• Published 12th Sep 2020
  • 6,391 Views, 616 Comments

Project New World - NinjaMare



the world of ponies is about to meet an emissary of an unknown race.

  • ...
20
 616
 6,391

Chapter 6: R.O.V.E.R Discovers....CLOTHES!

Another hour goes by as Celestia and her sister Luna just basically watch the giant metal beast read book, after book, while occasionally trying to see if they can communicate with the creature. But the beast still didn’t seem interested in speaking to them. that is until Twilight Sparkle had an idea, after writing down ‘Hello’ on a piece of paper, and slipping it in front of the creature they actually got a reaction. The creature seemed to study the page, and looked up to the ponies making them think it was going to say something…but it just went back to reading after looking at the ponies for a few seconds.

After their tenth or eleventh try, the princesses had to return to the castle as they still had royal duties to up hold, but before they left they cautioned the Twilight, Fluttershy and Spike to be careful around the creature as they keep an eye on it. The two mares and little dragon nodded as the princesses teleported back to Canterlot, the action getting the attention of the creatures tail.

Once the princesses left the library and Twilight, Spike and Fluttershy went back to watching over the creature. But after another ten or so minutes, the creature had read every single book in the library, a feat that Twilight respected as it would take her a few days to ready a library’s worth of books.

Now the two mares and baby dragon were following the creature around town, watching it scare ponies as it browses around stalls and tents, or a shop that it found an interest in. Course Twilight and Fluttershy had to calm down the ponies that got scared of the creature, and reassures them that it’s harmless and its just curious. Still didn’t stop them from totally freaking out after seeing a one-eyed metal skinned thing glare down at them, as if it was staring right into their souls.

“Twilight I think we should try and get the creature back to Fluttershy’s cottage; I don’t think the town can handle all the panic this thing is causing.” Spike suggested as he rides on top of his caretaker, flinching as the creatures tail eye closes in on them.

“Plus it’s really freaking me out as its second head just stares at me!”

“I know it’s a little unsettling Spike, but like we keep telling the ponies, it’s just curious.” Twilight reaffirms her little assistant. “Think of it this way. You might be the first dragon its ever seen, so its probably finds you very fascinating.” Spike looks up to the creature, seeing it nose around the flower stand, scaring the daylights out of Roseluck and her sisters.

“Still doesn’t make its scrutinizing gaze any less unsettling.” Spike grumbled as he watches Fluttershy apologize for the creature scaring the three sisters, while it continues to venture around the town.

The trio continued to follow the creature around town, which was now venturing around the central area around town, and investigating the more interesting buildings. Like the joke shop, which really caught the creatures attention as it circled around the building, before trying wedge its way through the door, but only able to get its tail in to have a look around. The creature did this a few more times at a few other stores, scaring the ponies while also trying to enter the buildings. And of course Twilight and her fellow creature watchers had to apologize for the creatures antics.

The latest victim to be subjected to the creatures curiosity was the poor Quills and Sofas store, where the owner was helping a customer move a couch to a wagon parked outside, and of course the creature gave the two ponies the fright of their lives as well as nearly breaking the couch while it used its tail to hold it, and turn it around as it looked it over. After its little investigation of the furniture, and the shop, Twilight and her two friends again played peace maker as they had to say sorry for what could be the twentieth time, in the past thirty minutes.

“Maybe Spike is right Twilight, we should try to get it back to my cottage.” Fluttershy said after help the Quills and Sofas owner fix the sign above the door.

“It’s probably for the—wait!” Twilight said as she looked around as she helps a pony lift a couch they just bought, which was the target of the creatures attention. “Where did the creature go?!”

Both Spike and Fluttershy turned away from what they were doing to help the shop, and the ponies that got the fright of their life today, and noticed that the creature was gone!

“…for a big metal animal, it really knows how to sneak away doesn’t it?” Spike commented as he was lifted up and placed onto Twilight’s back, before the trio began searching for the creature.

~~R.O.V.E.R~~

The R.O.V.E.R unit was certainly gaining a treasure trove of information from the pony settlement, not just from the equines themselves in their diversity in colors, body structures and species they seem to come in. But also in the economy of the ponies. From what the R.O.V.E.R can analyze of the ponies social structure, these equines seem to be like that of a mod-industrial era town, but also still retaining some pre-Columbian town markets. All in all, these ponies seem to have a mixing pot of different economical formats.

As the machine ventures to the northern district from what could be the main market square, the R.O.V.E.R continues its investigation of the town by scanning more of the equines and towns.

Speaking of the equines, the machines A.I has documented that the majority of ponies that appear to be adults, all have some kind of branding mark on their haunches. When the mechanical beast noticed this, it began scanning the ponies more closely especially around their haunches, and documenting each mark it finds. And noting that each of these equines has a unique mark, some do seem to share similar marks, but upon closer examination the R.O.V.E.R unit has noted one or few differences between the marks. Whether it was because of an added detail to the image or even a small change to it. The only ponies that didn’t seem to have a branding mark were could be documented as foals, as the few that the machine has come across were markless. Now as to what the marks means, the A.I of the machine couldn’t tell, a conclusion on a subject like this requires human intelligence.

The mechanical beast continues to explore the town as the day goes into mid-afternoon, and as it explored something catches its attention…a flurry of green light coming from an alleyway.

Making its way over to the alley the R.O.V.E.R didn’t find anything other than a trio of pegasi, who as the others have, whinnied in panicked before flying off. Leaving the alleyway behind as there was nothing of interest left the machine continues its venture and documentation of the town and its residence.

A few minutes go by and the machine comes across another unusual building that’s seemed out of place among the more rural buildings. The building was probably the tallest in structural design, and the machine noted that this building has a very more elaborate image than the others in the town. As the machine examined the building it noticed the door opening and saw a grey coated pony walk out, wearing a purple dress! The machine instantly found this interesting, and began making its way over to the pony, who upon noticing the mechanical beast coming towards it whinnied in a panic and galloped off, preventing the metal beast from examining the outfit it was wearing.

But the R.O.V.E.R concluded that the pony must’ve received its outfit from the building it came out of. So, it lowered its head and began scanning the interior through the windows, and sure enough, the building was filled with clothes.

Making its way to the door of the building, the R.O.V.E.R used its tail to open it and began to try and wedge its way into the building to get a better look at the clothes inside. Thankfully, the door was big and wide enough for it enter. But just as the machine managed to wiggle itself through the door, more panicked whining and nickering were picked up on its audio receptors, and found a pristine white unicorn at the other end of the store.

Turning its attention away from the pony, the R.O.V.E.R unit started to examine the clothes of the shop. Each one looking like gowns and dresses, whether they were expertly made or not is loss on the machine, as it has no context of style, or craftsmanship. But nevertheless the machine began to examine each one, however as it used its tail to hold the dresses the machine noticed that something was banging against its leg, and when it turned to see what was striking it, the R.O.V.E.R unit found the same white unicorn wielding some kind roll in a blue arura. The same aura that was emitting from the unicorns horn.

~~Pony~~

Rarity was having a pretty good day so far, especially since she’s managed to make three full dresses for her new spring collection. Not to mention she just finished a special to made dress for Octavia, Ponyville’s own famous celloist. Who also plays in the Canterlot Royal orchestra when she, and the other members are called to the castle to perform. But as she was halfway up the stairs, after bidding Octavia farewell when the celloist came for her dress, the mare heard somepony screaming outside. A moment later after hearing the pony outside screaming, Rarity heard something enter her store when the doors bell rung.

“Looks like I got another customer.” Rarity said to herself as she headed back down the stairs. “Welcome to Rarity’s Boutique, where everything is—AGH!”

Rarity let out a wailing cry as she watches the large creature her sister and her friends found, wiggle its way into her store. she remembered the creature was big, but seeing it try to enter her store/house the creature was really massive in size. as the creature manages to wriggle inside the building. Rarity noticed how the creatures skin was shining in the light of the sun, and while Rarity wasn't a fan of deep green, she had to admit the creatures hide was rather stunning in the light…but as she stares at the creature she noticed its singular eye was searching around her store.

‘Why is this thing in my shop?’ Rarity thought to herself as she just stood by the stairs and watched the creature 'Actually, why is the creature wondering around on its own! i thought Fluttershy was supposed to be watching it.' . Rarity internally questioned as she watches the creature wonder around the store...until it started rummaging around with her dresses.

“AGH! NO, NOT MY DRESSES!”

Rarity wailed as she watches the creatures tail slither through the dresses on the racks, where slithering tendrils emerge from the end of the tail and begin roughly handling them. quickly running up the stairs the fashionista searched for something to ward the beast off, but the only thing she could find was an bare fabric roll, which was better than nothing. Grasping her weapon in her aura the unicorn ran back down stairs, and gave another cry as she saw a few of her dresses all wrinkled up and laying on the ground.

“Un-hoof that dress monster! And leave my shop!” Rarity shouted as she swatted at the thing with her fabric roll, trying to get the massive thing out of her store.

“Go on you, you…you cur, get out of my shop!” The creature just continued to just glare down at her, it’s cyclopean eye staring into the unicorns own blue eyes, causing her to just stand there shaking like a leaf.

“Rarity!” the unicorn looked away from creature, and found Twilight, Fluttershy and Spike on the other side of the large beast. Spike rushed through the creatures legs, and skid to a stop in front of Rarity. While Fluttershy flies up to the creature.

“Rarity are you okay?” Twilight asked her friend.

“I’m fine but this thing is rummage through all of my dresses, just look!” Rarity said as she pointed at the few dresses the creature has already handled. “Just look at my poor dresses, they’re covered in creeses.” The unicorn and the dragon looked at the dresses, and indeed saw the gowns in such wrinkled state.

“Sorry Rarity we’ve tried to keep it under control, but it somehow managed to get away from us.” Twilight explained while Fluttershy tries to herd the creature out of Rarity’s store, but the task was proving a little difficult.

The ponies tried again and again to get the creature to leave, and poor Rarity could only stand there and watch as all of her lovely dresses get roughed hoofed. As for the creature it just continued to browse through the clothes, and just ignore the ponies, even with Fluttershy pushing against its side.

“Please Mr. Creature leave my friends shop, your ruining all of her clothes.” Fluttershy said as she tries to get the creature to leave. But eventually the creature finally moved away from the rack of dress, but it has one of Rarity’s dresses in its tails tendrils.

“And where do you think your going with that dress you fiend!” Rarity shouted as she brushes past Spike and Twilight and trotted after the creature.

The creature then wriggled through the door of the boutique still holding onto one of Rarity’s dresses, and one of the more expensive looking ones. Following the creature out of the boutique, so they could try to get the dress away from it, however when they caught up to the creature they all stopped in their tracks as something happened. The three ponies and small dragon watched as a small blue hole just appeared out of thin air, a hole where the creature slipped the dress through.

“Wha…what!” all three ponies plus Spike said in unison.

“…Twilight…” Spike warbled as he watches the hole close, and the creature wonder off again.

“Yeah Spike.” The unicorn said as she and the others simply stood, and watched the creature continue its curious voyage of the town. “…now we really need to keep an eye on this creature.”