was in the midst of looking for more of the yellow berries, he heard a disgusting sound, as if someone was hacking up mucus. Glancing to his left, he scooted out of the way in time for a ball of dark green gunk, which splashed against a rock next to him. Before he could make a comment of how the 'gross stuff' was stuck onto his skin, the brush yielded to a small prickly dark blue dinosaur with two bright red crests.

"Oh no!" Upon seeing the animal he recognized as a Dilophosaurus from Jurassic Park, he ran for his life.

The creature was a few yards behind him when the child ran through the Dodo flock. The avians panicked and scattered in every direction when they saw the carnivore. Unfortunately for them, the Dilophosaurus switched targets when it realized that the human was going to be slightly faster than it.

Finding the perfect target, it hacked up another blob of its foul venom directly on a Dodo's face. It waited for the blinded bird to trip over a driftwood branch. At that moment, it leaped at its prey and silenced it, putting it out of its misery, before proceeding to consume it savagely. It hissed in delight with a couple of surviving Dodos and human looking on from the brush.

"Just what kind of a crazy place is this?" The sickened Adam asked himself whilst he watched the dinosaur eat its meal, obviously not getting any answer for his rhetorical question.

With a weary sigh, he journeyed into the thicket again with the goal to find any form of shelter from the beasts and hazards of the island.

Author's Note:

A big welcome/hello to my readers. This fanfic (or in this case, Fimfic? :twilightsheepish: ) is a recent project that I had in mind after reading several sad fimfics on this website. I decided to follow the Anon-a-Miss comic because a) sad fimfics are a bit of my guilty pleasure and b) it was never crossed over with ARK: Survival Evolved before.

And as a warning, my update schedule will be in complete chaos (no Discord pun intended). Between two fanfics I'm working on, a demanding college, and life, you could expect a chapter once in a while, maybe once a month if I had a lot of more time on my hands :raritydespair:

Next chapter: Heartache