• Published 17th Oct 2020
  • 880 Views, 10 Comments

Marked with Power - Thenewbluebrony



Our hero was sent to equestria and finds some new marks

  • ...
7
 10
 880

The cold north part 2

As I continued into the cave I found that there were no webs anywhere. I found this odd due to how many were in the previous area of the cave. I figured it could mean three things. The first is that the spider had known about a possible threat to its safety and stayed away, another is that it was too big to fit in the area, and the third is something had made it by the spider unnoticed.

I thought the second one was the most likely but decided to stay vigilant. After a few minutes, I entered a small clearing where I found a crystal that felt like it was calling to me. When I picked up the crystal I saw that it would change color based on the way I rotated it. The crystal also seemed to be playing a tune that made my body relax.

The feeling had stopped once the crystal had left my hand. I continued my descent into the cave to find the words for frost breath when I found a patch that was covered in snow but there were no holes in the ceiling. I then felt a warm breeze go down my back but when I turned there was nothing there. I felt like I was being watched. I then realized I had used my shouts when I had my body parts in ghost form.

I decided not to focus on it for now due to still feeling like I'm being watched. I decided to go full ghost and that was when I saw it. A Unicorn's ghost that had black lines going around its body. The body was green and white, and the white was graying the tail was green with blue spots and was also turning gray. The mane was red and white. Its cutie mark was a peppermint.

I was not able to speak to it but it was able to change parts of its form. It led me to its body which had a drawing on the cave wall above it. The drawing shows a bipedal creature with fangs, green skin, and small horns. I was familiar with a species that resembles the creature orcs, this shocked me. I had been here for a few months and had only heard them mentioned by discord during the quiz. The pony then led me to a door that had a small hole in it.

The ghost then pointed to the bag on its body. I found a small ball next to the bag that was the same size as the hole. As I inserted the ball into the hole it started to crystallize and was shot towards me, It hit my left pectoral and I felt a burn. But when I checked there was no mark, like the other times I felt the burn. I looked down and saw the ball was at my feet, the door had opened and I saw the door had opened and behind it was a cave full of crystals.

I walked through the door and saw the cave had become completely crystallized with no crystallization happening. The cave just suddenly became crystals. All of the crystals were of a teal hue. As I passed through the door I felt the cave grow colder and saw the pony's ghost had gotten close to me.

This made me think that the orc had gotten close. I decided to check the body first before I continued going into the cave, to see If I could find any marks that would suggest that she was hit by the ball. I did this to see if she had opened the door and had been attacked by an orc that was inside. From what I could see the body had quite a few bruises and one deep stab-like wound on it but none were the same shape as the ball. I then decided to look around and see if I could see any signs of how this had happened.

I took a few steps back and found a crystal that was a dark red on half of it which told me it caused the deep stab. I then decided to look at the walls and saw there was a circular shaped dent in the wall above the bag. I decided to say. "Nod your head if my guess is close to what had happened. You had somehow got past the spider and found this ball somewhere before the nest." She nodded as I finished saying that. "You then came up to the door and saw the hole. You then used magic to place the ball and when it shot out you looked away and were attacked." She nodded and then pointed to her bag. I assumed she wanted to give me something.

I searched her bag and found some Id. It said Peppermint Swirl, she was 68 solar cycles old. I found thirty bits an old lamp and a dull sword. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw she was pointing toward the door. I decided to turn invisible and see what she was pointing at. I walked over there and saw there was an orc just past the doorway.

I decided not to cause a big scene and saw there were no other orcs around. So I decided to grab my knife and bring it down straight into his head. I did not work in instantly killing him so I grabbed my hammer and swung for his neck while still holding the handle of my knife. This did kill him, I decided to burn the body under the hole so it would not smoke the cave. After five minutes I found the word wall. It was surrounded by crystals. As I walked up I heard the voice. "Fo Krah Diin." It said as the words started to glow and beams from the light shot at me. After the glowing stopped I left the cave and me and Pisica continued heading north towards the Empire.

Author's Note:

Extra Chapter this month Feedback is appreciated edit It took me over a year to realize that my character was using ghost powers to talk with peppermint.