• Published 28th Sep 2020
  • 2,634 Views, 61 Comments

The Pony That Wanted To Be A Hero - DanishDash



Pax has always wanted to be a hero! Just like the elements of harmony! It was not meant to be however, he tried to become a hero, but ended up almost destroying Equestria. Now he is trapped in the great void, paying for his sins.

  • ...
4
 61
 2,634

The Void

How much time had passed?

It was impossible to tell when there was nothing around you. I didn't sit on anything, there was nothing physical beneath me, it was like I was just floating in the air, weightless and with no direction.

I didn't feel hunger, but I could at least sleep. I knew that because I had actually managed to cry myself to sleep, just like a real hero..

Now I was just floating around, looking at the great nothing, trying to reflect over my choices. I had no more tears to give, though I still felt great sadness, I was simply dried up, tired and exhausted. I tried to think about what Twilight would have done if she was in my position. Probably something smarter than what I did, but, maybe it was time to think outside the box.

"Uhm, you're still there..?"

"I don't really have a choice, do I? And before you try out this plan of yours I can tell you it won't work."

"How do you know what I wanted to try?"

"Idiot, I'm trapped inside you, I can pretty much tell what you're thinking."

"Oh, yeah.."

It seemed trying to befriend the creature was out of the question. Then again, my heart was not in it. I didn't want to be friends with him, but who else was I going to talk to? There was nothing here other than us, were we just going to spent it in silence? With nothing else to do, I started to walk, though with nothing under me it was hard to tell if I was actually moving.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to explore this place, see if there is something here."

"There isn't. That's why it's a void, there's nothing but emptiness."

"Well at least it's something to do! I don't want to just float around doing nothing."

"Your determination is foolish, and it was exactly what landed you into trouble the first time."

"True... But this time there is nopony around to get hurt, even if I screwed up again."

"Well I'm here!"

"Yeah, but we're not friends. Consider this your punishment!"

"Errrggghhhhh!!!"

As much as I hated to admit it, it felt nice talking to someone, even if it was an argument. This creature had almost killed my friends, killed me, and overtaken the kingdom. But he was my only companion in this place and it kept me from going insane.

I kept walking, never knowing if I was actually moving or not. I had no idea where I was going, if there was really any point to it. But like Applejack told me, 'Just one hoof at a time.'

"You make me sick.."

"What now?"

"Friendship is magic Pax, one hoof at a time, friendship friendship. Bhah, I could throw up. The magic of friendship didn't really work out for you, did it Pax?"

"Why don't you just shut up? Of course the magic of friendship didn't help me, I have no friends and I betrayed those I had!"

"Pffft, right. You're actually so pathetic even the magic of friendship couldn't even help you. Congratulations."

I didn't reply, I was already feeling bad, not sure this guy could make it worse or not, but I wasn't really in the mood to find out. Before I could think about replying or not doing so, I suddenly saw a strange white mist, or fog.

"Hm, well this is interesting.."

"What is it?"

Before I got an answer the mist seemed to move, not randomly but like if it was alive. It started to take shape, moving and stretching until finally it had a shape of a pony. But not just one, several, and all of them looked like-

"Well well well, looks like the elements of harmony is here."

"B-but how?"

They weren't really there, the shape of them were unmistakable, but the fine features were lacking. They had no real expression, and they were not really physical, they were like mist creatures, ghost-like.

"Your subconscious must have created them."

"Your fault.."

The mist creature looking like Rainbow said.

"W-what?"

"Oh-o."

"Your fault.."

Fluttershy joined in, and soon enough they all moved in, repeating the same phrase over and over again.

"Your fault.."

"Your fault.."

"Your fault.."

"Your fault.."

They kept repeating this, over and over again. Their voices sounded dead and lifeless, like if I was being hunted by their restless spirits. I had no more tears to give, no more pleads, what would it help? I decided to run, but just as I tried to do so I felt something around my hooves. I looked down, and to my horror I found the mist had wrapped itself around my hooves, forming chains like if I was a prisoner.

"Wha?! What is going on!!"

I screamed, trying to move and get away while the mist creatures seemed to grow more aggravated by my attempts.

"This is really interesting."

"What do you mean!?"

"It seems your subconscious has created this little scene, maybe born of your emotional state and your guilt. Doesn't look fun at all."

The bastard actually sounded amused!

"But how can this be?! There is nothing here!"

"We're here, idiot. All of this came from you. You are doing this. I would help you, but I'm afraid since I'm not in the driver's seat I'm powerless to stop this."

The mist chains moved around me like snakes, restraining me. The other ends of the chains moved to the elements of harmony, connecting themselves to them, as if they were the ones chaining me. I was scared, I wanted to fight, but what was the use? I had nowhere to go, nowhere to hide, and this was probably what I could expect if I was still in Equestria, so why fight whatever fate awaited me..

"I'm sorry.."

The six figures didn't reply, they just looked at me with those dead and expressionless eyes. They turned, and then started to drag me along. I had no idea where to, but I was scared.