• Published 16th Sep 2020
  • 243 Views, 1 Comments

A Dream Away from Rest - OceanBytez



Sometimes we dream to rest. Sometimes our dream takes us to our rest.

  • ...
1
 1
 243

To bring peace

A feeling of falling and terror consumes me. Everything around is a dark, imperceptible fog. Nothing has any discernible detail. The world around me feels like it is spinning. My only sense of direction comes from me falling. I shudder as adrenaline courses through me. Suddenly everything begins to stop.

"What seems to bother you, my little pony?" a soft voice asks through the haze. Her gentle voice cutting the void like a blazing spear of hope.

"I don't know," I state. "What is this place?"

A figure starts to walk through the haze toward me. I tense up in fear, unsure of what to think of this stranger.

"Your mind. Please, don't be afraid. I'm here to help you," she says as her deep royal blue form crosses an unseeable barrier. Her hair flows in a non-existent wind and shows vibrantly like the stars of the sky. Her face is both gentle and kind. "You have been badly hurt. I felt your terror, so I came here to comfort you."

I feel strangely relaxed in her presence as I realize who she is. I bow to render the proper respects. "Forgive my ignorance, Princess, I did not recognise you." That last answer hangs in my mind like a dagger. Some part of me knows but denies it even as a tinge of dread works its way into me.

She spends a moment contemplating her words before she continues. "My little pony, We are in your mind. This is all a dream. I came to help you in your time of need."

I stood once more, confusion painting my face. "Princess, I thank you but, what is it that I need help with? How exactly is this a dream?"

Her face contorts in pain. She seems very deeply hurt but there is no clear reason why. "You… You are very brave, and I want you to know that you saved that foal's life. What you did is nothing short of commendable."

Her words startle me, causing me to take a step back. Somehow, a brief memory sparks like the beginnings of a fire. My mind quickly smothers it though. "What are you talking about Princess? I have not done anything to earn your generous visit."

She nods knowingly before taking a step closer, bringing our distance to the same it was before. "Please, a hero like you should be very proud. Let me help you in your final moments."

I recoil quickly and steadily as I hear her last words. What does she mean by my final moments? My chest is pounding and I feel like I can't breathe. This is crazy! This is just a dream and I will wake up and be just fine. She keeps walking toward me until I bump an invisible wall and slide into a sitting position.

"I know you are confused and scared," her face is visibly wet now and her voice shakes just ever so slightly, "but, I want you to know that your family is here. I am here. You won't be alone for this. It's the least we can do."

I look down at my hooves as a sinking feeling sets in. I know what she is talking about. I always did. My mind just could not accept it. "So… Is this the end? Will I ever see my family again?"

She sniffled as she closed the distance and lifted my chin with a hoof to stare deeply into my eyes. Her face was very wet now, yet she fought back her emotions to continue. "Yes… This is the end. I can't bring your family here and I cannot take you back to see them. I am so sorry." She looks ready to break down at any moment.

I hug her tightly. She towers above me allowing me to easily bury my face into her chest. Her fur was so soft and warm. The whirl of emotions within me settling in her embrace. I feel like a foal being calmed by his mother. Once the embrace is finished I see a wet spot on her chest. "Don't be sorry. You made me feel a little better. That is something to be proud of."

She looks me in the eyes once more. Her delicate stare seems to calm my very soul. "I can do one thing for you at least. Do you have any requests before you leave?"

"Shouldn't you be the one leaving?" I ask and expectantly wait for an answer. She seems saddened by this question. Ohhh. "Well there is one thing. Tell everyone I love them. Make sure they are all taken care of for me." She smiles gently and her mood lightens a lot.

She takes a step back and bows to me. "It will be done, my brave little hero. You deserve so much more but, I can grant at least this last wish. Now, there is one more thing I can do for you. You won't see me but, I promise I will not leave. Trust me." After she finishes, her whole body disintegrates into dust and blows away in a mysterious wind that I cannot feel.

I feel alone in the void. Fear begins to creep up my spine once more. A faint light flickers. I try to walk toward it desperately, but I am blinded as it bursts forth into a ray of light that wraps around me. When I open my eyes I see everything.

Every good event in my whole life shifts before my eyes and emotions of every good kind flow through me. I see every family member and friend. My mom, dad, sister, best friend, and sometimes just random events of just me having a good time all flow by in a stream.

An immense feeling of happiness fills my heart and I smile uncontrollably. I practically dance with the light as it flows by endlessly.

The emotions so overwhelmingly positive that I cannot even fully comprehend. Every good deed I ever did and every good thing that happened to me all pass by like a river of pure joy.

Slowly, the show before me came to an end. The feelings of happiness remain even in the darkness now. I know that I am not alone. There are ponies that I care for and that also care for me.

I find myself strangely at peace as a strange void seems to begin eating away at the darkness itself. Weariness works its way through me and I lay down and close my eyes.

Finally… I am ready for this…

Author's Note:

Current contender in Quills and sofas Luna Ascendant speed write.

Comments ( 1 )

EQUESTRIA....LAND OF REAPERS !!!!! ALL YOUR PONY FRIENDS ARE REAPERS !!!!

Login or register to comment